Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• Ahmer50x
    18290 posts World Class
    edited September 17
    Apollo wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Obviously most of us have pointed out at some stage that Tuanzebe/Greenwood/Gomes/Chong need to be starting on Thursday, wondering what people think on a different matter for that game though.

If Martial is fit for Thursday, do you stick him on the bench and give him like 15 minutes at the end of the game or something to get some minutes back in his legs ahead of West Ham, or regardless of if he's fit for Thursday do you completely rest him for West Ham?

I’d probably do exactly that. 15 mins at the end for anyone coming back from injury
    Keano wrote: »
    Obviously most of us have pointed out at some stage that Tuanzebe/Greenwood/Gomes/Chong need to be starting on Thursday, wondering what people think on a different matter for that game though.

If Martial is fit for Thursday, do you stick him on the bench and give him like 15 minutes at the end of the game or something to get some minutes back in his legs ahead of West Ham, or regardless of if he's fit for Thursday do you completely rest him for West Ham?

I'd prob give him 15-20 mins depending on how serious the injury was/match fit he is etc.

Yeah I think that's the right move too, hopefully Pogba's fit for that game to do the same.

It looks like Dalot has recovered from his injury, he tweeted "getting ready for Thursday", will be very welcome to have him back from injury with Shaw out.
    Romero
    Dalot---Tuanzebe---Jones---Rojo
    Matic---Fred
    Chong---Mata---Gomes
    Greenwood

That's what I'd go with for Astana if Dalot is back. Then make 11 changes against WHU to go:
    de Gea
    AWB---Lindelof---Maguire---Young
    McT---Pogba
    Rashford---Pereira---James
    Martial

I don't think Shaw is expected back this week but if he is then play him against WHU, Young against Astana, and Rojo benched.
  • Pietu
    2206 posts Fans' Favourite
    forearms wrote: »
    They are broadcasting Porto vs Young Boys for Christs sake. I'm sure there is a huge amount of Americans who cant wait to watch that match.

Americans love their young boys tbf :trollface:
  • Sellish
    9202 posts League Winner
    I have no idea where to watch EL.
    I still use Sweden's stream services but no one have EL this year I think.
  • Apollo
    15074 posts World Class
    Sellish wrote: »
    I have no idea where to watch EL.
    I still use Sweden's stream services but no one have EL this year I think.

Down the pub?
  • Apollo
    15074 posts World Class

I’d probably do exactly that. 15 mins at the end for anyone coming back from injury

I'd prob give him 15-20 mins depending on how serious the injury was/match fit he is etc.

Yeah I think that's the right move too, hopefully Pogba's fit for that game to do the same.

It looks like Dalot has recovered from his injury, he tweeted "getting ready for Thursday", will be very welcome to have him back from injury with Shaw out.
    Romero
    Matic---Fred
    Chong---Mata---Gomes
    Greenwood

That's what I'd go with for Astana if Dalot is back. Then make 11 changes against WHU to go:
    de Gea
    McT---Pogba
    Martial

I don't think Shaw is expected back this week but if he is then play him against WHU, Young against Astana, and Rojo benched.

Yeah I'd agree with that. Gives the academy players much needed game time and keeps the core first team fresh.
  • ViVaWhom
    8148 posts League Winner
    more posts were deleted i guess, STOP IT
  • ViVaWhom
    8148 posts League Winner

Romero
    Matic---Fred
    Chong---Mata---Gomes
    Greenwood

de Gea
    McT---Pogba
    Martial

i want this at west ham
    de Gea
    McT---Matic
    Rashford---Pogba---James
    Martial
  • MarkFromNorwich
    3095 posts National Call-Up
    This insistence on playing a 4231, especially with Pogba as the 10, is baffling to me. I have no idea why fans want to see it either. The only time Solskjaer had anything resembling success was playing a 433.
  • EA_Rtas
    1425 posts EA Moderator
    SDoofus wrote: »
    Ffs, just as the thread got it's "new" post tags back.

Can't be helped I'm afraid
  • Pietu
    2206 posts Fans' Favourite
    EA_Rtas wrote: »

Not your fault. Much rather this than all the unnecessary things people post in here, a good clean up is sometimes needed
  • Ahmer50x
    18290 posts World Class
    ViVaWhom wrote: »

Romero
    Matic---Fred
    Chong---Mata---Gomes
    Greenwood

de Gea
    McT---Pogba
    Martial

i want this at west ham
    de Gea
    McT---Matic
    Rashford---Pogba---James
    Martial

Thought Pereira looked really good at 10 personally at the end of the Leicester match. Think he's got all the skills to cover there for us.

I don't mind your setup but I'd like too see Fred over Matic. Thought he looked really good when he came on against Leicester.
  • Pxul_
    7919 posts League Winner

Any idea how many have been deleted?
  • Apollo
    15074 posts World Class

Romero
    Matic---Fred
    Chong---Mata---Gomes
    Greenwood

de Gea
    McT---Pogba
    Martial

i want this at west ham
    de Gea
    McT---Matic
    Rashford---Pogba---James
    Martial

Thought Pereira looked really good at 10 personally at the end of the Leicester match. Think he's got all the skills to cover there for us.

I don't mind your setup but I'd like too see Fred over Matic. Thought he looked really good when he came on against Leicester.

