Manchester United Football Club

Comments

  • arsenalap
    6048 posts Big Money Move
    Kman wrote: »
    It’s not like the tackle had any impact on the goal..DJ still had to sprint length of the field and get a pinpoint cross...anyone crying that VAR didn’t get that right is an idiot

    I mean that's not how football works..

    If it's a foul it's a free kick so Liverpool have the ball.

    At the end of the day it was a foul and shouldn't have counted. But United were the better side, so 1-1 is probably right.
  • Retro_G
    30342 posts National Team Captain
    finsfan85 wrote: »
    Was a foul depending on who the refs are favoring for the day. Rashford gets those all the time.

    Was never a foul, football is a man's sport. I would've booked him for a dive.
  • SDoofus
    6062 posts Big Money Move
    Kman wrote: »
    It’s not like the tackle had any impact on the goal..DJ still had to sprint length of the field and get a pinpoint cross...anyone crying that VAR didn’t get that right is an idiot

    Lol are you joking? If the foul was correctly given, DJ wouldn’t even be able to make that run
  • Kellnerr
    2823 posts Fans' Favourite
    Retro_G wrote: »
    finsfan85 wrote: »
    Was a foul depending on who the refs are favoring for the day. Rashford gets those all the time.

    Was never a foul, football is a man's sport. I would've booked him for a dive.

    not the right sport for Daniel James then :lol:
  • ComptonLAX94
    449 posts Sunday League Hero
    The goal we conceded is similar to the Bailly own goal. Can't sit back against quality crosses in their fullbacks.
  • Retro_G
    30342 posts National Team Captain
    edited October 20
    SDoofus wrote: »
    Kman wrote: »
    It’s not like the tackle had any impact on the goal..DJ still had to sprint length of the field and get a pinpoint cross...anyone crying that VAR didn’t get that right is an idiot

    Lol are you joking? If the foul was correctly given, DJ wouldn’t even be able to make that run

    Why are you trying to disagree with the officials? The goal was looked at by VAR, by the law of the game, the decision should only be reverted for a clear, obvious foul. That was a dive, take it on the chin!
  • Ahmer50x
    19842 posts World Class
    2 of our 3 league opponents before the international break are below us in the league.

    Have to be aiming for atleast 6-7 points from those matches.
  • Kman
    2989 posts National Call-Up
    SDoofus wrote: »
    Kman wrote: »
    It’s not like the tackle had any impact on the goal..DJ still had to sprint length of the field and get a pinpoint cross...anyone crying that VAR didn’t get that right is an idiot

    Lol are you joking? If the foul was correctly given, DJ wouldn’t even be able to make that run

    Play the ref mate, if he didn’t think it’s a foul play on.

    If VAR has to be used for every little thing then it’s bloody pointless.
  • Apollo
    16193 posts World Class
    Kellnerr wrote: »
    Retro_G wrote: »
    finsfan85 wrote: »
    Was a foul depending on who the refs are favoring for the day. Rashford gets those all the time.

    Was never a foul, football is a man's sport. I would've booked him for a dive.

    not the right sport for Daniel James then :lol:

    Well done for believing the ridiculous media comments, would never have started if he wasn't falsely booked earlier on in the season for 'diving'.
  • Kman
    2989 posts National Call-Up
    Think that game shows it’s time to scrap the 4231 and try something else.
  • arsenalap
    6048 posts Big Money Move
    Kman wrote: »
    SDoofus wrote: »
    Kman wrote: »
    It’s not like the tackle had any impact on the goal..DJ still had to sprint length of the field and get a pinpoint cross...anyone crying that VAR didn’t get that right is an idiot

    Lol are you joking? If the foul was correctly given, DJ wouldn’t even be able to make that run

    Play the ref mate, if he didn’t think it’s a foul play on.

    If VAR has to be used for every little thing then it’s bloody pointless.

    I really dont understand your point here.

    Nobody has an issue with what happened after the foul, but it was a foul, end of.

