The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.
------------------
Note: The SBCs issue has been resolved, details posted on this thread in a tweet from FIFA Direct Communication.

Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• Apollo
    17206 posts World Class
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Apollo wrote: »

FFS. That's getting switched off outside of the actual match then.

Why? He is very knowledgeable about football.

If the match wasn't with a team he managed, I'd absolutely listen to what he has to say. Regarding his past clubs though he just comes across as a bitter old man who's got an agenda against the players he didn't like when he managed them.
  • Apollo
    17206 posts World Class
    SDoofus wrote: »
    What's your expected starting line up for Sunday?

Expecting, not what I'd pick.
    Romero
    AWB - Maguire - Lindelof - Shaw
    Matic - McTominay
    Pereira - Mata - James
    Rashford

I think Martial will only be fit enough for the bench and I can't see him starting Greenwood in a game like this.
  • MorroWtje
    5208 posts Big Money Move

Something along the lines of

Romero

McT - Matic

James - Lingard/Mata/Andreas - Rashford

Martial

Injuries dependant
  • Sellish
    9766 posts League Winner

If the match wasn't with a team he managed, I'd absolutely listen to what he has to say. Regarding his past clubs though he just comes across as a bitter old man who's got an agenda against the players he didn't like when he managed them.

This.
    Gladly listen to him when it comes to other teams but not teams he managed.
  • Apollo wrote: »

Romero
    Matic - McTominay
    Pereira - Mata - James
    Rashford

I think Martial will only be fit enough for the bench and I can't see him starting Greenwood in a game like this.

Perfect for Liverpool to sit back and complete hammer us on the break.
  • Apollo
    17206 posts World Class

Romero
    Matic - McTominay
    Pereira - Mata - James
    Rashford

Perfect for Liverpool to sit back and complete hammer us on the break.

I don't want them to play either, it's just what I'm expecting like I said in the original post.
  • Ahmer50x
    20598 posts Club Captain

Liverpool is a free hit but then Ole's true test begins. With a schedule this easy, we need to pick up a lot of points and get moving towards the right end of the table. Failure to do so will make a change inevitable in the next international break IMO
  • Apollo
    17206 posts World Class
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

Liverpool is a free hit but then Ole's true test begins. With a schedule this easy, we need to pick up a lot of points and get moving towards the right end of the table. Failure to do so will make a change inevitable in the next international break IMO

Yep, the 5 PL games after Liverpool are crucial. Need to find some form and get some wins on the board.
  • Gervonta
    4058 posts National Call-Up
    I think a heavy loss to Liverpool followed by a loss at Norwich could see ole chopped tbh.

Especially if we lose or draw to partizan mid week.
  • arsenalap
    6652 posts Big Money Move

Thst is rather useful for FF. Ta.
  • Ahmer50x
    20598 posts Club Captain
    Gervonta wrote: »
    I think a heavy loss to Liverpool followed by a loss at Norwich could see ole chopped tbh.

I don't think they'd want a new manager's first game to be Chelsea away in the cup and the turnarounds are too short between matches. I think he has until the next international break (after Brighton...so 7 matches) to atleast get us back in the top half and touching distance of top 6.
  • Gervonta
    4058 posts National Call-Up
    Gervonta wrote: »

I don't think they'd want a new manager's first game to be Chelsea away in the cup and the turnarounds are too short between matches. I think he has until the next international break (after Brighton...so 7 matches) to atleast get us back in the top half and touching distance of top 6.

I know what you mean but we’ve been awful for weeks now , if we get heavily beaten by Liverpool , then proceed to put in two dire performances and either lose or Nick a draw against partizan and Norwich I don’t think woodward will have any other choice tbf.

If the performances improve and we either win or unluckily get a draw then he may get spared until After Brighton but there’s a chance woodward might swing the axe sooner rather than later.

• Ahmer50x
    20598 posts Club Captain

Very happy about this but he needs to play more games. Hopefully he gets a chance in Europa but I fear we're gonna see Ashley Young over and over again
  • Ahmer50x
    20598 posts Club Captain

Hazza <3

Give him the armband against the scousers.
  • TakeItSlow
    8176 posts League Winner

Think he speaks a lot of sense, lets be real if he says anything bad about United its completely justified at this period of time.
  • Apollo
    17206 posts World Class
    edited October 2019
    TakeItSlow wrote: »

Think he speaks a lot of sense, lets be real if he says anything bad about United its completely justified at this period of time.

