Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• Ahmer50x
    18284 posts World Class
    You can really see what Ole is doing at CB now:

CB 1: Maguire
    CB 2: Lindelof
    CB 3: Tuanzebe
    CB 4: Jones+Bailly (have both and hope one is fit)

Rojo gets sold when Bailly is fit again.

Don't like his strategy with regards to CB 4 but I can live with it the way Liverpool fans tolerate Lovren.

Add in AWB/Dalot at RB and Shaw at LB. Add in de Gea and Romero. Basically, once we replace Young next summer we're defensively set for years to come.
  • Handy Andy
    5763 posts Big Money Move
    It wouldn’t be Manchester United if you weren’t rewarding mediocrity
  • Sellish
    9202 posts League Winner
    Ole calling Mason one of the best finisher ever seen.
  • MarkFromNorwich
    3095 posts National Call-Up
    Handy Andy wrote: »
    It wouldn’t be Manchester United if you weren’t rewarding mediocrity

Shaw - Maguire - Lindelof - Wan Bissaka

"Set for years"

:joy:
  • RayS
    25714 posts Player of the Year
    If anyone wondered, it takes 79 hours to drive to Nur Sultan (where Astana is) from Manchester.

1568829450554-image001.png
  • Tornado31619
    17058 posts World Class
    PSG-Real or Atletico-Juve? Leaning towards the former.
  • Retro_G
    29291 posts Player of the Year
    I was surprised Lindelof got a new contract this early, with his form being poor this season. Anyone know how much he is on?

Smart-Select-20190912-075949-Chrome.jpg
  • MarkFromNorwich
    3095 posts National Call-Up
    He'll be on at least 150k a week.
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    13463 posts Has That Special Something
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Manchester United youngster Max Taylor was diagnosed with cancer at age 19, he’s spent 11 months away from the academy and today he returned to training with the U23s.

Buzzing for the lad. Huge respect

FB-IMG-1568842738947.jpg

That's great to see, delighted for the lad.

Must of been great for him to come back into the fold. Good on him for never giving up
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    31913 posts National Team Captain
    edited September 19
    Retro_G wrote: »
    I was surprised Lindelof got a new contract this early, with his form being poor this season. Anyone know how much he is on?

Smart-Select-20190912-075949-Chrome.jpg

1.5 (Give .5 for the Vestergaard header because Vestergaard is a giant and he was Rashfords man) bad moments and apparently he’s been poor this season, lets just ignore the rest of the play of his. 🤷🏼‍♂️ :lol:

He deserves to be on whatever Maguires on, arguably more given he’s been at the club longer.
  • Sellish
    9202 posts League Winner
    Gameday!
  • ViVaWhom
    8148 posts League Winner
    i am kinda excited about tonight tbh
  • arsenalap
    5220 posts Big Money Move
    Same.

Probably just because it's so early and theres players and systems to watch.
  • Ahmer50x
    18284 posts World Class
    Yup, really excited to see the youth play.

Really sad I'm gonna miss the last 30 mins or so
  • SDoofus
    5141 posts Big Money Move
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Yup, really excited to see the youth play.

Really sad I'm gonna miss the last 30 mins or so

Why? Is @TakeItSlow going to lock you inside his head?
  • Ahmer50x
    18284 posts World Class
    edited September 19

Hopefully not too seriously.

Don't want to play any league starters until the knockout stages personally.

Also, the Europa League is not a real major trophy for a top club like us IMO

Would rather finish 4th and win the league cup
  • Apollo
    15058 posts World Class

Hopefully that's a hint at him starting tonight!
  • Keano
    13431 posts Has That Special Something
    The importance of the Europa league goes up with the CL qualification, before that it was an okay trophy, but it was the last one we needed to win to secure every trophy about. CL qualification makes it more important.
  • Ahmer50x
    18284 posts World Class
    Keano wrote: »
    The importance of the Europa league goes up with the CL qualification, before that it was an okay trophy, but it was the last one we needed to win to secure every trophy about. CL qualification makes it more important.

It's a backdoor to top 4 but as far as "trophies Man Utd should aspire to win" I don't give it much value

Like if we finish outside top 4, we have to win it and its super important.

If we finish top 4, it's all of a sudden the least valuable trophy we're competing for IMO
  • Tornado31619
    17058 posts World Class

Hopefully not too seriously.

Don't want to play any league starters until the knockout stages personally.

Also, the Europa League is not a real major trophy for a top club like us IMO

Would rather finish 4th and win the league cup

Can easily finish 4th and win the EL. Also gives us a chance at the Super Cup, which, at the end of the day, is still a trophy, and a far more significant one than the League Cup.
  • Ahmer50x
    18284 posts World Class

Lukaku already fighting with his new teammates :joy:
  • Ahmer50x
    18284 posts World Class

Pretty crazy that this was just a little over two years ago and 10 of the squad that won EL are gone now: Valencia, Darmian, Smalling, Blind, Carrick, Fellaini, Herrera, Mkhi, Rooney, Zlatan.

That includes 7 of the starting 11 in the final. (would've been 8 if Zlatan was fit for it)
  • Keano
    13431 posts Has That Special Something

It's a backdoor to top 4 but as far as "trophies Man Utd should aspire to win" I don't give it much value

If we finish top 4, it's all of a sudden the least valuable trophy we're competing for IMO

As I said it was important last time due to being the only trophy we hadn't won, but also CL qualification.

You get through the groups, then you start to take it more seriously & judge the league & El for whats more likely.
  • ViVaWhom
    8148 posts League Winner

i dont know... Europa league is more valuable than League Cup imo, by far...

problem with EL is that you need to sacrifice your domestic league too much
  • Ahmer50x
    18284 posts World Class
    ViVaWhom wrote: »

i dont know... Europa league is more valuable than League Cup imo, by far...

problem with EL is that you need to sacrifice your domestic league too much

I know its more prestigious but I personally can't accept it as a real trophy we compete for.

I still think of the season as being CL>PL>FA>LC with Super cup, Club World Cup, and Community shield as little garnishes if you do well in the main 4.