The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• XxRichiexRichxX
    32906 posts National Team Captain
    Keano wrote: »
    we'd need to look at bringing in maybe 1 back up CB if we were to sell Rojo, Jones, and Smalling. Or I'm not sure if there's any decent ones coming through the academy right now. I've not exactly seen any that really stand out from the games I've been able to catch this year.

Not getting invovled in the rest of it but Iagree we'd need to bring one in.. Mengi is a huge talent & has shown to be a standout performer in the Youth team this season, but he's only 17, so unsure if they would but like a few others I could see him being thrown into the squad next season to do what they're doing with Williams, Greenwood etc as he's showing himself to be above youth quality... unless they loan him out.

Yeah I’d imagine it’d be a couple of years before he breaks through with being just 17
  • Southgatology
    1549 posts Play-Off Hero
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

Just imagine if we had kept Smalling as well! 😅
  • @XxRichiexRichxX my comments were more tongue and cheek, hence the amount of laughing emoji's... I'm not straight out calling you out. We both feel differently on how we view specific players, however I will say I agree on the smalling, Jones, Lingard, Rojo and periera outlook you've given a more in depth opinion on. Im just more inclined to view towards the future more, rather than praising matic alone, I'd also like to praise maguire?
    McTominay was also playing out his skin prior to injury and I do think he's important enough to the team to replace matic regardless of form. Because matic should be considered a squad player like mata imho. But I've stated that before... People like to dramatise things all a little too much in here... Again, I'm not trying to upset anyone, I just don't understand why people would rather keep aging players in the squad over up and coming future stars, Its not worked for us doing that
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    edited February 25
    @XxRichiexRichxX my comments were more tongue and cheek, hence the amount of laughing emoji's... I'm not straight out calling you out. We both feel differently on how we view specific players, however I will say I agree on the smalling, Jones, Lingard, Rojo and periera outlook you've given a more in depth opinion on. Im just more inclined to view towards the future more, rather than praising matic alone, I'd also like to praise maguire?
    McTominay was also playing out his skin prior to injury and I do think he's important enough to the team to replace matic regardless of form. Because matic should be considered a squad player like mata imho. But I've stated that before... People like to dramatise things all a little too much in here... Again, I'm not trying to upset anyone, I just don't understand why people would rather keep aging players in the squad over up and coming future stars, Its not worked for us doing that

My Initial comment about Matic wasn’t even directed at Maguire. I’ve never ever once said he hasn’t had any impact, you’ve made an assumption just because I’m not gassing him up to be a world class CB. I didn’t praise AWB in that initial comment either. I didn’t think praise towards AWB or Maguire was necessary as it had already been done in the tweet. I was simply adding too it because I felt that Matic’s impact this season has been overlooked.

If you’re talking about starting, I’m not suggesting keeping Matic longterm though, but what bad can come from keeping the currently on form player in the starting 11? He and Fred so clearly compliment each other so well and is a partnership that’s been incredible this season. Why break it up currently? Mctominay is the future, so he’ll have plenty of time. Competition is good for his development, he seems like the type of player that would completely understand if he didn’t come right back into the starting 11 and would have to fight for his place. I think the same applies for Pogba, as much of a fan I am of his or the impact I think he’d have with Bruno, he should fight for his place as well. I’d argue Mctominay’s style of play is more similar to Fred’s anyway in that they are both more b2b and neither of them anchor

If you’re talking in the overall squad and/or keep vs selling, experience is always needed. If he’s fine with accepting a squad/rotational role in the squad, we should keep him for his experience.
  • @XxRichiexRichxX my comments were more tongue and cheek, hence the amount of laughing emoji's... I'm not straight out calling you out. We both feel differently on how we view specific players, however I will say I agree on the smalling, Jones, Lingard, Rojo and periera outlook you've given a more in depth opinion on. Im just more inclined to view towards the future more, rather than praising matic alone, I'd also like to praise maguire?

My Initial comment about Matic wasn’t even directed at Maguire. I’ve never ever once said he hasn’t had any impact, you’ve made an assumption just because I’m not gassing him up to be a world class CB. I didn’t praise AWB in that initial comment either. I didn’t think praise towards AWB or Maguire was necessary as it had already been done in the tweet. I was simply adding too it because I felt that Matic’s impact this season has been overlooked.

If you’re talking about starting, I’m not suggesting keeping Matic longterm though, but what bad can come from keeping the currently on form player in the starting 11? He and Fred so clearly compliment each other so well and is a partnership that’s been incredible this season. Why break it up currently? Mctominay is the future, so he’ll have plenty of time. Competition is good for his development, he seems like the type of player that would completely understand if he didn’t come right back into the starting 11 and would have to fight for his place. I think the same applies for Pogba, as much of a fan I am of his or the impact I think he’d have with Bruno, he should fight for his place as well.

