Comments

• Keano
    14255 posts Has That Special Something
    Pietu wrote: »
    Keano wrote: »
    finsfan85 wrote: »
    forearms wrote: »
    I talked multiple times before that having a nasty personality in the squad can have a team-strengthening effect. Ramos, Keane, Costa, Suarez, etc. Without Herrera and Fellaini, the squad needed someone that could mix it up a little, imo.

Exactly. Amount of people that wouldnt last in sunday league if they think Williams is too much 🤷‍♂️😂

So pushing opponents into the boards after they are already out of bounds is not too much? I’m not sure why you continue to defend this type of behavior.
    Not that i agree with the throwing of people off the pitch etc, but the amount of people in here that’re jumping on the... he has an attitude problem band wagon yet when their teams players do it theyre laughing and loving it 😂 absolute clowns.

If you used your braincell and looked at my first post on it i said that i didnt think it was right... but keep trying buttercup.
    Brave of you to assume he has one

It’s why i only said about the one 🤷‍♂️😂 it lives in this forum thread.
  • AEsey
    6019 posts Big Money Move
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

McT with 3 Premier League goals this season now. (Arsenal, Norwich, and Brighton)

That's really good for our holding mid. For reference, Pogba has never scored more than 6 from open play in any given season.

United League Scorers so far:
    Rashford 6 (includes 2 penalties)
    Martial 3
    James 3
    McTominay 3
    Andreas 1

Get in there Scott
    At the time I wondered why it went down as an own goal
  • Ahmer50x
    19955 posts Club Captain
    AEsey wrote: »

McT with 3 Premier League goals this season now. (Arsenal, Norwich, and Brighton)

That's really good for our holding mid. For reference, Pogba has never scored more than 6 from open play in any given season.

United League Scorers so far:
    Rashford 6 (includes 2 penalties)
    Martial 3
    James 3
    McTominay 3
    Andreas 1

Get in there Scott
    At the time I wondered why it went down as an own goal

Side effect: Harry Maguire now has his first MUFC assist :blush:
  • arsenalap
    6093 posts Big Money Move
    Wait what does this do to fantasy
  • finsfan85
    12929 posts Has That Special Something
    arsenalap wrote: »

Does anyone actually own McTominay?
  • arsenalap
    6093 posts Big Money Move

No but it could take bonus from Martial :#
  • Ahmer50x
    19955 posts Club Captain
    @arsenalap

Idk if they've changed the rules since then but seems like it does nothing
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    13755 posts Has That Special Something

He's in my fantasy team
  • Apollo
    16305 posts World Class

He's in my fantasy team

Want to join the RF league? The more the merrier
  • wth22
    10521 posts Has That Special Something
    Lukaku: 9 G+A in 1213 mins
    Martial: 8 G+A in 705 mins

If you were still wondering why Ole binned Lukaku, now you know.

EDIT: Also vs Rashford...

It's paying off now but it was still a massive risk to go into a season with just Martial and Rashford, who were both young and relatively unproven, while Lukaku was further along in his development and a proven PL goalscorer - having even scored 25 in a season. Even if we didn't bin him I'd probably still want to start Martial and Rashford but it would've been good to have a backup option in case of injury or loss of form (as we saw how poor we were when Martial was out), and that's why I say selling him may not have been the worst decision but not buying a replacement was.
  • Apollo
    16305 posts World Class
    edited November 13
    wth22 wrote: »

It's paying off now but it was still a massive risk to go into a season with just Martial and Rashford, who were both young and relatively unproven, while Lukaku was further along in his development and a proven PL goalscorer - having even scored 25 in a season. Even if we didn't bin him I'd probably still want to start Martial and Rashford but it would've been good to have a backup option in case of injury or loss of form (as we saw how poor we were when Martial was out), and that's why I say selling him may not have been the worst decision but not buying a replacement was.

