Manchester United Football Club

Comments

  • finsfan85
    13397 posts Has That Special Something
    This can’t be true. Definitely not getting Sancho that way.

  • Apollo
    19449 posts World Class
    finsfan85 wrote: »
    This can’t be true. Definitely not getting Sancho that way.


    Saw that earlier, made me laugh when I read it :D If it's true, the chances of them being interested in Sanchez are virtually zero, but we're seemingly trying every possible avenue to move him on, that's all this is I think. The club are rightly desperate to get him off their books. Will quickly move past it in negotiations when they say no as expected.
  • Pietu
    6575 posts Big Money Move
    Apollo wrote: »
    finsfan85 wrote: »
    This can’t be true. Definitely not getting Sancho that way.


    Saw that earlier, made me laugh when I read it :D If it's true, the chances of them being interested in Sanchez are virtually zero, but we're seemingly trying every possible avenue to move him on, that's all this is I think. The club are rightly desperate to get him off their books. Will quickly move past it in negotiations when they say no as expected.

    I reckon Alexis +200M would do!
  • wth22
    11229 posts Has That Special Something
    If we can't get Sancho this season just buy Fraser or someone as a stop gap/future backup and go in for him again next season
  • Apollo
    19449 posts World Class
    wth22 wrote: »
    If we can't get Sancho this season just buy Fraser or someone as a stop gap/future backup and go in for him again next season

    Away from the hypothetical alternatives discussion for a minute, I still think we're going to get him, it's been made abundantly clear he's the club's top priority and if the season continues as looks likely I think we'll get top 4/CL which will help the situation. We're one of possibly only two clubs that could afford him in the corona affected market, and the other (Chelsea) are looking less and less likely given Ornstein said they haven't been in discussion since January and Ziyech is reportedly their RW signing.
  • Tornado31619
    21124 posts Club Captain
    Pietu wrote: »
    Pietu wrote: »
    Am I the only one who doesn't rate Adama that high? Atleast not for a club aiming Top 4

    Which is exactly what Wolves are doing.

    But they aren't going to make it, I feel like Adama would be a singing for a club who wants to get Europa League football, not for a club who wants to be in a title shout in the next 3 years.

    Wolves have a solid chance. I’d say that 4th is between us, Chelsea, Wolves and Sheff Utd. Although 5th would obviously get CL football as well.
  • Tornado31619
    21124 posts Club Captain
    finsfan85 wrote: »
    This can’t be true. Definitely not getting Sancho that way.


    Didn’t know we were trying to increase the price.
  • finsfan85
    13397 posts Has That Special Something
    Pietu wrote: »
    Pietu wrote: »
    Am I the only one who doesn't rate Adama that high? Atleast not for a club aiming Top 4

    Which is exactly what Wolves are doing.

    But they aren't going to make it, I feel like Adama would be a singing for a club who wants to get Europa League football, not for a club who wants to be in a title shout in the next 3 years.

    Wolves have a solid chance. I’d say that 4th is between us, Chelsea, Wolves and Sheff Utd. Although 5th would obviously get CL football as well.

    Is it obvious? Isn’t City’s appeal being heard in the next couple weeks?
  • Tornado31619
    21124 posts Club Captain
    I thought that it was being put on hold. But worst case scenario, the ban will probably be reduced to a year, anyway. It’s been a long time coming, and hopefully Paris are next.
  • Ahmer50x
    22916 posts Club Captain
    Apollo wrote: »
    wth22 wrote: »
    If we can't get Sancho this season just buy Fraser or someone as a stop gap/future backup and go in for him again next season

    Away from the hypothetical alternatives discussion for a minute, I still think we're going to get him, it's been made abundantly clear he's the club's top priority and if the season continues as looks likely I think we'll get top 4/CL which will help the situation. We're one of possibly only two clubs that could afford him in the corona affected market, and the other (Chelsea) are looking less and less likely given Ornstein said they haven't been in discussion since January and Ziyech is reportedly their RW signing.

    I'm mostly convinced Chelsea won't pay up for him at this point. I'd say 60% chance we sign him, 25% he stays at Dortmund as nobody meets the asking price, and 15% Chelsea decide to open their pursestrings.
  • Apollo
    19449 posts World Class
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Apollo wrote: »
    wth22 wrote: »
    If we can't get Sancho this season just buy Fraser or someone as a stop gap/future backup and go in for him again next season

    Away from the hypothetical alternatives discussion for a minute, I still think we're going to get him, it's been made abundantly clear he's the club's top priority and if the season continues as looks likely I think we'll get top 4/CL which will help the situation. We're one of possibly only two clubs that could afford him in the corona affected market, and the other (Chelsea) are looking less and less likely given Ornstein said they haven't been in discussion since January and Ziyech is reportedly their RW signing.

