Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• Sellish
    9517 posts League Winner
    dK4eNWt_d.jpg
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    32189 posts National Team Captain
    I’m so hoping that Mourinho goes to Spurs. Going to be a fantastic show to watch.
  • Ahmer50x
    19955 posts Club Captain
    I’m so hoping that Mourinho goes to Spurs. Going to be a fantastic show to watch.

I was hoping he'd end up at Arsenal but yeah it's gonna be funny to watch another club become the poor vessel for Mourinho's destructive tendencies. Very excited about this!

I'm sure we'll get trolled in the second half of the season by rival fans when he's won 10 of his first 13 matches or whatever but we all know how the story is going to end and thats what makes it so satisfying.
  • wth22
    10521 posts Has That Special Something
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

Another reliable source saying we're in for Haland.

Also suggests Richarlison is an alternative and there will be a list of 3 so one more we don't know yet.

I like both players but I'm not sure we need to be spending such sums on a striker atm unless Ole is looking at a 2 striker formation longer term.

Richarlison is a natural winger so handy versatile player, not sure about his consistency though.
  • Ahmer50x
    19955 posts Club Captain
    wth22 wrote: »

Also suggests Richarlison is an alternative and there will be a list of 3 so one more we don't know yet.

I like both players but I'm not sure we need to be spending such sums on a striker atm unless Ole is looking at a 2 striker formation longer term.

Richarlison is a natural winger so handy versatile player, not sure about his consistency though.

Richarlison cost Everton 50m and you'd imagine they'd want a markup on that.

While I rate him as a versatile squad player who can play across the front 3, I'm not sure the club need to spend 70m on someone to do that when our midfield has more holes than swiss cheese.
  • wth22
    wth22 wrote: »

Richarlison cost Everton 50m and you'd imagine they'd want a markup on that.

While I rate him as a versatile squad player who can play across the front 3, I'm not sure the club need to spend 70m on someone to do that when our midfield has more holes than swiss cheese.

Yeah I agree, too expensive for someone who isn't anywhere close to world class and is extremely inconsistent. Would take him for 30m tops.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Definitely don’t want Richarlison for what he’ll inevitably cost
  • Low Ki
    11861 posts Has That Special Something
    edited November 20
    Jose has already replaced Poch.

And:

If the players hated Poch's attitude wait till they get a dose of Mourinho. So polarising in our locker room.
  • Kman
    2991 posts National Call-Up
    This is going to be annoying because Spurs have a better squad than us so if they start performing under Jose we’ll never hear the end of it...
  • ViVaWhom
    8291 posts League Winner
    Jose will be a success there

• XxRichiexRichxX
    edited November 20
    Low Ki wrote: »
    Jose has already replaced Poch.

And:

If the players hated Poch's attitude wait till they get a dose of Mourinho. So polarising in our locker room.

Yeah Mourinho was a done deal before they sacked Poch. They weren’t going to sack him without a replacement already sorted. And the timing of the sacking is just weird being at the end of a international break.

It’ll be the same Mourinho cycle tbh. He’ll find some success at some level (League or FA cup, or EL cup if they don’t manage to finish top 4, at most), and then a meltdown will occur ending in him sacking.

It’ll be interesting to see if Levy actually spends to Mourinho’s standards.
  • Pietu
    3428 posts National Call-Up
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    Jose will be a success there

I personally disagree
  • Low Ki
    11861 posts Has That Special Something
    I think he'll clash with Levy over signings. Jose is a big spender every club he's been at and he's depending on an even bigger cheapskate than Mike Ashley.
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    13755 posts Has That Special Something
    If we sacked Ole JUST because poch is available it would be nothing short of ludicrous imho.

As for mourinho going to spurs, I can see it working tbh, however I also can see the out of contract players staying at spurs now that he's arrived. Eriksen and Toby etc.

• XxRichiexRichxX
    Eriksen is as good as gone imho. Be shocked if he stays
  • Retro_G
    30441 posts National Team Captain
    I think he'll clash with Levy over signings. Jose is a big spender every club he's been at and he's depending on an even bigger cheapskate than Mike Ashley.

Jose only spent 21m during his time at Porto.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Retro_G wrote: »

Jose only spent 21m during his time at Porto.

15 years ago.....
  • arsenalap
    6093 posts Big Money Move
    Jose will do quite well short term. Long term I dont know.
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    13755 posts Has That Special Something

I can't see Jose letting him go without a fight. Who knows what effect mourinho being appointed will have... Its gonna be an interesting one for sure
  • XxRichiexRichxX

I can't see Jose letting him go without a fight. Who knows what effect mourinho being appointed will have... Its gonna be an interesting one for sure

With all the personal drama going on around him, Id be shocked if he hangs around.
  • UM4R
    4043 posts Moderator
    edited November 20
    The whole Poch to us is not an easy choice as everyone makes it out to be.

Yes Ole has managed to get somewhat of a run together recently , and it would be strange to sack him now given our recent form

But on the other hand, you don't often get a chance to take a top-level manager on for free, especially one who meets our 'philosophy' the way he does .

Of the two Poch has the record to show he could take us back to challenging for the title, shown by his work at Spurs with hardly any funds and we could look back at this in a year's time as a massive opportunity missed.

Reminds me in someway of when Liverpool got rid of Rodgers to take Klopp. A top manager who seemed a perfect fit for Liverpool and has proven to be so. If they had waited they would've lost him to another club, as Jose was about to be sacked from Chelsea, Rafa was under massive pressure at Real and a couple unders who i cant remember. Sometimes you have to take a jump with the long term in mind.

So it is a difficult choice to make

• Sellish
    9517 posts League Winner
    I agree. I don't think we should sack Ole but Poch is a perfect match for us.
  • Kellnerr
    2833 posts Fans' Favourite
    I can see Bayern going for Poch now, could be off the market quickly.
  • Apollo
    16305 posts World Class
    edited November 20
    Kellnerr wrote: »

Yeah me too, definitely seems like a plausible move. Hope it happens quickly to put an end to the speculation, if we didn't have a manager, that'd be different and I'd happily go for Poch, but we do and I'm backing Ole so the sooner the speculation ends, the better.
  • Kellnerr
    2833 posts Fans' Favourite
    Apollo wrote: »

Yeah me too, definitely seems like a plausible move. Hope it happens quickly to put an end to the speculation, if we didn't have a manager, that'd be different and I'd happily go for Poch, but we do and I'm backing Ole so the sooner the speculation ends, the better.

If it was like a month ago I would have understood if you sacked Ole because Poch was free, but now as the performances and results have become much better he has to be backed.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    I’ll be shocked if the club sack OGS just to get Poch.
  • Apollo
    16305 posts World Class
    edited November 20
    I’ll be shocked if the club sack OGS just to get Poch.

Same, but you never know with Ed in charge. Hopefully he doesn't and sticks to what he said about backing Ole.
  • wth22

Would be a nothing move for Poch really. Bayern is a thankless job. You only actually win if you win the treble.
  • Alex02
    2818 posts Fans' Favourite
    hopefully poch will stay available for the rest of the season and we can make a decision at the end or earlier if we begin to underperform again

• Teh Zombz
    3914 posts National Call-Up
    spurs have the players that are class on the counter, he'll be a success for a season or 2 imo