Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• wth22
    11481 posts Has That Special Something
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    it makes more sense for spurs tbh, they would compromise alot more

Reguilon doesn't make sense in Jose's system. It's a bad move for all involved.

United should match and grab the player if Spurs do agree a deal unless Spurs agree to the buyback. In that case, they could have him.

Yeah, Doherty and Reguilon both would be a mess unless they shift to a 3 atb. Which isn't the least likeliest option here.
  • Ahmer50x
    25066 posts Player of the Year
    Mood:

200.gif
  • Stlducks
    3240 posts National Call-Up
    Can't wait to see United bottle the Sancho, Bale and Reguilon deals. Don't even care if Spurs get any as long as United miss out on them all. :D

I honestly feel like Spurs are just being thrown into the mix to put pressure on United though. Links came out of nowhere all of a sudden.
  • Ahmer50x
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Can't wait to see United bottle the Sancho, Bale and Reguilon deals. Don't even care if Spurs get any as long as United miss out on them all. :D

I honestly feel like Spurs are just being thrown into the mix to put pressure on United though. Links came out of nowhere all of a sudden.

I'm saddened by Reguilon either way but if you've agreed to a buyback, I won't be mad. We simply can't do that.

As to the other two, we have to sign one. If United end the window with just VDB having signed, that'll be a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ tragedy.
  • wth22
    Reguilon would've been nice to have but he's not a make or break window/season signing.
  • Ahmer50x
    wth22 wrote: »
    Reguilon would've been nice to have but he's not a make or break window/season signing.

He's not but if Reguilon is off to Spurs, we've got 20 days left and are close to signing ❤️❤️❤️❤️ nobody. It's not Reguilon necessarily that is the issue. It's the fact that we have just signed a backup CAM all summer and there's very little time left.
  • wth22

He's not but if Reguilon is off to Spurs, we've got 20 days left and are close to signing ❤️❤️❤️❤️ nobody. It's not Reguilon necessarily that is the issue. It's the fact that we have just signed a backup CAM all summer and there's very little time left.

Yeah, Reguilon isn't the make or break signing either way imo. If we sign just VdB and Reguilon this window is still a failure. Sancho is the one that'll decide whether it's a great window or an awful one single handedly, given how he's literally the perfect fit for what's by far the biggest gap in our squad atm.
  • Stlducks
    Also if Reguilon goes to Spurs over United, it's not so bad that United missed him, it's bad he strengthens a direct top 4 rival. I say this only if Reguilon is as good as people say since I honestly have never seen him play, I can't give my own opinion on him.
  • Ahmer50x
    edited September 15

Okay, so Fab is backing down it would appear. Looks like he's Spurs bound then.

United have got to get their ❤️❤️❤️❤️ together now. 20 days, either Sancho or 2 mid-level signings needed to salvage the window.
  • wth22

United have got to get their ❤️❤️❤️❤️ together now. 20 days, either Sancho or 2 mid-level signings needed to salvage the window.

I don't think 2 mid level signings salvage the window either given the windows our immediate competitors have/will have had.
  • SimenHP
    2690 posts Fans' Favourite
    I say it again. I hope Sergio won't sign with MU. Everytime I read on this post, it just seems like MU fans don't care much about him, while I as a RM fan have him as the one player I want the most to return from loan to RM (with Kubo, who is probably our most underrated player)
  • Ashy
    12032 posts Has That Special Something
    Got to wonder if ED just says ❤️❤️❤️❤️ it and pays £108m for Sancho after Spurs swooping in for Reguilon and Bale, who's the most likely back up to Sancho, Perisic? Douglas Costa? Coman? Lemar?
  • Ahmer50x
    Ashy wrote: »
    Got to wonder if ED just says ❤️❤️❤️❤️ it and pays £108m for Sancho after Spurs swooping in for Reguilon and Bale, who's the most likely back up to Sancho, Perisic? Douglas Costa? Coman? Lemar?

FrenchAbsoluteBelugawhale-size_restricted.gif

Would honestly rather pay Bournemouth 15m for King as cover and take my chances with Greenwood starting RW all season.
  • wth22

Would honestly rather pay Bournemouth 15m for King as cover and take my chances with Greenwood starting RW all season.

I wouldn't mind any of those 4 if they're ok with a backup role next season onwards, as a stop gap, but if they want a permanent starting role yeah I agree with you.
  • Ahmer50x

I don't think 2 mid level signings salvage the window either given the windows our immediate competitors have/will have had.

I think you're overestimating Jose and Spurs (as usual :tongue: )
  • Apollo
    20570 posts Club Captain
    The club were absolutely right not to agree to a buyback clause. Several of us said that right from the start. Either they agree to forget it, or we back out of the deal. And that's exactly what we did.
  • Ahmer50x
    Apollo wrote: »
    The club were absolutely right not to agree to a buyback clause. Several of us said that right from the start. Either they agree to forget it, or we back out of the deal. And that's exactly what we did.

Yes, they were, but we got our hopes up that a signing was on the way and now nothing seems on the horizon.

Club has to do some business in the remainder of the window to wash the bad taste out of the mouth.
  • wth22

Perhaps it's my intrinsic bias towards Jose, but I feel that Doherty and Reguilon will be a massive improvement on the voids they had at full back last season, which was by far their biggest weakness imo.
  • wth22
    Apollo wrote: »

Yes, they were, but we got our hopes up that a signing was on the way and now nothing seems on the horizon.

Club has to do some business in the remainder of the window to wash the bad taste out of the mouth.

