Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• wth22
    11437 posts Has That Special Something
    Pietu wrote: »
    Apollo wrote: »
    wth22 wrote: »
    Why did Soton have to play like this they have nothing to play for bar Ings' Golden Boot ffs

Disappointing, but level on points with Leicester. They face Sheffield and Spurs. We face Palace and West Ham. Hopefully 4 points ahead by then.

Don't expect Chelsea to get more than 2 points in their last 2 either. 6 points in the last 3 and we're good.

Spot on. Top 4 is still in our hands and Leicester and Chelsea both have harder fixtures too.

Well technically speaking you have an uphill battle (not counting EL) because if Chelsea win all 3, you can’t do nothing about that, you have to hope they slip up. It's going to be an interesting one, the top 4 really is lava.

If we win all 3, we are still 4th, even if Chelsea win all 3.

Don't think Chelsea are ending an almost 60 game unbeaten streak at Anfield a week after getting smacked at Bramall Lane anyway.
  • Kman
    3203 posts National Call-Up
    Why did Soton have to play like this they have nothing to play for bar Ings' Golden Boot ffs

Disappointing, but level on points with Leicester. They face Sheffield and Spurs. We face Palace and West Ham. Hopefully 4 points ahead by then.

Don't expect Chelsea to get more than 2 points in their last 2 either. 6 points in the last 3 and we're good.

Spot on. Top 4 is still in our hands and Leicester and Chelsea both have harder fixtures too.

Well technically speaking you have an uphill battle (not counting EL) because if Chelsea win all 3, you can’t do nothing about that, you have to hope they slip up. It's going to be an interesting one, the top 4 really is lava.

I just don’t see Chelsea winning against Liverpool or even Wolves for that matter..
  • Pietu
    6912 posts Big Money Move

Don't think Chelsea are ending an almost 60 game unbeaten streak at Anfield a week after getting smacked at Bramall Lane anyway.

I had a brain fart, for some reason I remembered that it's you and Chelsea for the 4th place :lol: guess I should go to sleep. Yeah, don't think they are going to win but strainger things have happened.
  • Apollo
    20056 posts Club Captain

I had a brain fart, for some reason I remembered that it's you and Chelsea for the 4th place :lol: guess I should go to sleep. Yeah, don't think they are going to win but strainger things have happened.

Was about to reply but noticed @wth22 got there first. Yeah you miscalculated, top 4 is in our hands still.
  • El_Nino
    5719 posts Big Money Move
    edited July 13
    Massively disappointing result for you tonight without a doubt, but you’d realistically think it shouldn’t matter too much, with Leicester’s run in and how poor they’ve looked, even if you do waver you should surely get top 4.

It will be interesting to see what you do against Palace though, from what I hear fitness was an issue today for Bruno amongst others; think you’ll see a lot of changes against Palace given the 3 day turn around?
  • Pietu
    edited July 13

Was about to reply but noticed @wth22 got there first. Yeah you miscalculated, top 4 is in our hands still.

Not even miscalculated, just completely forgot about the fact that it's in your hands. For some reason, I remembered that some other team was third and 4th was between you and Chelsea, I don’t even know how :lol:
  • Apollo
    20056 posts Club Captain
    edited July 13
    El_Nino wrote: »
    Massively disappointing result for you tonight without a doubt, but you’d realistically think it shouldn’t matter too much, with Leicester’s run in and how poor they’ve looked, even if you do waver you should surely get top 4.

It will be interesting to see what you do against Palace though, from what I hear fitness was an issue today for Bruno amongst others; think you’ll see a lot of changes against Palace given the 3 day turn around?

I don't think it was fitness related for Bruno, I think he just had a poor game. He's been outstanding since he joined, he was bound to have a bad game eventually.

But like you say, it doesn't really change much. It's still in our hands.
  • Apollo
    20056 posts Club Captain
    ViVaWhom wrote: »

problem for us is how our fixtures have been scheduled. not much room for rest

chelsea will have 5 day rest before our cup game! after playing at home too

Not much we can do about that. Just try and get the game won against Palace asap and bring players off to save legs as much as possible for the Chelsea game.
  • Teh Zombz
    4404 posts National Call-Up
    the problem was bruno AND pogba had a poor game. its ok if one has an off day but both of them playing poor just made us look terrible in possession

thought we defended well tbh just 2 silly mistakes cost us both goals (again)
  • El_Nino

I don't think it was fitness related for Bruno, I think he just had a poor game. He's been outstanding since he joined, he was bound to have a bad game eventually.

You expecting much rotation for Palace?
  • Ahmer50x
    23689 posts Club Captain

McTominay in for Matic (doubt Ole plays him every game between now and the end given his age)

LB will depend on fitness given both Shaw and Williams had to be subbed.

