The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on Console & PC and includes the changes listed here.

Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• Ahmer50x
    20780 posts Club Captain
    edited December 2019
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

:blush:

50m down the drain
    Wan Bissaka blocks again

Apparenty nobody has passed him in training since he signed 😂 the lad is just a pure wall, still needs to improve going forward but there's loads of time for that

He's already been improving. When he first joined, he was overlapping but reluctant to cross. Always would play it back inside.

Now he's crossing into good areas that our strikers aren't in.

Eventually, either he'll start crossing directly to our forwards or our forwards will make better runs and the assists will start to flow too. Never gonna be TAA but that's partly down to systems as well.

Likewise, TAA will never tackle like AWB.
  • Apollo
    17321 posts World Class

:blush:

50m down the drain
    Wan Bissaka blocks again

Apparenty nobody has passed him in training since he signed 😂 the lad is just a pure wall, still needs to improve going forward but there's loads of time for that

He's already been improving. When he first joined, he was overlapping but reluctant to cross. Always would play it back inside.

Now he's crossing into good areas that our strikers aren't in.

Eventually, either he'll start crossing directly to our forwards or our forwards will make better runs and the assists will start to flow too. Never gonna be TAA but that's partly down to systems as well.

Likewise, TAA will never tackle like AWB.

Spot on. He's definitely improved in the attacking aspect of his game, he's clearly better at it than when he joined and has obviously been working on it. Still work to do but he's on the right track.
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    13984 posts Has That Special Something
    @Ahmer50x definetly mate, you can see he's putting the work in, once we get a solid RW in front of him like sancho etc I think he'll improve further
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    32451 posts National Team Captain
    Looks like Womby is potentially getting that relegation battle he’s hoping for.
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    Do do do.... Let's all laugh at arsenal 🎶
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Spoke too soon :lol:
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    Spoke too soon :lol:

😂😂 As per.... Great finish, pepe finally decides to show up hahaha
  • Keano
    14830 posts Has That Special Something
    Trust it to be West Ham to let everyone in the league down 😴

• P1tch_1nvaderz88
    Aaaand now its 3-1 arsenal 😂😂 christ West ham are terrible...
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    OTW Pepe FINALLY has some value
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    😂😂

FB-IMG-1575927332885.jpg
  • El_Nino
    4128 posts National Call-Up
    edited December 2019
    Apollo wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Has McMayo been good or is he just good because of the severely poor level of your midfield? I see nothing in him.

Not our fault that your blind!

I don't see a top 4 midfielder in him, but I guess you're below that level atm so it makes sense.

"Don't see a top 4 midfielder"

That is absolutely irrelevant considering you play a counter attacking style. The bloke is distinctly average, doesn't even get into our midfield. Doesn't get close to Liverpool, City, Chelsea or Leicesters midfield. That to me isn't a top 4 level midfielder.

@El_Nino

God damn @TakeItSlow why you gotta ruin yourself every known and again? 😂

McT has to be one of the most criminally underrated players in the prem. He 100% walks into the Arsenal midfield, and although he might not get into other midfields you’ve got to consider the quality at CDM in the prem right now, Kante>Fabinho>Ndidi have to be the top 3, and they’re either world class players or potential world class in Ndidi’s case.
    I’d have McT at Chelsea in a heartbeat, all be it not starting but that’s hardly easy to do ahead of Kante.

I’d take him over Rodri at City any day aswell.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    El_Nino wrote: »
    Has McMayo been good or is he just good because of the severely poor level of your midfield? I see nothing in him.

I don't see a top 4 midfielder in him, but I guess you're below that level atm so it makes sense.

That is absolutely irrelevant considering you play a counter attacking style. The bloke is distinctly average, doesn't even get into our midfield. Doesn't get close to Liverpool, City, Chelsea or Leicesters midfield. That to me isn't a top 4 level midfielder.

@El_Nino

McT has to be one of the most criminally underrated players in the prem. He 100% walks into the Arsenal midfield, and although he might not get into other midfields you’ve got to consider the quality at CDM in the prem right now, Kante>Fabinho>Ndidi have to be the top 3, and they’re either world class players or potential world class in Ndidi’s case.
    I’d have McT at Chelsea in a heartbeat, all be it not starting but that’s hardly easy to do ahead of Kante.

Definitely disagree with that.
  • Ahmer50x
    20780 posts Club Captain

@El_Nino

Yeah, McT is probably the 4th best CDM in the division atm

Obviously Rodri needs time to adapt and City probably expect him to exceed McT soon but as of now, no chance.
  • El_Nino

@El_Nino

Don’t rate Rodri that highly tbh, looks like a luxury CDM, more a ball player than an actually defensively aware player.
  • XxRichiexRichxX

@El_Nino

Don’t rate Rodri that highly tbh, looks like a luxury CDM, more a ball player than an actually defensively aware player.

Oh yeah he's definitely a deep lying play maker rather than a CDM
  • El_Nino

@El_Nino

In another team maybe, but in City’s team he’s they’re defensive mid, and his positional play and general defensive awareness is terrible, I get why Pep wanted him, but I’d personally take McT anyday as I’m comparing CDMs
  • XxRichiexRichxX

@El_Nino

In another team maybe, but in City’s team he’s they’re defensive mid, and his positional play and general defensive awareness is terrible, I get why Pep wanted him, but I’d personally take McT anyday as I’m comparing CDMs

Well tbf, City are definitely more used to pinning teams back, obviously this season they are struggling more than usual, so sure he's struggled and it doesn't help that there's not really been any good defensive support around him. But in the games where City have been able to pin teams back and play their game, he's definitely been one of their best players imo
  • El_Nino

@El_Nino

Well tbf, City are definitely more used to pinning teams back, obviously this season they are struggling more than usual, so sure he's struggled and it doesn't help that there's not really been any good defensive support around him. But in the games where City have been able to pin teams back and play their game, he's definitely been one of their best players imo

But that’s the thing, the games were city pin the opposition back they might as well have D.Silva playing there, the only times Rodri excels are when he doesn’t have to defend, he basically just isn’t a CDM
  • arsenalap
    6761 posts Big Money Move
    edited December 2019

@El_Nino

You were doing okay until the last line.

