Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• XxRichiexRichxX
    33264 posts National Team Captain
    Shshj wrote: »

Explains why Simon tweeted this as well. I know everyone is desperate to sign the kid but 300k+ is laughable, smart of the club to hold firm. But in the end I expect us to cave and give him 250k+ wages.

• Apollo
    20405 posts Club Captain
    edited August 4
    @XxRichiexRichxX Fabrizio already confirmed the wages. Personal terms are done. The club are briefing false information as a negotiating tactic. He's getting £250k a week.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    edited August 4
    Apollo wrote: »
    @XxRichiexRichxX Fabrizio already confirmed the wages. Personal terms are done. The club are briefing false information as a negotiating tactic. He's getting £250k a week.

I get that he’s said that.From what i've seen, Simon and Ornstein have been more accurate regarding United matters over the years than Fabrizio. I do find it funny that everyone all of a sudden holds Fabrizio higher than Simon or Ornstein when any other summer it’s always been the other way around.

Not saying Fabrizio may not be right in this case, but I trust Simon more for sure. I think everyone fully expects the deal to go through regardless. Ed/Judge/whatever3rdpartysource will cave to BVB's demands one way or another.

Also, personal terms have "been agreed" upon at least 3 times in the last 2-3 months.
  • Keano
    16582 posts World Class
    Repeats the exact same process as before, brief certain media to say we'll hold firm & go elsewhere... to try & get Dortmund to lower the fee, damn well knowing he'll pay the fee regardless but it's his way of bargaining before the deal completes.

• XxRichiexRichxX
    Keano wrote: »
    Repeats the exact same process as before, brief certain media to say we'll hold firm & go elsewhere... to try & get Dortmund to lower the fee, damn well knowing he'll pay the fee regardless but it's his way of bargaining before the deal completes.

As I said, fully expect everyone to cave to BVB's demands at the end of the day.
  • Apollo
    20405 posts Club Captain
    edited August 4

I get that he’s said that.From what i've seen, Simon and Ornstein have been more accurate regarding United matters over the years than Fabrizio. I do find it funny that everyone all of a sudden holds Fabrizio higher than Simon or Ornstein when any other summer it’s always been the other way around.

Not saying Fabrizio may not be right in this case, but I trust Simon more for sure. I think everyone fully expects the deal to go through regardless. Ed/Judge/whatever3rdpartysource will cave to BVB's demands one way or another.

Also, personal terms have "been agreed" upon at least 3 times in the last 2-3 months.

Are you not familiar with a club brief? Every single English journalist reported exactly the same thing within a minute or two of each other. It's a club brief, its BS. It happened with AWB, Maguire and Bruno.

Fabrizio doesn't do club briefs. And also he hasn't claimed that at all about personal terms until the last day or so. He said they wouldn't be a problem. It was only in the last day or so he confirmed they were agreed.
  • Keano
    16582 posts World Class
    Keano wrote: »

As I said, fully expect everyone to cave to BVB's demands at the end of the day.

it's not about caving, Woodward knows he's doing the deal, it's a final ploy/tactic to shave 5m off or get 5-10m more into installments or bonus clauses etc. The same was done with Maguire, AWB, Bruno. That is Woodwards plan & how he deals with things & this is the final negotiation step before everything is agreed & we wait for Fabrizio.
  • Ahmer50x
    24843 posts Club Captain
    edited August 4

Simon is more accurate than Fabrizio because Simon exists as a mouth piece for the Manchester clubs. He writes what he's told so he's never "wrong".

Fabrizio uses his own sources. Therefore, he's ahead of the curve rather than waiting for club confirmation. This results in the occasional misfire, but it does make him the better journalist in terms of getting information early and from a broad range of sources, rather than just typing up whatever 2 club chairmen want him to.
  • Ashy
    11819 posts Has That Special Something
    Whats the point of it when its so obvious then?
  • Ahmer50x
    24843 posts Club Captain
    Ashy wrote: »

...4 days later AWB signs.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49166507
    ...6 days later Maguire signs.

...12 days later Bruno signs.

Woodward thinks he's being clever and getting the best deal. He doesn't realize people are laughing at him, not with him.
  • Apollo
    20405 posts Club Captain
    Ashy wrote: »

To try and make it look like Dortmund are the ones holding up the deal and to paint Ed in a better light when the deal is done.

And just to clarify, no one is saying this tactic is a good idea. We're simply saying it's a tactic Woodward uses.
  • Sellish
    10161 posts Has That Special Something
    Bob_Dylan wrote: »
    Pughy30 wrote: »
    Don't see anything wrong with the move, I respect a player more for wanting to be getting first team football instead of sitting on Lille's bench or playing for United's B team.

If he had signed the contract United offered him, he would have almost certainly been loaned out in the coming season. We're actively working on loan deals for Garner and Levitt for instance for next season. He left to get first team football, not be loaned out somewhere. It very much looks like he thought he could get first team football somewhere, failed, and ended up at Lille where he got loaned out.

I very much doubt that.

:joy:
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    edited August 5
    On that Angel Gomes situation, zero chance he signed with Lille without knowing he'd be getting loaned out. So there was clearly something else being the bigger issue than just being guaranteed first team football immediately. Just may not have gotten on with OGS.
  • wth22
    11471 posts Has That Special Something
    On that Angel Gomes situation, zero chance he signed with Lille without knowing he'd be getting loaned out. So there was clearly something else being the bigger issue than just being guaranteed first team football immediately. Just may not have gotten on with OGS.

I don't thinn anyone doubts he joined Lille without knowing he'd get loaned out, but more that when he refused our offers he thought he could get first team football, at a club like/better than Lille.
  • Apollo
    20405 posts Club Captain
    edited August 5
    wth22 wrote: »

I don't thinn anyone doubts he joined Lille without knowing he'd get loaned out, but more that when he refused our offers he thought he could get first team football, at a club like/better than Lille.

Exactly. That was my point yesterday. He would have known he was getting loaned out at Lille, I was talking about thinking he could get first team football when he left United, before he ended up joining Lille.
  • UM4R
    4368 posts Moderator
    for me don't see anything wrong with Gomes' choice to join Lille, he will get more game time and Lille have probably discussed a career path that he likes

At United, he hardly got minutes when we had Lingard, Periera and Mata as our CAM options. So with the signing of Fernandes and strong rumours, Ole still wants another attacking mid his chances were only going to decrease.

Hope he ends up having a good career
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    edited August 5

But what I'm saying is, it's likely that there was other reasons that he refused our offers outside "wanting guaranteed first team football." In other words, there was probably more to it as to why he refused our offers. I'm interested to see what his salary is at Lille because I'd be shocked if it was more than the 30k a week we supposedly offered considering Fonte is their highest paid player by a decent margin and he's not even on 60k a week. All evidence, imo, points to there being more to it than guaranteed first team football (considering the guy grew up in the MUFC system to he knows we don't just guarantee like that and he's got to earn it, unless you're Lingard under Jose) and more than just the money. Wouldn't be shocked if he just at the end of the day had an issue with OGS.

Lille is a good choice imo. Should do well in the following season on return from his loan.
  • wth22
    11471 posts Has That Special Something

But what I'm saying is, it's likely that there was other reasons that he refused our offers outside "wanting guaranteed first team football." In other words, there was probably more to it as to why he refused our offers. I'm interested to see what his salary is at Lille because I'd be shocked if it was more than the 30k a week we supposedly offered considering Fonte is their highest paid player by a decent margin and he's not even on 60k a week. All evidence, imo, points to there being more to it than guaranteed first team football (considering the guy grew up in the MUFC system to he knows we don't just guarantee like that and he's got to earn it, unless you're Lingard under Jose) and more than just the money. Wouldn't be shocked if he just at the end of the day had an issue with OGS.

