Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• Ahmer50x
    25778 posts Player of the Year
    Only thing I'd say the article gets wrong is that Telles will now isolate for 10 days. He's been isolating since atleast Saturday since he missed Chelsea.

Should be back with the group by Tuesday at the latest. Probably too soon for Istanbul so you'd play Shaw there but he should be available vs Everton.
  • Tornado31619
    23233 posts Club Captain
    Hopefully Greenwood starts vs. Everton. James would work if we were playing against a high line like Southampton.
  • Ahmer50x
    edited October 29

Best attacking mids in the league? KDB number 1 and Bruno number 2 ;)

Second United mid is Fred btw.
  • Snugglebites
    2054 posts Fans' Favourite
    What is a smart pass?
  • Ahmer50x
    What is a smart pass?

Per the Wyscout glossary: "A creative and penetrative pass that attempts to break the opposition's defensive lines to gain a significant advantage in attack"
  • Stlducks
    3793 posts National Call-Up
    What is a smart pass?

Not sure why "smart pass" is a metric? When there is already a metric that is very similar called "shot-creating actions" just looking at the numbers, they look to be the same stat? Bruno is second per MF in that stat as well.

Smart pass just sounds like something a website made up trying to simply stats for people to understand lol

@Ahmer50x Bruno is a great attacking midfielder, no doubt about that. But to me he is like a Steve Nash (who was my favorite NBA player of all time) he will create, do amazing things in attack. But with that comes turning the ball over often which can lead to opponents having good chances.

While we are talking about Bruno, one area that he has really improved on that people don't really talk about is his pressing. He used to be knocked as a player that did not press well and that is why people thought a diamond midfield would not work with United. I even posted a Tifo video on that in this thread a month or two ago when the discussion came up. But watching Bruno this season and looking at his stats, he leads the team in pressures by a pretty wide margin.

I know others have said it a lot but to get the best out of Bruno and Pogba, going to a 4-4-2 might be best for United so hopefully Ole tries it out and people can see how it works.
  • Pietu
    7591 posts League Winner
    What is a smart pass?

Smart passes imo are passes that keep you the possession, not those risky passes. I would count sideways and backpasses as smart passes
  • Ahmer50x
    Stlducks wrote: »
    I know others have said it a lot but to get the best out of Bruno and Pogba, going to a 4-4-2 might be best for United so hopefully Ole tries it out and people can see how it works.

Yeah, I'd like to see us go with either the 442 diamond or the 352 as the primary formation. I really think our best bet is a formation that switches out the wingers for two strikers. Ole's got 4 good strikers so we can make it work.
  • Pughy30
    28205 posts Player of the Year
  • Ahmer50x
    Hopefully it helps us get good money back for him next summer. Would be nice if he shone and we could make a profit off of a move for a change.

Can't see anyone dislodging AWB anytime soon so don't think he has a future here regardless of how well he does. Spiderman's telescopic tackling is just from another planet.
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    14436 posts World Class
    edited October 30
    After last night Marcus Rashford now has the fastest hat-trick off the bench in Champions League History with 27 minutes

The record was previously held by Kylian Mbappé with 32 minutes

#hesoneofourown
    #GGMU 🔴 ⚪ ⚫
    Post edited by P1tch_1nvaderz88 on
  • Tornado31619
    23233 posts Club Captain
    Who needs Mbappé? :trollface:
    He’s more than welcome, though :wink:
  • Ahmer50x
    Who needs Mbappé? :trollface:
    He’s more than welcome, though :wink:

Mbappe---Greenwood---Rashford

Just imagine :joy:

Too bad there are atleast 5 clubs ahead of us in that queue, if not more :cry:
  • Tornado31619
    23233 posts Club Captain
    Let’s see how many of them can actually afford him. Though of course, he seems set on Real, anyway.
  • Ahmer50x
    Let’s see how many of them can actually afford him. Though of course, he seems set on Real, anyway.

Real are gonna be great again in a few years. Mbappe 2021 and Haaland 2022. They just have to hope one of their youngsters like Vinicius, Rodrigo, or Brahim Diaz ends up good enough to complete the triumvirate.
  • Tornado31619
    23233 posts Club Captain
    I’m not convinced that they’ll sign Håaland. He’d be the perfect heir to Lewandowski.
  • arsenalap
    8684 posts League Winner
    edited October 30
    Real are set no matter who they sign.

Lunin
    Odriozola - Varane - Militao - Mendy
    Valverde - Ceballos
    Odegaard
    Rodrygo - Jovic - Vincius

Asensio
    Kubo
    Brahim
    Reiner

I'm surprised they sold Hakimi tbh, and they'll end up buying Reguilon back imo.

But really they probably will sign Camavinga and Mbappe as the big name players and also a RB.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    33592 posts National Team Captain
    edited October 30
    Why...there's no need after signing VDB.

• Apollo
    20659 posts Club Captain
    edited October 30

In my opinion, that report is likely to be the club's name getting used by the player's agent in negotiations with another club. It happens all the time as you know.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Apollo wrote: »

In my opinion, that report is likely to be the club's name getting used by the player's agent in negotiations with another club. It happens all the time as you know.

Yeah that'd be my guess, Christian Falk is usually solid though. But yeah it just doesn't make sense unless maybe we are genuinely looking at him as a backup winger option because that's what he's primarily played at AC Milan... even then I hope that's not the case. I don't think Calhanoglu is a bad player by any means and he's only 26, but I just don't see him as a winger and we don't need another 10 like that.
  • Apollo
    20659 posts Club Captain
    edited October 30

Yeah that'd be my guess, Christian Falk is usually solid though. But yeah it just doesn't make sense unless maybe we are genuinely looking at him as a backup winger option because that's what he's primarily played at AC Milan... even then I hope that's not the case. I don't think Calhanoglu is a bad player by any means and he's only 26, but I just don't see him as a winger and we don't need another 10 like that.

I know you said you agree with my guess, just addressing the next bit about Falk's reliability. I think I'm right in saying that his reliability only really covers deals that involve German clubs, he's not really known for reliability outside of there, so it wouldn't surprise me if he's fallen for an attempt by the player's agent to leverage talks with someone else.
  • XxRichiexRichxX

I know you said you agree with my guess, just addressing the next bit about Falk's reliability. I think I'm right in saying that his reliability only really covers deals that involve German clubs, he's not really known for reliability outside of there, so it wouldn't surprise me if he's fallen for an attempt by the player's agent to leverage talks with someone else.

Yeah true on his reliability being primarily within Bundas. Well either way, not a signing I want to see as much as I enjoy the guys freekicks and crossing haha.
  • Ahmer50x

Exactly my view on it.
  • Snugglebites
    He was so good at Leverkusen, one of my all-time favourite players. He's been utter trash at Milan, though. He doesn't even score free kicks anymore.
  • Pietu
    7591 posts League Winner
    He was so good at Leverkusen, one of my all-time favourite players. He's been utter trash at Milan, though. He doesn't even score free kicks anymore.

He isn’t trash anymore, he is one of their best players
  • arsenalap
    8684 posts League Winner
    Pietu wrote: »

He isn’t trash anymore, he is one of their best players

This, he isnt utter trash atm
  • Snugglebites
    He's been alright since Ibra arrived. Two years of Turnip performances before that.
  • Ahmer50x
    He's been alright since Ibra arrived. Two years of Turnip performances before that.

So basically just like AC Milan in general :joy: