The issue impacting players who are attempting to access FUT via the apps and console should now be resolved.

Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• Apollo
    17328 posts World Class
    wth22 wrote: »
    I don't think Spurs would actually be interested in Matic? Seems like lazy baseless journalism like Willian to us. They have Ndombele, Lo Celso, Wanyama, Sissoko, Dier for the 2 positions behind the front 4 already.

He's to Mourinho what Kranjcar and co were to Harry Redknapp, it's possible ;) Terrible source though, better chance he goes to somewhere like Italy imo
  • Ahmer50x
    20785 posts Club Captain
    Yeah we know he wants out. Nobody disputes that.

Question is if he’s striking and Ole is covering it up or if he’s gonna see out the season.

Nobody expects him to be here if Real make a viable bid.
  • Sellish
    9802 posts League Winner
    He must have dropped so much in price.
    Haven't played for ages, everyone knows he is desperate to leave and his hype has gone down massively.

Not sure if any team would pay 150m for him anymore.
    Would be happy just to get the money back at this point.
  • Snugglebites
    1389 posts Professional
    Think it's a coincidence that he's not really going to be fully fit until the transfer window opens?
  • Ahmer50x
    20785 posts Club Captain
    Think it's a coincidence that he's not really going to be fully fit until the transfer window opens?

Idk i just find it weird that he'd play then strike.

If he was gonna not play, he'd have done it from the start of the season.

I think he's actually just recovering.
  • Apollo
    17328 posts World Class
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

Based on what Ole said in his presser he'll likely be on the bench. Given that, we should pick the same team as against Spurs imo. I'd prefer Shaw at LB instead of Young but I could understand picking the exact same XI considering how good a team performance it was against Spurs.
  • Tornado31619
    18940 posts World Class
    Young cannot start. We don't want to nullify City's crap LB with ours :lol:
  • Ahmer50x
    20785 posts Club Captain
    edited December 2019

Wasn't bad against Spurs.

I'd go with Shaw but not arsed either way. Mahrez/Sterling will rinse any of our LBs
  • Apollo
    17328 posts World Class

Well Williams shouldn't be starting, it could potentially destroy his confidence if you put him up against Sterling this early in his career. Need to think of his long term development. That leaves Shaw and Young. Like I say I'd prefer Shaw to start but could see why Ole might pick Young instead even if I don't agree with it.
  • Tornado31619
    18940 posts World Class
    Shaw > Young > Williams IMO.
  • Apollo
    17328 posts World Class
    Shaw > Young > Williams IMO.

For this particular game, absolutely.

After the City game and we have a decent run of fixtures:

Williams > Shaw > Young in the pecking order. Shaw's got to earn his regular starting place back, he's got no form after a long injury out
  • wth22
    10834 posts Has That Special Something

My manager putting his club before himself <3

How so? If he spends hundreds of millions on players he's not sure on and they fail that looks bad on him too?

I see what you'te saying, but I don't see how he's putting the club before himself when his fate is parallel with the club's.
  • Ahmer50x
    20785 posts Club Captain

My manager putting his club before himself <3

How so? If he spends hundreds of millions on players he's not sure on and they fail that looks bad on him too?

I see what you'te saying, but I don't see how he's putting the club before himself when his fate is parallel with the club's.

Theoretically, one can think "Ooh, there's player X we can get in January that might save my job" and he's not doing that. That's all I meant. He's thinking long term even when the pressure is high to go short term.
  • Tornado31619
    18940 posts World Class
    I don't think that the board will sack him if they don't have Poch lined up to replace him.
  • Ahmer50x
    20785 posts Club Captain

Don't mean this as a dig at Mourinho but rather a boast about Rashford
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    32453 posts National Team Captain
    I don't think Spurs would actually be interested in Matic? Seems like lazy baseless journalism like Willian to us. They have Ndombele, Lo Celso, Wanyama, Sissoko, Dier for the 2 positions behind the front 4 already.

This is how I feel. It's just someone looking at him and Mourinho and linking them. I'll be surprised if there's any truth in that.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    32453 posts National Team Captain

Idk i just find it weird that he'd play then strike.

If he was gonna not play, he'd have done it from the start of the season.

I think he's actually just recovering.

This is my train of thought. If he was "striking", he's gone through a lot of effort to make it look like he's actually injured being in a cast for weeks and all. I'd like to believe that they are just being cautious and not wanting to make the same mistake as the last game he played where he clearly wasn't fully fit, rushing him back, and ending up with a long term injury.
  • wth22
    10834 posts Has That Special Something

Funny how it's been with Rashford - was largely a winger under Jose, Ole came in, installed him as #9, where he seemed completely rejuvenated and had a great couple of months, then went to seeming clueless upfront and found his own out wide again.

Hopefully he can go further with this form. Scary how young he is still.
  • El_Nino
    4129 posts National Call-Up

Funny how it's been with Rashford - was largely a winger under Jose, Ole came in, installed him as #9, where he seemed completely rejuvenated and had a great couple of months, then went to seeming clueless upfront and found his own out wide again.

He’ll age Rooney esque though, expect his peak to be earlier than most as his decline is likely to be. Just with how much football he’s played.

Still a phenomenal talent, be interesting to see how far he goes, might even earn himself a big money move to Chelsea 😉
  • Ahmer50x
    20785 posts Club Captain
    edited December 2019
    El_Nino wrote: »

He’ll age Rooney esque though, expect his peak to be earlier than most as his decline is likely to be. Just with how much football he’s played.

Still a phenomenal talent, be interesting to see how far he goes, might even earn himself a big money move to Chelsea 😉

He’s 21 still.

I can see him becoming the clubs top scorer.

EDIT: he's 22
  • El_Nino

He’s 21 still.

As in ever? He’d need to average 20 a season for the next decade, absolutely not chance.
  • Ahmer50x
    20785 posts Club Captain

He’s 21 still.

As in ever? He’d need to average 20 a season for the next decade, absolutely not chance.

He'd need to do it for a decade in all comps (so probably 50-60 matches) or just play a little longer with dwindling appearances (a la Giggs).

Not saying he's likely to do it, but he's the only one with a decent shot.
  • El_Nino

He’s 21 still.

He'd need to do it for a decade in all comps (so probably 50-60 matches) or just play a little longer with dwindling appearances (a la Giggs).

Okay fair point I forgot it’s all comps not prem, that makes it a lot more do-able admittedly. However I still don’t expect him to get that close tbh, If he gets good enough to get to the record I can see him at Madrid tbh
  • Ahmer50x
    20785 posts Club Captain

He’s 21 still.

Okay fair point I forgot it’s all comps not prem, that makes it a lot more do-able admittedly. However I still don’t expect him to get that close tbh, If he gets good enough to get to the record I can see him at Madrid tbh

Idk maybe its naive but I don't see Marcus turning his back on us, even if he became a superstar.
  • Low Ki
    11982 posts Has That Special Something
    Guess Woodward isn't going any time soon if this is happening:
  • Tornado31619
    18940 posts World Class
    Score predictions? 2-2.