We are aware of an issue with FUT Crashing for Virgin media users & we are working on this. Apologies for the inconvenience this is causing. We have a thread discussing it here.

Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• Apollo
    18022 posts World Class
    edited January 22
    TakeItSlow wrote: »

Nobody posted this or am I just really late to it? You can fork out 30m for a 16 year old but not the money required for Bruno?!

Bellingham has been brought up loads tbf. Different sources have suggested the fee would be 15m, 25m, and Sky with 30m. No idea who's right at this stage about what the fee is.

He's supposed to be an incredible talent so I'm pleased we're trying to sign him, but you're also spot on about Bruno. We need to stop messing about and put in a sensible offer.
  • Apollo
    18022 posts World Class
    edited January 22
    I've lost all faith in Sky after last week when they claimed Bruno was done. For a long time now they've been a poor excuse of what they were, but this is the final straw for me personally. No faith in their reports on transfers anymore.

Ornstein reported the interest in Bellingham before Sky so we know that is legit. Just waiting to see what the fee is if they accept and what the loan back conditions that Birmingham reportedly want end up being
    Post edited by Apollo on
  • El_Nino
    4365 posts National Call-Up
    Not sure if it was in this thread or another but I remember having a conversation about sky, there an absolute bottom level source at this stage, they just post whatever crap catches a headline regardless of if there’s anything behind it.
  • Pietu
    5461 posts Big Money Move
    I found you again! @Apollo

Screenshot-20200122-152229-com-google-android-youtube.jpg

• Apollo
    18022 posts World Class
    Pietu wrote: »
    I found you again! @Apollo

Screenshot-20200122-152229-com-google-android-youtube.jpg

:joy:
  • Apollo
    18022 posts World Class

100%. Give Ramazani any minutes Chong would've got. (Not the same position as Gomes or I'd have said him).
  • Ahmer50x
    21605 posts Club Captain
    edited January 22

So basically Woodward is trying to protect a financial asset while Ole doesn't believe he's good enough to be a Man Utd player.

It was to be expected tbh. Not Chong specifically but when you try out 4-5 youth players in the first team, some will make spots their own like Williams and some will flame out like Chong.

I personally think moving on is best for everyone. He'd probably be better served by a move to the Eredivisie than Inter though IMO
  • Teh Zombz
    4136 posts National Call-Up
    is bellingham highly rated by bham fans?
  • Apollo
    18022 posts World Class
    Teh Zombz wrote: »
    is bellingham highly rated by bham fans?

Yes. He's highly rated by just about everyone who's seen him play. He sounds like an unreal talent.
  • TakeItSlow
    8614 posts League Winner
    Looks like Bruno deal is dead so you're putting the money into Bellingham then, good for the future.
  • Apollo
    18022 posts World Class
    Looks like Bruno deal is dead so you're putting the money into Bellingham then, good for the future.

I presume that's your opinion? As reports aren't saying that at all.
    United have not dropped interest in the Portugal international and are still trying to strike a deal this week. 

That report I quoted came out about 30 minutes ago.
  • TakeItSlow
    8614 posts League Winner
    Apollo wrote: »

I presume that's your opinion? As reports aren't saying that at all.
    United have not dropped interest in the Portugal international and are still trying to strike a deal this week. 

That report I quoted came out about 30 minutes ago.

Yeah just my opinion on it, looks that way to me!
  • forearms
    5080 posts Big Money Move
    Just pay the money and sign him. This is ridiculous.
  • Pxul_
    8998 posts League Winner
    9 days left to sign him... will you do it? Find out next time on ‘Impractical JokeOwners’
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    32788 posts National Team Captain
    forearms wrote: »
    Just pay the money and sign him. This is ridiculous.
    It’s baffling really.
  • Ahmer50x
    21605 posts Club Captain
    If Sporting are in financial trouble, then Woodward's strategy makes sense tbh

If they desperately need money and can't afford for us to walk away, then you insist on a value and drag it out so they have to cave under pressure before the deadline.

