Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• Retro_G
    30474 posts National Team Captain
    Spurs with another shocking result today, Poch has to be close to getting the sack.
  • Apollo
    16350 posts World Class

Now be fit enough to start please AWB and Martial

Expecting Martial on the bench due to lack of fitness, but I hope I'm wrong
  • Apollo
    16350 posts World Class
    edited October 19

Wonder if Matic is a late arrival or actually isn't in the squad?
  • Teh Zombz
    3915 posts National Call-Up
    i dont get it?

I'll give you £50 for every decent first touch you make.'
    'What do I win if I get them all right?
  • Tornado31619
    17898 posts World Class
    I miss him so much.
    Teh Zombz wrote: »
    i dont get it?

The idea is that he’d get £50 for every good touch, but then something on top of that if ALL of his touches are good. Like an extra-special reward.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    32194 posts National Team Captain
    I miss him so much.
    i dont get it?

The idea is that he’d get £50 for every good touch, but then something on top of that if ALL of his touches are good. Like an extra-special reward.

Yeah this is how I understood it as well.
  • Pietu
    3456 posts National Call-Up
    i dont get it?

Ibra said that as a joke
  • Ahmer50x
    19996 posts Club Captain
    Apollo wrote: »

I know he's going to start Young at LB since Shaw isn't there but I really wish he'd go Tuanzebe or Williams or even **** Red Card Rojo
  • Tornado31619
    17898 posts World Class
    Doesn’t matter who our LB is, Salah never runs up at OT anyway :trollface:
  • Apollo
    16350 posts World Class

When will people learn, if you really want to say stuff like this, don't do it before the match, the backfire potential is enormous ffs :sweat_smile:
  • SDoofus
    6164 posts Big Money Move
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

I know he's going to start Young at LB since Shaw isn't there but I really wish he'd go Tuanzebe or Williams or even **** Red Card Rojo

Tbf, Young always turns up, defensively, against Salah, so if there’s any member of your team I wouldn’t wanna see playing LB tomorrow, it’s him.
  • Retro_G
    30474 posts National Team Captain
    edited October 19
    SDoofus wrote: »

Tbf, Young always turns up, defensively, against Salah, so if there’s any member of your team I wouldn’t wanna see playing LB tomorrow, it’s him.

Do you believe Salah is thinking about a move to Spain? He has been poor this season by his standards, his heart doesn't seem to be in it, maybe he is being bullied by Mane?
  • SDoofus
    6164 posts Big Money Move
    Retro_G wrote: »

Do you believe Salah is thinking about a move to Spain? He has been poor this season by his standards, his heart doesn't seem to be in it, maybe he is being bullied by Mane?

What are his standards? He has 4 goals and 3 assists in 8 games, which is a total of 7 goal contributions.

In 2017/18, he had 6 goal contributions in his first 8 games.

In 2018/19, he had 5.

So, statistically, this has actually been his best start.
  • finsfan85
    12935 posts Has That Special Something
    United could fall as far as 16th in the table after tomorrow’s match. And 1 pt out of the relegation zone. Yikes.
  • Ahmer50x
    19996 posts Club Captain
    finsfan85 wrote: »
    United could fall as far as 16th in the table after tomorrow’s match. And 1 pt out of the relegation zone. Yikes.

Or rise as high as 7th

League is very compact right now.
  • Tornado31619
    17898 posts World Class
    Apparently Dave has rejoined the squad and fancies himself for tomorrow.

When will people learn, if you really want to say stuff like this, don't do it before the match, the backfire potential is enormous ffs :sweat_smile:

It’s a joke, I’ve been saying this whole time that we’ll be lucky to get a point :lol:
    Retro_G wrote: »

Barça don’t have room for them and Real are a shambles.
  • Apollo
    16350 posts World Class

Or rise as high as 7th

He likes ignoring the sample size when it suits his agenda
  • finsfan85
    12935 posts Has That Special Something
    edited October 19

Or rise as high as 7th

9 games is nearly a quarter of the season. Your sample size excuse is running out of time.
  • Ahmer50x
    19996 posts Club Captain

Or rise as high as 7th

9 games is nearly a quarter of the season. Your sample size excuse is running out of time.

We have always said wait till around Christmas. If it’s really bad, the next international break.
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    13760 posts Has That Special Something
    I can't stress enough that sacking Ole would be a massive mistake. It also condraticts the message we've been trying to send out since his arrival.

He needs backing, proper backing, not this ametuer stuff we had from Ed and judge in the summer. Keep the faith and back the manager in the stands & in the boardroom, and we will return the the right end of the table. It's not an overnight thing. We all knew that before so why people are jumping on the Ole out campaign now is ludicrous

If Di Maria is a snake for changing his mind, then so are some of our "fans" imho

I loved Ole as a player and I believe he has the mentality to return us where we want/need to be. Certain clubs have certain cultures. Ole thrived here before on a playing compacity... He needs time to flourish again

Just my 2p
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    13760 posts Has That Special Something
    You can see the pain etched on ole's face when results go against us. He cares. I want a manager who cares. Not a mercanary like others have been in the past...

Allegri is a great manager, but also unproven outside of his home country... I mean, loads of managers could guide a juventus team to success. That's why I don't rate Zidane... Good coaches they may be... But managers? Questionable if you ask me
  • Ahmer50x
    19996 posts Club Captain
    I can't stress enough that sacking Ole would be a massive mistake. It also condraticts the message we've been trying to send out since his arrival.

He needs backing, proper backing, not this ametuer stuff we had from Ed and judge in the summer. Keep the faith and back the manager in the stands & in the boardroom, and we will return the the right end of the table. It's not an overnight thing. We all knew that before so why people are jumping on the Ole out campaign now is ludicrous

If Di Maria is a snake for changing his mind, then so are some of our "fans" imho

I loved Ole as a player and I believe he has the mentality to return us where we want/need to be. Certain clubs have certain cultures. Ole thrived here before on a playing compacity... He needs time to flourish again

Just my 2p

Thread Hall of fame post.

Agree all around. Some of the “fans” are trying to cancel a ski jump mid-jump.
  • wth22
    10528 posts Has That Special Something

Just my 2p

If I know I'm going to die during that ski jump, I'm good with cancelling it and saving whatever's left of my life.

I don't see the comparison between Di Maria and us. Di Maria changed his mind in a month. Nothing changed in the time he made that statement and the time he left.

I think I don't even need to say a lot changed between the time everyone wanted Ole in and some realized he has no clue what he's doing.
  • Ahmer50x
    19996 posts Club Captain
    wth22 wrote: »

Just my 2p

If I know I'm going to die during that ski jump, I'm good with cancelling it and saving whatever's left of my life.

I don't see the comparison between Di Maria and us. Di Maria changed his mind in a month. Nothing changed in the time he made that statement and the time he left.

I think I don't even need to say a lot changed between the time everyone wanted Ole in and some realized he has no clue what he's doing.

I’m not gonna pick at the Ole debate again but for the purposes of the analogy, if you wanted to live, you’d focus on trying to stick the landing because as I said, you’re trying to cancel mid-jump. You’ve already left the ramp. You’re airborne now.
  • Apollo
    16350 posts World Class

Or rise as high as 7th

It's not an excuse because I'm not saying its guaranteed to turn around in the slightest. As several of us have said so many times now, I'm simply saying he should be given more time before coming to a conclusion.
  • wth22
    10528 posts Has That Special Something

Just my 2p

I’m not gonna pick at the Ole debate again but for the purposes of the analogy, if you wanted to live, you’d focus on trying to stick the landing because as I said, you’re trying to cancel mid-jump. You’ve already left the ramp. You’re airborne now.

Yeah, I'd rather spread my hands and legs out, possibly injuring them but saving my life. I 100% die if I continue with this stupid, ill-fated jump just because my favorite uncle who used to be great 20 years ago told me to. If I abandon it, maybe I'll be injured but have a chance of coming out alive.
  • Apollo
    16350 posts World Class
    edited October 20

Just my 2p

Yeah, I'd rather spread my hands and legs out, possibly injuring them but saving my life. I 100% die if I continue with this stupid, ill-fated jump just because my favorite uncle who used to be great 20 years ago told me to. If I abandon it, maybe I'll be injured but have a chance of coming out alive.

It's perfectly plausible that it doesn't turn out this way, but if, with a bit of luck, Ole is able to turn this around, there's quite a sizeable chunk of this fanbase who really don't deserve to enjoy it. As I said before, there's thinking a managerial change is the best option, and there's the stuff way beyond that that some people are coming out with.