Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• Ahmer50x
    18120 posts World Class
    So what team against Rochdale?

For me, you go with the same team as against Astana except Lingard in for Rashford (whose spot up front is taken by Greenwood)
  • Retro_G
    29057 posts Player of the Year
    So you guys think Maddison and Sancho alone will turn this team around?

Sancho won't sign, if we don't get top 4. I still think we need a world class striker capable of 20+ goals a season and a proper CDM.
  • Keano
    13415 posts Has That Special Something
    edited September 22
    Retro_G wrote: »

Sancho won't sign, if we don't get top 4. I still think we need a world class striker capable of 20+ goals a season and a proper CDM.

Stop it.
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

For me, you go with the same team as against Astana except Lingard in for Rashford (whose spot up front is taken by Greenwood)

Basically agree yeah.
  • Ahmer50x
    18120 posts World Class

tumblr_pw3utedLr61qc85nuo3_500.gif

Just you wait :wink:
  • arsenalap
    5073 posts Big Money Move
    Keano wrote: »

Stop it.

Basically agree yeah.

You cant just say stop it because you dont like negativity :D
  • Keano
    arsenalap wrote: »

Stop it.

Basically agree yeah.

I can say stop it because people replying to someone who knows little to nothing about football or the club will keep coming back for attention if responded too. If you're happy to harbour him, feel free to invite him for a chat about Arsenal.
  • MarkFromNorwich
    3095 posts National Call-Up

Stop it.

Basically agree yeah.

I can say stop it because people replying to someone who knows little to nothing about football or the club will keep coming back for attention if responded too. If you're happy to harbour him, feel free to invite him for a chat about Arsenal.

I think you know very little about football if you think Ole is of the required level. People see a Statman Dave video and think they understand "tactics". This team is poorly coached! Ole might be a genius, but it's clearly not getting through to the players.

Like I said, watch Brighton vs Newcastle to see how a well coached team can play fluid football despite not having the most talented players - in before "bUt iT fInIsHeD 0-0".
  • arsenalap
    5073 posts Big Money Move

Stop it.

Basically agree yeah.

Nono you can keep him
  • Keano

Stop it.

Basically agree yeah.

Nono you can keep him

Exactly :trollface: There's a reason you lot are happy for him to be here ;)
  • MarkFromNorwich
    I don't watch Arsenal often enough to really form an opinion on them.
  • TheRealChev
    325 posts Sunday League Hero
    I'll say this for the people in the back, RASHFORD IS NOT A CENTER FORWARD. He is a out and out left winger, Mourinho knew that. Idk why Ole thinks Rashford can play there, he offers nothing in the attack, all he does is jog around and occasionally sprint to close down the defender. He doesn't know how to play that position and he's not strong enough to hold the ball up. Letting Lukaku go was a huge mistake and it is showing. We also are desperate for a creative attacking mid. Mata is not it anymore, his legs are gone.
  • Keano
    I'll say this for the people in the back, RASHFORD IS NOT A CENTER FORWARD. He is a out and out left winger, Mourinho knew that. Idk why Ole thinks Rashford can play there, he offers nothing in the attack, all he does is jog around and occasionally sprint to close down the defender. He doesn't know how to play that position and he's not strong enough to hold the ball up. Letting Lukaku go was a huge mistake and it is showing. We also are desperate for a creative attacking mid. Mata is not it anymore, his legs are gone.

giphy.gif
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    31870 posts National Team Captain
    edited September 23
    Post edited by XxRichiexRichxX on
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    31870 posts National Team Captain
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    my main grip atm is probably the fact Ole seems to have zero interest in changing things to try and improve somehow

his subs are always too late too, like if there was any game for half time changes, it was this. fred should have been on at HT

Tbf it felt like things changed a bit at HT, there's was a clear talking too at HT because there were more numbers being thrown into the box and it worked for a few chances, it just wasn't enough without a proper finisher in the squad.

My main gripe with him is the subs. They are either good swaps but too late, or just terrible all around.

I also hate the 4231. I wish he'd go back to a 433.
  • ChrisLFC
    7086 posts Big Money Move

Like Big Rom?
  • Retro_G
    29057 posts Player of the Year
    ChrisLFC wrote: »

Like Big Rom?

I always said big Rom shouldn't have been sold without a replacement.
  • ChrisLFC
    7086 posts Big Money Move
    ChrisLFC wrote: »

Like Big Rom?

I always said big Rom shouldn't have been sold without a replacement.

You were 100% right then
  • TakeItSlow
    7313 posts Big Money Move

Who's gonna be fit for next Monday?
  • Alex02
    2740 posts Fans' Favourite
    TakeItSlow wrote: »

Greenwood should be, possibly Martial too
  • TakeItSlow
    Alex02 wrote: »

Pogba, Shaw etc?
  • Apollo
    14861 posts Has That Special Something

Pogba, Shaw etc?

