Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• Keano
    18170 posts World Class
    Shshj wrote: »
    Falk has joined the party now. Why do you need him?

Couldn't tell you.
  • G000ner
    5593 posts Big Money Move
    Another pointless transfer :D
  • Ahmer50x
    26472 posts Player of the Year
    Only possible reason I can think of is winger backup and he’s better down the middle iirc anyways :joy:
  • Low Ki
    12511 posts Has That Special Something
    ...why? Keep him Milan.
  • Low Ki
    12511 posts Has That Special Something
    Anyone seen the story about the club being held to ransom by hackers who've taken over our computer systems? It's surreal:
  • Pietu
    7925 posts League Winner
    Falk has joined the party now. Why do you need him?

Falk is apparently a bad source
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    33734 posts National Team Captain
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Only possible reason I can think of is winger backup and he’s better down the middle iirc anyways :joy:

He is... much better as a 10. It'd end up being another Mata situation. Transfer doesn't make sense if there's truth to it.
  • Ahmer50x
    edited November 2020

He is... much better as a 10. It'd end up being another Mata situation. Transfer doesn't make sense if there's truth to it.

This is an attempt at rationalizing a potential signing rather than my own opinion but maybe Ole’s accepted Pogba is going and wants to use VDB in his role, creating a vacancy as backup 10 to Bruno.

Alternative reason I could come up with is Mata’s deal is up in the summer. Maybe Ole thinks that flex 10/winger depth role is really important to the squad and is trying to fill it on the cheap?

I like Hakan so I’m not against signing him, I just don’t know where he fits in exactly.
  • Keano
    18170 posts World Class

This is an attempt at rationalizing a potential signing rather than my own opinion but maybe Ole’s accepted Pogba is going and wants to use VDB in his role, creating a vacancy as backup 10 to Bruno.

Alternative reason I could come up with is Mata’s deal is up in the summer. Maybe Ole thinks that flex 10/winger depth role is really important to the squad and is trying to fill it on the cheap?

I like Hakan so I’m not against signing him, I just don’t know where he fits in exactly.

It could potentially be this, but if vdb is still gpikg to be brunos back up it makes little sense the issue is for most games you cant play vdb beside matic who has no legs, fred whos not a strong old school holding mid who cant pass and mctominay whos not either, youd need a proper holding mid beside him to stay back and disciplined to let him do his work
  • El_Nino
    6934 posts Big Money Move
    It’s not the worst signing as long as it’s super cheap as a Mata replacement.

Although with how poorly you manage transfers, putting any time into this sort of transfer will attract a lot of negativity, and worry that it takes time away from a potentially meaningful signing.
  • Ahmer50x
    El_Nino wrote: »

Although with how poorly you manage transfers, putting any time into this sort of transfer will attract a lot of negativity, and worry that it takes time away from a potentially meaningful signing.

He’s a free agent next summer iirc
  • El_Nino
    6934 posts Big Money Move
    El_Nino wrote: »

He’s a free agent next summer iirc

Doubt his wages would be too bad, so if your right he’s a fine squad player, like I say just got to hope you don’t spend too much time faffing around with him, should be straight forward though if that’s the case.
  • Pietu
    7925 posts League Winner
    He is asking for this much

Screenshot-20201127-195108.jpg

Milan want to extend him but his asking price has always been the problem.
  • Cyodine
    2908 posts Fans' Favourite
    He's asking a lot for a bench player.
  • Ahmer50x
    edited November 2020
    Doubt he’s asking that. Not a great source :joy:
  • Pietu
    7925 posts League Winner

Nah he is. It's widely reported in the Milan Reddit. I just thought to screenshot that because that kind fellow changed it to the English style of per week.
    Milan want to extend him, the problem is his asking price, even you would be stupid to pay that much for him.
  • Ashy
    13105 posts Has That Special Something
    Is this hacker stuff true?
  • Shshj
    5653 posts Big Money Move
    Pietu wrote: »

Nah he is. It's widely reported in the Milan Reddit. I just thought to screenshot that because that kind fellow changed it to the English style of per week.
    Milan want to extend him, the problem is his asking price, even you would be stupid to pay that much for him.

It's the same with any free agent now. The agent knows there's no transfer fee and tries to claw as much of that back into wages etc. as possible.
  • Pietu
    7925 posts League Winner

It's the same with any free agent now. The agent knows there's no transfer fee and tries to claw as much of that back into wages etc. as possible.

Yeah. I hope nobody is stupid enough to give him that much.
  • Ahmer50x
    Cavani wanted 300k per media reports but signed for closer to half that

If we can do a similar percent reduction, I’m down to grab him. He’d basically just be on Mata’s wages at that point
  • Pietu
    7925 posts League Winner
    I don't get why he would do that, surely by that point he would continue at Milan.
  • Ahmer50x
    I don't get why he would do that, surely by that point he would continue at Milan.

Given the athletic deny falk’s report, it’s possible this entire thing is him using our notorious for overpaying name to try and just get every penny out of Milan
  • Pietu
    7925 posts League Winner

Given the athletic deny falk’s report, it’s possible this entire thing is him using our notorious for overpaying name to try and just get every penny out of Milan

Probably is, let's see if it's going to work
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Not sure how I feel about the diamond here. But at least Matic is the central CDM and Fred will be on the outside so we can avoid that disaster out positioning issue again
  • Ashy
    13105 posts Has That Special Something
    Will be interesting to see how Telles runs that left side on his own, how you deal with the Saints press and if Greenwood can get back to his best
  • Nem
    6877 posts Big Money Move
    😬
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Awful defending that.
  • Smudge
    4935 posts National Call-Up
    Big brain move from Fred there, it's like giving away a penalty
  • yosef167
    2127 posts Fans' Favourite
    this game might end as a disaster.