The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC & console, this includes the changes listed here.

Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• Keano
    15398 posts World Class
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Apollo wrote: »
    BBC reporting that we aren’t willing to pay the £68 million that Sporting want.

I’m surprised that none of our managers have walked since Woodward was appointed.

I like that stance though, for once you won't be held to ransom. Bruno isn't guaranteed to set the premier league on fire. Getting someone like Maddison in the summer for less than 70m would be better than getting Bruno for that price imo.

Yeah, like that’s actually going to happen. Maguire went for £85m. We’re talking Coutinho money for Maddison.
    City spend a lot of money across the board but are never held to ransom in terms of fee's, they have never spent more than 60/65m on a single footballer. United adopting that thought process would be good to see.

City spent £70m on Mahrez for him to play second fiddle to Sané (until Sané was dropped). They spent the equivalent of another £60 on Cancelo, a bench-warmer. They spent £50m on Stones, who has been nothing but a laughing stock at the back.

Heck, even you guys paid £70m for Pepe, who was a massive gamble. But you needed a winger as much as we need a 10. Are you telling me that we shouldn’t take a similar risk with Fernandes?

Mahrez was 60m. My point still stands, Mahrez has been excellent for City on the whole, he also doesn't play the same side as Sane. I can see why your board are being tentative spending 68m on a Portuguese league player, would make sense spending 40m on Soumare and then going in for Maddison next summer. No way he's Coutinho money either, maximum of 80m.

The club want both. :joy: Considering you clearly haven't been following United news (unsurprisingly as you're an Arsenal fan), take the word from people who have been following United transfer reports all window. Ole wants Bruno now and one of Maddison/Grealish in the summer.

From a logical point of view getting Bruno and Maddison is pointless and something I don't think you'll do. Think about it, you aren't going to play Bruno deep, if you do its a complete waste. You'll sign one of them and then a deeper CM in the summer. Or vice versa.

We've discussed it in the thread multiple times and I have no intention of going there again. I'm simply informing you as you've been banned of what so many reports have stated this window.

Reports are great and good to create conversation. But you have to be more logical with the majority of reports.

Ive said before for me personally its not ideal to sign bruno and maddison/grealish but bruno can play the roaming playmaker role /more b2b as he has done half of his games this season, the other half have been at number 10, but due to it being 50/50 on playing deeper, it may not be his best role/position but the 4231 we use doesnt use his best role/position, we could play both just in certain games, teams that sit further back, obviously wouldnt play both vs the top 6 teams.
  • Pietu
    5969 posts Big Money Move
    Oh how I've missed you! @TakeItSlow
  • UM4R
    4287 posts Moderator
    Bruno now Grealish in the summer who has already said he favours the no 8 role
  • Sellish
    10025 posts Has That Special Something

It's a weird one.
  • Southgatology
    1549 posts Play-Off Hero
    Back 2 minutes and already talking **** 😅 how about listen to them people who actually follow the club?
  • Sellish
    edited January 18

I’m surprised that none of our managers have walked since Woodward was appointed.

I like that stance though, for once you won't be held to ransom. Bruno isn't guaranteed to set the premier league on fire. Getting someone like Maddison in the summer for less than 70m would be better than getting Bruno for that price imo.

Yeah, like that’s actually going to happen. Maguire went for £85m. We’re talking Coutinho money for Maddison.
    City spend a lot of money across the board but are never held to ransom in terms of fee's, they have never spent more than 60/65m on a single footballer. United adopting that thought process would be good to see.

City spent £70m on Mahrez for him to play second fiddle to Sané (until Sané was dropped). They spent the equivalent of another £60 on Cancelo, a bench-warmer. They spent £50m on Stones, who has been nothing but a laughing stock at the back.

Heck, even you guys paid £70m for Pepe, who was a massive gamble. But you needed a winger as much as we need a 10. Are you telling me that we shouldn’t take a similar risk with Fernandes?

Mahrez was 60m. My point still stands, Mahrez has been excellent for City on the whole, he also doesn't play the same side as Sane. I can see why your board are being tentative spending 68m on a Portuguese league player, would make sense spending 40m on Soumare and then going in for Maddison next summer. No way he's Coutinho money either, maximum of 80m.

The club want both. :joy: Considering you clearly haven't been following United news (unsurprisingly as you're an Arsenal fan), take the word from people who have been following United transfer reports all window. Ole wants Bruno now and one of Maddison/Grealish in the summer.

From a logical point of view getting Bruno and Maddison is pointless and something I don't think you'll do. Think about it, you aren't going to play Bruno deep, if you do its a complete waste. You'll sign one of them and then a deeper CM in the summer. Or vice versa.

We've discussed it in the thread multiple times and I have no intention of going there again. I'm simply informing you as you've been banned of what so many reports have stated this window.

Reports are great and good to create conversation. But you have to be more logical with the majority of reports.
    but clearly you're picking up from where you left off of spending most of the time talking about United.