If you’re talking in the overall squad and/or keep vs selling, experience is always needed. If he’s fine with accepting a squad/rotational role in the squad, we should keep him for his experience.

Matic falls into the same category of squad player like mata for me, to help nurture the future. That I'm happy with, and with the odd game where experience would be advantageous in certain scenarios. But I think mctominay is a genuine starter regardless... For me personally
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    @XxRichiexRichxX my comments were more tongue and cheek, hence the amount of laughing emoji's... I'm not straight out calling you out. We both feel differently on how we view specific players, however I will say I agree on the smalling, Jones, Lingard, Rojo and periera outlook you've given a more in depth opinion on. Im just more inclined to view towards the future more, rather than praising matic alone, I'd also like to praise maguire?

If you’re talking about starting, I’m not suggesting keeping Matic longterm though, but what bad can come from keeping the currently on form player in the starting 11? He and Fred so clearly compliment each other so well and is a partnership that’s been incredible this season. Why break it up currently? Mctominay is the future, so he’ll have plenty of time. Competition is good for his development, he seems like the type of player that would completely understand if he didn’t come right back into the starting 11 and would have to fight for his place. I think the same applies for Pogba, as much of a fan I am of his or the impact I think he’d have with Bruno, he should fight for his place as well.

Matic falls into the same category of squad player like mata for me, to help nurture the future. That I'm happy with, and with the odd game where experience would be advantageous in certain scenarios. But I think mctominay is a genuine starter regardless... For me personally

I’m not denying he’s a starter. I just don’t see the logic in disrupting a midfield pairing right now that’s working so efficiently just because Mctominay is the younger player for the future. If Matic or Fred starts to slip, or Mctominay just absolutely dominates in his appearances, fair enough. It’s also never a guarantee that a player returns from injury and immediately has the form he had prior to injury.

It’s cool that we disagree on that. I’m not trying to say Matic is better than Mctominay or that Mctominay isn’t a starter. It’s a tough situation to be in great form, go out with a long term injury and someone else comes in and is playing very well.
    I’ve just always been a believer in that you play the on form player.
  • HysxteriA
    3553 posts National Call-Up

I’m not denying he’s a starter. I just don’t see the logic in disrupting a midfield pairing right now that’s working so efficiently just because Mctominay is the younger player for the future. If Matic or Fred starts to slip, or Mctominay just absolutely dominates in his appearances, fair enough. It’s also never a guarantee that a player returns from injury and immediately has the form he had prior to injury.

It’s cool that we disagree on that. I’m not trying to say Matic is better than Mctominay or that Mctominay isn’t a starter. It’s a tough situation to be in great form, go out with a long term injury and someone else comes in and is playing very well.

Agree. Taking into what consideration what Matic has been like for us over the prior few games I don't feel the need to drop him. Having said that, Mctominay definitely deserves some early subs to show his form to gain a rightfully deserved place back in the 11. Just hard to drop Matic right now I agree.

At the end of the day, what were both discussing is low key great for the squad... Which is an actual squad capable of rotation... Something we can't disagree we've badly needed in previous years...
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    HysxteriA wrote: »

Agree. Taking into what consideration what Matic has been like for us over the prior few games I don't feel the need to drop him. Having said that, Mctominay definitely deserves some early subs to show his form to gain a rightfully deserved place back in the 11. Just hard to drop Matic right now I agree.

Agree. Early subs and/or the typical rotational games. If he shows he outplays Matic or Fred, consider making the swap then.
  • XxRichiexRichxX

At the end of the day, what were both discussing is low key great for the squad... Which is an actual squad capable of rotation... Something we can't disagree we've badly needed in previous years...

Agree. It’s a great problem for a manager to have haha
  • Ahmer50x
    22010 posts Club Captain
    United will commit funds but only for players of quality and only at a price Woodward deems appropriate. United’s executive vice-chairman was criticised for the time it took to complete the Bruno deal and, while only Doc Brown’s DeLorean would allow us to see whether the Portugal midfielder would have made a difference against, say, Burnley at Old Trafford, it is the case that initially Sporting Lisbon wanted €80 million (£68 million) guaranteed and ultimately United are obligated to pay just €55 million (£47 million). Only if Bruno wins the Ballon d’Or will Sporting get the full €80 million and should that happen, United will be happy to pay.
    Selling players would be one way to make up the deficit and sanctioning a transfer for Paul Pogba could fund the signings of two players in one go. United put a £150 million price on Pogba’s head last summer but industry sources have told The Athletic the club may have to accept about £80 million given the way things have gone this season. It is to be seen if there are clubs willing to pay that.

