Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• Wyojasond
    11306 posts Has That Special Something
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    wth22 wrote: »
    Anything above 60m and you're getting ripped off.

Agreed. Don't think he's anywhere close to that level yet.

Most chances created in the Prem since his debut. Young, British, United fan.

Lad has it all. Would be my number one target over Sancho personally because he solves our bigger problem even though Sancho is obviously the more special talent.

I'd happily pay 100m for him.

I like his talent, but honestly I’d be worried about giving him a huge contract boost with his reported attitude issues. Could see him going off the deep end a bit personally.
  • Cyodine
    1317 posts Professional
    He might be worth more than Maguire but Maguire was not worth what was paid. I dont think Maddison is worth more than Pogba either. 70m max and even that seems a bit much considering who you can buy.
  • Mike
    9984 posts Has That Special Something
    I don’t understand how you can call Pogba a virus yet want to spend £100 mil on Maddison
  • Apollo
    14406 posts Has That Special Something
    wth22 wrote: »
    Anything above 60m and you're getting ripped off.

Agreed. Don't think he's anywhere close to that level yet.

Most chances created in the Prem since his debut. Young, British, United fan.

Lad has it all. Would be my number one target over Sancho personally because he solves our bigger problem even though Sancho is obviously the more special talent.

I'd happily pay 100m for him.

I like his talent, but honestly I’d be worried about giving him a huge contract boost with his reported attitude issues. Could see him going off the deep end a bit personally.

That worry has occurred to me as well. Talent wise I think he'd be a great signing, a little concerned about his attitude though.
  • Ahmer50x
    17463 posts World Class
    Maddison cost 22.5m for Leicester from the Championship. Given what he's done since, his value has at minimum tripled.

70m is the floor IMO

I can even see Leicester rejecting a 100m bid and holding out for more tbh
  • El_Nino
    2947 posts Fans' Favourite
    100mill+ on Maddison is mental. Same as Maguire, overpriced decent English player, will he help your team, absolutely, is he worth that price? Not even close.

I’d much sooner see Chelsea spend 60 on someone like Bruno Fernandes personally, I just don’t rate buying from the prem anymore, it’s ridiculous the prices you pay.
  • Cyodine
    1317 posts Professional
    The only British players that are worth paying over the odds for is Kane, Sterling, and TAA. Better off buying two or three foreign talents for the price of a British lad.
  • Ahmer50x
    17463 posts World Class
    El_Nino wrote: »
    100mill+ on Maddison is mental. Same as Maguire, overpriced decent English player, will he help your team, absolutely, is he worth that price? Not even close.

I’d much sooner see Chelsea spend 60 on someone like Bruno Fernandes personally, I just don’t rate buying from the prem anymore, it’s ridiculous the prices you pay.

It's early days, but I'm quite happy with all 3 of our signings this summer and really like the policy and would like to continue it moving forward.

AWB is elite. Maguire has been solid. James has been better than advertised.

I'm quite happy with what we've seen so far and happy to continue with Ole's Brexit FC policy.

Rice, Longstaff, McGinn, Neves are all on my radar as potential midfield pivot signings while I'd love Maddison and Sancho in attack. If it costs triple than a continental import, I don't care.

Not arsed about transfer fees at all. Only wages since they can reflect a player's motivations.
  • Apollo
    Cyodine wrote: »
    The only British players that are worth paying over the odds for is Kane, Sterling, and TAA. Better off buying two or three foreign talents for the price of a British lad.

giphy.gif
  • El_Nino

You forgot Mount/Tammy/James/CHO/RLC/Tomori Easily 1billion worth of English talent there.
  • Cyodine
    1317 posts Professional
    Apollo wrote: »

giphy.gif

Is he prem proven?
  • Apollo

giphy.gif

Is he prem proven?

That wasn't in your criteria ;)
  • El_Nino
    El_Nino wrote: »

It's early days, but I'm quite happy with all 3 of our signings this summer and really like the policy and would like to continue it moving forward.

AWB is elite. Maguire has been solid. James has been better than advertised.

I'm quite happy with what we've seen so far and happy to continue with Ole's Brexit FC policy.

Rice, Longstaff, McGinn, Neves are all on my radar as potential midfield pivot signings while I'd love Maddison and Sancho in attack. If it costs triple than a continental import, I don't care.

Not arsed about transfer fees at all. Only wages since they can reflect a player's motivations.

AWB I agree good buy, but I think the price was fair on him. Maguire hasn’t done anything to show he’s worth 80mill imo. Don’t get me wrong he absolutely could do, but too early.
    James obviously looks a great buy, but not English/Prem so a little different to my point.

Don’t get me wrong I understand why you’d be happy with getting him, I’d love him at Chelsea, just thinking practically I think 100+ mill could be spent a lot better
  • MarkFromNorwich
    3030 posts National Call-Up
    80-100m for a guy who got 7 goals and assists in the league last season - and I'm pretty sure he's on every set piece - and that is what you call Premier League proven? Proven what?
  • MarkFromNorwich
    Players like Fabian Ruiz are twice as good and wouldn't cost more than 70m. There is talent outside of midtable PL clubs.
  • Ahmer50x
    17463 posts World Class
    80-100m for a guy who got 7 goals and assists in the league last season - and I'm pretty sure he's on every set piece - and that is what you call Premier League proven? Proven what?

7 goals, 7 assists, top for chance creation, Young and English. What’s not to love? :love:
  • Cyodine
    1317 posts Professional

giphy.gif

Is he prem proven?

Lol! The problem with Sancho is Dortmund and the English media know of Sancho and the PL romance. It's a match made in Heaven. Any English club that goes after him will get rinsed and the tabloids will expect a bag of goals and assists a match from him. Better off going in for Mbappe and Sancho's better off going to Spain.
  • MarkFromNorwich
    Is 7 goals & assists meant to be impressive for a guy who is on most set pieces in a top half team?
  • Apollo
    Imagine not rating a debut season in the PL of 7 goals, 7 assists and top in chance creation, when its your first season in the league and you're only 21 :D
  • arsenalap
    4639 posts National Call-Up
    edited September 12
    Players like Fabian Ruiz are twice as good and wouldn't cost more than 70m. There is talent outside of midtable PL clubs.

Baller.

If United wanna pay 100m for Maddison I'm all for it.

90m for Rice too please.
  • Apollo
    arsenalap wrote: »

Baller.

90m for Rice too please.

You do know that story about Rice's price came from the Daily Express? :joy:
  • MarkFromNorwich
    Imagine not rating a debut season in the PL of 7 goals, 7 assists and top in chance creation, when its your first season in the league and you're only 21 :D

He's 22, nearly 23.
  • arsenalap
    4639 posts National Call-Up

Baller.

90m for Rice too please.

Yet it is believable
  • Sellish
    9039 posts League Winner

giphy.gif

Is he prem proven?

Lol! The problem with Sancho is Dortmund and the English media know of Sancho and the PL romance. It's a match made in Heaven. Any English club that goes after him will get rinsed and the tabloids will expect a bag of goals and assists a match from him. Better off going in for Mbappe and Sancho's better off going to Spain.

No one in the prem is getting Mbappe.
  • Cyodine
    1317 posts Professional

He's 22, nearly 23.

Still young as people consider a players prime at 28 or so.
  • Apollo

Baller.

90m for Rice too please.

Yet it is believable

The Daily Express is one of the worst papers there is. Even if we sign Rice for £90m next summer, this story from the Express reporting it at this stage is absolute BS.
  • Mike
    9984 posts Has That Special Something

He's 22, nearly 23.

De Gea started regressing at 26
  • MarkFromNorwich
    Maddison is probably Gylfi Sigurdsson level, good player for those 7-10th clubs but not quite good enough for a top club.

Makes sense as to why Man Utd will pay 100m for him.
  • Pxul_
    7768 posts League Winner
    Sellish wrote: »

giphy.gif

Is he prem proven?

No one in the prem is getting Mbappe.

Guess we might aswell start playing in ligue 1 then😂
  • Apollo
    edited September 12

He's 22, nearly 23.

Maddison wasn't nearly 23 last year, he was 21/22 during last season which is the season that was being referred to, not now. Mark being pedantic about 6 months difference in Maddison's age doesn't take away from the fact that he had an excellent debut season and they're great stats for a young player in their first season in the PL playing at 10.