    How is that a little thing? It's a foul in the lead up to a goal.. it's what VAR should be for.
  • SDoofus
    6062 posts Big Money Move
    edited October 20
    It’s incredibly interesting observing how the Ole out brigade are acting right now.

    I’d say they don’t deserve to be revelling in the draw.
  • Apollo
    16193 posts World Class
    SDoofus wrote: »
    It’s incredibly interesting observing how the Ole out brigade are acting right now.

    I’d say they don’t deserve to be revelling in the draw.

    Definitely not.
  • Ahmer50x
    19842 posts World Class
    SDoofus wrote: »
    It’s incredibly interesting observing how the Ole out brigade are acting right now.

    I’d say they don’t deserve to be revelling in the draw.

    No Manchester United fan should be reveling in a draw. Ever.

    That said, I agree with your overarching point about relief at the result.
  • Kman
    2989 posts National Call-Up
    arsenalap wrote: »
    Kman wrote: »
    SDoofus wrote: »
    Kman wrote: »
    It’s not like the tackle had any impact on the goal..DJ still had to sprint length of the field and get a pinpoint cross...anyone crying that VAR didn’t get that right is an idiot

    Lol are you joking? If the foul was correctly given, DJ wouldn’t even be able to make that run

    Play the ref mate, if he didn’t think it’s a foul play on.

    If VAR has to be used for every little thing then it’s bloody pointless.

    I really dont understand your point here.

    Nobody has an issue with what happened after the foul, but it was a foul, end of.

    How is that a little thing? It's a foul in the lead up to a goal.. it's what VAR should be for.

    Mate you’re the one not making sense, the ref did not deem it a foul so THATS THE DECISION..ffs

  • Retro_G
    30342 posts National Team Captain
    I agree it was an Ole masterclass, just individual errors letting us down. Lots of positives to take from that game today.
  • wth22
    10495 posts Has That Special Something
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

    I agree Ole set up very well today (and said just as much before the game too), but there is no chance you would be saying that if Mou parked the bus at home regardless of who we were facing (and I'm pretty sure you must have ranted against that multiple times in his tenure).
  • Apollo
    16193 posts World Class
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    SDoofus wrote: »
    It’s incredibly interesting observing how the Ole out brigade are acting right now.

    I’d say they don’t deserve to be revelling in the draw.

    No Manchester United fan should be reveling in a draw. Ever.

    That said, I agree with your overarching point about relief at the result.

    Revelling in the draw wasn't the right way for him to word it but his actual message behind the post is spot on.
  • wth22
    10495 posts Has That Special Something
    edited October 20
    SDoofus wrote: »
    It’s incredibly interesting observing how the Ole out brigade are acting right now.

    I’d say they don’t deserve to be revelling in the draw.

    I was probably the only one who called a draw, everyone was expecting a loss or smashing. I even said we'd get something from this Ole or no Ole so rather have him sacked in the international break and get the result than now have him for another 2 months.

    The Ole fanboys were of the ones who didn't believe in us today, they deserve to revel in the draw less so.
  • arsenalap
    6048 posts Big Money Move
    Kman wrote: »
    arsenalap wrote: »
    Kman wrote: »
    SDoofus wrote: »
    Kman wrote: »
    It’s not like the tackle had any impact on the goal..DJ still had to sprint length of the field and get a pinpoint cross...anyone crying that VAR didn’t get that right is an idiot

    Lol are you joking? If the foul was correctly given, DJ wouldn’t even be able to make that run

    Play the ref mate, if he didn’t think it’s a foul play on.

    If VAR has to be used for every little thing then it’s bloody pointless.

    I really dont understand your point here.

    Nobody has an issue with what happened after the foul, but it was a foul, end of.

    How is that a little thing? It's a foul in the lead up to a goal.. it's what VAR should be for.

    Mate you’re the one not making sense, the ref did not deem it a foul so THATS THE DECISION..ffs

    Yes but the ref was wrong. This is where VAR should be stepping in to correct him, but instead they are so scared to overturn the refs decisions it seems like they wont do it unless it's something like a blatant offside or handball.