No it isn't. I'm sorry but you're completely and utterly wrong. One such example, he had a petty little dig at Shaw in a match that was completely undeserved insulting his defending when the cause was Rashford not tracking back. Once the second half started, Gary Neville absolutely rubbished what Jose was saying as it quite clearly wasn't true, Jose only said it because he doesn't like Shaw and has an agenda against him.

I will listen to what he says about any team that he hasn't managed, for those he has managed he's a bitter old man.
  • Ahmer50x
    20598 posts Club Captain
    edited October 2019

"The choice is simple: potential long-term success under Solskjær or guaranteed long-term failure under a load of different managers"

Excellent piece. @Apollo @Sellish
  • Apollo
    17206 posts World Class
    edited October 2019
    "The choice is simple: potential long-term success under Solskjær or guaranteed long-term failure under a load of different managers"

Excellent piece.

That's a cracking article, makes lots of good points.
  • Welbeck
    5197 posts Big Money Move
    what an awful article :lol:
  • Only1United
    1418 posts Play-Off Hero
    Who is actually to blame for our poor transfer window?? Ole or those above?
  • Pietu
    4471 posts National Call-Up

But how do they know it would be guaranteed long-term failure under different managers? That's just guessing
  • Ahmer50x
    20598 posts Club Captain
    Pietu wrote: »

But how do they know it would be guaranteed long-term failure under different managers? That's just guessing

The future is always unknowable but generally things will be unstable if you keep sacking managers and instability doesn't typically breed success.
  • Welbeck
    5197 posts Big Money Move

The future is always unknowable but generally things will be unstable if you keep sacking managers and instability doesn't typically breed success.
    the entire premise of the article is moronic, why is Solskjaer the be all and end all in that respect? If you actually gave a good manager like Mourinho, van Gaal or looking forward Pochettino etc the mandate to rebuild the club like OGS has then they would have done. Reality is the board and the fans expected a lot of managers who had awful squads and had to win or the fans would be on their back.

That article is honestly one of the most moronic things I've ever read from top to bottom.
  • Pietu
    4471 posts National Call-Up

Oh I know that sacking managers every 2 seasons wouldn't do you any good, unless a manager is underperforming by a lot he should because given multiple years to do his thing.
  • Ahmer50x
    20598 posts Club Captain
    edited October 2019
    Welbeck wrote: »

the entire premise of the article is moronic, why is Solskjaer the be all and end all in that respect? If you actually gave a good manager like Mourinho, van Gaal or looking forward Pochettino etc the mandate to rebuild the club like OGS has then they would have done. Reality is the board and the fans expected a lot of managers who had awful squads and had to win or the fans would be on their back.

That article is honestly one of the most moronic things I've ever read from top to bottom.

Because he is the incumbent, he is used as the example but I made a similar argument for keeping van Gaal years ago.

Mourinho doesn't do rebuilds and part of me regrets not sticking up for Moyes to get more time.

It isn't that Ole is necessarily the right man. It is that the philosophy of changing managers constantly is necessarily wrong. To say that we should sack Ole because X,Y, or Z and then just give the next more qualified manager time is the same as a food addict saying he'll start his diet tomorrow. Tomorrow never comes. We always find an excuse.

We can't back Moyes because he has no record of managing a top club.
    We can't back LVG because his football is boring.
    We can't back Mourinho because he is toxic.
    We can't back Ole because he's unproven.

Eventually, a red line needs to be drawn. The manager must be backed to rebuild regardless of the (many valid) concerns and you just see what happens in a few years. All short term distractions and critiques must be willfully ignored and a long term plan pursued.

The club must ignore the "fans". They are toxic and have joined the cult of managerial turnover. Ed Woodward needs to take a stand with his manager and tell the media and social media "fans" to go **** themselves.
  • Tornado31619
    18847 posts World Class

Because the first one would be the Italian Mourinho.

I will be very angry if we replace Ole with Allegri.
  • TakeItSlow
    8176 posts League Winner

Why though? Ole plays defensive, counter attacking football and has an awful CV.

Allegri plays defensive football but has an incredible CV.

Any sane fan would go for Allegri over Ole, Allegri is the best that’s currently available.
  • Sellish
    9766 posts League Winner
    TakeItSlow wrote: »

Why though? Ole plays defensive, counter attacking football and has an awful CV.

Allegri plays defensive football but has an incredible CV.

Any sane fan would go for Allegri over Ole, Allegri is the best that’s currently available.

Ole doesn't want to play defensive football.
    He does that now because he feel we aren't good enough probably. We all believe that our football now is bad but Mourinho wanted to play defensive for example. Ole doesn't.