Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• Pxul_
    8213 posts League Winner
    If they sign CR7 they win the league next year. The guys a machine...
  • Apollo
    16189 posts World Class
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    El_Nino wrote: »
    Sellish wrote: »
    Just saw a Cr7 to United rumor.
    It's that time of the year boys.

I think for the price and wages you’d pay now, not worth it imo.

We're not signing him, we get linked to him every year, that's what @Sellish is saying :joy:
  • El_Nino
    3894 posts National Call-Up
    Apollo wrote: »
    El_Nino wrote: »
    Just saw a Cr7 to United rumor.
    It's that time of the year boys.

I think for the price and wages you’d pay now, not worth it imo.

We're not signing him, we get linked to him every year, that's what @Sellish is saying :joy:

Oh yeah I know aha, but I’m just saying regardless, wouldn’t be the smartest choice anymore imo
  • wth22
    10491 posts Has That Special Something
    Ronaldo in the Europa League would be hilarious
  • Ahmer50x
    19841 posts World Class

“Now, Pochettino could come gratis. But the difference, nearly 12 months on, is that United are committed to current manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s work. Their long-term vision is with the Norwegian.”

:smile:
  • Pxul_
    8213 posts League Winner
    Pietu wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    SDoofus wrote: »
    arsenalap wrote: »
    To me Wenger is 2nd without question. Mourinho maybe could overtake him if he does big things with Spurs but unlikely.

Wenger did so much behind the scenes. He changed the way players had to eat and train completely. Hes at the forefront of modern football massively. He won so much other than the PL also.

Benitez isnt in the same league for me.

Both have 3 league titles but Wenger reinvented multiple teams at the same club continuously.

Ferguson>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Wenger>>>>>>>Pep>Jose IMO for the top 4

Pep over Jose lol. Virtually every manager that has come to City since they’ve been rich af has won the League. One of the easiest jobs going.

More of a style of play thing.

Both basically won with unlimited cash but Pep got record points and the swagger of his sides is unmatched.

Ancelotti and Conte have also won the league with Chelsea don’t forget.

I personally rate Conte high.

Antonio Conte:

"I advise my players to have sex for short periods, with the minimum of effort and use positions where they are under their partners and preferably with their wives. Because then you don't have to be exceptional."

Saw this on Facebook and remembered someone mentioned conte earlier on😂
  • Keano
    14182 posts Has That Special Something
    edited November 22
    To me Wenger is 2nd without question. Mourinho maybe could overtake him if he does big things with Spurs but unlikely.

Wenger did so much behind the scenes. He changed the way players had to eat and train completely. Hes at the forefront of modern football massively. He won so much other than the PL also.

Both have 3 league titles but Wenger reinvented multiple teams at the same club continuously.

Ferguson>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Wenger>>>>>>>Pep>Jose IMO for the top 4

Pep over Jose lol. Virtually every manager that has come to City since they’ve been rich af has won the League. One of the easiest jobs going.

Both basically won with unlimited cash but Pep got record points and the swagger of his sides is unmatched.

Antonio Conte:

"I advise my players to have sex for short periods, with the minimum of effort and use positions where they are under their partners and preferably with their wives. Because then you don't have to be exceptional."

Short periods, minimum effort & not being exceptional?

Am I the only one here that thinks Conte is speaking to a fair few of us? :trollface:
  • Ahmer50x
    19841 posts World Class

Jose taking shots at our academy...I'm so shocked :unamused:
  • Apollo
    16189 posts World Class
    edited November 22

Jose taking shots at our academy...I'm so shocked :unamused:

That didn't take him long. Just re-emphasising why I can't stand the bloke.
  • Pietu
    3330 posts National Call-Up

Antonio Conte:

Smart lad :trollface:
  • SDoofus
    6057 posts Big Money Move
    "preferably with their wives" :D
  • Ahmer50x
    19841 posts World Class
    Saw someone on twitter refer to that quote as the "Contesutra" and I nearly died laughing :joy:
  • ha032742
    35445 posts Moderator
    edited November 22
    Hi, I’ve removed a number of posts which were off topic in order to tidy up the thread. The posts will be reviewed and if deemed appropriate, action will be taken in due course.
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    13712 posts Has That Special Something
    Supposedly we sent scouts to the Italy 9 goal thriller to watch tonelli & zaniollo

The latter being of roma, I watched the game and I certainly rate him massively. Incredible in that win in particular. 2 goals. He was everywhere on the pitch. He could be an alternative to fernandes. Maybe a deal including Smalling
  • Pietu
    @Sellish Har du redan redan redan?
  • Apollo
    16189 posts World Class
    edited November 22
  • Sellish
    9512 posts League Winner

Haha I'm not sure if that means what you think it does mate.
    You basically said "have you already already already"
  • Pietu

Isn't it also a yo-yo? That's atleast a joke in Finland, in Finnish it's, Onko sinulla jo jojo? Have you already got the yo-yo?

That was the go to Swedish joke as we were young.
  • Sellish
    9512 posts League Winner

Isn't it also a yo-yo? That's atleast a joke in Finland, in Finnish it's, Onko sinulla jo jojo? Have you already got the yo-yo?

Not as far as I'm aware. Never heard of it. Sorry :'(

I googled it and only things came up were finnish.
  • Pietu

Oh well :lol:

Are you planning to go watch any Leeds matches?
  • Sellish
    9512 posts League Winner

Not really :joy:
    I wouldn't mind a championship match but I will get killed if I'm walking in their with a Man U tattoo.
  • Pietu
    edited November 23

Not really :joy:
    I wouldn't mind a championship match but I will get killed if I'm walking in their with a Man U tattoo.

If Leeds draw United in a cup, that's the one for you!
  • wth22
    Us being 5th now will be akin to 2nd under Jose, standing doesn't reflect how far we are/were behind the ones ahead of us.
  • Apollo
    16189 posts World Class
    edited November 23
    wth22 wrote: »
    Us being 5th now will be akin to 2nd under Jose, standing doesn't reflect how far we are/were behind the ones ahead of us.

We know we have multiple areas to improve in to reach the level of the top 4, Ole knows that as well, he's made it clear he knows he needs to strengthen. But if we go 5th that's realistically where this squad should be right now compared to those in the top 4 so it shows that Ole would be achieving what this squad is expected to.
  • Low Ki
    11851 posts Has That Special Something
    Crazy how small the point gap still is between 10th and 5th. One game changes everything.
  • Ahmer50x
    19841 posts World Class
    Low Ki wrote: »
    Crazy how small the point gap still is between 10th and 5th. One game changes everything.

A few weeks ago, when other teams played before us, it dropped us down to 15th.

Now it drops us down to 10th.

Slowly, the gaps in the table are starting to build up. Obviously right now you've just got Liverpool, the rest of the top 4, and then everybody else but I think you'll see a clearer line between the top 7-8 teams and the rest by the end of December personally.
  • wth22
    Apollo wrote: »
    wth22 wrote: »

We know we have multiple areas to improve in to reach the level of the top 4, Ole knows that as well, he's made it clear he knows he needs to strengthen. But if we go 5th that's realistically where this squad should be right now compared to those in the top 4 so it shows that Ole would be achieving what this squad is expected to.

At the start of the season (and even probably now) I'd take 5th but I don't think we should be under Leicester at least, even though they've performed really well.