The problem is if they have other means to handle the finances, they can just tell him to ❤️❤️❤️❤️ off, it won't work, and then he caves on deadline day and looks like an idiot.
  • forearms
    5080 posts Big Money Move
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

If they desperately need money and can't afford for us to walk away, then you insist on a value and drag it out so they have to cave under pressure before the deadline.

The problem is if they have other means to handle the finances, they can just tell him to **** off, it won't work, and then he caves on deadline day and looks like an idiot.

But we cant work on more than one deal at a time, so it just pushes us to only make one signing. It's stupid. We've already had a couple matches that he couldve been signed for, with another today. The longer we push it off (to save 10mil) the less games he plays for us.
  • Alex02
    2908 posts National Call-Up

The problem is if they have other means to handle the finances, they can just tell him to **** off, it won't work, and then he caves on deadline day and looks like an idiot.

absolutely no point in ❤️❤️❤️❤️ around for the sake of 5-10m, especially in January when the longer it takes the more games missed when we desperately need someone in that position.
    I can just see it now we’ll sign Bellingham to keep people quiet, he’ll be loaned out until the end of the season and branded a new signing when we inevitably fail to make necessary signings in the summer
  • Southgatology
    1486 posts Professional
    Alex02 wrote: »

absolutely no point in **** around for the sake of 5-10m, especially in January when the longer it takes the more games missed when we desperately need someone in that position.
    I can just see it now we’ll sign Bellingham to keep people quiet, he’ll be loaned out until the end of the season and branded a new signing when we inevitably fail to make necessary signings in the summer

I get what you're saying but Bellingham would be a big signing for us. Think he could easily claim a place in our midfield next season if we got him.
  • Apollo
    18022 posts World Class

Just meet in the middle FFS. They need the money, we need the player.
  • Alex02

absolutely no point in **** around for the sake of 5-10m, especially in January when the longer it takes the more games missed when we desperately need someone in that position.

I get what you're saying but Bellingham would be a big signing for us. Think he could easily claim a place in our midfield next season if we got him.
    Yeah I completely agree with that but it’d just be typical to handle it like that to cover for us lacking other signings
  • Alex02
    edited January 22
    duplicated
  • UM4R
    4263 posts Moderator

it's a risky game, say we get another injury today, that's just going to push his price up more and will do so for any alternatives we think of going for as everyone knows we are even more desperate for players

just get the deal done and then try and get a forward from somewhere . Honestly, the way this window is going should've just brought Hernandez in on loan until the end of the season. Loves the club and would still back him to get a couple of goals

the deal for the kid from B'ham can wait until the window closes as he won't be being signed to be coming straight into the first team
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    32788 posts National Team Captain
    edited January 22

He might be, but it’s incredibly annoying that we would spent 30m supposedly today for a player who wouldn’t touch the first team in at least 3 years. I highly highly doubt he’s in our first team next year, he’d almost definitely be loaned out...while we are incredibly desperate for players NOW it’s almost a slap in the face really. Don't think anyone's against signing Bellingham...but the priorities are ❤️❤️❤️❤️ right now. As Alex said, it's almost a "save face" type signing so they can just say they got one in
  • Southgatology
    1486 posts Professional

He might be, but it’s incredibly annoying that we would spent 30m supposedly today for a player who wouldn’t touch the first team in at least 3 years. I highly highly doubt he’s in our first team next year, he’d almost definitely be loaned out...while we are incredibly desperate for players NOW it’s almost a slap in the face really.

3 years is an outrageous overstatement. We have Williams and Greenwood as established first team players already. Bellingham could easily make our squad next year imo.

But agree we absolutely need players now. We need Bruno ASAP.
  • Tornado31619
    19601 posts World Class
    You know what, just tell them to ❤️❤️❤️❤️ off. Sick and tired of their ❤️❤️❤️❤️, just go all out for Cavani instead. Who knows, maybe then they'll panic.