Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• Pietu
    6537 posts Big Money Move
    Guys, don't mention the name Manchester United anymore or you are going to get sued!!
  • Apollo
    19416 posts World Class
    Pietu wrote: »
    Guys, don't mention the name Manchester United anymore or you are going to get sued!!

Based on that post I suspect you don't understand how trademarks work and why United are suing them.
  • Ahmer50x
    22883 posts Club Captain
    edited May 22

"Even Borussia Dortmund – who had initially been bullish – now accept their £100m-plus valuation of the England international will not be met."
  • Keano
    16407 posts World Class

giphy.gif
  • Pietu
    Apollo wrote: »

Based on that post I suspect you don't understand how trademarks work and why United are suing them.

What harm is there for United? The game itself doesn't use the badge or the official name.
  • Apollo
    19416 posts World Class
    edited May 22

What harm is there for United? The game itself doesn't use the badge or the official name.

United have the trademark. The game apparently doesn't have the rights to use the name in any form. They need the rights, and if they don't have them of course they're going to get sued. That's simply how it works.
  • Pietu

United have the trademark. The game apparently doesn't have the rights to use the name in any form. They need the rights, and if they don't have them of course they're going to get sued. That's simply how it works.

But the game doesn't use your name or logo though.
  • UM4R
    4347 posts Moderator
    So stupid of the club to be suing football manager, the name has been in the game for decades and now all of a sudden trying to sue :/

• Bob_Dylan
    20677 posts Club Captain

But the game doesn't use your name or logo though.

They don't have to for it to be an infringement. As long as the use of the trademark results in a risk of misleading the average customer you have an argument for infringement.
  • WryLucky
    2452 posts Fans' Favourite
    They're only do it because they made a loss.
  • Ahmer50x
    22883 posts Club Captain
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Sancho Watch GW26:

Played 11 mins vs Schalke at LW at the end of a 4-0 win. Coming back from a calf injury, looked off the pace. Did nothing of note.

Sancho Watch GW27:

Player 25 mins vs Wolfsburg at RW after coming on at 1-0 up and assisted the second goal in a 2-0 win. Continuing his comeback from a calf injury, he looked off the pace again for 5-10 mins before coming into the game as Dortmund’s best player. Had an opportunity to lay off to Guerriero but chose to go himself and wasted that. Second major opportunity, he dribbles past his man nearer the halfway line and runs towards the opposition box. He looks to go inside for the run of Haland which puts off the CB and then he moves outside and lays it off for Hakimi to score. Subsequently fell off again but that can be said for most of the players because the game was over, especially as Wolfsburg were soon down to 10 men.
  • Tornado31619
    21095 posts Club Captain

Love how they cut out José :joy:
  • Cyodine
    2345 posts Fans' Favourite

Love how they cut out José :joy:

Almost half that photo is no longer at United!
  • Apollo
    19416 posts World Class

Sky are a shadow of their former selves so I'm not taking this as a given in the slightest, but it's definitely plausible. If the fee demanded for Ighalo is too high then King would be a good alternative for the cover striker signing, wouldn't cost a lot either with one year left on his contract. We were in for him in January too so have had recent interest in him.
  • Ahmer50x
    22883 posts Club Captain
    I’d be all for Ole bringing him home
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    14337 posts World Class
    I reckon it'll be king that comes then, no way we're paying what was asked for ighalo
  • Bob_Dylan
    20677 posts Club Captain
    For the right fee that's a no-brainer.
  • Ahmer50x
    22883 posts Club Captain
    Thoughts on Ryan Fraser? I'd love us to sign him on a free personally as a squad player.

We've got 2 natural wingers atm in James and Rashford and adding a third hopefully in the summer in Sancho. I'd like us to complete the position group with Fraser so we don't have to play people out of position there as cover anymore (Lingard, Andreas, Mata, Gomes, Greenwood, etc). To the best of my knowledge, other than Chong, there aren't any wingers in the academy anywhere near ready for the first team anytime soon and even he looks like he needs a loan desperately IMO

Sancho/James
    Rashford/Fraser

That'd be a very serviceable set of wingers.
  • Kellnerr
    3541 posts National Call-Up
    Great move indeed and other teams should follow that. It's not much, but it certainly helps.
  • Low Ki
    12276 posts Has That Special Something
    edited May 25
    Based on what I've heard on his time there, WE should be paying Hearts to keep Joel Pereira :lol:
  • Apollo
    19416 posts World Class

It's a real shame that he didn't get to finish the season with us, but they won't agree to extend the loan and the asking price they want to make the deal permanent is far too high. Better to get someone else for the cover striker role for next season.
  • Tornado31619
    21095 posts Club Captain
    edited May 25
    Oh well, it was nice while it lasted. At least he got to live his boyhood dream.

Cheers for the service, Odion.
  • ViVaWhom
    8724 posts League Winner
    feel so bad for him

atleast his last game for us he scored one of the best goals of the seaso
  • Enguin
    11598 posts Has That Special Something
    that's genuinely upset me
  • Tornado31619
    21095 posts Club Captain
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    feel so bad for him

atleast his last game for us he scored one of the best goals of the seaso

Agreed, he can’t be happy about going back. You don’t reckon he’ll try and push for a move, do you?
  • Apollo
    19416 posts World Class

Interesting, not over yet then. The MEN may have jumped the gun
  • Retro_G
    33018 posts National Team Captain

Interesting, not over yet then. The MEN may have jumped the gun

Hopefully he gets to finish the season.