Manchester United Football Club

Comments

  • Apollo
    15676 posts World Class
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Still happy with the decision to move on Sanchez and Lukaku.

    Don't care if we end up playing Gomes up top.

    You can't legislate for having 3 forwards out together.

    Don't think most particularly mind the decision to move them on... it's the decision to not replace that's stupid

    We have 3 STs. That's plenty.

    No. lmao. We have 2 wingers that want to play striker and one true 9.

    Martial is our number 9. Get over it.

    This. If he wants to use that argument about Rashford I can understand it, but not Martial.
  • forearms
    4876 posts National Call-Up
    The only shots on target coming from our defensive mids.
  • wth22
    10190 posts Has That Special Something
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    wth22 wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    **** happens.

    2 steps forward, 1 step back. It is what it is.

    We go again next week.

    What 2 steps forward? We took 2 steps forward first week and have been taking steps back ever since.

    Was referring to the 2 wins.

    Stop being so **** negative

    2 wins in 6 games mate, what the **** is there to be positive about that? :D
  • MorroWtje
    4858 posts National Call-Up
    Whoever that west ham defender was who was marking McT at that corner, not hiding the fact that he had his arms all over him, holding him back even before it came in. Surely that's a foul
  • arsenalap
    5690 posts Big Money Move
    Anderson was class.
  • finsfan85
    12721 posts Has That Special Something
    wth22 wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    wth22 wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    **** happens.

    2 steps forward, 1 step back. It is what it is.

    We go again next week.

    What 2 steps forward? We took 2 steps forward first week and have been taking steps back ever since.

    Was referring to the 2 wins.

    Stop being so **** negative

    2 wins in 6 games mate, what the **** is there to be positive about that? :D

    Majority of the United thread are extremely positive. A couple are negative. The truth lies somewhere in the middle.
  • Keano
    13689 posts Has That Special Something
    Fred coming on... for Matic
  • Ahmer50x
    19053 posts World Class
    wth22 wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    wth22 wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    **** happens.

    2 steps forward, 1 step back. It is what it is.

    We go again next week.

    What 2 steps forward? We took 2 steps forward first week and have been taking steps back ever since.

    Was referring to the 2 wins.

    Stop being so **** negative

    2 wins in 6 games mate, what the **** is there to be positive about that? :D

    2 wins in 3 games mate, what the **** are you being negative for? :D
  • Apollo
    15676 posts World Class
    UM4R wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Still happy with the decision to move on Sanchez and Lukaku.

    Don't care if we end up playing Gomes up top.

    You can't legislate for having 3 forwards out together.

    Don't think most particularly mind the decision to move them on... it's the decision to not replace that's stupid

    We have 3 STs. That's plenty.

    No. lmao. We have 2 wingers that want to play striker and one true 9.

    Martial is our number 9. Get over it.

    A shirt number doesn't make someone a good player for that position :neutral:

    Martial is fine at ST. I used to think Rashford would be as well but it's clear now he's better on the wing. If you want to make the winger argument about Rashford then fine, but not Martial. Happy with him leading the line.
  • Kman
    2944 posts Fans' Favourite
    I’m happy with the way we are trying to play this season but Ole wasn’t backed enough for the current rebuild we are in. If he isn’t backed again next window we are screwed
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    32015 posts National Team Captain
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Still happy with the decision to move on Sanchez and Lukaku.

    Don't care if we end up playing Gomes up top.

    You can't legislate for having 3 forwards out together.

    Don't think most particularly mind the decision to move them on... it's the decision to not replace that's stupid

    We have 3 STs. That's plenty.

    No. lmao. We have 2 wingers that want to play striker and one true 9.

    Martial is our number 9. Get over it.

    lmao... get over what? I'm not arguing that "he's our 9"... it doesn't change the fact that he's a winger that's playing ST :joy:
  • Retro_G
    29735 posts Player of the Year
    arsenalap wrote: »
    Anderson was class.

    Yeah he was very good, strange decision to take him off.
  • Sellish
    9391 posts League Winner
    Yet again Ole is choking with his subs. Get Gomes or Chong on instead of Mata you coward.
  • wth22
    10190 posts Has That Special Something
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    wth22 wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    wth22 wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    **** happens.

    2 steps forward, 1 step back. It is what it is.

    We go again next week.

    What 2 steps forward? We took 2 steps forward first week and have been taking steps back ever since.

    Was referring to the 2 wins.

    Stop being so **** negative

    2 wins in 6 games mate, what the **** is there to be positive about that? :D

    2 wins in 3 games mate, what the **** are you being negative for? :D

    An undeserved 1-0 win at home vs Leicester and a scrappy 1-0 win at home vs Astana ffs :lol:
  • MorroWtje
    4858 posts National Call-Up
    If we got the obvious targets of Bruno Fernandes and Maddison, would have given us so much more creativity, goals from forwards, wingers and midfield. Our squad atm isn't deserving of top 4, I'd say our squad is just bang average
  • Keano
    13689 posts Has That Special Something
    Noble should've potentially of been off for that.
  • UM4R
    3960 posts Moderator
    Apollo wrote: »
    UM4R wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Still happy with the decision to move on Sanchez and Lukaku.

    Don't care if we end up playing Gomes up top.

    You can't legislate for having 3 forwards out together.

    Don't think most particularly mind the decision to move them on... it's the decision to not replace that's stupid

    We have 3 STs. That's plenty.

    No. lmao. We have 2 wingers that want to play striker and one true 9.

    Martial is our number 9. Get over it.

