Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• Apollo
    18946 posts World Class
    Retro_G wrote: »

Hope we find him another loan. I would be very surprised if we could find a permanent buyer, so the best we could do might be loaning every season until his contract runs out.
  • Retro_G
    32583 posts National Team Captain
    HysxteriA wrote: »
    Ugh Sanchez. Not good boys not good.

Decent cover, if we get injuries. He still bangs them in for Chile, still hoping he can find a bit of form, we're stuck with Alexis. :D
  • RGBC_91
    1 posts Ball Boy

Decent cover, if we get injuries. He still bangs them in for Chile, still hoping he can find a bit of form, we're stuck with Alexis. :D

Agreed, decent cover for times of crisis. I'd rather Ole put Alexis on than Lingard in all honesty
  • Ahmer50x
    22300 posts Club Captain
    Just give him a golden handshake and move on
  • Ahmer50x
    22300 posts Club Captain
    edited March 31

Would be an interesting way to field interest in a Pogba swap

EDIT: Just been reminded he's a Raiola client so I'd rather go for someone else or straight cash. That said if it’s a straight choice between keeping Pogba or swapping for de Ligt, I’ll take de Ligt
    Post edited by Ahmer50x on
  • Tornado31619
    20576 posts Club Captain
    I doubt Juve would want to sell or that he'd want to leave unless he's already sick of Sarri.

@Alemas_2012 thoughts?
  • Alemas_2012
    17130 posts World Class
    edited March 31
    I doubt Juve would want to sell or that he'd want to leave unless he's already sick of Sarri.

Alemas_2012 thoughts?

I'm not even paying attention or thinking about transfer rumours given everything's been put on ice for God knows how long, and who knows when the transfer window will even be open. :D
    I don't even care right now.
  • Tornado31619
    20576 posts Club Captain
    Fair enough.
  • Ahmer50x
    22300 posts Club Captain
  • Alex02
    2920 posts National Call-Up
    Don’t particularly want De Ligt if I’m honest, wouldn’t be a bad signing but god knows what’ll happen. Pogba needs to either commit properly and sign a new contract or be sold this summer, the uncertainty is doing nobody any favours
  • Tornado31619
    20576 posts Club Captain
    If we're still looking for a CB, I'd rather him than an aging Koulibaly.

Mind you, unless Pogba is part of the deal, I don't see us signing him, Sancho AND a top-class 8 like Saul.
  • Apollo
    18946 posts World Class
    If we're still looking for a CB, I'd rather him than an aging Koulibaly.

Mind you, unless Pogba is part of the deal, I don't see us signing him, Sancho AND a top-class 8 like Saul.

This is a plausible explanation imo - it's not clear cut ofc but its possible
  • Tornado31619
    20576 posts Club Captain
    de Ligt and 50m, no issues there.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    32941 posts National Team Captain
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    UM4R wrote: »
    Knew somebody would bring that up :lol:

But seriously, if we’re against signing Maddison then surely that implies we want somebody to allow Bruno to play further forward? Who else is there, maybe Partey?

Partey, Saul, Fabian , Ndidi to name a few
    plenty of players out there just depends on if scouts do their jobs

If we're looking at an 8 that can create from deep while being reliable defensively... I'd absolutely love Fabian. Saul is a great option as well.

Partey is not very creative, but get's involved, never stops running and is every where. He'd be great.

All those named mentioned would be great signings, but I think Fabian and Saul would fill the creative side of the role.

Saúl is great but he is not a creator

You're right...apologies. I got the "creator" mixed with Rodri when he was there. Pitch is correct in that Saul is similar to Herrera.

Fabian is obviously my number one choice, albeit probably the least likely given he's linked with Barca.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    32941 posts National Team Captain
    edited April 1

Debatable. He's not been great for Chile since he's dropped off. He had one great game for Chile during that Copa America while the rest of the games he was really bang average.

I always enjoyed watching Sanchez throughout his career, but I can't see him at this point getting closed to the production he had in a top league again. That being said he's definitely a better option than Lingard.
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    14313 posts World Class
    edited April 1
    De ligt - (pogba +50m)
    Saul - (-50-60m)
    Ighalo - (-15m)
    Sancho - (-100-120m)

Would be awesome for me
  • Ahmer50x
    22300 posts Club Captain
    edited April 1
    De ligt - (pogba +50m)
    Saul - (-50-60m)
    Ighalo - (-15m)
    Sancho - (-100-120m)

Would be awesome for me

Saul would cost double that IMO and doesn't fit the role so for me same + van de beek (to be realistic, as much as I love Maddison) instead of Saul
  • yosef167
    1210 posts Professional
    edited April 1
    De ligt - (pogba +50m)
    Saul - (-50-60m)
    Ighalo - (-15m)
    Sancho - (-100-120m)

Would be awesome for me

Covid 19 will kill the market
    no club in world will go for 200m+ in europe.
    everyone that hates Pogba need to live up that he is staying unless RM get him and thats Unlikely.
    Juventus cant pay anymore his Fee after getting big hit by Covid-19 in the financial side for the Club.
    Pogba will be United player which will Rule out any Mid to come to United unless the Corona virus end soon and the leagues does End which will save the Smaller Clubs.
    but for the Market everyone need to be realastic Clubs wont pay what was paid in past for players.