Yup, seemed like we'd get our way without a buy back, and Fabrizio reported we don't want to pay the 30m euro (!) in which meanwhile Spurs agreed to all the terms and conditions real wanted.
  • Ahmer50x

Luton beat Reading away 1-0. United travel to them next week.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    33327 posts National Team Captain
    SimenHP wrote: »
    I say it again. I hope Sergio won't sign with MU. Everytime I read on this post, it just seems like MU fans don't care much about him, while I as a RM fan have him as the one player I want the most to return from loan to RM (with Kubo, who is probably our most underrated player)

Not sure how you're getting that we "don't care much about him"... when most of us have stated we want to sign him, we just all agree that we want nothing to do with a buy back clause.

I wouldn't mind any of them really as a temporary winger... Coman is a clear talent if he can overcome the injuries, but I wouldn't be setting him as our long term winger target.

Perhaps it's my intrinsic bias towards Jose, but I feel that Doherty and Reguilon will be a massive improvement on the voids they had at full back last season, which was by far their biggest weakness imo.

Barring them massively improving defensively OR Spurs playing 3 back as their primary formation...I can just see Jose getting fed up quickly if both of them are starters.

Begs the question really as to how much of those signings are at the request of Jose, or Levy because neither of them really fit Jose's style with how poor they are defensively.
  • Stlducks
    Barring them massively improving defensively OR Spurs playing 3 back as their primary formation...I can just see Jose getting fed up quickly if both of them are starters.

Begs the question really as to how much of those signings are at the request of Jose, or Levy because neither of them really fit Jose's style with how poor they are defensively.

Every signing is a Jose signing. Levy will do anything to keep his idol happy (if Spurs can afford the money). Just look at how he stares at him during the Amazon doc like a teenager starring at his crush.

As smart as Jose is, he knows 3 at the back would be best. I can't imagine him being naive enough to not try it.
  • Ahmer50x

Every signing is a Jose signing. Levy will do anything to keep his idol happy (if Spurs can afford the money). Just look at how he stares at him during the Amazon doc like a teenager starring at his crush.

As smart as Jose is, he knows 3 at the back would be best. I can't imagine him being naive enough to not try it.

It just screams of a lack of planning though. Hojbjerg feels like he's best suited to playing in front of a back 4. In front of a 3, he doesn't offer enough going forward. But on the other hand, Doherty and Reguilon feel like they're better suited to a 3atb.

Meanwhile Bale seems to fit in either formation, but if you were gonna get him back, why buy Bergwijn for so much in January?
  • Stlducks

It just screams of a lack of planning though. Hojbjerg feels like he's best suited to playing in front of a back 4. In front of a 3, he doesn't offer enough going forward. But on the other hand, Doherty and Reguilon feel like they're better suited to a 3atb.

Meanwhile Bale seems to fit in either formation, but if you were gonna get him back, why buy Bergwijn for so much in January?

Hojbjerg is good at pressing, something Jose has said he wants to do this season and why he was so angry at the lazy pressing against Everton. Hojbjerg also plays through balls better than anyone else in midfield for Spurs so I see him more than just a defensive player.

For the Bergwijn question, I doubt Spurs planned on Bale being available for this cheap. They have tried loan deals in the past and were rejected. Adding Bale to the squad just gives it more depth, something Spurs have lacked for years. Also another attacking option for when Kane is injured, another thing Spurs have lacked for years.

Maybe Levy finally learned his lesson after last season with Son, Kane, Lo Celso and Dele were hurt at the same time and he realized you can't just have 5 good attackers in a squad?
  • yosef167
    1781 posts Play-Off Hero

the only reason i want us get RW is the fact Greenwood is playing there.
    each goal he scored /assisted did come when he placed himself in the Central postion . i wouldnt be happy to waste a year off greenwood development to play as RW
    RW did never Nd will never Suit him
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    33327 posts National Team Captain

He'll 100% try it, the chances of him sticking to it are slim to none. Sure Jose is smart...but he's also stubborn as ❤️❤️❤️❤️ and stuck in his old ways. He's too much of a pragmatist. Just look at his time at United, it was so obvious for most of his time here that with his style of play we were better suited in a 433 with our players AND that Lukaku wasn't a target man, but he wasn't having it and continued to play Lukaku in a target man role and with his 4231. It's honestly shocking to me that he didn't commit more to the 433 with us given that most of his title winning seasons were won using a 433 primarily. Real Madrid is primarily where he swapped to a 4231.
  • Teh Zombz
    4490 posts National Call-Up
    well this transfer window is going well, be lucky to get near top 4 at the moment
  • Stlducks

He'll 100% try it, the chances of him sticking to it are slim to none. Sure Jose is smart...but he's also stubborn as ❤️❤️❤️❤️ and stuck in his old ways. He's too much of a pragmatist. Just look at his time at United, it was so obvious for most of his time here that with his style of play we were better suited in a 433 with our players AND that Lukaku wasn't a target man, but he wasn't having it and continued to play Lukaku in a target man role and with his 4231. It's honestly shocking to me that he didn't commit more to the 433 with us given that most of his title winning seasons were won using a 433 primarily. Real Madrid is primarily where he swapped to a 4231.

We will see. Like I said to @Ahmer50x when we talked about Jose previously, Jose said he has learned from his time at United and has changed so I'll give him the benefit of doubt until he proves he has not changed at Spurs. If he changes and the club starts winning, I think he will stick with it. Him actually making the change is my only question.
  • Ahmer50x

We will see. Like I said to Ahmer50x when we talked about Jose previously, Jose said he has learned from his time at United and has changed so I'll give him the benefit of doubt until he proves he has not changed at Spurs. If he changes and the club starts winning, I think he will stick with it. Him actually making the change is my only question.

Every time I hear you say Jose has changed, it just reminds me of this commercial: