The Ligue 1 POTM SBC has temporarily taken down & will return at a later time, updates to follow today PST on this FIFA Direct twitter thread. Forum thread discussing the issue is here.

Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• WryLucky
    2030 posts Fans' Favourite
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

Interesting discussion.

Have to say I agree with Carragher.

It's going to cost over 300m to bring Rice, Sancho and Maddison to Man United.
  • Ahmer50x
    20826 posts Club Captain
    edited September 2019
    WryLucky wrote: »

Interesting discussion.

Have to say I agree with Carragher.

It's going to cost over 300m to bring Rice, Sancho and Maddison to Man United.

9vwRFhM.gif

Rice honestly isn't my highest concern. I like both him and McGinn if we do go for a starting holding mid next summer but if McTominay continues as he is we may not need to buy a starter.

RW, CAM, and a CM who can dictate tempo (to replace Pogba) are the big priorities for next summer IMO

I think the club should be prepared to spend 300m on those 3 players, with the understanding that a not insignificant chunk (100-150m) of that will be paid for by selling Pogba. In a dream world, I'm going Neves, Maddison, and Sancho.
  • MarkFromNorwich
    3124 posts National Call-Up
    150m of that wasted on Rice and Maddison.
  • Adrian095
    34071 posts National Team Captain
    West Ham without Masuaku for the weekend.

Will be a very interesting match.

We lost there 3-1 last September under Mourinho

Let's see if anything has changed.

EDIT: Just had a look. We've won there twice in the past six seasons since SAF retired. 2014 under Moyes and 2017 under Mourinho.

West Ham away is always a nightmare
  • Dan13
    4691 posts National Call-Up
    edited September 2019

Hope Ole gives him a permanent first team coaching job once he gets the badges done.

What if he's not a world class coach?

Never mind, I forgot that your ability as a coach is irrelevant as long as you have some sort of connection with the club.

Why don't you just **** and stop being constantly negative.

It's being realistic. You can't keep giving people jobs in very important positions just because they have played at the club before. Solskjaer is NOT a world class manager, Evra probably won't be a world class coach. That's not being negative, it's just being realistic. Just like you have the top 0.00001% of football players, you also have the top 0.0001% of football coaches - it's extremely likely Evra won't be one of those.
    Some still haven't come to terms with the fact that Fergie's gone, which is ironic because he would be disgusted with the logic behind these (prospective) appointments. Why not just get the class of '92 to all be co-managers?
  • ChrisLFC
    7236 posts Big Money Move
    Why would Sancho join United when he could go to Barca, City, Bayern etc..?
  • Tornado31619
    18953 posts World Class
    ChrisLFC wrote: »

He might want to join those other clubs, who knows? But there’s no reason for him not to sign for United unless we don’t obtain CL football.
  • Mike
    10071 posts Has That Special Something
    They give £300k to players like De Gea and Rashford, imagine what they’ll give to an actual good player
  • Kman
    3060 posts National Call-Up
    Mike wrote: »
    They give £300k to players like De Gea and Rashford, imagine what they’ll give to an actual good player

Ohhh so clever Mike got em’....

• ChrisLFC

He might want to join those other clubs, who knows? But there’s no reason for him not to sign for United unless we don’t obtain CL football.

What do you mean theres no reason not to?

United:

Unproven manager.
    Poor squad without a reliable goal scorer.
    Pressure of high expectations
    Fair chance he won't be playing CL football
    He won't compete for major trophies for another 2+ years
    Pogba leaving
    Maybe you pay him 500k a week to compensate all that? :D

City:

One of the best managers of all time
    Great squad can be eased into the first team
    Sane, Mahrez and Sterling were all big money signings so the pressure isn't on him to be the star player.
    Will compete for major trophies immediately

Bayern:

Will compete for major trophies immediately
    Guaranteed CL football and a league title as he weakens their biggest rival
    Doesn't have to adapt to a new league
    World class teammates

Barca:

Playing with Messi.
    Guaranteed CL football
    Not many British players do well in Spain but he has already established himself in Germany.
    World class teammates

• ChrisLFC

Good point they'd be paying him 500k with that awful wage structure in place.
  • Mike
    Kman wrote: »

I mean, am I wrong? :lol:

• Apollo
    17350 posts World Class

When you can't even be bothered to get the factual part of your post correct, let alone the opinion part, then its not exactly going to be taken seriously. You're £100k too high on Rashford's wages, for example. The BBC confirmed that at the time.
  • Mike
    Apollo wrote: »

When you can't even be bothered to get the factual part of your post correct, let alone the opinion part, then its not exactly going to be taken seriously. You're £100k too high on Rashford's wages, for example. The BBC confirmed that at the time.
    Well it was also reported by multiple sources that he signed a £300k contact so it depends on who you believe
  • Apollo
    17350 posts World Class
    Simon Stone/the BBC said its £200k. Its £200k. The most reliable source out there on the club.
  • Ahmer50x
    20826 posts Club Captain

Not really so much a why as a how but United could just drive up the transfer fee to a point where those clubs back out.