    How is the clip on Evans a foul yesterday and that isnt? No consistency at all.

    I'm not a Liverpool or United fan, I have no reason to be biased but I'm telling you now if it happened to Arsenal I'd be livid because it was a foul.
  • Kman
    2989 posts National Call-Up
    wth22 wrote: »
    SDoofus wrote: »
    It’s incredibly interesting observing how the Ole out brigade are acting right now.

    I’d say they don’t deserve to be revelling in the draw.

    I was probably the only one who called a draw, everyone was expecting a loss or smashing. I even said we'd get something from this Ole or no Ole so rather have him sacked in the international break and get the result than now have him for another 2 months.

    The Ole fanboys were of the ones who didn't believe in us today, they deserve to revel in the draw less so.

    Ole’s going no where mate lol
  • El_Nino
    3895 posts National Call-Up
    Fair play to you guys for getting something, really thought Liverpool would break there poor form against you this time.

    Didn’t watch the game, how was it? Deserved result you feel or something else?
  • wth22
    10495 posts Has That Special Something
    Kman wrote: »
    wth22 wrote: »
    SDoofus wrote: »
    It’s incredibly interesting observing how the Ole out brigade are acting right now.

    I’d say they don’t deserve to be revelling in the draw.

    I was probably the only one who called a draw, everyone was expecting a loss or smashing. I even said we'd get something from this Ole or no Ole so rather have him sacked in the international break and get the result than now have him for another 2 months.

    The Ole fanboys were of the ones who didn't believe in us today, they deserve to revel in the draw less so.

    Ole’s going no where mate lol

    Yeah, that's what I said in my post too, unfortunately so. Brilliant performance and result today but doesn't change my feelings towards Ole.
  • wth22
    10495 posts Has That Special Something
    El_Nino wrote: »
    Fair play to you guys for getting something, really thought Liverpool would break there poor form against you this time.

    Didn’t watch the game, how was it? Deserved result you feel or something else?

    Deserved result for both sides, don't think either side can complain with one point though Liverpool could be aggreived with our goal.
  • Ahmer50x
    19842 posts World Class
    El_Nino wrote: »
    Fair play to you guys for getting something, really thought Liverpool would break there poor form against you this time.

    Didn’t watch the game, how was it? Deserved result you feel or something else?

    Fair draw. Pretty even both halves, United edged the first, Liverpool edged the second.

    Both clubs can be upset that a momentary lapse at the back cost them 3 points, which tells you 1 each was a fair result
  • El_Nino
    3895 posts National Call-Up
    wth22 wrote: »
    El_Nino wrote: »
    Fair play to you guys for getting something, really thought Liverpool would break there poor form against you this time.

    Didn’t watch the game, how was it? Deserved result you feel or something else?

    Deserved result for both sides, don't think either side can complain with one point though Liverpool could be aggreived with our goal.
    Was your goal dodgy?
  • Ahmer50x
    19842 posts World Class
    El_Nino wrote: »
    wth22 wrote: »
    El_Nino wrote: »
    Fair play to you guys for getting something, really thought Liverpool would break there poor form against you this time.

    Didn’t watch the game, how was it? Deserved result you feel or something else?

    Deserved result for both sides, don't think either side can complain with one point though Liverpool could be aggreived with our goal.
    Was your goal dodgy?

  • wth22
    10495 posts Has That Special Something
    El_Nino wrote: »
    wth22 wrote: »
    El_Nino wrote: »
    Fair play to you guys for getting something, really thought Liverpool would break there poor form against you this time.

    Didn’t watch the game, how was it? Deserved result you feel or something else?

    Deserved result for both sides, don't think either side can complain with one point though Liverpool could be aggreived with our goal.
    Was your goal dodgy?

    Arguable foul in the build up. Liverpool fans will say it was clear and obvious. United fans will say it wasn't clear and obvious. VAR deemed it not to be clear and obvious.
Sign In or Register to comment.