Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• Ahmer50x
    18290 posts World Class
    So there's Tornado with Neves... and now Ahmer with Maddison.

giphy.gif
  • Kman
    2931 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited September 21
    Yeah Pogba will be out and Maddison will come in. Looking forward to that tbh.

Different roles obviously
  • Retro_G
    29312 posts Player of the Year
    Kman wrote: »
    Yeah Pogba will be out and Maddison will come in. Looking forward to that tbh.

Different roles obviously

Pogba supposedly getting offered a new contract.
  • Adrian095
    34071 posts National Team Captain

We're all just tired of seeing a flip flop midfield littered with inconsistencies. We want midfield signings.
  • Ahmer50x
    18290 posts World Class

We're all just tired of seeing a flip flop midfield littered with inconsistencies. We want midfield signings.

For what its worth, Laurie Whitwell (from The Athletic) did an interview with FullTimeDevils this week where he confirmed United's interest in Rice, Maddison, and Sancho is real.

Did also mention though that the club won't be held to ransom for fees (Longstaff) or wages (Dybala) so we'll see what happens.

Hopefully, like Maguire, we push out the boat a little for the three of them.
  • Retro_G
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

For what its worth, Laurie Whitwell (from The Athletic) did an interview with FullTimeDevils this week where he confirmed United's interest in Rice, Maddison, and Sancho is real.

Did also mention though that the club won't be held to ransom for fees (Longstaff) or wages (Dybala) so we'll see what happens.

They fit the mould. The only problem is Woodward, Judge handling the negotiations. Euro 2020 next summer too, difficult to get signings done before the competition starts, the price will shoot up even more if they've a successful Euro.

I can imagine the board haggling over the price, another team comes in, takes them from under our nose. How much would you expect to pay for all three?
  • Keano
    13432 posts Has That Special Something

I'd like 2 of the 3.... or atleast 2/3 of those positions filled by people with as much quality/potential as them.

Sancho>Maddison>Rice for me.

We either need to get Sancho (depnds on CL football etc) or Maddison, i don't want to hear us going for 2nd or 3rd on our list & getting neither of them.
  • Ahmer50x
    18290 posts World Class
    Retro_G wrote: »

They fit the mould. The only problem is Woodward, Judge handling the negotiations. Euro 2020 next summer too, difficult to get signings done before the competition starts, the price will shoot up even more if they've a successful Euro.

I can imagine the board haggling over the price, another team comes in, takes them from under our nose. How much would you expect to pay for all three?

All in, I think we're looking at between 250-300m for the lot of them.

Sancho will run 100-120m (given Pepe was 72m), Maddison will be 80-100m (because Leicester will want to send a message that we need to stop picking off their best talents), and Rice is probably 60-70m (given Fred was 50m).
  • Keano
    13432 posts Has That Special Something

It's not great, but they have clinical strikers etc....

Aguero, Sterling, KDB
    Kane & Son
    Hazard
    Salah Mane & Firmino
    PEA

we have Martial who's composure could well lead hmi to a hattrick, but he's still young..... & Rashford who is either great or doesn't show atm, though he'll run for you for 90 minutes.

• Ahmer50x
    18290 posts World Class
    For 5.5 of those years, we were managed by Moyes, van Gaal, and Mourinho.

Hard to score a hattrick when the manager is parking the bus at 1-0
  • Retro_G

All in, I think we're looking at between 250-300m for the lot of them.

Sancho will run 100-120m (given Pepe was 72m), Maddison will be 80-100m (because Leicester will want to send a message that we need to stop picking off their best talents), and Rice is probably 60-70m (given Fred was 50m).

Yeah reckon around 300m myself, but doubt the board will spend more than 150m in the summer.
  • Retro_G

Pretty dire alright. Ibra, Lukaku came close on a few occasions. Hopefully Martial can step up to plate this season. He looked great before his injury.
  • Ahmer50x
    18290 posts World Class
    edited September 22

Yeah reckon around 300m myself, but doubt the board will spend more than 150m in the summer.

