Manchester United Football Club

Comments

  • XxRichiexRichxX
    31885 posts National Team Captain
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Keano wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Seeing some people on social media (notably Adam McKola) saying Fred should start against West Ham.

    I thought he was garbage today. If Pogba isn’t fit, I’d go Matic personally.

    Problem is, Matic hasn't shown anything in the last year as to why he should start, Fred had a good/okay 2 months towards the end of last season at least... Fred might lose the ball a lot, but Matic just slows everything we try to do down when it comes to him,

    De Gea
    AWB Lindelof Maguire Young
    Fred - Mctominay (Mctominay stays back, Fred gets to support the cam a little more for the same reason people like Pogba further up, incase he loses the ball it's not as damaging to us)
    James/Greenwood - Pogba/Gomes/Pereira - Rashford
    Martial/Greenwood

    Depending on who's injured/carrying a knock obviously.

    I thought Matic did more in terms of starting attacking movements today than Fred did

    Matic was awful, kept passing backwards, offered nothing but headaches. Fred was whizzing the ball around with great accuracy, he was one of the better players on the pitch today.

    Weird because 66% of Matic’s passes we’re forward. While 65% of Freds were forward. Fred had 48 backwards passes to Matic’s 40. And while that tweet had Fred having the most final 3rd passes, Matic had only 3 Less passes in the final 3rd and mind you Matic played deeper more often than Fred did.

    Matic 100% was not awful. Fred wasn’t bad, but neither of them were convincing either, certainly not enough to suggest they deserve to be starting when McT and Pogba are healthy. And I already said I’d go with Fred between the two if Pogba isn’t playing, ultimately because Fred’s quicker.

    Fred still has a lot to prove

    He was terrible, pedestrian one dimensional predictable passing all night, made a big mistake that would've been punished against prem opposition. Matic is done, did you watch the game? 4 minute in highlight video, that counter was all on Matic, with his sloppy pass. The highlights won't show you the full story though, it was a sloppy pass from Matic that lead to that counter. Matic was bang average, Fred's overall game was a lot better than Matic.


    Agree to disagree. You’re acting as if I’m trying to say Matic was fantastic. I’ve said neither were convincing.

    Also, if you’re going to criticize Matic for that bad pass leading to a counter (which mistakes like that are inevitable from any player), I expect the same energy next time Maguire dribbles out the back and passes straight the oppo 3 times in a row leading to counter attacks.

    I'm not even convinced you watched the game mate, you probably just looked up the stats. Greenwood was my MOTM tonight, followed closely by Fred.

    Well I 100% watched the game. Neither of the two in the midfield were convincing. I think your sincerely overhyping his performance.

    Rojo, Greenwood, Gomes, Tuanzebe were all standouts before even getting to the midfield.
  • Ahmer50x
    18146 posts World Class
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Keano wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Seeing some people on social media (notably Adam McKola) saying Fred should start against West Ham.

    I thought he was garbage today. If Pogba isn’t fit, I’d go Matic personally.

    Problem is, Matic hasn't shown anything in the last year as to why he should start, Fred had a good/okay 2 months towards the end of last season at least... Fred might lose the ball a lot, but Matic just slows everything we try to do down when it comes to him,

    De Gea
    AWB Lindelof Maguire Young
    Fred - Mctominay (Mctominay stays back, Fred gets to support the cam a little more for the same reason people like Pogba further up, incase he loses the ball it's not as damaging to us)
    James/Greenwood - Pogba/Gomes/Pereira - Rashford
    Martial/Greenwood

    Depending on who's injured/carrying a knock obviously.

    I thought Matic did more in terms of starting attacking movements today than Fred did

    Matic was awful, kept passing backwards, offered nothing but headaches. Fred was whizzing the ball around with great accuracy, he was one of the better players on the pitch today.

    Weird because 66% of Matic’s passes we’re forward. While 65% of Freds were forward. Fred had 48 backwards passes to Matic’s 40. And while that tweet had Fred having the most final 3rd passes, Matic had only 3 Less passes in the final 3rd and mind you Matic played deeper more often than Fred did.

    Matic 100% was not awful. Fred wasn’t bad, but neither of them were convincing either, certainly not enough to suggest they deserve to be starting when McT and Pogba are healthy. And I already said I’d go with Fred between the two if Pogba isn’t playing, ultimately because Fred’s quicker.

    Fred still has a lot to prove

    He was terrible, pedestrian one dimensional predictable passing all night, made a big mistake that would've been punished against prem opposition. Matic is done, did you watch the game? 4 minute in highlight video, that counter was all on Matic, with his sloppy pass. The highlights won't show you the full story though, it was a sloppy pass from Matic that lead to that counter. Matic was bang average, Fred's overall game was a lot better than Matic.