If we table 120m or something, idk how many clubs will want to match it.

Plus nobody said he will want to join. We just want to try. If he says no, we should have backup targets in mind but we need to try shooting our shot
  • EA_Rtas
    1933 posts EA Moderator
    Alright, I've removed even more posts from in here. We're looking into the ignore function at the moment. However the ignore function is realistically going to do nothing if you continuously point out you've ignored that person.

Realistically if you're doing that it's bait. If you have someone on ignore, ignore them. I know it's not perfect and the person's post is still there just auto collapsed but it's whats in place at the moment. So if you've put someone on ignore leave it at that. Don't consistently bring it up you've got them on ignore. There's no need.

There was nearly a full page of people saying that they ignored someone in here, that has literally nothing to do with football or United so leave it out.

Let's keep it on topic alright? On that front fair do's to United on securing De Gea, I'd personally have liked to see him at another club but at the same time I imagine it's a relief for United fans to secure potentially the best keeper in the league if he makes a return to form.
  • Apollo
    17350 posts World Class
    Obviously most of us have pointed out at some stage that Tuanzebe/Greenwood/Gomes/Chong need to be starting on Thursday, wondering what people think on a different matter for that game though.

If Martial is fit for Thursday, do you stick him on the bench and give him like 15 minutes at the end of the game or something to get some minutes back in his legs ahead of West Ham, or regardless of if he's fit for Thursday do you completely rest him for West Ham?
  • Ahmer50x
    20826 posts Club Captain
    Obviously most of us have pointed out at some stage that Tuanzebe/Greenwood/Gomes/Chong need to be starting on Thursday, wondering what people think on a different matter for that game though.

If Martial is fit for Thursday, do you stick him on the bench and give him like 15 minutes at the end of the game or something to get some minutes back in his legs ahead of West Ham, or regardless of if he's fit for Thursday do you completely rest him for West Ham?

I’d probably do exactly that. 15 mins at the end for anyone coming back from injury
  • MarkFromNorwich
    3124 posts National Call-Up
    Rashford, Pereira, Lingard need to start on Thursday because they're rubbish, play Gomes and Greenwood in the league, they'd do a better job.
  • SDoofus
    6430 posts Big Money Move
    Ffs, just as the thread got it's "new" post tags back.
  • Keano
    14863 posts Has That Special Something

I'd prob give him 15-20 mins depending on how serious the injury was/match fit he is etc.
  • Apollo
    17350 posts World Class

I’d probably do exactly that. 15 mins at the end for anyone coming back from injury
    Keano wrote: »

I'd prob give him 15-20 mins depending on how serious the injury was/match fit he is etc.

Yeah I think that's the right move too, hopefully Pogba's fit for that game to do the same.

It looks like Dalot has recovered from his injury, he tweeted "getting ready for Thursday", will be very welcome to have him back from injury with Shaw out.
  • forearms
    5038 posts Big Money Move
    What is with this garbage of Bleacher Report? Now I have to find a stream of this to watch Thursday? I cant even get a replay later on? They didnt need to give me another reason to dislike their coverage.
  • Ahmer50x
    20826 posts Club Captain
    forearms wrote: »
    What is with this garbage of Bleacher Report? Now I have to find a stream of this to watch Thursday? I cant even get a replay later on? They didnt need to give me another reason to dislike their coverage.

The worst thing to happen to football in America.

Even the old Fox Soccer days were levels better
  • SDoofus
    6430 posts Big Money Move
    What's happened?
  • Wyojasond
    12679 posts Has That Special Something
    forearms wrote: »

I like using B/R for there sports story coverage, but I have to agree. There coverage of the CL and EL is horrible.

Not sure if you checked out the B/R Live app, but it does cover all the games I think. Bit to much for a year subscription in my opinion, but I think it’s only $2-$3 for a single game.
  • forearms
    5038 posts Big Money Move
    They are broadcasting Porto vs Young Boys for Christs sake. I'm sure there is a huge amount of Americans who cant wait to watch that match.