Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• Sabo
    6818 posts Big Money Move
    RayS wrote: »
    does OP ever make any visits here anymore? Can't recall ever seeing him post in this lounge lol

seems @Ahmer50x is the de facto lounge leader

Tragically silenced by the regime for daring to have fun on the ea forum
  • SDoofus
    4784 posts National Call-Up
    Woodward's biggest failure was putting Klopp off United, calling it adult disneyland. Imagine you got Klopp. It would be United vs City right now.
  • MarkFromNorwich
    3032 posts National Call-Up
    Leicester v Man Utd combined XI:

De Gea
    Pereira - Soyuncu - Maguire - Chilwell
    Ndidi
    Tielemans - Pogba
    Maddison
    Vardy - Martial

Went with the diamond as it made the most sense for the personnel. Dan James unlucky to miss out. Centreback was best of a bad bunch. I was picking from the full squads of both, not just the players who are fit.
  • El_Nino
    2947 posts Fans' Favourite
    Leicester v Man Utd combined XI:

De Gea
    Pereira - Soyuncu - Maguire - Chilwell
    Ndidi
    Tielemans - Pogba
    Maddison
    Vardy - Martial

Went with the diamond as it made the most sense for the personnel. Dan James unlucky to miss out. Centreback was best of a bad bunch. I was picking from the full squads of both, not just the players who are fit.

DDG
    AWB—Söyüncü—Maguire—Chillwell
    Pogba—Ndidi
    Rashford—Maddison—James
    Vardy

That would be it for me. Söyüncü and James on form deserve the place.
  • Kellnerr
    2517 posts Fans' Favourite
    De Gea
    Pereira - Lindelof - Maguire - Chilwell
    Tielemans - Pogba
    James - Maddison - Martial
    Vardy
    Could make a case for AWB > Pereira, but I went with the attacking route.
  • El_Nino
    edited September 12
    Kellnerr wrote: »
    De Gea
    Tielemans - Pogba
    Vardy

That holding midfield partnership would get fingered by non league level attacks.

That mid and fullback combination is shipping 5 a game.
  • MarkFromNorwich
    Putting Rashford in has to immediately invalidate the rest of your team.
  • El_Nino

Hardly, he’s in poor form however has done a lot more in the league than others, you could put Martial there on form or Rashford there on history, I went for abit of form and proven ability in that regard.
  • MarkFromNorwich
    El_Nino wrote: »

Hardly, he’s in poor form however has done a lot more in the league than others, you could put Martial there on form or Rashford there on history, I went for abit of form and proven ability in that regard.

Rashford has been really, really poor for months. Man Utd fans were blaming it on an injury, despite the fact he only missed one game and then came straight back into the team.

I think most Man Utd fans would agree that Martial is clearly better than Rashford - or 'Rash Bandicoot', as I've seen him be called.
  • El_Nino

Rashford has been really, really poor for months. Man Utd fans were blaming it on an injury, despite the fact he only missed one game and then came straight back into the team.

I think most Man Utd fans would agree that Martial is clearly better than Rashford - or 'Rash Bandicoot', as I've seen him be called.
    And 6 months ago the majority of United fans(maybe not as many of the guys on here) would have told you Rashford is class and Martial has a bad attitude and can be let go.

Rashford is in bad form, imo that’s all it is, he’s got more than enough about him to be a very good player, think people forget he’s only 21, and has already been moved about positionally, not easy to maintain form in his situation.
  • MarkFromNorwich
    If Rashford is "proven quality" then Martial who has been much more consistent is definitely more "proven quality". Martial has been in much better form this season too so I don't know how Rashford made your team and Martial did not.

• Apollo
    14409 posts Has That Special Something
    Rashford is in bad form, imo that’s all it is, he’s got more than enough about him to be a very good player, think people forget he’s only 21, and has already been moved about positionally, not easy to maintain form in his situation.

Speaking as someone who has on multiple occasions wasted my time by arguing with him, I'd quit while you're ahead. The fact that you're spot on above makes no difference with who you're arguing with :D
  • El_Nino
    edited September 12
    Apollo wrote: »

Speaking as someone who has on multiple occasions wasted my time by arguing with him, I'd quit while you're ahead. The fact that you're spot on above makes no difference with who you're arguing with :D
    Yeah I don’t know why I responded to start with😂
    Thank you for the reminder aha

• MarkFromNorwich

Spot on with what? Yes, fickle fans probably did fall for a bit of good form. Rashford has been largely average for most of his United career so far - so has Martial, but Martial has strung together much more consistent performances than Rashford ever has. He also has 7 more goals and 3 more assists in only 1 more game. How is Rashford proven quality but Martial is not?
  • Apollo

Looking for Martial in what I quoted:

giphy.gif
  • Ahmer50x
    17463 posts World Class
    De Gea
    Tielemans - Pogba
    Vardy

On current form, I’d have AWB, Soyuncu, and Ndidi over Pereira, Lindelof, and Tielemens.

Other than that agree.
  • MarkFromNorwich

Looking for Martial in what I quoted:

giphy

It's a discussion about who should be in a combined XI, Rashford or Martial.
  • Apollo
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    De Gea
    Tielemans - Pogba
    Vardy

On current form, I’d have AWB, Soyuncu, and Ndidi over Pereira, Lindelof, and Tielemens.

Other than that agree.

This.
  • Sellish
    9039 posts League Winner

RvP wearing Man U shin pads at the testimonial <3
  • Apollo
    edited September 12

Manchester United are monitoring James Maddison as Ole Gunnar Solskjær weighs up a move in January or next summer

Can't see them being willing to sell in January
  • Ahmer50x
    17463 posts World Class
    100m bid in Jan might do it but it'd definitely take north of the Maguire fee. I'd like to see United be aggressive and agree a deal ahead of time for him to arrive on Jan 1, but its never gonna happen.
  • MarkFromNorwich
    Anything above 60m and you're getting ripped off.
  • Mike
    9984 posts Has That Special Something
    £100 mil for Maddison. You’ve got to be kidding me
  • WryLucky
    1587 posts Play-Off Hero
    100m is stupid...
  • Sellish
    9039 posts League Winner
    He is worth more then Maguire imo.
  • wth22
    9738 posts League Winner

Agreed. Don't think he's anywhere close to that level yet.
  • Kellnerr
    2517 posts Fans' Favourite
    Maddison is one of the best young british players out there, PL proven, winter tranfers usually are more expensive and considering the Maguire fee, he definitely would be around 80-100M. Not to mention that United might be in desperate need for another quality signing by that time.
  • Ahmer50x
    17463 posts World Class
    wth22 wrote: »

Agreed. Don't think he's anywhere close to that level yet.

Most chances created in the Prem since his debut. Young, British, United fan.

Lad has it all. Would be my number one target over Sancho personally because he solves our bigger problem even though Sancho is obviously the more special talent.

I'd happily pay 100m for him.