If Rashford had been a viable option as backup striker that a few of us and clearly Ole thought he was before the season started, then we'd have been fine when Martial was injured. The problem was mistaking him as an option at striker. Now the rest of us and Ole have realised that he's not an option in the position, its clear we need a new signing. Ole has even said as much publicly. I genuinely think we should draw a line under the subject now as it's come up so many times. I think everyone is now on the same page that we need either a signing as backup to Martial, or one as competition for him. Not much more to be said imo.
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    13755 posts Has That Special Something
    Apollo wrote: »

He's in my fantasy team

Sounds fun mate, my first year doing it, so still working out how it all works 😂 pm me with the details mate @Apollo 👌👍
  • wth22

If Rashford had been a viable option as backup striker that a few of us and clearly Ole thought he was before the season started, then we'd have been fine when Martial was injured. The problem was mistaking him as an option at striker. Now the rest of us and Ole have realised that he's not an option in the position, its clear we need a new signing. Ole has even said as much publicly. I genuinely think we should draw a line under the subject now as it's come up so many times. I think everyone is now on the same page that we need either a signing as backup to Martial, or one as competition for him. Not much more to be said imo.

Yeah true, fair enough, was just replying to that stat.
  • Apollo
    16305 posts World Class

He's in my fantasy team

Sounds fun mate, my first year doing it, so still working out how it all works 😂 pm me with the details mate @Apollo 👌👍

@Ahmer50x is the one who runs the league, can you PM him the league code when you see this, Ahmer?
  • Apollo
    16305 posts World Class

What are your thoughts on the type of striker we need? Do you think we should go for the experienced backup striker (like Mandzukic) so we don't hamper Greenwood's development too much, or get someone as competition for Martial? (Like Dembele)The names here are largely irrelevant to what I'm asking, just wondering what type of striker you think we should go for. I wouldn't want to call which way Ole sees that dilemma, I think both options have positives.
  • wth22

What are your thoughts on the type of striker we need? Do you think we should go for the experienced backup striker (like Mandzukic) so we don't hamper Greenwood's development too much, or get someone as competition for Martial? (Like Dembele)The names here are largely irrelevant to what I'm asking, just wondering what type of striker you think we should go for. I wouldn't want to call which way Ole sees that dilemma, I think both options have positives.

I would prefer an experienced backup striker, one who's fine with starting very little games - I think Martial's done more than enough for us to have him as the out and out first choice. Our front line in general is inexperienced, plus someone like Mandzukic would also be a plan B. If we get someone like Dembele for competition he'll want more game time than we can offer imo, not just eating Martial's but then Greenwood too as you mentioned.

Obviously we can't sign him, but someone like Origi is perfect. Knows he's a backup, won't start games when everyone's fit, but effortlessly slots in anywhere in the front 3 and gets the job done when he plays.

If we want to spend big I'd spend big on a right winger and James could be a rotation option. Someone like Mandzukic will do for the striker.
  • Tornado31619
    17898 posts World Class
    Paratici reportedly in London to discuss Demiral, Mandzukic and Pogba.
  • Sellish
    9517 posts League Winner
    edited November 14
    Edit
  • Retro_G
    30441 posts National Team Captain
    Sellish wrote: »
    Edit

Is Lindelof still your favourite player, now you know he is a Jose Mourinho fanboy?
  • Pietu
    3428 posts National Call-Up
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Edit

Is Lindelof still your favourite player, now you know he is a Jose Mourinho fanboy?

Lindelöf is always going to be his favourite player, after all both are Swedish and I can tell you, we Nordics value our country and our people high.
  • Sellish
    9517 posts League Winner
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Edit

I've always known that Lindelöf likes Mourinho and I've spoken about how good Mourinho was for Lindelöf plenty of times.

My comment was about me not finding the quote in the swedish newspaper. I made the edit after realising that Lindelöf made 2 interviews with them, 1 being a couple of days ago and you had to pay to read it and I assume that's where the quote where from.
  • TakeItSlow
    8000 posts League Winner

That's a pretty awful comparison considering both players situations.

Rashford, been at United for years.

Lukaku, just moved to a brand new league, brand new team, different styles etc. Also in the CL compared to Rashford who's playing against farmers in the EL.

Lukaku is doing what he was purchased to do, score goals. 9 goals in 988 league minutes for Inter. He's always been an oath, even when you signed him. But he's a goal scorer, and to sell him and not replace was very silly.
  • Ahmer50x
    19955 posts Club Captain

He's in my fantasy team

Ahmer50x is the one who runs the league, can you PM him the league code when you see this, Ahmer?

Done.
  • Apollo
    16305 posts World Class
    Rashford with a goal just now for England, good to see he's keeping the goals flowing :blush: