The issue impacting players who are attempting to access FUT via the apps and console should now be resolved.

Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• Ahmer50x
    20796 posts Club Captain
    SDoofus wrote: »
    Nice to see Retro_G replicating the “we are the most feared team in Europe” posts last season, as if that went well.

It's the same 3 people who seem to flip between "we're in a relegation battle" and "we can challenge for honors" depending on the result of the week. Rest of us know we're a long way off the top and are just hoping to develop a foundation to build on in future transfer windows/seasons.
  • Retro_G
    31179 posts National Team Captain
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Nice to see Retro_G replicating the “we are the most feared team in Europe” posts last season, as if that went well.

It's the same 3 people who seem to flip between "we're in a relegation battle" and "we can challenge for honors" depending on the result of the week. Rest of us know we're a long way off the top and are just hoping to develop a foundation to build on in future transfer windows/seasons.

I never said we are anywhere near the top of the table, know that's going to take time, but a good cup run and a trophy is a real possibility, especially with how good we are set-up against the big teams. Don't you fancy our chances in the league cup?
  • Ahmer50x
    20796 posts Club Captain
    Retro_G wrote: »

I never said we are anywhere near the top of the table, know that's going to take time, but a good cup run and a trophy is a real possibility, especially with how good we are set-up against the big teams. Don't you fancy our chances in the league cup?

That wasn't specifically targeted at you. It was more me venting at doubters in general so I kind of blended what everyone had said over the past months.

Personally, I think we've got a good shot at the Europa League and League Cup this season + are competitive for top 4.

I'm not saying we'll achieve all of those things, or even any of them, but we've given ourselves a shot going into the second half of the season.

I'd be over the moon with a 4th place finish and winning the EFL Cup this season.
  • wth22
    10840 posts Has That Special Something

I think it's just the one person who thinks we can challenge for honors :lol:
  • wth22

That wasn't specifically targeted at you. It was more me venting at doubters in general so I kind of blended what everyone had said over the past months.

Personally, I think we've got a good shot at the Europa League and League Cup this season + are competitive for top 4.

I'm not saying we'll achieve all of those things, or even any of them, but we've given ourselves a shot going into the second half of the season.

I'd be over the moon with a 4th place finish and winning the EFL Cup this season.

I'd be over the moon with just 4th or winning the EL. Think we have more of a chance at the EL than 4th though.
  • Apollo
    17335 posts World Class
    Chelsea lost,
    Wolves dropped 2 points,
    City lost,
    Arsenal still to come so they could drop points as well.

Including City because they're vulnerable at the moment with their defensive problems.

Obviously a great win for us yesterday but it's been a good week for us with regards to our rivals results too.

Arsenal play City and Spurs play Wolves next week; Spurs play Chelsea and City play Leicester the week after. We've got a great chance to close the gap further on some of our rivals in the next couple of weeks and extend the gap to those behind. Need to make sure we don't slip up and miss the opportunity.
  • Ahmer50x
    20796 posts Club Captain
    Apollo wrote: »
    Chelsea lost,
    Wolves dropped 2 points,
    City lost,

Including City because they're vulnerable at the moment with their defensive problems.

Obviously a great win for us yesterday but it's been a good week for us with regards to our rivals results too.

Arsenal play City and Spurs play Wolves next week; Spurs play Chelsea and City play Leicester the week after. We've got a great chance to close the gap further on some of our rivals in the next couple of weeks and extend the gap to those behind. Need to make sure we don't slip up and miss the opportunity.

Next 3 matches are at home: Alkmaar, Everton, and Colchester.

I personally can very easily see us dropping points against Everton but am confident for the other two.

If we can somehow string together 5 wins in a row, that'd be such a morale boost.

Agree with you on City. They're vulnerable for now. The issue is they'll probably go and spend 100m in January on defenders just to lock down 3rd :lol:
  • wth22
    Ending the week in 5th o:)
  • Keano
    14840 posts Has That Special Something
    Apollo wrote: »
    Chelsea lost,
    Wolves dropped 2 points,
    City lost,

Next 3 matches are at home: Alkmaar, Everton, and Colchester.

I personally can very easily see us dropping points against Everton but am confident for the other two.

If we can somehow string together 5 wins in a row, that'd be such a morale boost.

Agree with you on City. They're vulnerable for now. The issue is they'll probably go and spend 100m in January on defenders just to lock down 3rd :lol:

You'd expect us to rest a fair few vs Alkmaar & Colchester, so they should be fully rested & ready for Everton.
  • Southgatology
    1154 posts Professional
    wth22 wrote: »
    Ending the week in 5th o:)

Not many would’ve predicted that!
  • Sellish
    9803 posts League Winner
    I would love a title this season. Would be a great first season achievement for Ole.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    32453 posts National Team Captain
    forearms wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Shshj wrote: »
    Rugby wrote: »
    If We played like yesterday all year we'd win the league
    great win yesterday

If my grandmother had wheels she would be a bike

If my auntie had an appendage she'd be my uncle.

What a ridiculous statement. United are doing a Wolves ting because they're a counter attacking team, brilliant win but ole has nothing against the small sides, which is ultimately where they come unstuck.

Big game team, set up for trophies. We just need to qualify for the Champions League and we could go all the way next season with how effective we're at getting results against big teams.

Please stop. This is the main problem with some of you in here, you can't win a couple of games and proclaim you're now going to win the CL and league. It's a bit of a joke.

Ole is still pretty inept in managerial terms he just uses his current tools well and counters big sides, which like I keep saying is something wolves do. Don't get ahead of yourself.