Last line is absolute rubbish :D

Rodris had some poor games but he is adjusting still. His good games have been incredible.
  • SDoofus
    6430 posts Big Money Move
    Rodri has the massive handicap of being sooo slow.
  • TakeItSlow
    8350 posts League Winner
    edited December 2019
    SDoofus wrote: »
    Rodri has the massive handicap of being sooo slow.

Rodri kind of reminds me of a polished version of Xhaka.

However its really difficult to polish a poop so :joy::joy:
  • Ahmer50x
    20780 posts Club Captain
    Erling Braut Haaland is undoubtedly part of that plan. Solskjaer has known Haaland since he was eight and signed him for Molde in February 2017. In Solskjaer’s final season in Norway, Haaland finished as Molde’s top scorer with 16 goals in 30 matches. His record for RB Salzburg stands at 28 goals in 21 games, including eight in five in the Champions League.

The agent The Athletic spoke to suggested this phenomenal streak may actually hasten an exit. “It is slightly different in Europe, where clubs halfway through a season might decide to cash in now on a talent who is tearing it up,” he said. “Any drop off in the second half of the campaign might lower the value.”

It appears Salzburg are open to talking, and an alleged €20 million (£17 million) release clause might mean matters are out of their hands anyway. But there is a complication. The Athletic has learned that Haaland’s agent, Mino Raiola, is advocating the 19-year-old moves first to another European club before potentially signing for United or another top side a season or two further down the line.

Haaland would undoubtedly be a first-team regular at Old Trafford — those crosses by Dan James that can flash across the six-yard box would have a kindred spirit — but the financial implications for an intermediary of a stepping-stone switch are obvious and Raiola is a master operator. If Solskjaer wants Haaland in January it will be up to Woodward to find a solution.

James Maddison is another player who has long been tracked by United and is primary among their thoughts, The Athletic understands. A creative No 10 who covers ground is exactly what United have missed, particularly against deep defences where space is tight.

Yet Maddison is also in advanced talks with Leicester over a new contract and it is expected he will agree terms raising his weekly wage from £50,000 to somewhere in the region of £85,000. That would finish any ambitions United have for a January move but should not dissuade interest in future.

Under his current deal Maddison is committed until 2023 and Leicester, it is believed, would already demand at least £100 million. So an extended contract could not increase the price too much; it is more a reward for his consistently excellent form in the Premier League. Whether Maddison would want to leave a club who are on course to qualify for the Champions League is another matter to debate, of course.

Woodward needs to tell Raiola to back off on Haaland and let him come here and in exchange promise Pogba can leave as soon as somebody bids 100m.
  • Retro_G
    31176 posts National Team Captain
    Erling Braut Haaland is undoubtedly part of that plan. Solskjaer has known Haaland since he was eight and signed him for Molde in February 2017. In Solskjaer’s final season in Norway, Haaland finished as Molde’s top scorer with 16 goals in 30 matches. His record for RB Salzburg stands at 28 goals in 21 games, including eight in five in the Champions League.

The agent The Athletic spoke to suggested this phenomenal streak may actually hasten an exit. “It is slightly different in Europe, where clubs halfway through a season might decide to cash in now on a talent who is tearing it up,” he said. “Any drop off in the second half of the campaign might lower the value.”

It appears Salzburg are open to talking, and an alleged €20 million (£17 million) release clause might mean matters are out of their hands anyway. But there is a complication. The Athletic has learned that Haaland’s agent, Mino Raiola, is advocating the 19-year-old moves first to another European club before potentially signing for United or another top side a season or two further down the line.

Haaland would undoubtedly be a first-team regular at Old Trafford — those crosses by Dan James that can flash across the six-yard box would have a kindred spirit — but the financial implications for an intermediary of a stepping-stone switch are obvious and Raiola is a master operator. If Solskjaer wants Haaland in January it will be up to Woodward to find a solution.

James Maddison is another player who has long been tracked by United and is primary among their thoughts, The Athletic understands. A creative No 10 who covers ground is exactly what United have missed, particularly against deep defences where space is tight.

Yet Maddison is also in advanced talks with Leicester over a new contract and it is expected he will agree terms raising his weekly wage from £50,000 to somewhere in the region of £85,000. That would finish any ambitions United have for a January move but should not dissuade interest in future.

Under his current deal Maddison is committed until 2023 and Leicester, it is believed, would already demand at least £100 million. So an extended contract could not increase the price too much; it is more a reward for his consistently excellent form in the Premier League. Whether Maddison would want to leave a club who are on course to qualify for the Champions League is another matter to debate, of course.

Woodward needs to tell Raiola to back off on Haaland and let him come here and in exchange promise Pogba can leave as soon as somebody bids 100m.

Ole should get on the phone to Haaland, convince him to sign, shouldn't be that hard if he knows the lad personally. That greedy pig is doing what's best for him, not the player.
  • TakeItSlow
    8350 posts League Winner
    I think Haaland is an Ibrahimovic level talent. Huge coup if you can get him.
  • Apollo
    17321 posts World Class

Having Ole should definitely help with that you'd think.
  • TakeItSlow
    8350 posts League Winner

Having Ole should definitely help with that you'd think.

Of course. Although if I were in his shoes I'd probably join Leipzig first.