Pogba has a good chance as well. Ole said he hopes he'll be fit for the midweek game beforehand. Shaw highly unlikely.
  • TakeItSlow
    Apollo wrote: »

Pogba, Shaw etc?

Pogba has a good chance as well. Ole said he hopes he'll be fit for the midweek game beforehand. Shaw highly unlikely.

Interesting, I think Bellerin might be back for us but maybe only for the bench. Chambers likely to start.
  • UM4R
    3932 posts Moderator
    My biggest issue with Ole so far is that he has been in the job since December and in that time has failed to implement a way of playing for the team. Watching us you have no idea if we are meant to be pressing, playing counter-attack football, playing possession-based football. In that time other clubs have got new managers and you can clearly see a style of play they are trying to implement. We are still relying on moments rather than having an actual plan on how to beat teams. The worst part is teams don't even have to play well to beat us, coming up any half-decent performance and the team struggles badly

Yes he hasn't been backed by the board, but no amount of signings will help if there is no actual plan in place to how the team should be playing. The no10 we were linked with most was Fernandes, even if we sign him in January the team won't suddenly be playing better football.

Also, don't 100% agree with this buying Brtish youngsters policy we seem to be going with, we all like see young players coming through but they still have to be of a certain standard. And the prices we will have to pay for some of these players (£90m each on Rice and Maddison) 1) are they on that level? 2) scouts should be finding alternatives. Quick example I rather Havertz than Maddison
  • Apollo
    14861 posts Has That Special Something
    UM4R wrote: »
    My biggest issue with Ole so far is that he has been in the job since December and in that time has failed to implement a way of playing for the team. Watching us you have no idea if we are meant to be pressing, playing counter-attack football, playing possession-based football. In that time other clubs have got new managers and you can clearly see a style of play they are trying to implement. We are still relying on moments rather than having an actual plan on how to beat teams. The worst part is teams don't even have to play well to beat us, coming up any half-decent performance and the team struggles badly

Yes he hasn't been backed by the board, but no amount of signings will help if there is no actual plan in place to how the team should be playing. The no10 we were linked with most was Fernandes, even if we sign him in January the team won't suddenly be playing better football.

Also, don't 100% agree with this buying Brtish youngsters policy we seem to be going with, we all like see young players coming through but they still have to be of a certain standard. And the prices we will have to pay for some of these players (£90m each on Rice and Maddison) 1) are they on that level? 2) scouts should be finding alternatives. Quick example I rather Havertz than Maddison

When Ole first came in, he very clearly introduced a pressing style to the team. After a couple of months of that (not sure of the exact timeline) we had horrendous injury problems as the squad didn't have the fitness to sustain it. That's why for the later stages of the season the style changed as the fitness just wasn't there. After that though, I don't know if you watched our preseason games but the pressing was quite clearly reintroduced once he sorted out the squad's fitness in the first few weeks of preseason.

Having said that, that style of football that we were playing with in preseason is very different to what Ole has got the team doing in the early stages of this season, and it is definitely strange why you would introduce such a clear strategy in preseason only to not follow it through anywhere near as much once the season starts.
  • UM4R
    3932 posts Moderator
    Apollo wrote: »
    UM4R wrote: »

When Ole first came in, he very clearly introduced a pressing style to the team. After a couple of months of that (not sure of the exact timeline) we had horrendous injury problems as the squad didn't have the fitness to sustain it. That's why for the later stages of the season the style changed as the fitness just wasn't there. After that though, I don't know if you watched our preseason games but the pressing was quite clearly reintroduced once he sorted out the squad's fitness in the first few weeks of preseason.

Having said that, that style of football that we were playing with in preseason is very different to what Ole has got the team doing in the early stages of this season, and it is definitely strange why you would introduce such a clear strategy in preseason only to not follow it through anywhere near as much once the season starts.

exactly my point why work on something in pre-season than abandon it soon as the season starts, makes the whole pre-season pointless. A manager should know how he wants his team to play and stick with it, as closely as possible with the players he has at his disposal.

When Klopp took over Liverpool, the squad didn't have the fitness or the players for his style of play, but still made the team play in his style. yes the results weren't the best at the start, but everyone could clearly see the style of play he was going for. Then he bought players in and improved the fitness of the whole squad.

Same with Pep, when he came he didn't have the defence or gk to play his style of play, but he still stuck with it and then made the signings he needed and improved fitness for his style of pressing and tactical fouling.

Leeds had the same when Bielsa took over, the players there were definitely not used to his style of play or had the fitness to play his style effectively but he stuck with his ideas and the team slowly adapted and started to perform.

A manager should know his style and stick with it, as it gives the team direction and they know no matter what they always have to play in a certain way

• MarkFromNorwich
    Ole's style is park the bus counter attack pressing possession play.