• Pxul_
    9410 posts League Winner
    Who Tf are they😂
  • Apollo
    19973 posts Club Captain
    edited November 2019
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    Who Tf are they😂

Our best crop of academy players we've had in a long time. :blush: Ole's playing the reserves and academy players to give our first team the rest with so many fixtures in quick succession

Williams not even in the squad, saving him for the weekend, brilliant news.
  • Pxul_
    9410 posts League Winner
    Wonder if greenwood gets a start😂
  • Ahmer50x
    23574 posts Club Captain
    The fact that Williams hasn’t traveled tells me he’s starting against Villa.

If Ole was going back to Young, I think Williams would’ve traveled.

Says a lot about the kid that he’s already scored as many goals for the first team as Luke Shaw has in his career and seemingly (atleast until Shaw is fully fit) is first choice LB already.
  • Sellish
    10068 posts Has That Special Something
    Lingard is going to start as a 10 instead Gomes won't he?

I'm missing the game because of work. Anyone know where to get a hold of Europa League replays?
  • Why isn't it showing that posts are racking up in this thread? Genuinely thought nobody had commented for a day lol
  • Apollo
    19973 posts Club Captain
    Why isn't it showing that posts are racking up in this thread? Genuinely thought nobody had commented for a day lol

A bunch were deleted so until the difference is made up with new posts, they won't show up as new
  • Apollo
    19973 posts Club Captain
    edited November 2019
    The MEN made a mistake, its Tuanzebe not TFM who has travelled.

Those who know the academy players better than I do, who is most likely to partner him in defence, Mengi, Taylor or Bernard?
  • SDoofus
    6430 posts Big Money Move
    Apollo wrote: »
    Why isn't it showing that posts are racking up in this thread? Genuinely thought nobody had commented for a day lol

A bunch were deleted so until the difference is made up with new posts, they won't show up as new

You weren't the chosen one this time.
  • Apollo
    19973 posts Club Captain
    SDoofus wrote: »

:D

Is anyone yet? Haven't seen them show up as new as of yet
  • SDoofus
    6430 posts Big Money Move
    SDoofus wrote: »

:D

Is anyone yet? Haven't seen them show up as new as of yet

Nope, must have been a hell of a deleting sesh.
  • Ahmer50x
    23574 posts Club Captain

Say what you will about Ole the manager but Ole the Director of Football is on point.
  • Apollo
    19973 posts Club Captain
    edited November 2019
    Haaland and a central midfielder would be a really good January window, but it can't just be Haaland. We have to get a midfielder as well.
  • If we lose out to spurs on Bruno fernandes in January /next summer then clearly it was woodword & Co who didn't want him at utd, which is daft.

We NEED someone of that ilk, we miss the tenacity that herrera offered. Bruno is even better in that regard, so we should just cough up for him.

As for Haaland, great great prospect, but fir the fee involved, I'm undecided tbh. Means dropping martial long term too, which I'm not a fan of at the moment anyway
  • Apollo
    19973 posts Club Captain
    If we lose out to spurs on Bruno fernandes in January /next summer then clearly it was woodword & Co who didn't want him at utd, which is daft.

We NEED someone of that ilk, we miss the tenacity that herrera offered. Bruno is even better in that regard, so we should just cough up for him.

As for Haaland, great great prospect, but fir the fee involved, I'm undecided tbh. Means dropping martial long term too, which I'm not a fan of at the moment anyway

I think we'll wait until the summer before going for a 10 because we reportedly want to try and get Maddison. If we go for a midfielder in January (which we absolutely should and I think we will), I think it will be a central midfielder to play in the two, our depth there is abysmal. Yes we need the creativity at 10 and I'd love a signing there, but I think Ole is willing to wait until the summer to fill that position to go for the target that he really wants.

If we get a central midfielder and Haaland in January, I think we can cope until the summer when we try and go after Maddison and Sancho. Anything less than those two signings though in January and we've had a really poor window as Ole needs reinforcements to the squad asap.
  • Ahmer50x
    23574 posts Club Captain
    I don’t think we’ll go for a mid in January sadly
  • Apollo wrote: »
    If we lose out to spurs on Bruno fernandes in January /next summer then clearly it was woodword & Co who didn't want him at utd, which is daft.

I think we'll wait until the summer before going for a 10 because we reportedly want to try and get Maddison. If we go for a midfielder in January (which we absolutely should and I think we will), I think it will be a central midfielder to play in the two, our depth there is abysmal. Yes we need the creativity at 10 and I'd love a signing there, but I think Ole is willing to wait until the summer to fill that position to go for the target that he really wants.

