Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• Ahmer50x
    26608 posts Player of the Year
    Pietu wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

Wasn't there talk in here about Pereira and how he is good after one of your games? Or something like that? Or am I just completely remembering wrong?

He's a midtable CAM but an awful CM.

Fred is just trash in general.

I'd rather see Ole pick Garner and Levitt than those two (he won't)
  • Keano
    18242 posts World Class
    Pereira is one of our best crossers at the moment (with james, rashford, williams) but being a good crosser whilst not having the pace to play on the wing means he’sjack of all traded master of none... doesnt have all the attributes to play in a certain position but does okay... but i think he’s a squad player at best atm.
  • Apollo
    20659 posts Club Captain

Good. Give the first team a rest and give the academy players a chance.
  • Ahmer50x
    We just need to blow up the entire midfield (CMs and 10s) and start over.

Only survivors should be McTominay and the young academy guys.

Just bin all of Matic, Fred, Pogba, Lingard, Mata, and Pereira.

One of our biggest problems is that we have what I believe to be a decent back 4 and a top quality young front 3, but there is a massive chasm that the Israelites could wander for 40 years in between.
  • Apollo
    20659 posts Club Captain
    Alastair wrote: »
    Apollo wrote: »

While that doesn't surprise me that its seen as a problem as Raiola is an absolute ****, we really need to focus on the midfield first before spending ages negotiating with that clown

What’s Haaland like? I’ve heard him mentioned a bit in the last couple of days but hadn’t heard of him before.

I haven't seen much of him, I know he's very highly rated though and a lot of clubs have looked at him apparently. Brilliant goalscoring record so far for him and Ole knows him well.
  • Tropicaz XBL
    4437 posts National Call-Up

One of our biggest problems is that we have what I believe to be a decent back 4 and a top quality young front 3, but there is a massive chasm that the Israelites could wander for 40 years in between.

Midfield is a huge problem for us also, Guendouzi/Torreira/Willock are all too young to be relied on week in week out, Xhaka obviously has huge flaws and should've been replaced in the summer, and Ceballos has been awful since Burnley. Meanwhile we got rid of our best midfielder last season on a free. :s

We should be targetting Doucoure/Mcginn at the least.
  • Keano
    18242 posts World Class

Midfield is a huge problem for us also, Guendouzi/Torreira/Willock are all too young to be relied on week in week out, Xhaka obviously has huge flaws and should've been replaced in the summer, and Ceballos has been awful since Burnley. Meanwhile we got rid of our best midfielder last season on a free. :s

Willock and Guendouzi i understand but Torreira is 23, he should be able to play at this point, sure he’s not at his peak but being young at 23 isnt an excuse as a “one for the future as he cant handle it atm” argument.

Ceballos i agree for some reason he’s dropped off though a few times Emery has played him on the wide positions which is ludicrous and I hope we get Mcginn, you canhave doucoure.
  • arsenalap
    9048 posts League Winner

Wasn't there talk in here about Pereira and how he is good after one of your games? Or something like that? Or am I just completely remembering wrong?

Funny because for a while you guys thought Fred was improving and wanted him in the team.

Now 1 bad game and he is trash again :*
  • Apollo
    20659 posts Club Captain
    edited November 2019
    arsenalap wrote: »

Funny because for a while you guys thought Fred was improving and wanted him in the team.

You hope that a player has turned a corner when he manages to put together a few good games after a whole lot more abysmal ones, but then he goes and puts in a terrible one again (Pereira was worse I know) and the possibility he's just regressed back to his mean is definitely there.

Most of us wanted him playing simply because of our injury problems.
  • Keano
    18242 posts World Class
    arsenalap wrote: »

Fred has been showing signs of getting better i think the problem lies in the fact pereira and fred are both midfielders that lose the ball a heck of a lot from nothing passes or balls, alongside someone else whos more safe or has their back they would play better, but pereira is more attacking and Fred is more of a b2b cm, Pereira can fit into the cam role as we have no real taker for that right now, but we dont have a cm role in the 4231 we currently play, once Pogba is back it would be more ideal to play 433 with this;

De gea
    Awb- maguire - lindelof - williams (shaw)
    Fred (b2b) - Mctominay (holding) - Pogba (free roaming playmaker)
    James - Martial - Rashford.

It would mean when fred comes up pogba can sit back and still do his thing (making those 40-50yard balls), when Pogba goes up Fred can cover etc, pereira would also be able to fit in where Fred is for rotation purposes.

But in a 4231 We’re playing Pereira at cdm atm with Fred who neither are holding players, or players to slow down /break play up.... not saying Fred or Pereira is great but untill we have Mctominay and Pogba back we cant use them properly due to lack of depth.
  • Tropicaz XBL
    4437 posts National Call-Up
    Keano wrote: »

Willock and Guendouzi i understand but Torreira is 23, he should be able to play at this point, sure he’s not at his peak but being young at 23 isnt an excuse as a “one for the future as he cant handle it atm” argument.

Ceballos i agree for some reason he’s dropped off though a few times Emery has played him on the wide positions which is ludicrous and I hope we get Mcginn, you canhave doucoure.

