The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• Apollo
    17292 posts World Class

That's looking like the end of that then. Shame :(
  • TakeItSlow
    8294 posts League Winner
    Apollo wrote: »

Ya Raidollar pushing him towards Dortmund apparently. Leipzig probably the other club.
  • Apollo
    17292 posts World Class
    TakeItSlow wrote: »

Ya Raidollar pushing him towards Dortmund apparently. Leipzig probably the other club.

Leipzig is the other club, click on the article and it'll tell you ;)
  • TakeItSlow
    8294 posts League Winner
    TakeItSlow wrote: »

Leipzig is the other club, click on the article and it'll tell you ;)

Wow, I'm a genius ;)
  • Pietu
    4575 posts National Call-Up

Might not be that bad, you have your own young guy in Greenwood, you have Martial leading the line and I don’t believe Håland could have challenged Martial yet for the starting role. Better off signing someone experienced to teach Greenwood and Martial aswell and at the same time fighting for the starter spot.
  • Apollo
    17292 posts World Class
    Pietu wrote: »

Might not be that bad, you have your own young guy in Greenwood, you have Martial leading the line and I don’t believe Håland could have challenged Martial yet for the starting role. Better off signing someone experienced to teach Greenwood and Martial aswell and at the same time fighting for the starter spot.

Oh yeah it's not a disaster or anything, but Ole clearly wanted him and he looks like a great talent, so it's a shame that it looks like we're not going to get him. The club considered the experienced route last summer with Mandzukic, they've since changed their mind and don't want him any more so it'll be interesting to see who Ole's backup target is to Haaland now it looks like we won't be getting him.

Whatever type of striker route we take (direct competition or an experienced backup), we have to get someone in January as we're severely lacking depth in the position.
  • Pietu
    4575 posts National Call-Up

Oh yeah it's not a disaster or anything, but Ole clearly wanted him and he looks like a great talent, so it's a shame that it looks like we're not going to get him. The club considered the experienced route last summer with Mandzukic, they've since changed their mind and don't want him any more so it'll be interesting to see who Ole's backup target is to Haaland now it looks like we won't be getting him.

Whatever type of striker route we take (direct competition or an experienced backup), we have to get someone in January as we're severely lacking depth in the position.

Maybe a cheeky bid for Mertens?
  • Low Ki
    11977 posts Has That Special Something
    Might just be Raiola raising his value with a very public shopping around. More than us, Dortmund and Leipzig are looking at him.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    32436 posts National Team Captain
    Who would you rather sign, Havertz or Maddison and why?

Maddison for me. Man United fan, English, proven in the league. Although I’m not going to act like an arm chair fan and claim he’s the better player. I’ve never seen Havertz play a game. Only the standard YouTube stuff.

All of those are good reasons but I feel like the Prem proven argument gets overused just a bit, yeah it's good to be proven in the league but that doesn't change the fact that a player can still flop and I feel like sometimes people use it as an excuse to not go for the riskier/better/better talented player instead of a Prem proven player.

I can see what you’re saying but I don’t think we are in a position to take that risk at the moment. We need someone to come in and run the show at 10, Maddison has shown he can do that.

is paying 80m+ for a player who's not at all worth that much, just because he's english and "prem proven" not taking a risk?

You could pay maybe half of that for a player like Havertz.

The report that started this whole conversation off suggested that Havertz would potentially cost more than €90m, nowhere near half that. If that's right they'd be in a similar price bracket.

And having seen Maddison play on a large number of occasions, his style of play and quality, in my opinion, is exactly what we need for the position, the fact that he's done what he has done in the PL is a lesser point. He's quality.

Don't get me wrong, so is Havertz, but Maddison would be a class signing even at that price.

Fair enough, didn't see the price. Guess is price has been driven up with the hype.

Maddison for me. Man United fan, English, proven in the league. Although I’m not going to act like an arm chair fan and claim he’s the better player. I’ve never seen Havertz play a game. Only the standard YouTube stuff.

All of those are good reasons but I feel like the Prem proven argument gets overused just a bit, yeah it's good to be proven in the league but that doesn't change the fact that a player can still flop and I feel like sometimes people use it as an excuse to not go for the riskier/better/better talented player instead of a Prem proven player.

I can see what you’re saying but I don’t think we are in a position to take that risk at the moment. We need someone to come in and run the show at 10, Maddison has shown he can do that.

is paying 80m+ for a player who's not at all worth that much, just because he's english and "prem proven" not taking a risk?

You think Havertz would be available for around £40m!?

Evidently not, but he'll still 100% be cheaper than Maddison.
  • Ahmer50x
    20738 posts Club Captain
    edited December 2019

Expected to hold talks with us as well before deciding
  • Southgatology
    1120 posts Professional

The report that started this whole conversation off suggested that Havertz would potentially cost more than €90m, nowhere near half that. If that's right they'd be in a similar price bracket.

And having seen Maddison play on a large number of occasions, his style of play and quality, in my opinion, is exactly what we need for the position, the fact that he's done what he has done in the PL is a lesser point. He's quality.

Don't get me wrong, so is Havertz, but Maddison would be a class signing even at that price.

Fair enough, didn't see the price. Guess is price has been driven up with the hype.

You think Havertz would be available for around £40m!?

Evidently not, but he'll still 100% be cheaper than Maddison.

Maybe around £10m. Depending on the clubs involved, hypothetically, for that difference I’m going for Maddison.
  • Ahmer50x
    20738 posts Club Captain
    I don't think anyone expected them to sell in January in the first place
  • Apollo
    17292 posts World Class
    SDoofus wrote: »

As far as I'm aware, no one at all in here expected Maddison to join in January. It'd be in the summer if he joined.
  • Pxul_
    8577 posts League Winner
    That would’ve fit the chelsea thread as they want Chillwell in January I think
  • El_Nino
    4118 posts National Call-Up
    Pxul_ wrote: »

We want Chilwell but no one expects it to be a Jan transfer. I have no issue waiting for summer to get him personally
  • Pxul_
    8577 posts League Winner
    El_Nino wrote: »

We want Chilwell but no one expects it to be a Jan transfer. I have no issue waiting for summer to get him personally

I don’t think he stays at Leicester next year if you guys get CL and franks still in charge.
  • wth22
    10809 posts Has That Special Something
    El_Nino wrote: »

I don’t think he stays at Leicester next year if you guys get CL and franks still in charge.

Even if not. Kante made the same move after a season Leicester won the title and Chelsea finished 10th.
  • Apollo
    17292 posts World Class
    edited December 2019
    Anyone know if Levitt is injured?

Edit: apparently he is
  • Ahmer50x
    20738 posts Club Captain
    I know the smart move is for Ole to play Jones and Matic tonight but I’d honestly rather play the kids.

Both of them are done as can be in my book.
  • Southgatology
    1120 posts Professional
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    I know the smart move is for Ole to play Jones and Matic tonight but I’d honestly rather play the kids.

Both of them are done as can be in my book.

I’d rather give Carrick a game next to Garner than Matic but I think he starts tonight.
  • SDoofus
    6430 posts Big Money Move
    edited December 2019
    What's the general consensus on Pogba? Is he staying or going?

His long term injury has kind of caused him to be forgotten about.
  • Apollo
    17292 posts World Class
    edited December 2019

I think he'll go, whether in January or the summer I don't know but I can't see him being here at the start of next season imo.
  • wth22
    10809 posts Has That Special Something

I don't think he will leave in January (since the potential replacements will likely be unavailable/complete ripoffs), probably at the end of the season. I think most fans are fine with him leaving for the right price, as long as we get the appropriate replacements.

The issue could be the same as this summer - no one actually wants to make a serious offer for him, more so now our hand is even weaker.

Hopefully he can be bothered enough to have a strong 2nd half to the season to put himself in the shop window. Looking at you, PSG/Real.
  • Southgatology
    1120 posts Professional
    edited December 2019

Gone at the end of the season, no doubt about it.
  • Sellish
    9784 posts League Winner
    Disgusting to see Matic in that squad. I just want him gone.
    Put him on the same seat as Pogba and ship them away asap.
  • Retro_G
    31169 posts National Team Captain
    Look at these stats lads, seen it on sky sports this morning, very impressive...

Smart-Select-20191212-143407-You-Tube.jpg