If we get a central midfielder and Haaland in January, I think we can cope until the summer when we try and go after Maddison and Sancho. Anything less than those two signings though in January and we've had a really poor window as Ole needs reinforcements to the squad asap.

I see Bruno as more of an 8 than a 10. However he can definitely play both fine. Really wish we sign someone like that instead of Maddison
  • ComptonLAX94
    2744 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited November 2019
  • Ahmer50x
    23574 posts Club Captain
    Bruno thing is irrelevant.

He was available and put out a come and get me this summer. Nobody did for whatever reason, including United.

Ole clearly doesn’t want him.
  • Retro_G
    33018 posts National Team Captain

I don't think we'll get anyone in January, unless results drastically improve. I can't see the board giving Ole the funds, now that Poch is available.
  • Ahmer50x
    23574 posts Club Captain

LUHG Mourinho fanboys exposing their classlessness yet again
  • Sellish
    10068 posts Has That Special Something
    Don't understand why people feel we need to sign a ST. Martial & Greenwood is enough.

Can't see how we can fit Rashford, Martial, James & Håland in a starting XI. Don't want to see anyone on the bench.
    Buying Håland kind of kills Greenwoods chance here. Greenwood is a pure ST and not a RW. Guess RW back up is the best thing he can hope for if we buy Håland.

Håland is a great talent that I would love to see here if we needed a ST but we don't. Rather spend that on midfield, a position we're desperate to get quality in.
  • Apollo
    19973 posts Club Captain
    edited November 2019
    Sellish wrote: »
    Don't understand why people feel we need to sign a ST. Martial & Greenwood is enough.

Can't see how we can fit Rashford, Martial, James & Håland in a starting XI. Don't want to see anyone on the bench.
    Buying Håland kind of kills Greenwoods chance here. Greenwood is a pure ST and not a RW. Guess RW back up is the best thing he can hope for if we buy Håland.

Håland is a great talent that I would love to see here if we needed a ST but we don't. Rather spend that on midfield, a position we're desperate to get quality in.

I think we all want the midfield to be the priority, it should be, we have such poor quality there, just hoping we can still sign a midfielder as well as Haaland and it's not one or the other. Will be really annoyed if it is as the midfield needs to come first.

If Ole is after Haaland I believe he'll have a plan in place as to how to get the best out of all of our forwards, but we need to address the midfield as well if we want to make progress and we have no quality depth at all there.

Despite that, I am still worried about what it'll do to Greenwood's development though if we sign him, just hope that he still gets enough game time if Haaland joins.
  • Ahmer50x
    23574 posts Club Captain
    edited November 2019

Top clubs leave top players on the bench and rotate their squad massively throughout the season. Look at Man City.

Mahrez/Bilva
    Aguero/Jesus
    Sterling/Sane

If we want to challenge for leagues and CLs, we're gonna need 5-6 top attackers. I think we've got four in Martial, James, Rashford, and Greenwood. Need another 1-2. Adding Sancho and Haland makes sense:

Sancho/Greenwood
    Martial/Haaland
    Rashford/James

If City can manage to give all 6 decent playing time, so can we. Just have to bin off the Lingards of the world.
  • wth22
    11431 posts Has That Special Something
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

Top clubs leave top players on the bench and rotate their squad massively throughout the season. Look at Man City.

Mahrez/Bilva
    Aguero/Jesus
    Sterling/Sane

If we want to challenge for leagues and CLs, we're gonna need 5-6 top attackers. I think we've got four in Martial, James, Rashford, and Greenwood. Need another 1-2. Adding Sancho and Haland makes sense:

Sancho/Greenwood
    Martial/Haaland
    Rashford/James

If City can manage to give all 6 decent playing time, so can we. Just have to bin off the Lingards of the world.

We had Sheringham, Solskjaer, Yorke and Cole competing for 2 spots too.
  • Ahmer50x wrote: »

Mahrez/Bilva
    Aguero/Jesus
    Sterling/Sane

Sancho/Greenwood
    Martial/Haaland
    Rashford/James

Completely agree, bang on
  • Retro_G
    33018 posts National Team Captain

We need another striker, injuries happen. It's important to have cover, squad depth. The problem is the board will be reluctant to open the cheque book, if results don't drastically improve.
  • Ahmer50x
    23574 posts Club Captain
    Having 4 competent attackers just isn’t enough for 3 starting spots to challenge on all fronts.

Our ability to qualify for CL will impact our signings but we certainly need them because Chong doesn’t look good enough (early days yet though) and we’re a striker short anyways as Ole has admitted.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    33092 posts National Team Captain

It was confirmed that the scouts were the ones that didn't approve of Bruno, and I doubt Woodward and Judge have any real eye for talent.