Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• TakeItSlow
    9059 posts League Winner
    you're looking good now i'll give you that. If you sign Sancho then I think you would be close to pushing Liverpool etc. Would just need a proper DM and of course to keep Pogba happy.

Its worrying as an Arsenal fan. The lockdown has actually done United the world of good, before lockdown you would've said Pogba is absolutely gone. But now he will probs stay.

Seeing Chelsea sign players to challenge and also United starting to get their act together means Arsenal and Spurs need to spend a good 100m+ to even stand a chance after this summer.
  • G000ner
    4787 posts National Call-Up
    I don't think your squad is the main problem, it's fairly good already. Especially if you keep Pogba and sign a few players. Your issue will definitely be consistency, as it has been this whole season. You're playing well, but you need to keep it up for a whole season to compete with Liverpool and City. I don't see such a rigid style of play with United like I do City or Liverpool, so reaching their levels of consistency would be tough. If you do get 80~ points next season you could challenge for the title the following season.

For now you are in a similar position to Chelsea, probably 3rd/4th next season unless one of Wolves, Arsenal, Spurs or Everton really pick it up.
  • Shshj
    4766 posts National Call-Up
    edited July 1
    Have to agree with the above in terms of consistency. There's no doubting the likes of Martial, Rashford and Pogba are great players, but can they maintain that quality over the course of the season? You've addressed key issues in the squad and Ole's had this squad for a while now, next year there'll be no excuses for players not performing.

On the whole I think you're in a very similar position to us. We're a level above Spurs & Arsenal, but still a level below City & Liverpool. That gap has shrunk significantly though and with another 2/3 signings in the right areas, we both have squads which could compete amongst the elite for years to come.
  • Kman
    3187 posts National Call-Up
    I think it’s a bit early to call BUT, the acquisition of Bruno and a fit Pogba means games like Brighton are basically a training exercise at a certain point. Bruno has been the missing piece for our first 11 in what he brings to the side and makes everyone click, our biggest issue which has been for some time is depth. Currently we have no one who can come on and do even half the job Bruno does and that’s holding us back from being a consistent top 4 side.
  • Rand0m Hero
    926 posts Semi-Pro
    Good showing from the first team. If Brighton were a bit sharper in the final third this game could have been a bit different. Bruno is a captain without the armband. Can’t quite recall a mid season transfer lifting a team the way he has. It’s really fun to watch right now. Nice to see big Dave make a couple good saves today too.
  • Ahmer50x
    22910 posts Club Captain
    edited July 1
    G000ner wrote: »
    I don't think your squad is the main problem, it's fairly good already. Especially if you keep Pogba and sign a few players. Your issue will definitely be consistency, as it has been this whole season. You're playing well, but you need to keep it up for a whole season to compete with Liverpool and City. I don't see such a rigid style of play with United like I do City or Liverpool, so reaching their levels of consistency would be tough. If you do get 80~ points next season you could challenge for the title the following season.

For now you are in a similar position to Chelsea, probably 3rd/4th next season unless one of Wolves, Arsenal, Spurs or Everton really pick it up.

I think individual consistency is obviously a question but in terms of the team's consistency, it helps if you can pull off Sterling who is having a bad game because you have Mahrez on the bench.

You can't challenge for a title if you're one injury away from having garbage on the pitch. The best teams need to be able to have 2 great options in nearly every position. The likes of Dalot, Jones, Andreas, and Lingard simply won't cut it.

For me, a great summer would be adding Sancho into the starting 11 and replacing Andreas and Lingard with Grealish and Cantwell for example. Andreas belongs at a club like Brighton while Lingard is honestly a Championship player at this point.

Next summer (2021) we could focus on similar reinforcements for depth at the back and maybe a starter too if Axel can't stay fit. Then we might be able to challenge.
  • ComptonLAX94
    2396 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited July 1
    L
  • Tornado31619
    21119 posts Club Captain

Around 80 points isn't enough anymore. 92+ imo.

He was on about next season. Of course we won’t be challenging until afterwards.
  • Apollo
    19444 posts World Class
    edited July 1

Around 80 points isn't enough anymore. 92+ imo.

He was on about next season. Of course we won’t be challenging until afterwards.

This. ~80 next year then kick on the year after for a title challenge was his point.
    Post edited by Apollo on
  • ComptonLAX94
    2396 posts Fans' Favourite
    Sorry lads, had a mare.
  • Tornado31619
    21119 posts Club Captain
    All good. :)
  • Jboom98
    415 posts Sunday League Hero
    What do you think about this ?
    EWS6PqOUcAcanp_.jpg
    Rumoured 2020/21 kit
  • Keano
    16410 posts World Class
    Jboom98 wrote: »
    EWS6PqOUcAcanp_.jpg
    Rumoured 2020/21 kit

for the most part i'm not overly keen on it, but it does stop the whole

"the shirts nice but the chevrolet logo ruins it" as the yellow design all over the shirt kind of blends the chevvy logo in with it.
  • Ahmer50x
    22910 posts Club Captain

Rooney scored his 9 goals in 2442 minutes. Mason's got 6 in only 846 already. :sunglasses:
  • G000ner
    4787 posts National Call-Up
    no one notices the Chevrolet logo because the pattern is so atrocious
  • Keano
    16410 posts World Class
    no one notices the Chevrolet logo because the pattern is so atrocious

oh it is, but having the pattern makes the chevrolet logo fit in more with the colour scheme, so it seems more fitting, even though it's not a shirt i like the look of, just means i cant moan as much about the chevrolet logo with the big silver outline not fitting the shirt.
  • Jboom98
    415 posts Sunday League Hero
    Keano wrote: »
    Jboom98 wrote: »
    EWS6PqOUcAcanp_.jpg
    Rumoured 2020/21 kit

for the most part i'm not overly keen on it, but it does stop the whole

"the shirts nice but the chevrolet logo ruins it" as the yellow design all over the shirt kind of blends the chevvy logo in with it.

Agree they may as well have the Golden Arches of McDonald's sponsoring Manchester United.
  • Apollo
    19444 posts World Class
    Wasn't it established that they abandoned the bus seat design/the leaks were false and its actually different?
  • Kellnerr
    3548 posts National Call-Up
    I really like the black collar and black Adidas stripes, looks so much better than if it was white imo. Would look even better with black shorts. The logo still ruins it though, would be great if it was just 'Chevrolet', or in Chelsea's case 'Three.' without the logo.
  • Alemas_2012
    17481 posts World Class
    edited July 1
    That's based on an older leak that was itself probably based on an early prototype, this has been spotted in a store.
    man-utd-20-21-home-kit%2B%25282%2529.jpg
    manchester-united-20-21-awwy-kit%2B%25283%2529.jpg
    The black kit's the away one, BTW.
  • Apollo
    19444 posts World Class
    edited July 1

Cheers. Didn't have the pictures to hand to post the correct ones
  • Ahmer50x
    22910 posts Club Captain
    The ones Alemas posted are 100X better
  • Apollo
    19444 posts World Class
    edited July 1

Should come as no surprise to absolutely everyone.
  • Ahmer50x
    22910 posts Club Captain

Relegate West Ham and Villa please.
  • Apollo
    19444 posts World Class
    Long way to go yet, nobody say anything :joy: