The Ligue 1 POTM SBC has temporarily taken down & will return at a later time, updates to follow today PST on this FIFA Direct twitter thread. Forum thread discussing the issue is here.

Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• Ahmer50x
    20800 posts Club Captain
    finsfan85 wrote: »
    Apollo wrote: »
    WryLucky wrote: »
    How do you guys feel about Ajax in the Europa League?

If we win tomorrow we finish top of the group and I think I'm right in saying that that means you can't be drawn against teams who drop down from the CL in the next round? So it's not a possibility for the next round if that's right.

As for the rounds after, if you want to win the competition you'll have to play them at some point so if we have to play one of the CL teams eventually then so be it.

But that’s IF you win Thursday. Was there not talk of resting some players for tomorrow’s match?

We didn't top the group under Jose either.

Not terribly worried. If anything, we benefit from facing better opposition tbh
  • Southgatology
    1154 posts Professional
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

I know this guy is connected by my word is he a bit strange.
  • finsfan85
    13006 posts Has That Special Something
    Genuine question, why are Chelsea fans so interested in our Europa league match two days before it happens? Not trying to suggest you're trying to troll or anything, actually wondering.

We won't be playing our first team but we won't be fielding a team like we did in Astana. Fully expecting to win on Thursday so we wouldn't face these teams being mentioned until at least the round after if we do win.

You stated that United would win and wouldn’t have to face any of the clubs dropping from the CL. Only reason it was mentioned.
  • WryLucky
    2029 posts Fans' Favourite
    Genuine question, why are Chelsea fans so interested in our Europa league match two days before it happens? Not trying to suggest you're trying to troll or anything, actually wondering.

We won't be playing our first team but we won't be fielding a team like we did in Astana. Fully expecting to win on Thursday so we wouldn't face these teams being mentioned until at least the round after if we do win.

I'm only interested in who you'll probably face later.
  • Apollo
    17336 posts World Class

You stated that United would win and wouldn’t have to face any of the clubs dropping from the CL. Only reason it was mentioned.

I started my post with if we win. I didn't keep repeating the if throughout it because I started with it. Its not guaranteed obviously but I expect we will win. Just my opinion.
  • Keano
    14855 posts Has That Special Something
    Genuine question, why are Chelsea fans so interested in our Europa league match two days before it happens?

giphy.gif

I'll state the obvious since it needed to be asked.

• Ahmer50x
    20800 posts Club Captain
    @Keano @Apollo Stop being so sensitive. Nobody did anything wrong. They're allowed to talk about United ffs :joy:
  • Keano
    @Keano @Apollo Stop being so sensitive. Nobody did anything wrong. They're allowed to talk about United ffs :joy:

giphy.gif
  • Apollo
    17336 posts World Class
    edited December 2019

Eh? I call people out on trolling all the time, I wasn't here at all. I was actually asking a question

You've definitely misjudged the situation here, Ahmer.
  • Ahmer50x
    20800 posts Club Captain

Eh? I call people out on trolling all the time, I wasn't here at all. I was actually asking a question

You've definitely misjudged the situation here, Ahmer.

Seems I misread your guys’ intent. It just came across differently to me. My bad!
  • Apollo
    17336 posts World Class
    Who do you think starts at LB on Thursday and who do you think should?

I think Williams will, sadly, but I'd rather Shaw or Young play this game. Williams is our best attacking LB so it'd be helpful to have him against Everton if they sit deep for the overloads with Rashford against them.
  • Tornado31619
    18951 posts World Class
    Shaw. Forget about Young.
  • Keano
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif[IMG][/img]
  • Apollo
    17336 posts World Class
    Shaw. Forget about Young.

That doesn't really answer my question. Is that you want Shaw to start? Or you think he will start? Or both?
  • finsfan85
    Seems Keano just discovered GIFs today
  • Keano
    edited December 2019
    Seems Keano just discovered GIFs today

giphy.gif
    Ofcourse you do, you have it bookmarked
  • Apollo
    17336 posts World Class
    edited December 2019
    Smudge wrote: »

I don't blame Shaw for that after the **** show before Lukaku left when Lukaku leaked that training data. Good for Shaw :D
  • Keano
    Smudge wrote: »

That's my boy (I'll keep replying in gifs as it'll get me into less drama/trouble than saying my proper opinions) :D

giphy.gif
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    32459 posts National Team Captain
    Pietu wrote: »
    wth22 wrote: »
    Hopefully Dortmund come down to the EL so Sancho becomes a bigger possibility

I want them to come down because Conte scares me

As you should. One of the best managers in the world. Would be a hard match definitely

Especially given Conte’s style of play. It’s exactly what United struggle with. Would love to see Lukaku’s revenge.

Lukaku played a huge part in why they failed to win today :lol:
  • XxRichiexRichxX

The disrespect to Cage is real.
  • finsfan85

As you should. One of the best managers in the world. Would be a hard match definitely

Especially given Conte’s style of play. It’s exactly what United struggle with. Would love to see Lukaku’s revenge.

And he wouldn’t be up to playing United?
  • Ahmer50x
    20800 posts Club Captain
    Savage from Shaw that :lol:
  • wth22
    10842 posts Has That Special Something

Yeah he was always reknowned for being up for big occasions and big teams
  • XxRichiexRichxX

I didn't say that. I just pointed out the fact that they'd still be in the UCL if it wasn't for Lukaku.

And honestly, I'm more worried about Martinez than I am Lukaku.

I'm sure that'll come back and bite me should we play, but it's the truth at the moment.
  • finsfan85

I didn't say that. I just pointed out the fact that they'd still be in the UCL if it wasn't for Lukaku.

I'm sure that'll come back and bite me should we play, but it's the truth at the moment.

Lukaku has 10 goals in the league. Lautaro has 8. Seems you should be worried about both.
  • forearms
    5031 posts Big Money Move

Friendly reminder that he had a brace in that PSG match. But for the most part that is true.
  • XxRichiexRichxX

Lukaku has 10 goals in the league. Lautaro has 8. Seems you should be worried about both.

That's great... Lautaro is still the bigger threat imo.... and he's definitely been the better of the two in UCL this season despite Lukaku having 1 more goal.

Martinez was easily the better of the two today.
  • wth22
    10842 posts Has That Special Something
    forearms wrote: »

Friendly reminder that he had a brace in that PSG match. But for the most part that is true.

Both gifted goals to be fair
  • forearms
    5031 posts Big Money Move
    forearms wrote: »

Both gifted goals to be fair

The first he read the back pass, outpaced the defender for the interception, rounded the keeper and scored. The second he followed the shot and scored the rebound, something not many of our current attackers do. He got himself into position to take advantage of both those mistakes.

He wasnt the right player for United, and I'm fine with him being moved on. But I will always be appreciative for his contribution on that memorable night.