The Ligue 1 POTM SBC has temporarily taken down & will return at a later time, updates to follow today PST on this FIFA Direct twitter thread. Forum thread discussing the issue is here.

Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• UM4R
    4181 posts Moderator
    really good performance today, buts it's not the biggest shock. We do well against teams who come on to us and then we hit them on the counter.

Ole needs to find a system/way of playing where we can go to the clubs that will sit back and defend and leave hardly any room to run in behind. As this is what we will face 90% of the time

Only small negative is Lingaard has been part of the last 2 wins, and that is going to end up convincing people he is long term option for no 10 /good enough to be a regular starter :lol:

AWB just bosses defensively and thinl long term he will end up as a cb, just doesn't have the attacking game to help down the right, leaves James a lot to do by himself
  • Smudge
    4717 posts National Call-Up
    UM4R wrote: »
    really good performance today, buts it's not the biggest shock. We do well against teams who come on to us and then we hit them on the counter.

Ole needs to find a system/way of playing where we can go to the clubs that will sit back and defend and leave hardly any room to run in behind. As this is what we will face 90% of the time

Only small negative is Lingaard has been part of the last 2 wins, and that is going to end up convincing people he is long term option for no 10 /good enough to be a regular starter :lol:

AWB just bosses defensively and thinl long term he will end up as a cb, just doesn't have the attacking game to help down the right, leaves James a lot to do by himself

Lingard is ideal for the counter system, rubbish for breaking teams down
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    13992 posts Has That Special Something
    Kman wrote: »
    Funny how united return to winning games we expect to win... And the haters have disappeared altogether 🤔 actual laughable 😂

Great performance today by the lads, Fred has really started to show why we paid all that money for him. His workrate is fantastic, love how he and Mcsauce compliment each other. Rashford again shooting down the doubters, if he was in a Liverpool shirt, the haters would be waxing lyrical. Proud he's one of our own.

Let's be real, if city had aguero and had actually replaced kompany, maybe it would have been different today.... Who knows, all I know is that Manchester is 🔴 and I'm proud

You could say the same if we had proper 10 instead of Lingard and I love him but a high quality winger would have buried James’ chances...still think we’d have come out on top like 4/5 goals.

While I'm not Lingard's biggest fan, he played his part today. Not for a minute do I believe he's the answer moving forward but right now he's the best we have (in terms of sheer gyle for the role) I expect us to replace him however.

As for DJ, I think it all comes down to experience, it's his first season in the top flight and his numbers already show he's doing better than most expected. I think by the time next season comes, chances like todays will be taken far better. He can only improve imho.

Do we still need better players, absalutely. Was today a great result for the personell on the field... 100%
  • Low Ki
    11987 posts Has That Special Something
    Lingard is an English Anderson. The sooner we bin him for someone who can manage more than just a brief spurt of quality per season the better.
  • wth22
    10846 posts Has That Special Something
    Scenes when Ole outlasts Pep
  • wth22
    I think Lingard is okay as a second or third choice who can play across the three behind the striker, but nothing more.
  • Lingard is needed for these types of away top 6 teams. But at Home when we need to create and dictate we need a proper AM.
  • ChrisLFC
    7239 posts Big Money Move
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

Some people think Sterling is a top 10 player itw because he scored a few tap ins. :D
  • wth22
    ChrisLFC wrote: »

Some people think Sterling is a top 10 player itw because he scored a few tap ins. :D

Clearly you haven't watched Sterling in the last year and a half. He's scored goals from all over.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    32463 posts National Team Captain
    Low Ki wrote: »

Keane takes every possible chance to trash Tottenham :lol:

He's spot on in the sense that we do need to bring in a couple of experienced players primarily in the midfield and the forward imo.
  • ChrisLFC
    edited December 2019
    wth22 wrote: »

Clearly you haven't watched Sterling in the last year and a half. He's scored goals from all over.

Majority of his goals are tap ins. He's scored 4-5 goals outside the box in 2 and a half seasons

You're genuinely deluded if you think he's a top 10 player itw. Has the same amount of league goals this season as the world class Danny Ings and Danny doesn't have KDB, David Silva and Aguero gifting him goals on a plate.
  • Low Ki
    11987 posts Has That Special Something
    edited December 2019
    Getting into position for those tap ins is a skill in it's own right. If it was so easy we'd have every player in the league with huge goal tallies from tap ins.

