Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• Pietu
    7925 posts League Winner
    Keano wrote: »
    Pietu wrote: »
    But he is Prem quality. Not United, Chelsea, Everton quality but Prem quality still

Man had his chance, i'm afraid he flopped & is now where he belongs, off tv screens for the most part ;)

He didn't flop, Bruno does that :wink:
  • Teh Zombz
    4654 posts National Call-Up
    this "banter" is terrible, pls stop
  • Ahmer50x
    26472 posts Player of the Year
    Source is the Sun :joy:
  • Keano
    18170 posts World Class
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Source is the Sun :joy:

Shows how far down SSN have gone in the last ten years. Don’t bother watching it anymore as its more about rumours for bets than anything.
  • yosef167
    2127 posts Fans' Favourite
    Matchday
    i think today lineup is the best we have had this year
    hopefully the same goes for the performance
  • Stlducks
    4376 posts National Call-Up
    yosef167 wrote: »
    Matchday

You have to think the players will come out fired up looking to prove last time was just a fluke.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    33734 posts National Team Captain
    yosef167 wrote: »
    Matchday

Agreed.
  • Teh Zombz
    prob my fav line up on paper
  • Smudge
    4935 posts National Call-Up
    Great goal
  • Teh Zombz
    martial is so much better when he isn't the lone ST
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    33734 posts National Team Captain
    Apparently all of our worst defensive performances this season have come when Lindelof hasn't played per what the commentators just said.
  • MorroWtje
    5345 posts Big Money Move
    This has been some delightful stuff to watch, long may it continue! Creative, attacking and pacey team
  • ConGard
    878 posts Semi-Pro
    This has been some of the best football we've played this season imo. Very good attacking lineup that is probably our best team on paper
  • Teh Zombz
    bruno is an end product machine
  • Smudge
    4935 posts National Call-Up
    How the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ did we lose to these lot ffs
  • Low Ki
    12511 posts Has That Special Something
    Smudge wrote: »

Probably because Erdogan would've executed them if they humiliated his team in Turkey.
  • Rand0m Hero
    1048 posts Professional
    Big fan of this lineup. I think this is the vision Ole has for a “style”. Cavani is the type of striker he prefers. This setup also makes Martial run a bit more.
  • MorroWtje
    Would have loved to see Pellistri/Mengi get some minutes
  • Stlducks
    4376 posts National Call-Up
    Smudge wrote: »

Probably because United are either garbage or really good on any given day. These two legs face down the two Uniteds. Same pattern that has continued all year.
  • Kman
    3483 posts National Call-Up
    The game shows me VDB and Fred can work if we wanna be more attacking. VDB one of the best players for me, always looked to get the ball moving and some key passes throughout the game while also defending quite well
  • MorroWtje
    Kman wrote: »
    The game shows me VDB and Fred can work if we wanna be more attacking. VDB one of the best players for me, always looked to get the ball moving and some key passes throughout the game while also defending quite well

Yeah I think we've all known against weaker teams having 1 defensive and 1 creative would work. Ole's often used Pogba with Matic/Fred/McT for that creative spark. More than happy to see VdB in that position more.

Also very happy with Telles, seems very quick, good attacking, distribution, defending.
  • Ahmer50x
    Sounds like we had a great night. Gutted I missed it, but can't wait to see highlights.

A draw in either match gets us through while a win vs PSG would ensure we top the group basically. Never thought that would be the case when the draw was made.
  • MorroWtje
    Sounds like we had a great night. Gutted I missed it, but can't wait to see highlights.

A draw in either match gets us through while a win vs PSG would ensure we top the group basically. Never thought that would be the case when the draw was made.

First half was excellent, probably our best 11 on the field. Quick passing, creative play, 3 goals, was everything we could want from a United team. Second half, bunch of changes disrupted things so was more even. Basaksehir scored from a FK which DDG arguably should have kept out, Basaksehir then had more of the pressure and had a few half chances. Last minute Greenwood/DJ too quick for their defense on the break. Good move and glad to see DJ getting a goal.
  • Rand0m Hero
    1048 posts Professional
    I thought VDB and Telles had good games. Telles is a great crosser and he seems to be pretty decent on the press. Donnie did his thing and looked sound at both ends of the pitch. I was happy with the way the team operated behind Cavani. I wasn’t exactly sold on him when he was signed but I think he’s done well as a sub and the play flowed behind him really well tonight. He and Telles will hook up on a couple nice crosses this season if both are fit. It’s a perfect match. The team sort of lost some steam when Bruno came out of the game. Based on this style I thought it made pretty obvious that the club needs at least one more true wing player. Martial played ok but he’s still caught somewhere in between a central and a wide player. He’s great at taking people on but his passing isn’t the best. Comfortable with Rashford one one wing. Hopefully Diallo can grow into that player on the other side. Also thought Maguire really stuck out given how the rest of the team moved. There was a nice press, the team played with pace, and then there was Harry Maguire.
  • Ahmer50x
    edited November 2020

Literally insane. He’s treating the CL and PL like they’re the Portuguese league :joy:
  • Pietu
    7925 posts League Winner

Literally insane. He’s treating the CL and PL like they’re the Portuguese league :joy:

The Portuguese league is the best league confirmed.
  • Pxul_
    9986 posts Has That Special Something
    I really rated him at Leverkusen, don’t really see why you need him tho😂
  • Shshj
    5653 posts Big Money Move
    Falk has joined the party now. Why do you need him?