100% this. While going the Pogba at 10 route isn't my first choice, if Ole wanted to play it that way I'd rather see Fred alongside McTominay. Let McTominay keep the holding role rather than changing his role in the two and let Fred be the more advanced of them.
  • Keano
    13432 posts Has That Special Something
    Fred should be playing above Matic anyway, Fred has legs... sure he loses the ball a lot, but he tries to do stuff, Matic is known for being that midfield general, but he's past it, no legs, ability has gone partially with needing that extra couple of seconds that you don't get in the Prem etc.

Fred can still be good, he didn't get enough of a run out last season imo, this season I hope Ole does use him, Matic just isn't the guy we bought anymore.
  • Ahmer50x
    18290 posts World Class

Romero
    Matic---Fred
    Chong---Mata---Gomes
    Greenwood

de Gea
    McT---Pogba
    Martial

i want this at west ham
    de Gea
    McT---Matic
    Rashford---Pogba---James
    Martial

100% this. While going the Pogba at 10 route isn't my first choice, if Ole wanted to play it that way I'd rather see Fred alongside McTominay. Let McTominay keep the holding role rather than changing his role in the two and let Fred be the more advanced of them.

I actually think Pogba at 10 is the way to go. Was just being realistic by picking him in the pivot.

If you look at how often Pogba gives the ball away cheaply, we want him as far away from our own goal as possible IMO
  • Keano
    13432 posts Has That Special Something

Romero
    Matic---Fred
    Chong---Mata---Gomes
    Greenwood

de Gea
    McT---Pogba
    Martial

i want this at west ham
    de Gea
    McT---Matic
    Rashford---Pogba---James
    Martial

I actually think Pogba at 10 is the way to go. Was just being realistic by picking him in the pivot.

If you look at how often Pogba gives the ball away cheaply, we want him as far away from our own goal as possible IMO

Give him the free role further up in a cam position, he may drift to the left, but James on the right with his pace he's already shown he's up for sprinting the whole pitch to make a tackle whilst others may be elsewhere. We all know Pogba likes to drift to the left (like Martial/Rashford), the issue with that (not pogba's issue), is that we don't have that rcm/rdm to cover that, Matic's legs have gone so he should be a sub at best, Fred is still 50/50 on if he can come good, Mctominay is looking promising but this will be a big season for him, Personally i'd go with..

433 when attacking, 4231 when defending.

Rashford - Martial - James (all switching about as they can all play those positions)
    Pogba (Roaming to do his thing & will have Rashford/James as support when defending with 2 cdms behind).
    Mctominay - Pereira/Fred (Pereira has played as a cdm & is creative also, which we may need on the right side if Pogba goes to the left, Fred can sprint for days, just needs to work on his technique, Fred/Pereira as more creative players can join Pogba when we're boxing opposition in.
    Shaw - Maguire - Lindelof - AWB (standard)
    De Gea

• EA_Rtas
    1425 posts EA Moderator
    edited September 17
    Pxul_ wrote: »

Too many.

Specifically today just under 50
  • forearms
    4829 posts National Call-Up

Too many.

Any clue why some of us are having formatting issues? I am still having large blank spaces appear when returning to new posts. It did it on your post just now.
  • Sellish
    9202 posts League Winner

Too many.

Any clue why some of us are having formatting issues? I am still having large blank spaces appear when returning to new posts. It did it on your post just now.

Same here
  • Tropicaz XBL
    4322 posts National Call-Up
    This insistence on playing a 4231, especially with Pogba as the 10, is baffling to me. I have no idea why fans want to see it either. The only time Solskjaer had anything resembling success was playing a 433.

United looked pretty dangerous against us last season at The Emirates when they played 442 as well. Not been impressed by them attacking wise using 4231 once since OGS has been in charge, bar the Chelsea game on the counter attack.
  • EA_Rtas
    1425 posts EA Moderator

Too many.

Are you using Mobile or Desktop? What browser are you using?

I'll see what I can find out
  • Sellish
    9202 posts League Winner

Too many.

Chrome on mobile for me.
  • Apollo
    15074 posts World Class

Too many.

Chrome on mobile for me.

Are you on iPhone? Because I haven't noticed anything on android
  • Ahmer50x
    18290 posts World Class

Too many.

Chrome on mobile for me.

Things are fine for me on Safari for both iPhone and Mac
  • Sellish
    9202 posts League Winner

Too many.

Chrome on mobile for me.

Samsung S10. Haven't had any issues on the phone earlier.
  • Apollo
    15074 posts World Class

Too many.

Chrome on mobile for me.

Samsung S10. Haven't had any issues on the phone earlier.

I've got a Samsung S8 and use the default browser with no problems on the forum atm, so depending on what @forearms says it might just be chrome on android that the forum is playing up on.
  • SDoofus
    5144 posts Big Money Move

Too many.

Chrome on mobile for me.

Things are fine for me on Safari for both iPhone and Mac

Same, plus on my work PC using chrome, all good.
  • Sellish
    9202 posts League Winner
    The club just gave us an 15 minutes long interview with DJ.
    It was worth to watch.
  • SDoofus
    5144 posts Big Money Move
    edited September 17
    Where have @Retro_G and @Gervonta and @Couchy gone?