Even so, that would cover the expected cost to buy Jack Grealish, described as United’s No 1 target. Should Aston Villa get relegated, Grealish’s price would drop further, given their need to comply with profit and sustainability rules in the Championship.
  • Retro_G
    31958 posts National Team Captain
    United will commit funds but only for players of quality and only at a price Woodward deems appropriate. United’s executive vice-chairman was criticised for the time it took to complete the Bruno deal and, while only Doc Brown’s DeLorean would allow us to see whether the Portugal midfielder would have made a difference against, say, Burnley at Old Trafford, it is the case that initially Sporting Lisbon wanted €80 million (£68 million) guaranteed and ultimately United are obligated to pay just €55 million (£47 million). Only if Bruno wins the Ballon d’Or will Sporting get the full €80 million and should that happen, United will be happy to pay.
    Selling players would be one way to make up the deficit and sanctioning a transfer for Paul Pogba could fund the signings of two players in one go. United put a £150 million price on Pogba’s head last summer but industry sources have told The Athletic the club may have to accept about £80 million given the way things have gone this season. It is to be seen if there are clubs willing to pay that.

Even so, that would cover the expected cost to buy Jack Grealish, described as United’s No 1 target. Should Aston Villa get relegated, Grealish’s price would drop further, given their need to comply with profit and sustainability rules in the Championship.

I don't like how Grealish is our number 1 target. I want us to sign Grealish, but our right wing has been neglected for years, should be the top priority.
  • Keano
    15349 posts World Class
    Retro_G wrote: »

I don't like how Grealish is our number 1 target. I want us to sign Grealish, but our right wing has been neglected for years, should be the top priority.

Think that's because Sancho is the top priority on the RW, but that's not happening if we don't get CL football, which isn't certain yet... where as Grealish is seen as he will come even if we're in Europa.
  • Teh Zombz
    4212 posts National Call-Up

who is the other team above us in the "xGA" stat? liverpool and city?
  • Ahmer50x
    22010 posts Club Captain
    Teh Zombz wrote: »

who is the other team above us in the "xGA" stat? liverpool and city?

That's correct.

Liverpool 24.64
    Man City 26.09
    Man Utd 27.05
  • Kman
    3169 posts National Call-Up
    Matic is good to have on the bench/in rotation, McT is the future and should be given first team duties when back to full fitness. Slowly we are getting more quality depth and there’s competitions for positions like Shaw and Williams. The team is coming a long nicely and with some quality on the park added in Bruno, we are seeing more positive results.

Also Ole is improving tenfold as a manger his tactics have been quite good of late and his substitutions are getting much better.
  • Sellish
    10024 posts Has That Special Something

We need to sell Pogba for 80m to be able o buy Grealish for 80m.

76258uTB_400x400.jpeg
  • Ahmer50x
    22010 posts Club Captain

Crap source but imagine. It’d be as big as signing Sancho :joy:
  • Happy birthday Ole Gunar ❤❤
  • Apollo
    18468 posts World Class
    edited February 26
    We're finally so close to a fully fit squad, only Rashford, Pogba and Grant still out. Everyone else is in full training. Obviously the first two are still really important misses but at least we've finally got some depth in most positions fit
  • Teh Zombz
    4212 posts National Call-Up
    i wonder if TFM is in ole's plans. i was over hyping him so much when he was coming through, would be nice to see him do well
  • Keano
    15349 posts World Class
    Teh Zombz wrote: »
    i wonder if TFM is in ole's plans. i was over hyping him so much when he was coming through, would be nice to see him do well

he'll get a shot before the end of the season imo... though unsure if he'll get a contract renewal.
  • Ahmer50x
    22010 posts Club Captain
    Apollo wrote: »
    We're finally so close to a fully fit squad, only Rashford, Pogba and Grant still out. Everyone else is in full training. Obviously the first two are still really important misses but at least we've finally got some depth in most positions fit

Yeah, it's lovely to finally be able to put out 2 full 11's again. Hopefully we see heavy rotation for the FA Cup match against Derby next week.
  • Sellish
    10024 posts Has That Special Something
    Apollo wrote: »
    We're finally so close to a fully fit squad, only Rashford, Grant and Pogba still out. Everyone else is in full training. Obviously the first two are still really important misses but at least we've finally got some depth in most positions fit

Yea I really miss Rashy & Grant. :trollface:
  • Ahmer50x
    22010 posts Club Captain
    Think Dinnery means TFM there not Bailly, given Bailly started at Chelsea
  • Apollo
    18468 posts World Class
    Think Dinnery means TFM there not Bailly, given Bailly started at Chelsea

Agreed, that would make sense
  • Shshj
    4541 posts National Call-Up
    Chilean media reporting that Alexis has coronavirus.