    Agree to disagree. You’re acting as if I’m trying to say Matic was fantastic. I’ve said neither were convincing.

    Also, if you’re going to criticize Matic for that bad pass leading to a counter (which mistakes like that are inevitable from any player), I expect the same energy next time Maguire dribbles out the back and passes straight the oppo 3 times in a row leading to counter attacks.

    I'm not even convinced you watched the game mate, you probably just looked up the stats. Greenwood was my MOTM tonight, followed closely by Fred.

    Well I 100% watched the game. Neither of the two in the midfield were convincing. I think your sincerely overhyping his performance.

    Rojo, Greenwood, Gomes, Tuanzebe were all standouts before even getting to the midfield.

    Ended up watching all 90 mins and agree 100%
  • Ahmer50x
    18146 posts World Class
    Just played some seasons in FIFA 20.

    Happy to report that Maguire’s lack of pace hasn’t proved an issue thus far for me atleast
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    31885 posts National Team Captain
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Just played some seasons in FIFA 20.

    Happy to report that Maguire’s lack of pace hasn’t proved an issue thus far for me atleast

    Interesting because I’m seeing a lot of complaints over how slow CB’s feel. hoping it stays that way. Couldn’t stand seeing my 95+ pace player blow by a 70 pace static CB, and seeing that CB turn and track down my forward in less than 10 meters.
  • Retro_G
    29161 posts Player of the Year
    edited September 20
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Just played some seasons in FIFA 20.

    Happy to report that Maguire’s lack of pace hasn’t proved an issue thus far for me atleast

    You will get away with slow players in seasons, but it's a different story in ultimate team. Here is my starter team, Shaw is immense this year. I want AWB, but he is extinct.

    Smart-Select-20190920-040224-Chrome.jpg
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    31885 posts National Team Captain
    edited September 20
    Retro_G wrote: »

    Not that it matters because we clearly share different opinions, but most ratings like they will be inflated because he’s technically credited with an assist, despite Mason ultimately creating the goal himself.

    They wonderful grey area of what an assist is.

    Also, all those links confirm what I said about Matic not being terrible as well. My initial comment about Fred may have been extreme, but I still don’t think he was as great as your making him out to be by any means. As I said neither him or Matic were convincing and they are both well behind Pogba and McT. That being said I hope Fred finds form and becomes the player we thought he’d be
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    31885 posts National Team Captain
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Just played some seasons in FIFA 20.

    Happy to report that Maguire’s lack of pace hasn’t proved an issue thus far for me atleast

    You will get away with slow players in seasons, but it's a different story in ultimate team. Here is my starter team, Shaw is immense this year. I want AWB, but he is extinct.

    Smart-Select-20190920-040224-Chrome.jpg

    Yeah from what I’m seeing on streams, slow CB’s are a no go.
  • ViVaWhom
    8117 posts League Winner
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Seeing some people on social media (notably Adam McKola) saying Fred should start against West Ham.

    I thought he was garbage today. If Pogba isn’t fit, I’d go Matic personally.

    hmmm i feel you bring your bias when watvhing matches/players
  • Teh Zombz
    3811 posts National Call-Up
    the agenda against fred is too obvious in here, i'm not sure what game you guys was watching but he had a pretty good game
  • Pietu
    2127 posts Fans' Favourite
    What are your expectations for the West Ham game? For FPL purposes
  • ViVaWhom
    8117 posts League Winner
    Apollo wrote: »

    pretty annoying

    we got absolutely demolished there last season... atleast we will have a more hard working midfield without pogba
  • MarkFromNorwich
    3095 posts National Call-Up
    Why does it matter? United play crap regardless of the personnel.
  • arsenalap
    5116 posts Big Money Move
    Why does it matter? United play crap regardless of the personnel.

    Even I'm getting annoyed by this.

    You've made your point so many times. Yet I keep opening this thread and it's the same thing over and over again.
  • Keano
    13418 posts Has That Special Something
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Just played some seasons in FIFA 20.

    Happy to report that Maguire’s lack of pace hasn’t proved an issue thus far for me atleast
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Just played some seasons in FIFA 20.

    Happy to report that Maguire’s lack of pace hasn’t proved an issue thus far for me atleast

    Interesting because I’m seeing a lot of complaints over how slow CB’s feel. hoping it stays that way. Couldn’t stand seeing my 95+ pace player blow by a 70 pace static CB, and seeing that CB turn and track down my forward in less than 10 meters.

    See how they feel when my 94 pace striker runs past them :trollface:
    Apollo wrote: »

    Realised I can't even pull Martial out due to taking ceballos out, ah well.
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Just played some seasons in FIFA 20.