We all know Ole, the team has to improve against the lesser teams, but when it comes to playing the big teams, we strike fear into the opposition. We're the only team to take points off Liverpool, we should've won that game. Nothing but impressive results against the big teams. We add a bit more creativity into the side in January, we could go on a big winstreak, we're capable of winning a trophy or two this season.

From Ole out to winning a trophy or two this season, never change.

Things change quickly in football. I'm still sceptical Ole can get results against the lesser teams, but my opinion will quickly change if he puts a good run together in the coming weeks.

Pogba is coming back, with how well Fred, McT have been doing, he has a fine three to play the 4-3-3. It's the formation I believe we should be using against the lesser teams, if Ole persist we our current formation. Pogba has the ability to play in the hole, things are looking up. Your beloved Arsenal could be dragged into a relegation battle. :joy:

It looks like he hasn't even had to put a proper run together to get your backing pal :lol:

Rather be fighting for relegation than top 4 least its something different.

🤣🤣🤣
    This must be a parody account.

It's Wombraider... he is a parody. It's actually hilarious how often his predictions turn out wrong. This is him probably flipping it and testing it out :lol:
  • Keano
    forearms wrote: »
    Shshj wrote: »
    Rugby wrote: »
    If We played like yesterday all year we'd win the league
    great win yesterday

If my grandmother had wheels she would be a bike

If my auntie had an appendage she'd be my uncle.

What a ridiculous statement. United are doing a Wolves ting because they're a counter attacking team, brilliant win but ole has nothing against the small sides, which is ultimately where they come unstuck.

Big game team, set up for trophies. We just need to qualify for the Champions League and we could go all the way next season with how effective we're at getting results against big teams.

Please stop. This is the main problem with some of you in here, you can't win a couple of games and proclaim you're now going to win the CL and league. It's a bit of a joke.

Ole is still pretty inept in managerial terms he just uses his current tools well and counters big sides, which like I keep saying is something wolves do. Don't get ahead of yourself.

We all know Ole, the team has to improve against the lesser teams, but when it comes to playing the big teams, we strike fear into the opposition. We're the only team to take points off Liverpool, we should've won that game. Nothing but impressive results against the big teams. We add a bit more creativity into the side in January, we could go on a big winstreak, we're capable of winning a trophy or two this season.

From Ole out to winning a trophy or two this season, never change.

Things change quickly in football. I'm still sceptical Ole can get results against the lesser teams, but my opinion will quickly change if he puts a good run together in the coming weeks.

Pogba is coming back, with how well Fred, McT have been doing, he has a fine three to play the 4-3-3. It's the formation I believe we should be using against the lesser teams, if Ole persist we our current formation. Pogba has the ability to play in the hole, things are looking up. Your beloved Arsenal could be dragged into a relegation battle. :joy:

It looks like he hasn't even had to put a proper run together to get your backing pal :lol:

Rather be fighting for relegation than top 4 least its something different.

🤣🤣🤣
    This must be a parody account.

It's Wombraider... he is a parody. It's actually hilarious how often his predictions turn out wrong. This is him probably flipping it and testing it out :lol:

Not sure how many people in here know him for WombRaider @XxRichiexRichxX but the XBCC knows :trollface:
  • Keano

"Who's at the wheel tonight, because it's not us after these"
  • Pietu
    4626 posts National Call-Up

Just a father with his son and cousin enjoying wine
  • Sellish
    9803 posts League Winner
    Keano wrote: »

"Who's at the wheel tonight, because it's not us after these"

:D:D
  • Low Ki
    11982 posts Has That Special Something
    This is in response to the racist from the match:
  • Apollo
    17335 posts World Class
    Low Ki wrote: »
    This is in response to the racist from the match:

That doesn't surprise me. He's been arrested as well thankfully, I posted the reports of that this morning. He'll learn that there's no tolerance to racism anywhere in society. The lifetime ban from City should be imminent as well, they said they'll be issuing one.
  • SDoofus
    6430 posts Big Money Move
    Seems unfair that a fan being racist usually means they lose their job, but Suarez is making millions playing for Barcelona.
  • Tornado31619
    18951 posts World Class
    Seems unfair that a fan being racist usually means they lose their job, but Suarez is making millions playing for Barcelona.

I swear you were the one just talking about how that happened eight years ago.
  • SDoofus

I swear you were the one just talking about how that happened eight years ago.

What’s your point?
  • Tornado31619
    18951 posts World Class
    That you seem to have taken a complete U-turn on that stance.
  • wth22

I mean he did get a 10 match ban.
  • SDoofus
    That you seem to have taken a complete U-turn on that stance.

What U turn is that? You’re not clarifying yourself very well.
  • Southgatology
    1154 posts Professional

True breakout season. And this is without Pogba (minus the Chelsea assists)
  • Southgatology
    1154 posts Professional

Wow. Never seen a Liverpool fan say a bad word about Luis re that incident. Fair play to you.
  • wth22

He's also hit the woodwork 5 times (league highest), missed 2 pens and missed god knows how many sitters too while being fed by Fred and Pereira.

Could have a 30+ contribution season easily.
  • Apollo
    17335 posts World Class
    edited December 2019

He's been brilliant. Well and truly justifying Ole and most of our fans in here's faith that he could be one of the leading members of our attack. And he's now thankfully got a set position out on the left that suits him the most, he'll benefit from that continuity going forward. No more moving from the wing to upfront and back again.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    32453 posts National Team Captain
    And all comes from him being shifted back to the wing.