Yeah Torreira is a strange one, seeing as he's been played out of position a lot and the fact he looked good next to Xhaka last season I think the jury is out on him until a new manager comes in, however I wouldn't be against taking 40m for him and reinvesting it.
  • Keano
    18242 posts World Class
    Keano wrote: »

Yeah Torreira is a strange one, seeing as he's been played out of position a lot and the fact he looked good next to Xhaka last season I think the jury is out on him until a new manager comes in, however I wouldn't be against taking 40m for him and reinvesting it.

If played in the right role for him, Torreira is your best midfielder and if he’s freed up to do the role he should, him and Guendouzi is a great start to a midfield, its the Xhaka being Xhaka.... Willock is young and inexperienced, Ceballos is hot and cold, which with your results you cant rely on, Ozils good about as much as Arsenal win lately etc.

For Torreira it all depends if the manager plays the system to use him the way he was used in Italy, which currently he isnt.
  • El_Nino
    6972 posts Big Money Move
    Interesting to see Neville pick out the front three for criticism in the Sheff game, noted that all three apparently had no movement and were lazy.

Interesting to see, how do you guys feel about those comments? Not sure how highly you value nevilles opinion?
  • Apollo
    20659 posts Club Captain
    El_Nino wrote: »
    Interesting to see Neville pick out the front three for criticism in the Sheff game, noted that all three apparently had no movement and were lazy.

Interesting to see, how do you guys feel about those comments? Not sure how highly you value nevilles opinion?

He's spot on. The front three were so static, but if I'm honest, there's so many things you could pick out from that 70 minutes, we were played off the pitch, it was horrendous.
  • Ahmer50x
    Martial was really poor.

James and Rashford were not great but not as bad.
  • SDoofus
    6430 posts Big Money Move
    edited November 2019
    El_Nino wrote: »

He's spot on. The front three were so static, but if I'm honest, there's so many things you could pick out from that 70 minutes, we were played off the pitch, it was horrendous.

Should also be noted that Sheffield United aren't exactly easy to create against, which could have led to the static-ness of the front 3, as they may have run out of ideas.

Scoring 3 in the manner that they did was really impressive, though, opened them up.
  • ViVaWhom
    9435 posts League Winner
    the thing i remember most is fred and perreira constantly misplacing simple pass into martial or any of our front 3...
  • Ahmer50x

Love to see it but I doubt he plays. Good sign though that Ole is completely ❤️❤️❤️❤️ this match off
  • UM4R
    4432 posts Moderator
    would love to see this midfield up

.......puigmal...garner...
    ..chong...gomes....anyone
    ............greenwood

:#
  • Apollo
    20659 posts Club Captain
    edited November 2019
    UM4R wrote: »

............greenwood

I think we'll see a fair few of them, maybe Levitt instead of Puigmal?
  • Apollo
    20659 posts Club Captain
    The same article that the above tweet came from says that Tuanzebe, Shaw and Lingard also are travelling.
  • UM4R
    4432 posts Moderator

............greenwood

I think we'll see a fair few of them, maybe Levitt instead of Puigmal?

wouldn't mind seeing levitt in action, would've included him but we would need some experience in that team, so left a spot for Mata/Lingard in the midfield

and honestly feel Puigmal has the potential to become a good player
  • Apollo
    20659 posts Club Captain
    edited November 2019
    Kovar
    Laird - Tuanzebe - Taylor/Mengi? - Shaw
    Levitt - Garner
    Chong - Lingard - Gomes
    Greenwood

Could see Ole picking something like that if the squad report is right. I'd massively prefer Gomes at 10 and someone else on the wing but I think he might go with Lingard there for some experience.
  • Apollo
    20659 posts Club Captain
    Kovar
    Levitt - Garner
    Chong - Lingard - Gomes
    Greenwood

Could see Ole picking something like that if the squad report is right. I'd massively prefer Gomes at 10 and someone else on the wing but I think he might go with Lingard there for some experience.

As tags don't work edited in, @UM4R
  • UM4R
    4432 posts Moderator
    Kovar
    Levitt - Garner
    Chong - Lingard - Gomes
    Greenwood

yeah same would prefer Gomes as the 10, but I think at this stage it's more important that he gets minutes from the start, and when Lingard inevitably does nothing, he can move to no 10 later on in the game

But Ole needs to put on youngsters in this match, a) a lot of players need a break having played in nearly every match so far, b) although he has given minutes to youth, I personally feel he has underused many of them, and could & should've already given more minutes to some of these youngsters.
  • Apollo
    20659 posts Club Captain
    edited November 2019
    Kovar
    Levitt - Garner
    Chong - Lingard - Gomes
    Greenwood

yeah same would prefer Gomes as the 10, but I think at this stage it's more important that he gets minutes from the start, and when Lingard inevitably does nothing, he can move to no 10 later on in the game

But Ole needs to put on youngsters in this match, a) a lot of players need a break having played in nearly every match so far, b) although he has given minutes to youth, I personally feel he has underused many of them, and could & should've already given more minutes to some of these youngsters.

I agree with you that he should have played the big few academy players coming through (Greenwood, Garner, Gomes) more than he has done, but if that squad report is right hardly any senior players are travelling, which is 100% the right decision as they need a rest, and means that a bunch of academy players will be getting a serious amount of minutes on Thursday. Really looking forward to seeing how they do.
  • Tornado31619
    24236 posts Club Captain
    Max Taylor's first call-up since his chemo <3