Maybe Greenwood gets rotated too given his age. Ole may want to rest him for Chelsea (personally I'd play him vs Palace and play James vs you lot for the counter threat)

Other than that, I expect the first 11
  • Apollo
    20056 posts Club Captain
    edited July 13

A few changes probably, nothing extreme. LB, maybe CB, DM and possibly one of the wingers at the most I'd say.
  • wth22
    Young with another goal and Alexis followed that up with 2 assists as Inter came from behind to win 3-1. Happy to see them do well.
  • El_Nino
    Interesting, perhaps the comment is heard about you looked tired were exaggerated then?

Greenwood/Matic seem like obvious rotations given there age tbf
  • Apollo
    20056 posts Club Captain
    Interesting, perhaps the comment is heard about you looked tired were exaggerated then?

Greenwood/Matic seem like obvious rotations given there age tbf

Yes, Bruno simply had a bad game, don't think it was fatigue related whatsoever. It happens.
  • Andy99TradeZ
    16644 posts World Class
    Credit to southampton, pressed well all night and deserved a draw, yes romeu could have been sent off but that's irrelevant on the final result.

Bruno, pogba and greenwood all quietest performances in a while didn't help things
  • Ahmer50x
    23689 posts Club Captain

On a list with some absolute club legends now
  • TakeItSlow
    9360 posts League Winner
    Thank you @El_Nino <3
  • El_Nino
    edited July 13
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

On a list with some absolute club legends now

Recon he’ll make it to 100? I’d say looking unlikely with Greenwood’s progression and Sancho/a new signing for the right.

Seems a shame that he might not have a starting spot, I guess a good problem to have, although you’d expect he’d want to leave if he does lose his position to Greenwood.

Regardless that’s some nice company he’s got.

Np @TakeItSlow ,only saying what was fair brother ❤️
  • forearms
    5141 posts Big Money Move
    Had multiple chances to put the game away but failed to capitalize. Martial one on one, Rashford after the terrific Martial pass, Rashford offside run, and others.

Bad games by Bruno and Pogba certainly didnt help, but if we just convert any of those chances, or Lindelof marks his man, we still win this match. Disappointing.
  • We played badly, but also Southampton played really well.

Players are not robots and can have a bad game and also can get tired.

Unfortuntely our bench are not the quality required to be able to rotate.

Redcafe going mad and saying sack Ole and the coaches...one game not won.

We are moving forward with Ole and his coaches and I'm fully behind him.

• wth22
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Now that I'm back, I wanna give my two cents on the discussion about summer signings that was taking place on the old forums. Thinking realistically, I'd like us to sign the following players: Clyne, Laporte, Iturraspe, Depay, and Danny Ings.

I'm envisioning a 4-3-3 formation as follows:
    De Gea
    Clyne---Smalling---Laporte---Shaw
    Iturraspe---Herrera
    Mata
    Di Maria---Rooney---Depay

I would also offload: Evans, Falcao, Lindegaard, Hernandez, van Persie, Powell, Cleverley, Thorpe, Amos, Keane, Nani, Henriquez, and one of Rafael/Valencia (probably the latter for me, but LvG will get rid of the former).

I was accidentally on the first page of the thread. Wow. Things change so much in 5 years :lol:

City and Liverpool ended up shopping from that wishlist instead.
  • TakeItSlow
    9360 posts League Winner
    Dings what a shout from Ahmer, knew he would explode @Ahmer50x ;)
  • Pietu
    TakeItSlow wrote: »

Also Laporte and Clyne wasn't bad either
  • Apollo
    20056 posts Club Captain
    TakeItSlow wrote: »

Also Laporte and Clyne wasn't bad either

Laporte is the best shout there, he's the second best CB in the PL now :wink:
  • Apollo
    20056 posts Club Captain
    Its possible that Laird might make the squad against Palace depending on how bad the injuries are to Shaw and Williams. Could be Dalot at LB and Laird on the bench if they're both out. Have to hope that one of them is fit for the game though.
  • Pxul_
    9424 posts League Winner
    Not sure if this has been mentioned or not probs has, but how shocking is DDG now? Surely he’s not gonna be your number 1 next year, absolutely terrible.
  • Apollo
    20056 posts Club Captain
    edited July 14
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    Not sure if this has been mentioned or not probs has, but how shocking is DDG now? Surely he’s not gonna be your number 1 next year, absolutely terrible.

We debate the pros and cons of Henderson taking over next season or not most weeks, it very much divides the fanbase. But DDG is nowhere near his best and hasn't been for a long time, everyone knows that.
  • Pxul_
    9424 posts League Winner
    Would’ve thought, it’d be deans year to take that number 1 from DDG. He seems far too comfortable and his performances of late in particular haven’t been impressive.
  • Apollo
    20056 posts Club Captain
    edited July 14
    Its possible that Laird might make the squad against Palace depending on how bad the injuries are to Shaw and Williams. Could be Dalot at LB and Laird on the bench if they're both out. Have to hope that one of them is fit for the game though.

A good sign thankfully, especially Williams being well enough to drive himself to the training ground after a head injury, could easily have been concussed: