Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• HysxteriA
    4018 posts National Call-Up
    Bruno is not sloppy, he is adventurous and looks for passes that are near enough always positive. He's been nothing short fantastic so far for us. Some of these comments about him are laughable. Brilliant ball from Matic that, that was quality.
  • HysxteriA
    Aha anyone just notice AWB's skill just then lmao. Always makes me laugh 😂
  • arsenalap
    8077 posts League Winner
    HysxteriA wrote: »
    Bruno is not sloppy, he is adventurous and looks for passes that are near enough always positive. He's been nothing short fantastic so far for us. Some of these comments about him are laughable. Brilliant ball from Matic that, that was quality.

Looking for forward passes and making half of them is sloppy, especially for a top level player.

He does some great stuff and you can tell he is a good player no doubt but I'm not a massive fan of his passing. I'll give it a while though as he is in a new team but just something I've noticed personally.
  • ConGard
    570 posts An Exciting Prospect
    What a goal that was, every part of it was fantastic. Good header from maguire, fantastic pass from matic. Great finish from Bruno aswell
  • Apollo
    19449 posts World Class
    Apollo wrote: »

I think that Pogba is highly likely to stay this summer due to the pandemic whether wanted to leave or not, as his two potential destinations can't afford him. However, longer term, he looks happier than I've ever seen him at United now so I wouldn't be surprised if he decides eventually if he wants to stay, but I'm far from taking that as a certainty, its just an observation that he looks much happier now. I equally wouldn't be surprised if he goes next summer. We'll have to see what happens I guess.

Quoting this because it's worth bringing up again. He looks the happiest I've ever seen him at United in recent times, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he's changed his mind and decided he wants to stay. Maybe he's bought into Ole's project and decided he wants in?
  • HysxteriA
    edited June 30

I think that Pogba is highly likely to stay this summer due to the pandemic whether wanted to leave or not, as his two potential destinations can't afford him. However, longer term, he looks happier than I've ever seen him at United now so I wouldn't be surprised if he decides eventually if he wants to stay, but I'm far from taking that as a certainty, its just an observation that he looks much happier now. I equally wouldn't be surprised if he goes next summer. We'll have to see what happens I guess.

Quoting this because it's worth bringing up again. He looks the happiest I've ever seen him at United in recent times, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he's changed his mind and decided he wants to stay. Maybe he's bought into Ole's project and decided he wants in?

I think Fernandez has been a huge encouragement. I think he's wanted players around him on a similar wavelength for a while now. That in combination with the virus most likely not allowing anyone to sign him I think he's just getting his head down now. Agree he looks really happy. A good season with hopefully Sancho involved will only convince him further. I'd be happy to keep him whilst he's playing happy and has a positive attitude / effect on the team which right now he is doing.
  • ViVaWhom
    8736 posts League Winner
    i think the only disappointment since the restart has been rashfords form
  • Apollo
    19449 posts World Class
    Absolutely the right decision to sub Bruno off, despite how good it'd have been to see him get a hattrick. He needs to be given a rest.
  • ViVaWhom
    8736 posts League Winner
    there is a clear decline when you take pogba and bruno off, as expected

• Ahmer50x
    22916 posts Club Captain
    ViVaWhom wrote: »

It's why we desperately need to sign one of Grealish or VDB.
  • wth22
    11229 posts Has That Special Something
    Pogba seemed plenty happy when Ole came in for about 2 months before going back to his "sulk". I'd give it a few months before trusting him again.
  • Apollo
    19449 posts World Class
    ViVaWhom wrote: »

Hence why we're after one of Grealish/VdB :wink: Need some midfield depth
  • Apollo
    19449 posts World Class
    wth22 wrote: »
    Pogba seemed plenty happy when Ole came in for about 2 months before going back to his "sulk". I'd give it a few months before trusting him again.