The tap ins argument for any player is rubbish consdering the challenges a player needs to overcome to get a crack at one.
  • ChrisLFC
    edited December 2019
    Are you saying Sterling would have the same amount of goals with a Shelvey-Longstaff midfield as he would with a KDB-Silva midfield? Clearly the quality of team you're in will influence your goal tally. Unless the whole team is set up to provide you with goals like Lukaku at Everton or Benteke at Villa.

He hasn't scored in a major tournament with England yet despite playing 12-14 games. So clearly in a different system with different teammates Raheem is nowhere near as prolific as he is with Pep and City.
  • G000ner
    4523 posts National Call-Up
    Can't believe some Liverpool fans are still desperate to see Sterling fail.
  • wth22

Majority of his goals are tap ins. He's scored 4-5 goals outside the box in 2 and a half seasons

You're genuinely deluded if you think he's a top 10 player itw. Has the same amount of league goals this season as the world class Danny Ings and Danny doesn't have KDB, David Silva and Aguero gifting him goals on a plate.

Danny Ings has more league goals than Salah, does it make him better? :lol:

I think Sterling is a top 5 player in the world (best in the league). And that's a player who has played for Liverpool and Man City and I support Man Utd.
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    13992 posts Has That Special Something
    Sterling is massively overhyped imho. Kdb and others lay it on a plate for him. Yes he gets into those positions, but like others said... He barely shoots from outside the box, hell he even had several opportunities fir long range shot yesterday and I just knew he wouldn't shoot... He's so predictable

PS. Fir the record, I actually rate ings 😂
  • Southgatology
    1154 posts Professional
    Kman wrote: »
    Funny how united return to winning games we expect to win... And the haters have disappeared altogether 🤔 actual laughable 😂

Great performance today by the lads, Fred has really started to show why we paid all that money for him. His workrate is fantastic, love how he and Mcsauce compliment each other. Rashford again shooting down the doubters, if he was in a Liverpool shirt, the haters would be waxing lyrical. Proud he's one of our own.

Let's be real, if city had aguero and had actually replaced kompany, maybe it would have been different today.... Who knows, all I know is that Manchester is 🔴 and I'm proud

You could say the same if we had proper 10 instead of Lingard and I love him but a high quality winger would have buried James’ chances...still think we’d have come out on top like 4/5 goals.

Sort of agree with the James comment regarding finishing. Funny thing is though, I would’ve backed Rashford to score the James chance and James to score Rashfords chance (the one from the Fred pass he took first time).

Out on the right James biggest threat is speed and delivery, which has been very good! Playing from the left he has that cut it and and whip it far corner threat.
  • Rugby
    26 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited December 2019
    If We played like yesterday all year we'd win the league
    great win yesterday
  • SDoofus
    6430 posts Big Money Move
    Rugby wrote: »
    great win yesterday

:D
  • SDoofus

I think Sterling is a top 5 player in the world (best in the league). And that's a player who has played for Liverpool and Man City and I support Man Utd.

No chance is Sterling the best player in the League. He’s not even the best player at Man City.
  • Kellnerr
    2994 posts National Call-Up
    SDoofus wrote: »

No chance is Sterling the best player in the League. He’s not even the best player at Man City.

He's top 5 at best.
  • Apollo
    17351 posts World Class
    De Bruyne is the best player in the league. He's an absolute magician.
  • SDoofus
    edited December 2019
    De Bruyne and VVD are obvious cases of being comfortably better than Sterling.

Then you’ve got the likes of Mane, Salah, Aguero, Fernandinho (being played out of position this season, unfortunately), Kante, Kane, Robertson, B.Silva, Fabinho, etc. who aren’t worse than Sterling.
  • Tornado31619
    18953 posts World Class
    Mane is the league's best winger by a mile.
  • Shshj
    4360 posts National Call-Up
    Rugby wrote: »
    great win yesterday

If my grandmother had wheels she would be a bike