Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• Tornado31619
    17898 posts World Class
    If we sign a veteran forward, it’s either Zlatan or nobody for me.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    32190 posts National Team Captain
    edited November 11
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

Let's hope the mentality is right because if it is, this can be the catalyst for a very good run of form over the festive period.

But he's faking it apparently.
  • forearms
    4975 posts Big Money Move
    If we sign a veteran forward, it’s either Zlatan or nobody for me.

I think he could help Greenwood immensely. The big problem is he would want to play, and his legs are gone. I watched him in a couple MLS games and he cant run for any period of time anymore. He wouldnt help our pressing at all either.

I have nothing but respect for Zlatan, but I dont think that move would be the best option for all parties.
  • Tornado31619
    17898 posts World Class
    If he wants to come here to mentor our youngsters and retire at the club, I’m cool with that. But otherwise, as you said, no.
  • Ahmer50x
    19994 posts Club Captain
    I think signing Zlatan would be going backwards in so many ways. Ole has been cleansing our dressing room of the selfish mentalities and toxic personas brought in by Mourinho and to bring one back would be stupid.

Would rather sign nobody than Zlatan.
  • Sellish
    9521 posts League Winner
    edited November 12
    Really don't think we should sign him. I love the guy to bits but he is past it.
    If we are to bring him as a coach, maybe. Amazing mentality and could help youngsters. But not sure if he is ready yet to be a coach and if he would, don't think United is the place he would go to.
  • Ahmer50x
    19994 posts Club Captain

I know Ole's gonna go back to Shaw once he's fit but there is no reason to do so IMO

Should be Williams' job until he does something to lose it.
  • El_Nino
    3950 posts National Call-Up
    edited November 12
    I think signing Zlatan would be going backwards in so many ways. Ole has been cleansing our dressing room of the selfish mentalities and toxic personas brought in by Mourinho and to bring one back would be stupid.

Would rather sign nobody than Zlatan.

While I would agree he isn’t that suited to your play anymore, I would say your opinions on him seem really outdated, he did nothing at United to suggest he was selfish or toxic, he has his ego which he clearly plays on for a marketing perspective and happily jokes about, so I’d completely disagree with you on that.

Personally would love him at Chelsea, If and it’s a big If he was happy playing 2nd fiddle to Tammy, I’d consider him an upgrade on Giroud/Batshuai, he’s be great for you as a plan B If he was happy playing second fiddle to Martial, but I wouldn’t imagine he’d be happy with either
  • finsfan85
    12934 posts Has That Special Something
    Couchy must be fuming somewhere. He used to go on and on about how talented Chong is.
  • Ahmer50x
    19994 posts Club Captain
    edited November 12
    Shshj wrote: »

That's fine.

He's the third best young attacker at the club after Greenwood and Gomes.
    He's also obviously behind DJ/Rashford/Martial in the pecking order.
    And United are rumored to be after a striker and a winger.

If everything goes to plan, he'll be the 8th choice attacker going into next season at best. He's never getting into this team. It is probably best for him to go tbh
  • SDoofus
    6160 posts Big Money Move
    finsfan85 wrote: »
    Couchy must be fuming somewhere. He used to go on and on about how talented Chong is.

Last active 30th August. Bloody hell, that's a long time, still banned.
  • Apollo
    16345 posts World Class
    finsfan85 wrote: »

I think everyone expected that, he wasn't going to recover in time. Only question is how long is he out for
  • Ahmer50x
    19994 posts Club Captain
    edited November 12
    Pxul_ wrote: »

This is the main difference from last season. The players actually give a **** compared to the complete disregard we saw from last season.

That’s quality to see, the dedication is what makes the difference. No matter what team it is.

Agreed! Idk how much of us you saw at the start and end of last season (basically the new manager bounce 10 weeks aside) but some players were jogging back to defend, grossly unfit, and didn't seem bothered by results at all. Our club captain Valencia was liking posts calling for Mourinho to be sacked and Sanchez couldn't wait to head back to Chile when he had time off.

Say what you want about the costs involved and the results but it has never felt like the players aren't trying this season. They always put in 100% and everyone is bothered by the state of the club. Everyone inside that dressing room is clearly pushing in the same direction.
  • Keano
    14266 posts Has That Special Something
    Pxul_ wrote: »

This is the main difference from last season. The players actually give a **** compared to the complete disregard we saw from last season.

That’s quality to see, the dedication is what makes the difference. No matter what team it is.

Exactly. Great to see the squad doing the extra bit, want to do better and be better, this is the kind of thing the fans and club expects, full dedication.
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    13755 posts Has That Special Something

Shaw is gonna have to seriously up his game imho. Williams deserves to be in the team as it stands
  • Sellish
    9521 posts League Winner
    Williams have done great and I love that we have him and Shaw instead of Shaw & Young but you guys underestimate Shaw imo.
    Shaw is the better of the 2 if you ask me but still, great to finally have some good competition between our full backs.

• Apollo
    16345 posts World Class
    edited November 12
    Sellish wrote: »
    Williams have done great and I love that we have him and Shaw instead of Shaw & Young but you guys underestimate Shaw imo.
    Shaw is the better of the 2 if you ask me but still, great to finally have some good competition between our full backs.

I agree, Shaw is a good player, the only thing is whether he can stay fit when he's back which remains to be seen. Shaw and Williams are good options to have to choose from.
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    13755 posts Has That Special Something
    Some Williams facts....

🥊 Cousin to Zelfa Barrett [23-1 champion boxer]
    😡 Headbutted Accrington Stanley's captain in a pre-season friendly
    😡 Squared up to De Wit on European debut
    😡 Man-handled Hudson-Odoi on Cup debut
    😡 Squared up to Maupay on first League start

The boy has no fear, love it 😂💪👊
  • TakeItSlow
    8005 posts League Winner
    Some Williams facts....

I think he might just be a 19 year old with 0 respect.
  • Ahmer50x
    19994 posts Club Captain
    Some Williams facts....

You need 1 or 2 who can rally the Troops and inspire a little fear.

Brandon can be that for us.
  • El_Nino
    3950 posts National Call-Up
    edited November 12
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Some Williams facts....

It’s rare I agree with you, but in this case I do, the kid may well have an attitude problem, I don’t think squaring up to people and particularly head butting people should be celebrated...
  • finsfan85
    12934 posts Has That Special Something
    El_Nino wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Some Williams facts....

It’s rare I agree with you, but in this case I do, the kid may well have an attitude problem, I don’t think squaring up to people and particularly head butting people should be celebrated...

Or throwing CHO into the boards after he was already out of play. That’s not man handling. That’s cowardly and dangerous.
  • Ahmer50x
    19994 posts Club Captain

Kid even takes the youth derbies seriously :joy: