The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC & console, this includes the changes listed here.

Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• Tornado31619
    20248 posts Club Captain
    😬
  • Tornado31619
    20248 posts Club Captain
    Tbh it’ll likely just be a severe cold for him, his immune system isn’t compromised for it to be deadly
  • Retro_G
    32041 posts National Team Captain
    Apollo wrote: »
    We're finally so close to a fully fit squad, only Rashford, Pogba and Grant still out. Everyone else is in full training. Obviously the first two are still really important misses but at least we've finally got some depth in most positions fit

Still missing two of our most influential players though, it's the equivalent of Liverpool missing Mane, Trent.
  • Apollo
    18550 posts World Class
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Apollo wrote: »
    We're finally so close to a fully fit squad, only Rashford, Pogba and Grant still out. Everyone else is in full training. Obviously the first two are still really important misses but at least we've finally got some depth in most positions fit

Still missing two of our most influential players though, it's the equivalent of Liverpool missing Mane, Trent.

Obviously, I even say that in my post. Was just trying to look at the positives of the positions we do have depth in now thanks to players returning from injury.
  • Retro_G
    32041 posts National Team Captain
    Tbh it’ll likely just be a severe cold for him, his immune system isn’t compromised for it to be deadly

There have been plenty of healthy people who died from the coronavirus. The Chinese doctor who sounded the alarm for the virus had no underlying health issues, he was only in his 30's and he died. I wouldn't wish that virus on my worst enemy, hope Sanchez recovers.
  • Tornado31619
    20248 posts Club Captain
    Damn. Either way, hope it’s not too serious.
  • Ahmer50x
    22030 posts Club Captain
    Get well soon Alexis!
  • MorroWtje
    5257 posts Big Money Move
    Reports saying the article has been misinterpreted. He hasn't got the virus, just saying that alexis sanchez & co, aka inter have been affected by the virus in italy for their training/matches etc
  • Sellish
    10026 posts Has That Special Something
  • Keano
    15403 posts World Class
    Sellish wrote: »

Absolute legend he was.
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    14278 posts World Class
    edited February 27
    Sellish wrote: »

He haunted us (dunfermline) for years 😂 was a pleasure watching him for years in the flesh.. When he signed for united, I was so happy
  • Apollo
    18550 posts World Class

I think he's earned a rest. Because of our injury problems in midfield, he's been carrying our midfield for a while now. Give him the night off ready for Everton
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    32909 posts National Team Captain
    Athletic reporting United and Barca have made “proposals” for Werner, but Werner is wanting Liverpool and holding out for them to make an offer
  • Apollo
    18550 posts World Class
    Athletic reporting United and Barca have made “proposals” for Werner, but Werner is wanting Liverpool and holding out for them to make an offer

I think possible future players is safe territory for us to discuss :joy: He's been hugely linked with Liverpool for a long time now, I don't think it's likely he goes anywhere else but there tbh, seems a matter of time.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    32909 posts National Team Captain
    edited February 27
    Also, Andreas has apparently responded to a fan on FB telling him to find a new club with “I will stay and fight for my place. My place is at Manchester United”

Love the response and glad he wants to fight, but no doubt has some work to do. He’s deffo rightfully lost his place in the squad currently outside of rotational games I’d say.
  • Tornado31619
    20248 posts Club Captain
    Goal reporting that de Gea might be sold to raise funds.

That’s surely ❤️❤️❤️❤️.
  • Ahmer50x
    22030 posts Club Captain
    Goal are terrible but I can see it if Ole believes in #Deano2020
  • Pxul_
    9237 posts League Winner
    Now would be the perfect time to sell him and bring Hendo in as first choice. You'd still get a decent fee aswell.
  • El_Nino
    4411 posts National Call-Up
    Yeah selling DDG now would probably be a smart move, Henderson looks a similar level to him already and should keep improving.

You could still get some money for DDG, and the longer you wait to make Henderson your starter the higher the chance he fancies a move.
  • MorroWtje
    5257 posts Big Money Move
    Yeah it would be gutting to have DDG go, but in the club we've got 3 world class keepers and it's ridiculously harsh on them to not have regular gametime. If selling DDG and replacing with a great player who's not costing us a penny, which lets us get the marquee RW/ST/CM that we're gagging for, then I'm actually ok with it.
  • Ahmer50x
    22030 posts Club Captain
    edited February 27
    MorroWtje wrote: »
    Yeah it would be gutting to have DDG go, but in the club we've got 3 world class keepers and it's ridiculously harsh on them to not have regular gametime. If selling DDG and replacing with a great player who's not costing us a penny, which lets us get the marquee RW/ST/CM that we're gagging for, then I'm actually ok with it.

It still shocks me that Romero is happy as a backup. Last week's error aside, he's been amazing for us these past 5 years.

Man walks into the Chelsea team ffs :joy:
  • El_Nino
    4411 posts National Call-Up
    edited February 27
    MorroWtje wrote: »

You and me have very very different understandings of world class.

You have 3 good keepers at a push. Realistically, two decent and 1 average keeper.

@Ahmer50x if your classification of a good goal keeper is getting a game at Chelsea then there’s literally 100s.
  • Tornado31619
    20248 posts Club Captain
    De Gea is world class. Henderson is pretty decent and Romero is decent.

I don’t see why we need to worry about getting a good fee out of players. 50m is tree fiddy to us.
  • Ahmer50x
    22030 posts Club Captain
    I don't think any of the 3 can be called world class tbh

de Gea has been a slightly above average goalkeeper in the Prem for the last 18 months on balance. I'd say Henderson and Romero have been similar.
  • Pxul_
    9237 posts League Winner
    Henderson is better than DDG.

DDG world class? Is this 2017? My time machine must’ve worked.
  • wth22
    11164 posts Has That Special Something
    de Gea has been world class from 2013 to mid 2018, he's been ranging from great to disastrous since, I would say above average is still a bit harsh, still rank him top 5 in the league.

Henderson can be world class but definitely not there atm, probably 2 or 3 tiers below that for now.

Romero is a world class backup, but I'd say he's an above average #1. Wouldn't start for any of the top 8 other than Chelsea.
  • Tornado31619
    20248 posts Club Captain
    wth22 wrote: »
    de Gea has been world class from 2013 to mid 2018, he's been ranging from great to disastrous since, I would say above average is still a bit harsh, still rank him top 5 in the league.

Henderson can be world class but definitely not there atm, probably 2 or 3 tiers below that for now.

Romero is a world class backup, but I'd say he's an above average #1. Wouldn't start for any of the top 8 other than Chelsea.

Spot on.