My expectation is that we spend 300m but then recoup like 120-150 on Pogba so net spend sits around 150m.

If Pogba goes, we really should be looking at Neves in addition to the 3 I've mentioned but we won't and so it'll be McTominay's job to plug in another hole that Woodward/Judge/Glazers leave in Ole's team.
  • Low Ki
    11789 posts Has That Special Something
    So is Ruben Neves the new Bruno Fernandes aka Gaitan that the media is drumming up?
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    31913 posts National Team Captain
    Supposedly working on giving Lingard a new contract. Makes me gag thinking about it being true.
  • Apollo
    15071 posts World Class
    Low Ki wrote: »
    So is Ruben Neves the new Bruno Fernandes aka Gaitan that the media is drumming up?

Nah he's just a player that one or two on here would really like us to sign, nothing like the media links of those you mentioned.
  • MarkFromNorwich
    3095 posts National Call-Up
    For 5.5 of those years, we were managed by Moyes, van Gaal, and Mourinho.

Hard to score a hattrick when the manager is parking the bus at 1-0

Solskjaer also parks the bus at 1-0.
  • arsenalap
    5222 posts Big Money Move
    edited September 22

My expectation is that we spend 300m but then recoup like 120-150 on Pogba so net spend sits around 150m.

If Pogba goes, we really should be looking at Neves in addition to the 3 I've mentioned but we won't and so it'll be McTominay's job to plug in another hole that Woodward/Judge/Glazers leave in Ole's team.

120-150m on Pogba...

If Madrid pay that then God help them. Pogba isn't the solution to their problems at all and he isn't worth that at all. Lucky for you they'll be desperate for a marquee midfielder.
  • Tornado31619
    17060 posts World Class
    Low Ki wrote: »

As Apollo said, he hasn’t been seriously linked with a move away from Wolves.
  • Tornado31619
    17060 posts World Class
    arsenalap wrote: »

120-150m on Pogba...

If Madrid pay that then God help them. Pogba isn't the solution to their problems at all and he isn't worth that at all. Lucky for you they'll be desperate for a marquee midfielder.

TBH Pogba would be a step in the right direction. Their midfield does need freshening up.
  • Ahmer50x
    18290 posts World Class
    Supposedly working on giving Lingard a new contract. Makes me gag thinking about it being true.

I don’t mind him staying if he’s used as a reserve who plays big games like Park Ji Sung was. It’s the concept of him starting constantly that makes me sick but if we signed Sancho+Maddison, that’d solve that :lol:
  • Ahmer50x
    18290 posts World Class
    edited September 22

Not a fan of Mata starting but otherwise satisfied
  • Apollo
    15071 posts World Class
    edited September 22
    Good that James is fit for the game at least
  • Sellish
    9202 posts League Winner
    I'm so tired of Matic..
  • Apollo
    15071 posts World Class
    Going to be annoyed with Ole if he doesn't give Gomes a cameo today
  • Ahmer50x
    18290 posts World Class
    Apollo wrote: »
    Going to be annoyed with Ole if he doesn't give Gomes a cameo today

He won’t. It’ll be Chong. Ole seems to think he’s further ahead than most of us on here
  • MorroWtje
    4751 posts National Call-Up
    Bleh, Matic and Pereira to me just aren't good enough to be starting, but then again we don't really have any other option :D
  • forearms
    4829 posts National Call-Up
    MorroWtje wrote: »
    Bleh, Matic and Pereira to me just aren't good enough to be starting, but then again we don't really have any other option :D

If Pereira starts, it should probably be in the 10 position.
  • Apollo
    15071 posts World Class
    forearms wrote: »
    MorroWtje wrote: »

If Pereira starts, it should probably be in the 10 position.

Yep. But because Mata is playing, Pereira will be on the right today so we'll really lack pace out there, hopefully it doesn't cost us too much