Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• XxRichiexRichxX
    33324 posts National Team Captain
    edited September 15
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Barring them massively improving defensively OR Spurs playing 3 back as their primary formation...I can just see Jose getting fed up quickly if both of them are starters.

Begs the question really as to how much of those signings are at the request of Jose, or Levy because neither of them really fit Jose's style with how poor they are defensively.

Every signing is a Jose signing. Levy will do anything to keep his idol happy (if Spurs can afford the money). Just look at how he stares at him during the Amazon doc like a teenager starring at his crush.

As smart as Jose is, he knows 3 at the back would be best. I can't imagine him being naive enough to not try it.

He'll 100% try it, the chances of him sticking to it are slim to none. Sure Jose is smart...but he's also stubborn as ❤️❤️❤️❤️ and stuck in his old ways. He's too much of a pragmatist. Just look at his time at United, it was so obvious for most of his time here that with his style of play we were better suited in a 433 with our players AND that Lukaku wasn't a target man, but he wasn't having it and continued to play Lukaku in a target man role and with his 4231. It's honestly shocking to me that he didn't commit more to the 433 with us given that most of his title winning seasons were won using a 433 primarily. Real Madrid is primarily where he swapped to a 4231.

We will see. Like I said to @Ahmer50x when we talked about Jose previously, Jose said he has learned from his time at United and has changed so I'll give him the benefit of doubt until he proves he has not changed at Spurs. If he changes and the club starts winning, I think he will stick with it. Him actually making the change is my only question.

He played that same card with us about his time at Chelsea :lol:

And Iirc we were rather successful with the 3 back formation and almost always the rare occasion of the 433 under Jose and he never stuck with it. Some of our best football under Mourinho came when he ran a 433, but again, it always ended up right back to a 4231.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Barring them massively improving defensively OR Spurs playing 3 back as their primary formation...I can just see Jose getting fed up quickly if both of them are starters.

Begs the question really as to how much of those signings are at the request of Jose, or Levy because neither of them really fit Jose's style with how poor they are defensively.

Every signing is a Jose signing. Levy will do anything to keep his idol happy (if Spurs can afford the money). Just look at how he stares at him during the Amazon doc like a teenager starring at his crush.

As smart as Jose is, he knows 3 at the back would be best. I can't imagine him being naive enough to not try it.

He'll 100% try it, the chances of him sticking to it are slim to none. Sure Jose is smart...but he's also stubborn as ❤️❤️❤️❤️ and stuck in his old ways. He's too much of a pragmatist. Just look at his time at United, it was so obvious for most of his time here that with his style of play we were better suited in a 433 with our players AND that Lukaku wasn't a target man, but he wasn't having it and continued to play Lukaku in a target man role and with his 4231. It's honestly shocking to me that he didn't commit more to the 433 with us given that most of his title winning seasons were won using a 433 primarily. Real Madrid is primarily where he swapped to a 4231.

We will see. Like I said to Ahmer50x when we talked about Jose previously, Jose said he has learned from his time at United and has changed so I'll give him the benefit of doubt until he proves he has not changed at Spurs. If he changes and the club starts winning, I think he will stick with it. Him actually making the change is my only question.

Every time I hear you say Jose has changed, it just reminds me of this commercial:

:joy: accurate
  • Stlducks
    3228 posts National Call-Up

We will see. Like I said to Ahmer50x when we talked about Jose previously, Jose said he has learned from his time at United and has changed so I'll give him the benefit of doubt until he proves he has not changed at Spurs. If he changes and the club starts winning, I think he will stick with it. Him actually making the change is my only question.

Every time I hear you say Jose has changed, it just reminds me of this commercial:

Haha I get what you are saying but just watch his press conferences, completely different. He doesn’t seem miserable like at United. I’m convinced the only reason United hired Ole was so they could have someone always smiling.
  • XxRichiexRichxX

Haha I get what you are saying but just watch his press conferences, completely different. He doesn’t seem miserable like at United. I’m convinced the only reason United hired Ole was so they could have someone always smiling.

