Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• Apollo
    16364 posts World Class
    edited October 20
    El_Nino wrote: »
    Fair play to you guys for getting something, really thought Liverpool would break there poor form against you this time.

Didn’t watch the game, how was it? Deserved result you feel or something else?

First half was a really good performance from us, we were much improved and deserved to be ahead. We sat back a little too much in the later stages of the game and were much less effective because of it.
  • El_Nino
    3969 posts National Call-Up
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Fair play to you guys for getting something, really thought Liverpool would break there poor form against you this time.

Fair draw. Pretty even both halves, United edged the first, Liverpool edged the second.

Both clubs can be upset that a momentary lapse at the back cost them 3 points, which tells you 1 each was a fair result

I guess it sounds about right then for a cagey Liverpool/United game, are you happy the performance is a step in the right direction for you guys?
  • finsfan85
    12942 posts Has That Special Something
    wth22 wrote: »

Deserved result for both sides, don't think either side can complain with one point though Liverpool could be aggreived with our goal.
    Was your goal dodgy?

That video conveniently leaves out the dodgy part
  • Apollo
    16364 posts World Class

Fair draw. Pretty even both halves, United edged the first, Liverpool edged the second.

Both clubs can be upset that a momentary lapse at the back cost them 3 points, which tells you 1 each was a fair result

I guess it sounds about right then for a cagey Liverpool/United game, are you happy the performance is a step in the right direction for you guys?

100%. The first half was so much improved, we didn't continue it in the second half anywhere near as much but like you say its still a step in the right direction.
  • Ahmer50x
    20008 posts Club Captain
    Next 4 are away. Need to break the away duck
  • Apollo
    16364 posts World Class

Definitely improved performance from him today and hopefully the goal does his confidence some good.
  • ViVaWhom
    8301 posts League Winner
    just get knocked out the league cup at this point

that tourney is mainly good for playing youth and we are doing that in our main games
  • wth22
    10532 posts Has That Special Something

It was a good performance but we've been doing decently against big teams for a while now, need to also start doing well against non top 6 teams where we just can't park the bus, too, which is the bread and butter of doing well in the league.

I said before the game I'm more confident against Liverpool than I was vs Newcastle, applies for Partizan too, can't see us winning there.
  • El_Nino
    Next 4 are away. Need to break the away duck

Away against teams you have to beat, will be interesting to see what sort of results your getting.
  • finsfan85
    12942 posts Has That Special Something
    @El_Nino

Here’s the dodgy part of the goal, since that was conveniently left out.

• Ahmer50x
    20008 posts Club Captain

United so good defensively this year except when we're 1-0 up. Then we turn into last season's side :joy:
  • ViVaWhom
    8301 posts League Winner
    no wins in 6 now, we pretty much have to win every game until spurs to make anything out of this season
  • Retro_G
    30488 posts National Team Captain
    Apollo wrote: »

100%. The first half was so much improved, we didn't continue it in the second half anywhere near as much but like you say its still a step in the right direction.

I still think Ole got it right in the second half. Yes we were more defensive, but we had a lead to hang on to, we looked comfortable for the majority of that half, on another day we would've got all three points.
  • ViVaWhom
    8301 posts League Winner
    finsfan85 wrote: »
    @El_Nino

i was shocked that Origi could carry on after that, looked like he snapped his leg off
  • Gervonta
    4058 posts National Call-Up
    @El_Nino

Salty :smile: hope you’re drinking responsibly with your whiskey.

I know it you’re really upset and angry at the minute but the whiskey is only a numbing solution don’t abuse it , you’ll be in better spirits soon enough.
  • Retro_G
    edited October 20
    @El_Nino

It wasn't clear, obvious, the fact that some people think it was a foul, some people don't tells you everything. This was a derby, the last thing you want is a soft ref who blows for everything, makes the game stop, start. The ref done a good job, tried to let the game flow.
  • SDoofus
    6219 posts Big Money Move
    Retro_G wrote: »
    @El_Nino

It wasn't clear, obvious, the fact that some people think it was a foul, some people don't tells you everything. This was a derby, the last thing you want is a soft ref who blows for everything, makes the game stop, start. The ref done a good job, let the game flow.

No one doesn’t think it’s a foul, apart from biased United fans.
  • Ahmer50x
    20008 posts Club Captain
    Gervonta wrote: »
    @El_Nino

I know it you’re really upset and angry at the minute but the whiskey is only a numbing solution don’t abuse it , you’ll be in better spirits soon enough.

Don't think its healthy for him to get into the spirits either mate :joy:
  • Retro_G
    SDoofus wrote: »
    @El_Nino

It wasn't clear, obvious, the fact that some people think it was a foul, some people don't tells you everything. This was a derby, the last thing you want is a soft ref who blows for everything, makes the game stop, start. The ref done a good job, let the game flow.

No one doesn’t think it’s a foul, apart from biased United fans.

False, some unbiased pundits after the game didn't think it was a foul.
  • Apollo
    16364 posts World Class
    Hopefully Pogba and Shaw are back for Norwich for another boost to the squad
  • Ahmer50x
    20008 posts Club Captain

If we got them + Martial for 90 mins, that'd be so massive. Could truly be the turnaround we need
  • Gervonta
    4058 posts National Call-Up
    Gervonta wrote: »
    @El_Nino

Don't think its healthy for him to get into the spirits either mate :joy:

Hopefully he doesn’t get onto those either :joy: but who knows with finny he always goes on a bender when United don’t lose :joy:
  • Ahmer50x
    20008 posts Club Captain

Hopefully a few positive results come soon to take the pressure off Ole because he's right on the money here.
  • Apollo
    16364 posts World Class

If we got them + Martial for 90 mins, that'd be so massive. Could truly be the turnaround we need

Here's hoping. Seems likely to me that Martial will start after getting minutes today and another week of training under his belt, hopefully Pogba and Shaw start as well!
  • Retro_G
    I bet the scousers are seething that we ended there 17 game win streak.
  • Pietu
    3559 posts National Call-Up

They have Pukki so no point even trying :wink:
  • Wyojasond
    12238 posts Has That Special Something
    I bet the scousers are seething that we ended there 17 game win streak.

Personally find it more funny you couldn’t see the game out with five minutes left after how bad we played 💁‍♂️
  • El_Nino
    @El_Nino

Tbh yeah for me that’s a foul, I’d be fuming if I weren’t Liverpool.
    Still it happens, United did well to get the point so fair play.
    I can see why Liverpool fans would be feeling hard done by though.