The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• Ahmer50x
    22019 posts Club Captain
    Grealish and Sancho are the obvious targets at CAM and RW but I'm very curious to see who we go for at ST. No super obvious options there.
  • Tornado31619
    20220 posts Club Captain
    Is there much point in signing one? Wouldn’t mind Greenwood starting with Rashford on the left and Ighalo/Martial on the bench.
  • Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Grealish and Sancho are the obvious targets at CAM and RW but I'm very curious to see who we go for at ST. No super obvious options there.

@Ahmer50x I think we'll go for dembele personally
  • Ahmer50x
    22019 posts Club Captain

Thoughts? Is this what Luke Shaw is now? LCB in a back 3 that can cover Williams whenever he’s injured or out of form?
  • Sellish
    10024 posts Has That Special Something
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

Thoughts? Is this what Luke Shaw is now? LCB in a back 3 that can cover Williams whenever he’s injured or out of form?

I think he is great there. But 3atb isn't our formation and he is better then a rotation option.
  • Pietu
    5962 posts Big Money Move
    Sellish wrote: »

He is back

Gotta love Scott for his passion and heart! His never give up attitude will get him far, the best kind of attitude! Hopefully he has a good career.
  • Apollo
    18502 posts World Class
    edited February 21
    Nvm
  • Keano
    15381 posts World Class
    Mctominay - Fred
    Bruno

giphy.gif
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    32908 posts National Team Captain
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Apollo wrote: »

He should try the 4-3-3 if McT is back. Fred, McT, Bruno would work.

While I agree.... shoving Mct back in the line up over Matic who's done little to nothing wrong since he's stepped in would be a bit harsh. I'd slowly work Mctominay back in and encourage the competition. I'd prob do the same thing when Pogba is cleared as well.
    UM4R wrote: »
    Keano wrote: »
    forearms wrote: »
    I'm glad that the fans are getting behind Bruno, he was the guy I had been advocating for. The sad part is we shouldve had him in the summer, for almost the same amount that we signed him for in the winter. At least we finally got him.

Anyone see Ford v Ferrari? The Leo Beebe (Josh Lucas) character reminded me of what I believe Ed Woodward is like.

If we had him in the summer, we'd definitely be top 4 atm.

I'd say we'd prob be roughly 5-6 points below Leicester/City... given how many games we didnt have a creative outlet & set peices were a waste as nobody could finish them...

not buying Bruno in the summer and not going for Tielemans is up there with the most baffling decisions of all time

What did the extra 4 months of scouting show, that the scouting/analytics department didn't already know or have in the summer and we probably would've got him for slightly cheaper in the summer

Honestly, the whole recruitment structure is a joke and the fact they used AWB as proof that it works is ridiculous. The whole we had a million right-backs on our list and narrowed it down to AWB. Complete waste of time AWB was always the obvious choice, all of us in here had him as our No1 / No2 target for that position, and we didn't need to analyse every active RB to come to that decision.

Should've spent that time looking at centre mids, right wingers and strikers

100%
  • While I agree that matic has played well, he has to accept that he's nothing more than an ageing squad player now. Mctominay is the future and should start over matic whenever fully fit... He was one of the best performing players in the squad prior to his injury...
  • XxRichiexRichxX

i saw that yesterday. and he's right, however, he should still very much be a LB option. He's ultimately playing the role like a LB, just tucks in a bit more. But he goes for and overlaps Williams a lot which is what you want from the outside CB roles ina 3 back

that being said, i don't want to see 3 back as much as we have been. the occasional 3 back is fine for tactical reasons, but i don't think we are efficient enough in the attack to frequently run that formation.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    While I agree that matic has played well, he has to accept that he's nothing more than an ageing squad player now. Mctominay is the future and should start over matic whenever fully fit... He was one of the best performing players in the squad prior to his injury...

Long term, for sure, I agree. But it should be about playing the on form player. Currently, Matic and Fred are on form. Shouldn't just drop them immediately because Mctominay and/or Pogba returns. Ease them back into things, it ensures neither are getting rushed back into things (like what happened with Pogba), competition is good, and then start the better performing player.
  • While I agree that matic has played well, he has to accept that he's nothing more than an ageing squad player now. Mctominay is the future and should start over matic whenever fully fit... He was one of the best performing players in the squad prior to his injury...

Long term, for sure, I agree. But it should be about playing the on form player. Currently, Matic and Fred are on form. Shouldn't just drop them immediately because Mctominay and/or Pogba returns. Ease them back into things, it ensures neither are getting rushed back into things (like what happened with Pogba), competition is good, and then start the better performing player.

So based on what you've said, and I'm theoretically speaking here... If bailly didn't get injured again, would you have kept him in the team over lindelof because he was brilliant against Chelsea? Or would you put lindelof back in...
  • Ahmer50x
    22019 posts Club Captain
    If Bailly is fit, he starts vs Watford for me
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    edited February 21
    While I agree that matic has played well, he has to accept that he's nothing more than an ageing squad player now. Mctominay is the future and should start over matic whenever fully fit... He was one of the best performing players in the squad prior to his injury...

So based on what you've said, and I'm theoretically speaking here... If bailly didn't get injured again, would you have kept him in the team over lindelof because he was brilliant against Chelsea? Or would you put lindelof back in...

The context of that is different though for 2 reasons... Lindelof's been rather inconsistent (quite literally basically every other game going from being poor to having a good game) and then Lindelof was ill per OGS for the game vs Chelsea which is why he didn't travel. If Lindelof wasn't ill, i'd say there's a pretty high chance that Lindelof plays vs Chelsea and Bailly stays on the bench. Given the inconsistencies Lindelof this season and Bailly coming in and playing very well, Bailly starts.

The difference is Matic hasn't put a foot wrong since he's come into the line up and is very much on form. Lindelof wasn't. If Matic was being inconsistent or poor, it'd be a no brainer that Mctominay comes back in (I'd still ease back into avoid reaggravating the injury, but the starting spot would be his once he's fully match fit)

The context of that is different though for 2 reasons... Lindelof's been rather inconsistent (quite literally basically every other game going from being poor to having a good game) and then Lindelof was ill per OGS for the game vs Chelsea which is why he didn't travel. If Lindelof wasn't ill, i'd say there's a pretty high chance that Lindelof plays vs Chelsea and Bailly stays on the bench. Given the inconsistencies Lindelof this season and Bailly coming in and playing very well, Bailly starts.

The difference is Matic hasn't put a foot wrong since he's come into the line up and is very much on form. Lindelof wasn't. If Matic was being inconsistent or poor, it'd be a no brainer that Mctominay comes back in (I'd still ease back into avoid reaggravating the injury, but the starting spot would be his once he's fully match fit)

OK, I respect that response mate
  • Apollo
    18502 posts World Class
    Hopefully McTominay gets his first minutes back on Sunday, nice cameo off the bench near the end would be a good first reintroduction to getting his match fitness up
  • Apollo wrote: »
    Hopefully McTominay gets his first minutes back on Sunday, nice cameo off the bench near the end would be a good first reintroduction to getting his match fitness up

Yeah I'm looking forward to seeing him back, will feel a bit like a January signing. 👌
  • Retro_G
    31991 posts National Team Captain
    edited February 22

Spot on mate, while Matic's form has been decent, his experience is good against the big teams. He isn't needed in a game against Watford, McT would offer more going forward. Matic also wouldn't work in a 4-3-3, he doesn't have the legs. I really want to see a midfield three of Fred, McT, Bruno.
  • ComptonLAX94
    1584 posts Play-Off Hero

This is OGS, he's getting thrown in the deep-end. :D
  • Apollo
    18502 posts World Class

This is OGS, he's getting thrown in the deep-end. :D
    original.gif

• Apollo
    18502 posts World Class
    Thoughts on the team for tomorrow? This is the team I'd go for:

De Gea
    AWB - Bailly - Maguire - Shaw
    Fred - Matic
    Greenwood - Bruno - James
    Martial

I would be equally happy with Greenwood at ST, Martial LW and James RW, I'm more focusing on the personnel picked above.

As for LB, I saw this point after the game on Thursday and I think it makes a lot of sense. Williams got so much undeserved flak for one poor game that it might be best to take him out of the firing line for this game and give Shaw the start instead.
  • Tornado31619
    20220 posts Club Captain
    It might damage his confidence, though.
  • Apollo
    18502 posts World Class
    It might damage his confidence, though.

That's the risk. I don't think there's a standout approach to take with this particular decision, both options have their merits
  • Tornado31619
    20220 posts Club Captain
    I highly doubt that Deulofeu is going to transform into prime Hazard. Brandon should be fine.
  • El_Nino
    4409 posts National Call-Up
    You guys ready to lose to Watford now you’ve beaten us?
  • Tornado31619
    20220 posts Club Captain
    El_Nino wrote: »

Nah, you won your match so we should be fine. We’ll have VAR- I mean Bruno ready :trollface:
  • El_Nino
    4409 posts National Call-Up
    El_Nino wrote: »

Nah, you won your match so we should be fine. We’ll have VAR- I mean Bruno ready :trollface:

I’ve just slapped Bruno in on FPL so as long as he bangs 8 in I’m alright with it