I mean... he wasn't always miserable at United either if you were to watch his press conferences with United in the first year and primarily the first half of his 2nd season. Things didn't start to spiral until the 2nd half of the 2nd season when he started clashing with Pogba.
  • yosef167
    1770 posts Play-Off Hero
    Its over Regelion in Spurs.
    now Sancho is our final hope .
  • Ahmer50x
    25064 posts Player of the Year
    Here We Go Podcast w/ Fab Takeaways:
    • Still trying for Sancho, he’s the first choice. Dortmund want 120m euro. He’s told Dortmund he wants to go but won’t strike.
    • United are not working to sign Gareth Bale.
    • United have been offered Costa and Perisic. United think Costa is too injury prone. Perisic isn’t the first choice but they’ve said “okay, we’ll let you know”. He has always been appreciated by the board though.
    • Roma want 2 CBs. Kumbulla was one, Smalling is the other. They bid 12-13m euro last week, United rejected it. United want 20m euro. Roma will keep trying but they do have another CB as a backup option if no deal can be done.
  • Wyojasond
    14915 posts Has That Special Something
    20m seems to be a fairly solid number across a lot of the big teams for fringe players. Still shocked Arsenal got that for Martinez. Don’t think other teams are gonna be as lucky. Will be interesting to see if some start to bend a bit in there valuations.
  • El_Nino
    6409 posts Big Money Move
    Think Smalling probably gets done for 15 would be my guess.

Could see you settling for Perisic, would it be a loan or a buy? He looked great for Bayern when I saw him last year, much harder prospect doing it for United in the prem though, would still be a decent player to have though.
  • Ahmer50x
    edited September 16
    El_Nino wrote: »
    Think Smalling probably gets done for 15 would be my guess.

Could see you settling for Perisic, would it be a loan or a buy? He looked great for Bayern when I saw him last year, much harder prospect doing it for United in the prem though, would still be a decent player to have though.

I agree that Smalling gets done for 15 at some point.

Perisic certainly seems to be the key backup target to watch atm after Fab's comments on him, Bale and Costa + Falk ruled out Coman moving. Inter don't want him so I'd imagine they'd be open to either option. United probably just want a loan is my guess before trying (and likely failing) again for Sancho next summer. We don't really sign old players permanently under Ole.
  • Ashy
    12032 posts Has That Special Something
    The thing with Perisic is I've only seen him play on the left, was good at Bayern and Inter and would be a good addition, not long term but good stop gap. But the issue is Utd need a RW not a LW, yes you could move him or Rashford but they won't be as good on that side, maybe it's better to try get a guy comfortable on the right
  • Stlducks
    Weren't United offering around 100m for Sancho already? Add what you get for selling Smalling and that should meet the asking price. Or were United offering way less?
  • Ashy
    Weren't United offering around 100m for Sancho already? Add what you get for selling Smalling and that should meet the asking price. Or were United offering way less?

I don't think an official bid has happened in a long while, I heard they offered like £80m a while back but it's way off and all that's happened since is they agreed the wages with Sancho, the agent fees and know the price Dortmund want is £108m
  • Ahmer50x

Fab said United unofficially offered 90+18 in add ons last month.

Problem is less of us not having the money than us being willing to pay it so not sure Smalling going moves us forward.
  • Apollo
    20569 posts Club Captain

Problem is less of us not having the money than us being willing to pay it so not sure Smalling going moves us forward.

This. We've offered the whole sum they wanted, just some of it is in addons which is the problem. If the addons were converted to guaranteed fee, we'll get him. The question is if.
  • Ashy
    edited September 16
    Apollo wrote: »

This. We've offered the whole sum they wanted, just some of it is in addons which is the problem. If the addons were converted to guaranteed fee, we'll get him. The question is if.