11.51 he posted in the United thread with a meme trying to make a big deal that he is back.
    11.52 he posted a "oh and hi" in the Arsenal thread.

The obsession is back :joy:
    Post edited by Sellish on
  • Sellish
    Curious how we will line up at Liverpool.

Think we're going the regular 4atb.
    Greenwood ST and Martial LW or James LW and Greenwood RW?

Assuming Rashy isn't fit.
  • Apollo
    18536 posts World Class
    Sellish wrote: »

If we do go 4atb, I think Ole will go James LW, Greenwood RW if Rashford isn't fit, I don't think he'll want to put Greenwood directly up against Van Dijk so will keep Martial upfront.
  • Sellish

If we do go 4atb, I think Ole will go James LW, Greenwood RW if Rashford isn't fit, I don't think he'll want to put Greenwood directly up against Van Dijk so will keep Martial upfront.

I think this is most likely but personally I believe DJ is better at RW.
    Where he can put the crosses in.
  • Southgatology
    1549 posts Play-Off Hero

but clearly you're picking up from where you left off of spending most of the time talking about United.

11.51 he posted in a United thread with a meme trying to make a big deal that he is back.

100% closet United fan
  • Kman
    3169 posts National Call-Up

11.51 he posted in the United thread with a meme trying to make a big deal that he is back.

Haha no one reacted to the gif/meme at all

• Kellnerr
    3232 posts National Call-Up
    Pietu wrote: »
    Oh how I've missed you! @TakeItSlow

said no one ever
  • Apollo
    18536 posts World Class
    edited January 18

The Athletic confirming the BBC reports, Sky have got it majorly wrong then, yet again
  • Sellish
    edited January 18
    70-80m for Bruno is a lot tbh.
  • MorroWtje
    5257 posts Big Money Move
    Sarr and Deulofeu are absolutely storming past the spurs fullbacks, really good 0-0 tbh. think it shows the difference when you've got 2 quick strong wingers willing to take people on
  • Apollo
    18536 posts World Class
    70-80m for Bruno is a lot tbh.

Yeah €80m is definitely too much. Sporting need the money, we're the only club in for him, they need to come down in their valuation.
  • Southgatology
    1549 posts Play-Off Hero
    Sounds like sporting are just trying their luck tbh. Expect them to agree eventually.
  • Ahmer50x
    22025 posts Club Captain
    Sounds like sporting are just trying their luck tbh. Expect them to agree eventually.

Like Maguire, I think we’ll cave by the end of the window
  • Ahmer50x
    22025 posts Club Captain

Ffs we’re being just as unreasonable as Sporting
  • MorroWtje
    5257 posts Big Money Move
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

unreal innit that one of the biggest most profitable clubs in the world watching city and liverpool make huge signing after signing are haggling over pennies for a club that's been dissapointing for 6 years in dire need of a rebuild
  • Apollo
    18536 posts World Class
    edited January 18
    We've put in a stupid bid, Sporting want a ridiculous fee. Can both sides just stop messing about and meet in the middle.

They get the money they desperately need, we get the player we desperately need. Win win.
  • Ahmer50x
    22025 posts Club Captain
    MorroWtje wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

unreal innit that one of the biggest most profitable clubs in the world watching city and liverpool make huge signing after signing are haggling over pennies for a club that's been dissapointing for 6 years in dire need of a rebuild

I don’t mind not wanting to overpay but we’re actively trying to underpay. 39m is a joke.
  • Apollo
    18536 posts World Class
    Spurs dropped 2 points, decent start to the weekend for us.
  • TakeItSlow
    8726 posts League Winner
    Back 2 minutes and already talking **** 😅 how about listen to them people who actually follow the club?

Saying that a club wont buy two 60m+ footballers for one position when a lot of other areas need funds isnt talking ****.

Fair play if united do, but again, just being logical.
  • Ahmer50x
    22025 posts Club Captain

Saying that a club wont buy two 60m+ footballers for one position when a lot of other areas need funds isnt talking ****.

Midfield is our major area of need.

This has been reported elsewhere too. United want Bruno now as a long term Pogba replacement and then a 10 in the summer.

I know it looks like big expense but remember that Pogba will be sold.
  • Apollo
    18536 posts World Class
    edited January 18

It is when the people who actually have sources at the club are saying that's our transfer plan to target those players. Just give it up ffs.
  • arsenalap
    7380 posts Big Money Move
    I think playing Bruno deeper will be very stupid. He can do a job but the balance of your midfield wont be right
  • Apollo
    18536 posts World Class
    arsenalap wrote: »
    I think playing Bruno deeper will be very stupid. He can do a job but the balance of your midfield wont be right

We probably won't play that way every game. It'll probably be like that against lesser teams having the two different creative options in midfield, then will change the balance for games against the bigger teams.
  • Sellish
    I agree with not overpaying for Bruno. I think he is worth 40-50m.

The problem is us not having a back up. It took us 1-2 weeks after first January for us to start to look at transfers and we locked onto Bruno and him only.