Manchester United Football Club

Comments

  • Ahmer50x
    19842 posts World Class
    Flapjack wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »


    Given how accurate Sky were on us this summer, it seems like this has legs.

    Double swoop for Can and Mandzu from Juve maybe?

    I'd be happy with that. Not a world beater but at least we'd have another option that is competent after McT and Pogba instead of having to resort to **** Matic and Fred.

    Probably in the minority but I actually really rated Can whilst he was at Liverpool. His career seems to have taken a nose dive ever since he left though.

    He left just one year ago.

    Could be a change of scenery is all he needs. A little like Coutinho.

    Plus anything that keeps Fred off the pitch is a big W.
  • Wyojasond
    12164 posts Has That Special Something
    Can was such a weird player. Always liked what he brought to the team, but him and Klopp never seemed to be on the same page. Can wanted to be a CDM, whereas Klopp wanted him a bit more attacking. In the end glad he left because we got Fabinho 😎

    I didn’t see him having a future at Juve at all so not surprised this is all happening. He’s on pretty high wages already so curious how that might shake out. He’d be a good addition to your midfield if you plan on sticking to the 4-2-3-1.
  • Ahmer50x
    19842 posts World Class
    edited October 18
    Hopefully he gets more minutes now :blush:
  • wth22
    10495 posts Has That Special Something
    I'd take Can, as long as he's a rotation/backup option (which is still better than his role at Juve for him).
  • Tornado31619
    17773 posts World Class
    Again, would rather wait until the summer for better targets to become available.
  • Apollo
    16190 posts World Class
    edited October 18
    Again, would rather wait until the summer for better targets to become available.

    I'm not saying at all that Can is the example to demonstrate this point, but we have to do some business in January if we want this season to not be horrendous come May. We don't have anywhere near enough depth and certainly not enough quality depth, we need players in.
  • wth22
    10495 posts Has That Special Something
    Apollo wrote: »
    Again, would rather wait until the summer for better targets to become available.

    I'm not saying at all that Can is the example to demonstrate this point, but we have to do some business in January if we want this season to not be horrendous come May. We don't have anywhere near enough depth and certainly not enough quality depth, we need players in.

    And Can would be a backup anyway, so even if we invest again in the summer I'd be happy keeping him on.
  • Ahmer50x
    19842 posts World Class
    wth22 wrote: »
    Apollo wrote: »
    Again, would rather wait until the summer for better targets to become available.

    I'm not saying at all that Can is the example to demonstrate this point, but we have to do some business in January if we want this season to not be horrendous come May. We don't have anywhere near enough depth and certainly not enough quality depth, we need players in.

    And Can would be a backup anyway, so even if we invest again in the summer I'd be happy keeping him on.

    Exactly. Somebody has to provide depth.
  • Apollo
    16190 posts World Class
    wth22 wrote: »
    Apollo wrote: »
    Again, would rather wait until the summer for better targets to become available.

    I'm not saying at all that Can is the example to demonstrate this point, but we have to do some business in January if we want this season to not be horrendous come May. We don't have anywhere near enough depth and certainly not enough quality depth, we need players in.

    And Can would be a backup anyway, so even if we invest again in the summer I'd be happy keeping him on.

    Yeah I'd agree with that. He wouldn't be my first choice but we could certainly do worse and I'd be a lot happier with him coming in as backup than Matic or Fred.
  • Gervonta
    4058 posts National Call-Up
    Apollo wrote: »
    wth22 wrote: »
    Apollo wrote: »
    Again, would rather wait until the summer for better targets to become available.

    I'm not saying at all that Can is the example to demonstrate this point, but we have to do some business in January if we want this season to not be horrendous come May. We don't have anywhere near enough depth and certainly not enough quality depth, we need players in.

    And Can would be a backup anyway, so even if we invest again in the summer I'd be happy keeping him on.

    Yeah I'd agree with that. He wouldn't be my first choice but we could certainly do worse and I'd be a lot happier with him coming in as backup than Matic or Fred.

    Tbh we lack depth , can isn’t a world beater but with pogba out we are being forced into playing the likes of Fred. Can is a short term fix.

    Hopefully in the summer we get some quality midfielders to put around pogba and get rid of the likes of Fred.
  • wth22
    10495 posts Has That Special Something
    I know it's a small sample size and he hasn't been playing #10 but Maddison has a lower xA than McTominay and Fred this season :lol:
  • forearms
    4955 posts Big Money Move
    I always thought Can was underappreciated. He even stepped in and played CB when needed. He would be solid squad depth pickup.
  • Gervonta
    4058 posts National Call-Up
    Like you said it’s a small sample you can’t compare players after a few games into the season.

    It’s as pointless as comparing Tammy to the leagues elite , Tammy is the top scorer at the minute with more goals than the likes of Kane , sterling, PEA and mane to name a few but everyone knows he’s not on their level.

    Compare Maddison to Scott and Fred at the end of the season and you’ll see a vast difference.
  • Sellish
    9512 posts League Winner

    This makes me sick.
  • Tornado31619
    17773 posts World Class
    So apparently none of our players have scored more than three (league?) goals since April. And Scott McTominay is one of them.

    Yikes.
  • Gervonta
    4058 posts National Call-Up
    Sellish wrote: »

    This makes me sick.

    Why? Di Maria did and said a few nasty things towards us but he shouldn’t be hated by fans , it was our own fault we didn’t use him properly like he said himself LVG kept playing him in a new position every game.

    As for Herrera I’m pissed off at judge and Ed not getting a new contract sorted , I don’t blame Ander for moving to psg yeah he is probably picking more money but we dwindled to long on offering him a new deal that’s not his fault.
  • Tornado31619
    17773 posts World Class
    Who said his frustrations were aimed at the players? Admittedly, ADM was likely at least part of the reason.
  • Ahmer50x
    19842 posts World Class
    Honestly, imagine Herrera and McTominay doing all the shithousery with Pogba at 10 and no defensive responsibilities.

    Woodward and Judge **** up big time letting Ander walk away.
  • wth22
    10495 posts Has That Special Something
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Honestly, imagine Herrera and McTominay doing all the shithousery with Pogba at 10 and no defensive responsibilities.

    Woodward and Judge **** up big time letting Ander walk away.

    They offered him ludicrous wages, he wanted even more ludicrous wages and wanted to play in a league with no competition. I loved Herrera to bits when he was here and Woodward and Judge have screwed up on many occasions but I don't blame them for letting Ander go, they offered him more than he deserved.

    He turned out to be a snake and all that passion was evidently just for the cameras, can **** off to the team who our kids knocked out coming back from a 2 goal deficit away and play in the farmer league.

    Don't think it makes a difference vis a vis Pogba anyway, he'll play well regardless if he wants to, and be anonymous if he doesn't want to. His form fell off after February even with Herrera at the club and Matic/McT holding so the defensive duties aren't really the thing holding him back, it's his attitude.
  • wth22
    10495 posts Has That Special Something
    edited October 19
    Gervonta wrote: »
    Sellish wrote: »

    This makes me sick.

    Why? Di Maria did and said a few nasty things towards us but he shouldn’t be hated by fans , it was our own fault we didn’t use him properly like he said himself LVG kept playing him in a new position every game.

    As for Herrera I’m pissed off at judge and Ed not getting a new contract sorted , I don’t blame Ander for moving to psg yeah he is probably picking more money but we dwindled to long on offering him a new deal that’s not his fault.

    Di Maria is by all means a snake, he literally said he's going to stay and tough it out the summer he left and leaves to the farmer league 1 month after saying that. I wouldn't blame him for leaving had he not said something completely opposite just befire leaving.

    There were managerial and personal issues but he still left at the first sign of trouble, poor mentality.

    https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jun/24/angel-di-maria-manchester-united-want-to-stay

    "I like to deal with things"

    Leaves a month later :lol:
  • Kellnerr
    2822 posts Fans' Favourite
    Tbf, most players say the same thing about staying at the club just to keep the fans happy with transfer talks already ongoing in the background.
  • Gervonta
    4058 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 19
    wth22 wrote: »
    Gervonta wrote: »
    Sellish wrote: »

    This makes me sick.

    Why? Di Maria did and said a few nasty things towards us but he shouldn’t be hated by fans , it was our own fault we didn’t use him properly like he said himself LVG kept playing him in a new position every game.

    As for Herrera I’m pissed off at judge and Ed not getting a new contract sorted , I don’t blame Ander for moving to psg yeah he is probably picking more money but we dwindled to long on offering him a new deal that’s not his fault.

    Di Maria is by all means a snake, he literally said he's going to stay and tough it out the summer he left and leaves to the farmer league 1 month after saying that. I wouldn't blame him for leaving had he not said something completely opposite just befire leaving.

    There were managerial and personal issues but he still left at the first sign of trouble, poor mentality.

    https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jun/24/angel-di-maria-manchester-united-want-to-stay

    "I like to deal with things"

    Leaves a month later :lol:

    So because a player changes his mind he’s a snake ? No , you don’t know what went on behind the scenes. He could of wanted to stay then after meetings with the hierarchy realised it was going to be the same old **** at the club being played out of position playing a dull style of football then when the offer come in realised it was best for him to leave.

    Idk why you say it’s poor mentality if you’re unhappy in a situation you don’t stay in the same situation further adding to your unhappiness just to appease fans.

    If we finished mid table and pogba left next summer would that be poor mentality ?? No it would be him deciding to remove himself from an unhappy and awful situation and placing himself in a better situation where he is more happy.
  • Tornado31619
    17773 posts World Class
    Gervonta wrote: »
    wth22 wrote: »
    Gervonta wrote: »
    Sellish wrote: »

    This makes me sick.

    Why? Di Maria did and said a few nasty things towards us but he shouldn’t be hated by fans , it was our own fault we didn’t use him properly like he said himself LVG kept playing him in a new position every game.

    As for Herrera I’m pissed off at judge and Ed not getting a new contract sorted , I don’t blame Ander for moving to psg yeah he is probably picking more money but we dwindled to long on offering him a new deal that’s not his fault.

    Di Maria is by all means a snake, he literally said he's going to stay and tough it out the summer he left and leaves to the farmer league 1 month after saying that. I wouldn't blame him for leaving had he not said something completely opposite just befire leaving.

    There were managerial and personal issues but he still left at the first sign of trouble, poor mentality.

    https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jun/24/angel-di-maria-manchester-united-want-to-stay

    "I like to deal with things"

    Leaves a month later :lol:

    So because a player changes his mind he’s a snake ? No , you don’t know what went on behind the scenes. He could of wanted to stay then after meetings with the hierarchy realised it was going to be the same old **** at the club being played out of position playing a dull style of football then when the offer come in realised it was best for him to leave.

    Idk why you say it’s poor mentality if you’re unhappy in a situation you don’t stay in the same situation further adding to your unhappiness just to appease fans.

    If we finished mid table and pogba left next summer would that be poor mentality ?? No it would be him deciding to remove himself from an unhappy and awful situation and placing himself in a better situation where he is more happy.

    Because he’s going to be so much happier getting booed out of the Bernabeu after one poor performance.
  • finsfan85
    12885 posts Has That Special Something

    You know you could have just quoted me, right?
  • Tornado31619
    17773 posts World Class
    What difference does it make?
  • Ahmer50x
    19842 posts World Class


    It's been worse and we haven't been able to see the way out before. Just need to keep the faith.
Sign In or Register to comment.