Surely if United expect him to be as good as he should, and United to challenge for the title/UCL a couple of years from now then the add ons would be as guaranteed as you can get so its a no brainer really.
  • Ahmer50x
    Ashy wrote: »

Surely if United expect him to be as good as he should, and United to challenge for the title/UCL a couple of years from now then the add ons would be as guaranteed as you can get so its a no brainer really.

Two no brainers actually:
    0_GettyImages-1077640578.jpg
  • Apollo
    20569 posts Club Captain
    Ashy wrote: »

Two no brainers actually:
    0_GettyImages-1077640578.jpg

That pretty much sums it up :joy:
  • Kman
    3301 posts National Call-Up
    Yay we miss out on both players to Spurs...
  • Low Ki
    12388 posts Has That Special Something
    I'm not gutted over Reguilon if the only way to land them was to pay for a glorified loan deal. Missing out on Haaland hurt more but the fact we didn't conceded the release clause in negotiations lessened that sting.

And who the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ would want professional golfer Gareth Bale in 2020?
  • Apollo
    20569 posts Club Captain
    Low Ki wrote: »
    I'm not gutted over Reguilon if the only way to land them was to pay for a glorified loan deal. Missing out on Haaland hurt more but the fact we didn't conceded the release clause in negotiations lessened that sting.

Completely agree on all of that. It doesn't excuse Ed and Judge's pace regarding getting Ole's other targets done, but the right decisions were made regarding backing out of the Reguilon deal and not going after Bale.
  • Kman
    3301 posts National Call-Up

Who do we have as a RW that is better? I agree Bale isn’t what he was, but what other options are there anywhere?
  • Sellish
    10201 posts Has That Special Something
    Kman wrote: »

Who do we have as a RW that is better? I agree Bale isn’t what he was, but what other options are there anywhere?

I'd rather have Greenwood as starter and Chong as back up then get Bale. Right move to skip him.

We need a RW but not just anyone.
  • Low Ki
    12388 posts Has That Special Something

Taking Mr Glass on his wages is worse than bringing Sanchez back on full wage.
  • Pxul_
    9723 posts League Winner
    edited September 17
    We have a couple, Wilson or Shaqiri ;) take your pick
  • ViVaWhom
    9378 posts League Winner
    We need to sign a RW though... even if its a stop gap

we cant expect Greenwood to deliver consistently and play nearly every game

• El_Nino
    6409 posts Big Money Move

Tottenham are only paying around 40% of Bales wages, that’s about 250.

He’s more than worth the gamble for that, and if you miss out on Sancho you’ll have massively missed out by not loaning Bale, unlikely he’ll be what he was, but he’s very likely going to be an upgrade on Greenwood at RW.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    edited September 17
    Not fussed about Reguilon with the buy back clause issue, but I'd have 100% taken Bale on loan even if he's not what he was, he's still has an impact for sure. Rather have a good enough RW to allow Greenwood to challenge at ST

Thiago is a great deal for LFC.
  • yosef167
    1770 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited September 17
    El_Nino wrote: »

Tottenham are only paying around 40% of Bales wages, that’s about 250.

He’s more than worth the gamble for that, and if you miss out on Sancho you’ll have massively missed out by not loaning Bale, unlikely he’ll be what he was, but he’s very likely going to be an upgrade on Greenwood at RW.

I agree.
    also I cant Understand people who would be fine if we just keep Greenwood Running as RW . he gets missed there almost the whole match .. luckily he is kind of a player who need 1 moment to shine..
    he cant Fit the RW position and he is ready to rotate as A ST
    never forget Martial is not really consinint in finishing so we cant allow Greenwood to forget how to play the ST role.
  • XxRichiexRichxX

They aren't paying his full wages.
  • Stlducks
    edited September 17
    Bale will cost Spurs roughly £15m this season. Pretty cheap for a player of his caliber even if he is only 70% what he used to be, he’s an upgrade on Lucas.

I see why United fans are saying they don’t want a buy back clause but if Reguilon earns Spurs top 4 and goes back to Madrid for £15m more than Spurs bought him at, the deal is well worth it IMO.