    Happy to report that Maguire’s lack of pace hasn’t proved an issue thus far for me atleast

    You will get away with slow players in seasons, but it's a different story in ultimate team. Here is my starter team, Shaw is immense this year. I want AWB, but he is extinct.

    Smart-Select-20190920-040224-Chrome.jpg

    Yeah from what I’m seeing on streams, slow CB’s are a no go.

    Lindelof/Bailly are my 2 cbs for it, a lot of people saying counter attacks are lethal, which is wat i'm trying to stop & also do.
  • Ahmer50x
    18146 posts World Class
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Just played some seasons in FIFA 20.

    Happy to report that Maguire’s lack of pace hasn’t proved an issue thus far for me atleast

    You will get away with slow players in seasons, but it's a different story in ultimate team. Here is my starter team, Shaw is immense this year. I want AWB, but he is extinct.

    Yeah, I don't play that crap for exactly that reason.

    I want FIFA to be a football simulator, not an arcade game at frenetic pace where the games all end 5-3.

    Mostly play seasons and career mode so should be fine for me.
  • Sellish
    9177 posts League Winner
    edited September 20
    Felt Fred was good yesterday. Matic was frkn horrible.

    But Fred has more or less always been good in european games. And Matic can't even play well against Astana, we can't use him in PL.
  • MarkFromNorwich
    3095 posts National Call-Up
    arsenalap wrote: »
    Why does it matter? United play crap regardless of the personnel.

    Even I'm getting annoyed by this.

    You've made your point so many times. Yet I keep opening this thread and it's the same thing over and over again.

    Why would I care if you get annoyed by it? Ahmer expressed annoyance that Shaw, Pogba and Martial were out. I just let him know that it's irrelevant. They played against Palace and the football was dire and United lost. They played against Wolves and the football was dire and United drew.
  • Ahmer50x
    18146 posts World Class


    Rashford firing shots at Jose again :love:
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    31885 posts National Team Captain
    edited September 20
    arsenalap wrote: »
    Why does it matter? United play crap regardless of the personnel.

    Even I'm getting annoyed by this.

    You've made your point so many times. Yet I keep opening this thread and it's the same thing over and over again.

    He’s a broken record at this point. Guy just sits there and repeats himself.

    And he’s got the nerve to complain about people “attacking” him because of his opinion....while attacking people for disagreeing with his.

    It’s clear at this point he’s just seeking attention.
    Post edited by XxRichiexRichxX on
  • arsenalap
    5116 posts Big Money Move
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Just played some seasons in FIFA 20.

    Happy to report that Maguire’s lack of pace hasn’t proved an issue thus far for me atleast

    You will get away with slow players in seasons, but it's a different story in ultimate team. Here is my starter team, Shaw is immense this year. I want AWB, but he is extinct.

    Yeah, I don't play that crap for exactly that reason.

    I want FIFA to be a football simulator, not an arcade game at frenetic pace where the games all end 5-3.

    Mostly play seasons and career mode so should be fine for me.

    You wait for clubs mate. You'll love it.
  • MarkFromNorwich
    3095 posts National Call-Up
    Ahmer50x wrote: »



    Rashford just can't believe his luck that he is playing every week despite being no better than someone like Welbeck. Any other manager would've gave him a bench role by now.
  • Kman
    2915 posts Fans' Favourite
    No Martial maybe Greenwood will get a start up top?
  • Apollo
    14936 posts Has That Special Something
    Kman wrote: »
    No Martial maybe Greenwood will get a start up top?

    Can't see it myself, rightly or wrongly I think Ole will want to give him a bit of a rest after 90 minutes yesterday and will give him a cameo off the bench
  • Keano
    13418 posts Has That Special Something
    Apollo wrote: »
    Kman wrote: »
    No Martial maybe Greenwood will get a start up top?

    Can't see it myself, rightly or wrongly I think Ole will want to give him a bit of a rest after 90 minutes yesterday and will give him a cameo off the bench

    Think it'll be;

    Rashford
    James - Mata/Lingard - Pereira/Lingard
  • Wyojasond
    11555 posts Has That Special Something
    Kman wrote: »
    No Martial maybe Greenwood will get a start up top?

    52777201-7882-4269-81db-a23f32f9c39d_text.gif
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    31885 posts National Team Captain
    Kman wrote: »
    No Martial maybe Greenwood will get a start up top?

    It should be, but likely won’t be.
  • Apollo
    14936 posts Has That Special Something
    Kman wrote: »
    No Martial maybe Greenwood will get a start up top?

    It should be, but likely won’t be.

    It won't be long now imo, the tactical switch at half time where he got the front 3 in their proper positions shows that Ole is open to the idea, the more Greenwood plays he'll give Ole no choice but to move him up front sooner rather than later
Sign In or Register to comment.