    A shirt number doesn't make someone a good player for that position :neutral:

    Martial is fine at ST. I used to think Rashford would be as well but it's clear now he's better on the wing. If you want to make the winger argument about Rashford then fine, but not Martial. Happy with him leading the line.

    Martial is a better finisher than Rashford, I agree with that. But for us to be challenging for top 4 we need our striker to be getting over 20 goals. And I just don't see him getting that many. It will be interesting to see how he does with a full season up front
  • Ahmer50x
    19053 posts World Class
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Still happy with the decision to move on Sanchez and Lukaku.

    Don't care if we end up playing Gomes up top.

    You can't legislate for having 3 forwards out together.

    Don't think most particularly mind the decision to move them on... it's the decision to not replace that's stupid

    We have 3 STs. That's plenty.

    No. lmao. We have 2 wingers that want to play striker and one true 9.

    Martial is our number 9. Get over it.

    lmao... get over what? I'm not arguing that "he's our 9"... it doesn't change the fact that he's a winger that's playing ST :joy:

    van Gaal had him as a ST. Ole says he is a ST.

    But you think he's a winger.

    I know who I trust.

    As @Apollo said, your argument is good about Rashford but its just **** wrong about Martial
  • wth22
    10190 posts Has That Special Something
    Sellish wrote: »
    Yet again Ole is choking with his subs. Get Gomes or Chong on instead of Mata you coward.

    Agreed, Fred for Matic was good but he has to supplement that with taking Mata off. He's been absolutely tragic.

    No excuse for not putting kids on even now.
  • G000ner
    4327 posts National Call-Up
    You could do with a few of these West Ham players. Their midfield and attack is much better than yours
  • MorroWtje
    4858 posts National Call-Up
    wth22 wrote: »
    Sellish wrote: »
    Yet again Ole is choking with his subs. Get Gomes or Chong on instead of Mata you coward.

    Agreed, Fred for Matic was good but he has to supplement that with taking Mata off. He's been absolutely tragic.

    No excuse for not putting kids on even now.

    Mata hasn't done a thing for 74 minutes, what excuse does he have for not bringing Gomes on
  • Kman
    2944 posts Fans' Favourite
    I’m getting angry watching Mata play...Mata needs to be gone from the first team he’s past it ffs
  • Keano
    13689 posts Has That Special Something
    UM4R wrote: »
    Apollo wrote: »
    UM4R wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Still happy with the decision to move on Sanchez and Lukaku.

    Don't care if we end up playing Gomes up top.

    You can't legislate for having 3 forwards out together.

    Don't think most particularly mind the decision to move them on... it's the decision to not replace that's stupid

    We have 3 STs. That's plenty.

    No. lmao. We have 2 wingers that want to play striker and one true 9.

    Martial is our number 9. Get over it.

    A shirt number doesn't make someone a good player for that position :neutral:

    Martial is fine at ST. I used to think Rashford would be as well but it's clear now he's better on the wing. If you want to make the winger argument about Rashford then fine, but not Martial. Happy with him leading the line.

    Martial is a better finisher than Rashford, I agree with that. But for us to be challenging for top 4 we need our striker to be getting over 20 goals. And I just don't see him getting that many. It will be interesting to see how he does with a full season up front

    Not sure if you follow this thread very often or just on the off. Basically the majority of us understand Martial>Rashford when it comes to the striker position, but we've all said it's Martial/Rashfords year to be judged if they're starters in attack, squad players or to be moved on in the summer, point being we're giving them this season to prove themselves, if they don't they'll step aside for someone else, but we've been left with this current lot atm so have to make do till Jan atleast.
  • Kman
    2944 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited September 22
    G000ner wrote: »
    You could do with a few of these West Ham players. Their midfield and attack is much better than yours

    And better than yours bar Auba
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    32015 posts National Team Captain
    edited September 22
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Still happy with the decision to move on Sanchez and Lukaku.

    Don't care if we end up playing Gomes up top.

    You can't legislate for having 3 forwards out together.

    Don't think most particularly mind the decision to move them on... it's the decision to not replace that's stupid

    We have 3 STs. That's plenty.

    No. lmao. We have 2 wingers that want to play striker and one true 9.

    Martial is our number 9. Get over it.

    lmao... get over what? I'm not arguing that "he's our 9"... it doesn't change the fact that he's a winger that's playing ST :joy:

    van Gaal had him as a ST. Ole says he is a ST.

    But you think he's a winger.

    I know who I trust.

    As @Apollo said, your argument is good about Rashford but its just **** wrong about Martial

    Both have played him on the wing as well throughout their time in charge. It doesn't change the fact that he came up as a winger, plays like a winger. He's clearly just a winger playing at ST. Simple as that. He's not a natural 9. That's the argument being made here. I don't know why you're getting so offended by the comment.

    Also, just to clarify... my argument isn't that he shouldn't be playing Martial at ST... my argument is that it was mistake not to bring in reinforcements at ST.
  • Apollo
    15676 posts World Class
    Just hoping that they're back for next week so we can go with

    James - Martial - Greenwood
  • forearms
    4876 posts National Call-Up
    Gomes

    About effing time
  • Keano
    13689 posts Has That Special Something
    forearms wrote: »
    Gomes

    About effing time

    10 mins too late imo.
  • Retro_G
    29735 posts Player of the Year
    forearms wrote: »
    Gomes

    About effing time

    After 80 mins though, should've been brought on sooner.
  • MorroWtje
    4858 posts National Call-Up
    Keano wrote: »
    forearms wrote: »
    Gomes

    About effing time

    10 mins too late imo.

    You mean 80?
Sign In or Register to comment.