    I'm mostly convinced Chelsea won't pay up for him at this point. I'd say 60% chance we sign him, 25% he stays at Dortmund as nobody meets the asking price, and 15% Chelsea decide to open their pursestrings.

    Agreed on all counts. They're the only scenarios I think are plausible for him this summer in this market, with the former two being the more likely options.
  • Low Ki
    12277 posts Has That Special Something
    Sancho would also want guarantees of a starting spot at this stage of his career. He'd walk into our starting 11 like Bruno did. Most other top clubs have that position locked down for the long-term.
  • El_Nino
    5346 posts Big Money Move
    Don’t see us going near Sancho at this stage, we fancy Ziyech on the right, and the massive price for Sancho just seems a waste for us, money can be far better spent.
  • Ahmer50x
    22916 posts Club Captain
    El_Nino wrote: »
    Don’t see us going near Sancho at this stage, we fancy Ziyech on the right, and the massive price for Sancho just seems a waste for us, money can be far better spent.

    It’s kind of funny to see how Ole is following in Sir Alex’s footsteps by snapping up top British talents and standouts in the domestic league while Lampard is following the Mourinho model of signing standouts from the continent (seemingly, based on Ziyech and rumors)
  • Kellnerr
    3548 posts National Call-Up
    El_Nino wrote: »
    Don’t see us going near Sancho at this stage, we fancy Ziyech on the right, and the massive price for Sancho just seems a waste for us, money can be far better spent.

    He can play on the left too though. Has played there numerous times for Dortmund.
  • Keano
    16410 posts World Class
    Kellnerr wrote: »
    El_Nino wrote: »
    Don’t see us going near Sancho at this stage, we fancy Ziyech on the right, and the massive price for Sancho just seems a waste for us, money can be far better spent.

    He can play on the left too though. Has played there numerous times for Dortmund.

    but then they've bought Pulisic for the left as their up coming star from Dortmund.

    Then they've got CHO which does leave room for another winger but I can't see them killing off CHO & Pulisic's progress for it.
  • Kellnerr
    3548 posts National Call-Up
    Keano wrote: »
    Kellnerr wrote: »
    El_Nino wrote: »
    Don’t see us going near Sancho at this stage, we fancy Ziyech on the right, and the massive price for Sancho just seems a waste for us, money can be far better spent.

    He can play on the left too though. Has played there numerous times for Dortmund.

    but then they've bought Pulisic for the left as their up coming star from Dortmund.

    Then they've got CHO which does leave room for another winger but I can't see them killing off CHO & Pulisic's progress for it.

    I mean Pulisic has played mainly on the right for Dortmund aswell and CHO hasn't really impressed so far (was injured too tbf). Sancho (CHO) and Ziyech (Pulisic) would be great in both quality and depth.
    And we are still talking about Chelsea, Abramovich couldn't care less about a talent like CHO or Pulisic if he can get a better player in.
  • Apollo
    19449 posts World Class
    Kellnerr wrote: »
    Keano wrote: »
    Kellnerr wrote: »
    El_Nino wrote: »
    Don’t see us going near Sancho at this stage, we fancy Ziyech on the right, and the massive price for Sancho just seems a waste for us, money can be far better spent.

    He can play on the left too though. Has played there numerous times for Dortmund.

    but then they've bought Pulisic for the left as their up coming star from Dortmund.

    Then they've got CHO which does leave room for another winger but I can't see them killing off CHO & Pulisic's progress for it.

    I mean Pulisic has played mainly on the right for Dortmund aswell and CHO hasn't really impressed so far (was injured too tbf). Sancho (CHO) and Ziyech (Pulisic) would be great in both quality and depth.
    And we are still talking about Chelsea, Abramovich couldn't care less about a talent like CHO or Pulisic if he can get a better player in.

    Like @El_Nino says though, while they're one of the only other clubs that could afford him this summer, they still don't have an unlimited budget and they want to strengthen several other positions, and the fact that their links to Sancho have gone quiet for a while now backs that up. They're prioritising, as all clubs have to do whatever their budget this summer.
  • El_Nino
    5346 posts Big Money Move
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    El_Nino wrote: »
    Don’t see us going near Sancho at this stage, we fancy Ziyech on the right, and the massive price for Sancho just seems a waste for us, money can be far better spent.

    It’s kind of funny to see how Ole is following in Sir Alex’s footsteps by snapping up top British talents and standouts in the domestic league while Lampard is following the Mourinho model of signing standouts from the continent (seemingly, based on Ziyech and rumors)

    I guess that’s natural to follow in the footsteps of influential managers from there playing career.

    I won’t lie, while Ole’s philosophy may benefit the england national team more, I think it’s a tad outdated now, I don’t see it working over a period of time, could be proved wrong though.
  • Pxul_
    9366 posts League Winner
    United fans are getting very defensive about Sancho already and he hasn’t even signed yet😂
  • Keano
    16410 posts World Class
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    United fans are getting very defensive about Sancho already and he hasn’t even signed yet😂

    Settle down Paul, that bait was poor. Need something a bit bigger my friend ;)
  • Apollo
    19449 posts World Class
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    United fans are getting very defensive about Sancho already and he hasn’t even signed yet😂

    @Pxul_ poor bait, the one Chelsea fan who's posted on the subject agrees with us :D
  • Sellish
    10048 posts Has That Special Something
    finsfan85 wrote: »
    This can’t be true. Definitely not getting Sancho that way.


    Might aswell throw Lingard in while we're at it.
  • Apollo
    19449 posts World Class


    We all knew what Raiola was like anyway, but if the club are right that Pogba himself no longer wants a move, they really need to persuade him to get a new agent and be rid of Raiola once and for all.
  • Low Ki
    12277 posts Has That Special Something
    BuT hE iS a ViRuS!!!!
  • Apollo
    19449 posts World Class
    Low Ki wrote: »
    BuT hE iS a ViRuS!!!!

    Expected you to turn up. He's publicly said he wanted to leave in the past, but he's well within his rights to change his mind. If he's decided he wants to stay as that report suggests, then hopefully he signs a contract and commits to the club.
  • Low Ki
    12277 posts Has That Special Something
    Apollo wrote: »
    Low Ki wrote: »
    BuT hE iS a ViRuS!!!!

    Expected you to turn up. He's publicly said he wanted to leave in the past, but he's well within his rights to change his mind. If he's decided he wants to stay as that report suggests, then hopefully he signs a contract and commits to the club.

    He never committed to that. He said he was thinking and maybe looking at a new challenge elsewhere. During Jose's stint.
  • Snugglebites
    1626 posts Play-Off Hero
    Low Ki wrote: »
    Apollo wrote: »
    Low Ki wrote: »
    BuT hE iS a ViRuS!!!!

    Expected you to turn up. He's publicly said he wanted to leave in the past, but he's well within his rights to change his mind. If he's decided he wants to stay as that report suggests, then hopefully he signs a contract and commits to the club.

    He never committed to that. He said he was thinking and maybe looking at a new challenge elsewhere. During Jose's stint.

    He gave that interview under a year ago?
  • Low Ki
    12277 posts Has That Special Something
    Low Ki wrote: »
    Apollo wrote: »
    Low Ki wrote: »
    BuT hE iS a ViRuS!!!!

    Expected you to turn up. He's publicly said he wanted to leave in the past, but he's well within his rights to change his mind. If he's decided he wants to stay as that report suggests, then hopefully he signs a contract and commits to the club.

    He never committed to that. He said he was thinking and maybe looking at a new challenge elsewhere. During Jose's stint.

    He gave that interview under a year ago?

    Mid last season IIRC.
  • Ahmer50x
    22916 posts Club Captain
    Low Ki wrote: »
    Low Ki wrote: »
    Apollo wrote: »
    Low Ki wrote: »
    BuT hE iS a ViRuS!!!!

    Expected you to turn up. He's publicly said he wanted to leave in the past, but he's well within his rights to change his mind. If he's decided he wants to stay as that report suggests, then hopefully he signs a contract and commits to the club.

    He never committed to that. He said he was thinking and maybe looking at a new challenge elsewhere. During Jose's stint.

    He gave that interview under a year ago?

    Mid last season IIRC.



    You are just flat out wrong. It was last summer.
Sign In or Register to comment.