Lille is a good choice imo. Should do well in the following season on return from his loan.

Fair enough, that could be the case, yeah Lille probably aren't paying him as much.

Small point but incredibly harsh to say Lingard did not earn it under Jose. He was nothing like he's become in the post-Ole honeymoon period.
  • Ahmer50x
    24843 posts Club Captain

Don't understand it at all from Ole. He should've played some of the kids at least and also Maguire and Williams are currently in our first 11 to play the next rounds. Why risk them when you're 5-0 up? It's just stupid
  • Pughy30
    27586 posts Player of the Year
    Latest about Sancho, still expect him to join you but I don’t think Dortmund are gonna let themselves be strong armed by United
  • Apollo
    20405 posts Club Captain
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

Don't understand it at all from Ole. He should've played some of the kids at least and also Maguire and Williams are currently in our first 11 to play the next rounds. Why risk them when you're 5-0 up? It's just stupid

Completely agree. Ole's got this team selection wrong.
  • ViVaWhom
    9234 posts League Winner
    i don't agree with playing kids at all tbh...

we need to increase the fitness of our 2nd team, they literally barely played since restart lol
  • Apollo
    20405 posts Club Captain
    ViVaWhom wrote: »

we need to increase the fitness of our 2nd team, they literally barely played since restart lol

Why does Maguire need to play? He's been playing with an injury for a while, Mengi could have started this game to give Maguire a few days extra rest. And while Shaw is injured, Williams is our first choice LB for the rest of the EL, so he shouldn't be playing in a game like this either.
  • Ahmer50x
    24843 posts Club Captain
    ViVaWhom wrote: »

Why does Maguire need to play? He's been playing with an injury for a while, Mengi could have started this game to give Maguire a few days extra rest. And while Shaw is injured, Williams is our first choice LB for the rest of the EL, so he shouldn't be playing in a game like this either.

If Ole didn't want to go with kids, he should've gone with Dalot and Jones (both in the EL squad so I assume are fit). No way Maguire or Williams should be on the pitch
  • Apollo
    20405 posts Club Captain
    edited August 5
    Pughy30 wrote: »
    Latest about Sancho, still expect him to join you but I don’t think Dortmund are gonna let themselves be strong armed by United

Have you forgotten this? What Dortmund say in public is completely different to what's going on behind the scenes.

• XxRichiexRichxX

Fair enough, that could be the case, yeah Lille probably aren't paying him as much.

Small point but incredibly harsh to say Lingard did not earn it under Jose. He was nothing like he's become in the post-Ole honeymoon period.

I'd say he earned his shot in the beginning, sure, but after that purple patch, he fell off hard and both Jose and OGS were guilty of continuously playing him despite falling off and contributing next to nothing. Overall, yeah was a bit harsh was more meant as a joke, but it was directed at the fact that he became undroppable to Jose despite him needing to be dropped.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    BVB's managing director Joachim Watzke has now supposedly come out and said, "So far, there has been no contact between Borussia Dortmund and Manchester United in terms of Sancho, not directly or through alleged intermediaries"
  • Apollo
    20405 posts Club Captain
    BVB's managing director Joachim Watzke has now supposedly come out and said, "So far, there has been no contact between Borussia Dortmund and Manchester United in terms of Sancho, not directly or through alleged intermediaries"

See above, @Pughy30 posted it. United briefed one thing yesterday, he's saying something else that contradicts it today. Its all negotiating tactics.
  • Stlducks
    2930 posts Fans' Favourite

His next comment "I have never heard of a club named Manchester United and I do not know what a Sancho is."
  • Apollo
    20405 posts Club Captain
    Stlducks wrote: »

His next comment "I have never heard of a club named Manchester United and I do not know what a Sancho is."

:D

tenor.gif?itemid=10584134