Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• Ahmer50x
    27560 posts Player of the Year
    Supposedly Dave's wife is pregnant so that explains that.
  • Teh Zombz
    4768 posts National Call-Up
    this fog :(
  • Ahmer50x
    Everyone's giving the ball away.

Maguire, Bailly, and Matic inside of 15 mins in our own third ffs
  • Ahmer50x
    Aside from the 10 min patch where Rashford, Mason, and Matic all had shots, this has been a pretty boring performance. That half could've gone on for 2 hrs and nobody was scoring.
  • Kman
    3548 posts National Call-Up
    Greenwood has been pretty poor I’d say his last 10 games or so for us. I know he’s not a RW, but he just seems to be a bit off the pace. Tries to dribble too much, a lot of heavy touches in the final 3rd and just doesn’t seem very dynamic. I think we need to start bringing Amad off the bench in the 2nd half of games and start getting him used to the squad and role. A proper RW will unlock a part of the pitch we hardly have used for a few seasons..
  • Pughy30
    28669 posts Player of the Year
    Didn’t Greenwood have some personal issues off the field? It might be still bothering him because he doesn’t look half the player he was last season
  • Ahmer50x
    That was one of the most horrendous halves of football I can remember.

Top 4 race is going to become contentious at this race, rather than comfortable.
  • Kman
    What an absolutely garbage game. Henderson, Bailly, Shaw and Bruno probably only ones who can hold their heads up..rest were so poor. Fred and Matic turning the ball over with lazy passes so much. Rashford was very poor. Cavani didn’t get too much service...just very below par
  • Pughy30
    28669 posts Player of the Year
    Ole’s holding midfielder fetish is just bizarre surely play VDB then either Fred/Matic, why 2 holding mids against a team like Palace
  • UM4R
    4486 posts Moderator
    Pughy30 wrote: »
    Ole’s holding midfielder fetish is just bizarre surely play VDB then either Fred/Matic, why 2 holding mids against a team like Palace

Doesn't trust the defence
  • El_Nino
    7332 posts Big Money Move
    The lack of comments in here is pretty telling for how dull the game must have been.

I always said you’d end up in top 4 race, with Liverpool/Everton and Chelsea all chasing your in for a tough finish.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    34015 posts National Team Captain
    Definitely noticed he’s attempting to dribble a lot more than he did last season. He’s still getting in getting in a lot of great positions, his finishing just seems to be a little off compared to last season.

I know he had some personal off the field stuff earlier on, not sure about now
  • Kman
    El_Nino wrote: »
    The lack of comments in here is pretty telling for how dull the game must have been.

I always said you’d end up in top 4 race, with Liverpool/Everton and Chelsea all chasing your in for a tough finish.

Still 6pts clear of 4th for time being. Still all in our hands but think it’s time to start taking some risks such as blooding Amad and switching somethings up tactically. Can’t just keep doing the same thing it’s clearly too predictable especially against teams that sit deep.
  • Tornado31619
    25419 posts Player of the Year
    It’s Crystal Palace for ❤️❤️❤️❤️ sake, even ❤️❤️❤️❤️ Burnley put three past them

Forget Sancho, just get a CB and midfielder in so that we can start playing football again
  • El_Nino
    7332 posts Big Money Move
    Kman wrote: »
    El_Nino wrote: »

Still 6pts clear of 4th for time being. Still all in our hands but think it’s time to start taking some risks such as blooding Amad and switching somethings up tactically. Can’t just keep doing the same thing it’s clearly too predictable especially against teams that sit deep.

Only due to games in hand though, you’ll potentially only be 3 points ahead of 5th and 4 points ahead of 6th if teams win there games in hand.

Ofc that ifs and buts however with the pretty shoddy form you’ve been in for some time you should definitely be worried.

You’ve got the points in the bag and fortunately Leicester look even worse so you may get away with it, but your definitely looking over your shoulder.
  • Teh Zombz
    4768 posts National Call-Up
    when is pogba back :#
  • Rand0m Hero
    1082 posts Professional
    The lack of squad depth combined with the recent injuries is starting to show in the results. They badly need the break to come. I wouldn’t be surprised if City blew us out on Sunday. Just looking tired and lethargic.
  • Stlducks
    5392 posts Big Money Move
    I felt like I was watching Jose’s United today.
  • Ahmer50x
    Stlducks wrote: »

It was worse.

It was up there with the worst of LVG.
  • forearms
    5251 posts Big Money Move
    I sure am glad I continue to avoid all news and social media on game days, so I can come home to watch these boring as Hell matches after work. I may as well just follow the score on Twitter while I'm at work to see if the game might actually be worth watching. Really, really depressing performances lately.
  • Pietu
    8458 posts League Winner
    You guys sure Neville isn't a Liverpool fan?

Not only did he say this, he also said that Wijnaldum is the most underrated player in the Prem and that TAA can become the best English right back ever.
  • Tornado31619
    25419 posts Player of the Year
    edited March 4
    Maybe he’s simply objective, something that you could learn a thing or two about :wink:
    Post edited by Tornado31619 on
  • Stlducks
    Pietu wrote: »

Not only did he say this, he also said that Wijnaldum is the most underrated player in the Prem and that TAA can become the best English right back ever.

Can you imagine a ex-LFC player saying this about a United or Everton player? I can’t. Neville has always been fair in his judgments of other teams. When talking United he shows bias at times but when taking the league in general he is usually very fair.
  • Pietu
    8458 posts League Winner
    Pietu wrote: »

Can you imagine a ex-LFC player saying this about a United or Everton player? I can’t. Neville has always been fair in his judgments of other teams. When talking United he shows bias at times but when taking the league in general he is usually very fair.

Yes I can, Carragher.
  • Stlducks
    edited March 4
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

It was worse.

It was up there with the worst of LVG.

Ole has made huge strides this season as a manager but he still struggles with finding a way to break down teams that do not allow room to counter. Klopp had the same issue and Poch as far as I know has still never figured out how to beat a team that sits deep. If Ole can figure that out, I think he takes United to the next level.

Look who United has dropped points to, teams at the bottom of the table and they took the least amount of points from the big six, teams that are very hard to counter-attack. Midtable teams United seem to have good success against and a lot of that is Bruno in space creating chances.
  • Keano
    19132 posts World Class
    Mane/Wijnaldum comments are prob right, could argue a few for most underrated player in the Prem tbf.

Trent becoming the best right back ever? he'd need to learn how to defend first, this season has shown exactly why he *wont* become that, ever.

Glad Deano gets his run of games & his chance & hopefully Dave & his other half/baby are all okay & happy.
  • Pxul_
    10268 posts Has That Special Something
    Wijnaldum is overrated I barely notice he’s playing in our games. I’ve made my opinion about it very clear that I can’t wait for him to go. He can play anywhere in our midfield 3 which makes him useful as a versatile player but shouldn’t be a first choice starter for me.
  • Keano
    19132 posts World Class
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    Wijnaldum is overrated I barely notice he’s playing in our games. I’ve made my opinion about it very clear that I can’t wait for him to go. He can play anywhere in our midfield 3 which makes him useful as a versatile player but shouldn’t be a first choice starter for me.

Thing is he fits your system, which is great. Thiago for example, doesn't fit your system as much so isn't 100% the player he can be due to your system not playing to what benefits him completely. Sometimes it's better to have the player that fits your system over one that doesn't, but quality wise isn't as good. Not saying Thiago should be benched, but as an example it fits of someone who does fit the system against someone who doesn't.
  • Ahmer50x

Looks like Deano is starting atleast 6 straight then.

Palace, City, Milan x2, Leicester, and West Ham.

Really a big chance for him.