Yeah I was speculating, not taking it as an absolute given. But hopefully it lasts.
  • El_Nino
    5346 posts Big Money Move
    I agree with @arsenalap about Bruno’s passing. It’s high risk high reward, and is worth it against lesser opposition, but he’ll need to know to reign it in, at certain times/games, it’s to be seen if he does that or not.

No doubt he’s a good player, but it is a possible flaw with him at times.
  • Ahmer50x
    22916 posts Club Captain
    El_Nino wrote: »
    I agree with @arsenalap about Bruno’s passing. It’s high risk high reward, and is worth it against lesser opposition, but he’ll need to know to reign it in, at certain times/games, it’s to be seen if he does that or not.

United's problem was midfielders always playing it safe.

Having a guy who is always looking to hit the lottery and gets goals+assists by spamming passes+shots is exactly what was needed.
  • wth22
    El_Nino wrote: »

Regardless, someone with those skills against lesser opposition is exactly what we lacked in the first half if the season.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    32990 posts National Team Captain
    edited June 30

The difference is now we have a player that can/will push him. And it helps that he and Bruno have seemingly become close with off they pitch if reports are to be believed. Bruno’s mentality and energy on the pitch is exactly what Pogba needs.
  • wth22

The difference is now we have a player that can/will push him. And it helps that he and Bruno have seemingly become close with off they pitch if reports are to be believed

He had a few players close off the pitch before too. Let's see if he's as happy when we inevitably hit a bad patch of form again.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    32990 posts National Team Captain

The difference is now we have a player that can/will push him. And it helps that he and Bruno have seemingly become close with off they pitch if reports are to be believed

He had a few players close off the pitch before too. Let's see if he's as happy when we inevitably hit a bad patch of form again.

Sure but none with the energy and attitude of Bruno on and off the pitch
  • Apollo
    19449 posts World Class
    A superb performance today, vital 3 points and we put the pressure on Leicester and Chelsea ahead of their games. Brilliant day's work.
  • Ahmer50x
    22916 posts Club Captain
    Excellent performance before the subs. The depth is flawed but this starting 11 is going places.

Hopefully we get some good results from other sides before the same team does the same thing to Bournemouth at the weekend.
  • Ahmer50x
    22916 posts Club Captain

Media starting to get ahead of itself. Seen others also say United can be in the title race next season.

We're not there squad wise. Will take another 5-6 signings across two summers before we can dream that big.
  • ViVaWhom
    8736 posts League Winner
    i think we could compete with couple of excellent signing... if the bar was 82-89 points and not 100 lol if liverpool and city get to those heights again we have no chance
  • Keano
    16410 posts World Class
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

Media starting to get ahead of itself. Seen others also say United can be in the title race next season.

We're not there squad wise. Will take another 5-6 signings across two summers before we can dream that big.

I'd say with the right 3 signings this season (so sancho, greslish & an 8), we could be between Leicester/City in termsof position... as in not in above the top 4 race, but dropped off from the title race, sort of no mans land of being 3rd a strong third.
  • Ahmer50x
    22916 posts Club Captain
    Keano wrote: »

I'd say with the right 3 signings this season (so sancho, greslish & an 8), we could be between Leicester/City in termsof position... as in not in above the top 4 race, but dropped off from the title race, sort of no mans land of being 3rd a strong third.

Agreed. I see us and Chelsea in that bracket next season personally. Two sides putting up about 80 pts. Not quite good enough to challenge for the league but comfortably top 4.
  • Keano
    16410 posts World Class
    Keano wrote: »

Agreed. I see us and Chelsea in that bracket next season personally. Two sides putting up about 80 pts. Not quite good enough to challenge for the league but comfortably top 4.

Yeah without Wolves/Arsenal/Spurs hugely investing I can't see them keeping up next season though they all have good squads or certain areas, chelsea wth their new signings & us with ours (and ones both clubs are looking likely to get) it is looking like top 4 could be a lot more obvious, though thats all on paper/before a balls kicked.