Lets add for Pogba haters
    -pogba currently United Player and every United Player have to get the respect he needs. No hate until he leave.
  • Pietu
    6172 posts Big Money Move
    De ligt - (pogba +50m)
    Saul - (-50-60m)
    Ighalo - (-15m)
    Sancho - (-100-120m)

Would be awesome for me

Are you saying You would pay 50M and Pogba for De Ligt or De Ligt and 50M for Pogba?
  • arsenalap
    7615 posts League Winner
    Pietu wrote: »
    De ligt - (pogba +50m)
    Saul - (-50-60m)
    Ighalo - (-15m)
    Sancho - (-100-120m)

Would be awesome for me

Are you saying You would pay 50M and Pogba for De Ligt or De Ligt and 50M for Pogba?

Look at the plus and minus signs mate ha.

It's the 2nd one.

I think you guys expecting to spend 150 plus mil net this summer are dreaming.. market will have crashed.
  • Kellnerr
    3422 posts National Call-Up
    De ligt - (pogba +50m)
    Saul - (-50-60m)
    Ighalo - (-15m)
    Sancho - (-100-120m)

Would be awesome for me

De Ligt and 50M for Pogba, but that's utopian if you ask me.
  • Pietu
    arsenalap wrote: »
    De ligt - (pogba +50m)
    Saul - (-50-60m)
    Ighalo - (-15m)
    Sancho - (-100-120m)

Would be awesome for me

It's the 2nd one.

I think you guys expecting to spend 150 plus mil net this summer are dreaming.. market will have crashed.

It says De Ligt (Pogba+50M) could have been both ways imo
  • Pietu
    Kellnerr wrote: »
    De ligt - (pogba +50m)
    Saul - (-50-60m)
    Ighalo - (-15m)
    Sancho - (-100-120m)

Would be awesome for me

De Ligt and 50M for Pogba, but that's utopian if you ask me.

Agreed, no way would Juve do that.
  • arsenalap
    7615 posts League Winner
    edited April 1
    De ligt - (pogba +50m)
    Saul - (-50-60m)
    Ighalo - (-15m)
    Sancho - (-100-120m)

Would be awesome for me

It's the 2nd one.

It says De Ligt (Pogba+50M) could have been both ways imo

Fair, the bold are the net sums.

Yh I dont see Juve doing it but I could see more like 20 or 30m if Demiral recovers well.
  • Apollo
    18946 posts World Class
    edited April 1
    De ligt - (pogba +50m)
    Saul - (-50-60m)
    Ighalo - (-15m)
    Sancho - (-100-120m)

Would be awesome for me

It's the 2nd one.

Sancho is the priority. I think we'll be targeting him as our main buy, the remainder could easily depend on what happens with Pogba because of the market reason you mentioned.
  • arsenalap
    7615 posts League Winner
    Apollo wrote: »
    De ligt - (pogba +50m)
    Saul - (-50-60m)
    Ighalo - (-15m)
    Sancho - (-100-120m)

Would be awesome for me

It's the 2nd one.

Sancho is the priority. I think we'll be targeting him as our main buy, the remainder could easily depend on what happens with Pogba because of the market reason you mentioned.

Wouldnt be surprised if you just sold Pogba and got Sancho and Ighalo and spent 50m net.
  • Apollo
    18946 posts World Class
    Apollo wrote: »
    De ligt - (pogba +50m)
    Saul - (-50-60m)
    Ighalo - (-15m)
    Sancho - (-100-120m)

Would be awesome for me

It's the 2nd one.

Wouldnt be surprised if you just sold Pogba and got Sancho and Ighalo and spent 50m net.

Also worth noting that we'll be trying to offload several of Smalling, Jones, Lingard, Pereira, Rojo and Sanchez. Not all of them will go, but a few will and that will help with the net spend given the market situation.
  • Tornado31619
    20576 posts Club Captain
    Mirror reporting that Liverpool have walked away from Sancho and that we and Chelsea will follow suit if BVB don't lower their asking price.