Manchester United Football Club

Comments

  • G000ner
    4077 posts National Call-Up
    SDoofus wrote: »
    Apollo wrote: »
    SDoofus wrote: »
    SDoofus wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    SDoofus wrote: »
    Leicester are doing really well, aren't they? This could be a really hard game.

    Most of us predicted 4 points from this month. Leicester H, West Ham A, Arsenal H.

    Leicester are unbeaten and got a point at Stamford Bridge already.

    While I think we'll win this, I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if we dropped points.

    You better beat Arsenal.

    Liverpool 'fan' willing Man United to beat Arsenal.

    Ok then.

    Blame your fans.

    You sure that s is needed, isn't just one the reason? ;)

    The others are nearly as bad. I mean, the Arsenal thread was dead for years. Ever since they stopped making top 4, the loud, brash Arsenal fans slowly disappeared from the forum. But for some reason, they've suddenly piped up again, taking digs and shots at United/Chelsea at any given opportunity and I am not sure where this newfound confidence/arrogance has come from, so it would pleasure me very much to see them fail.

    Edit: The Liverpool fans on here just saw their team win the CL, and we don't seem to make as many digs as Arsenal fans currently appear to be doing. So weird.

    takeitslow has got under your skin that much 😅. why do you even bother replying to him
  • SDoofus
    4745 posts National Call-Up
    G000ner wrote: »
    SDoofus wrote: »
    Apollo wrote: »
    SDoofus wrote: »
    SDoofus wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    SDoofus wrote: »
    Leicester are doing really well, aren't they? This could be a really hard game.

    Most of us predicted 4 points from this month. Leicester H, West Ham A, Arsenal H.

    Leicester are unbeaten and got a point at Stamford Bridge already.

    While I think we'll win this, I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if we dropped points.

    You better beat Arsenal.

    Liverpool 'fan' willing Man United to beat Arsenal.

    Ok then.

    Blame your fans.

    You sure that s is needed, isn't just one the reason? ;)

    The others are nearly as bad. I mean, the Arsenal thread was dead for years. Ever since they stopped making top 4, the loud, brash Arsenal fans slowly disappeared from the forum. But for some reason, they've suddenly piped up again, taking digs and shots at United/Chelsea at any given opportunity and I am not sure where this newfound confidence/arrogance has come from, so it would pleasure me very much to see them fail.

    Edit: The Liverpool fans on here just saw their team win the CL, and we don't seem to make as many digs as Arsenal fans currently appear to be doing. So weird.

    takeitslow has got under your skin that much 😅. why do you even bother replying to him

    No one gets under my skin, I am expressing what I've observed, and it doesn't just include him. Like @Ahmer50x said, there's a couple others as well. I'm virtually an outsider to it, as it is mostly United fans who bare the brunt of it.
  • G000ner
    4077 posts National Call-Up
    SDoofus wrote: »
    G000ner wrote: »
    SDoofus wrote: »
    Apollo wrote: »
    SDoofus wrote: »
    SDoofus wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    SDoofus wrote: »
    Leicester are doing really well, aren't they? This could be a really hard game.

    Most of us predicted 4 points from this month. Leicester H, West Ham A, Arsenal H.

    Leicester are unbeaten and got a point at Stamford Bridge already.

    While I think we'll win this, I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if we dropped points.

    You better beat Arsenal.

    Liverpool 'fan' willing Man United to beat Arsenal.

    Ok then.

    Blame your fans.

    You sure that s is needed, isn't just one the reason? ;)

    The others are nearly as bad. I mean, the Arsenal thread was dead for years. Ever since they stopped making top 4, the loud, brash Arsenal fans slowly disappeared from the forum. But for some reason, they've suddenly piped up again, taking digs and shots at United/Chelsea at any given opportunity and I am not sure where this newfound confidence/arrogance has come from, so it would pleasure me very much to see them fail.

    Edit: The Liverpool fans on here just saw their team win the CL, and we don't seem to make as many digs as Arsenal fans currently appear to be doing. So weird.

    takeitslow has got under your skin that much 😅. why do you even bother replying to him

    No one gets under my skin, I am expressing what I've observed, and it doesn't just include him. Like @Ahmer50x said, there's a couple others as well. I'm virtually an outsider to it, as it is mostly United fans who bare the brunt of it.

    If it's made you want your greatest rival to win a game, clearly it has got under your skin. What other Arsenal fans? Rival fans spend a lot more time in our thread, taking shots at Pepe, Ceballos, Luiz etc, than we do in there's. TakeItSlow is no doubt clouding your judgement.
  • SDoofus
    4745 posts National Call-Up
    G000ner wrote: »
    SDoofus wrote: »
    G000ner wrote: »
    SDoofus wrote: »
    Apollo wrote: »
    SDoofus wrote: »
    SDoofus wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    SDoofus wrote: »
    Leicester are doing really well, aren't they? This could be a really hard game.

    Most of us predicted 4 points from this month. Leicester H, West Ham A, Arsenal H.

    Leicester are unbeaten and got a point at Stamford Bridge already.

    While I think we'll win this, I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if we dropped points.

    You better beat Arsenal.

    Liverpool 'fan' willing Man United to beat Arsenal.

    Ok then.

    Blame your fans.

    You sure that s is needed, isn't just one the reason? ;)

    The others are nearly as bad. I mean, the Arsenal thread was dead for years. Ever since they stopped making top 4, the loud, brash Arsenal fans slowly disappeared from the forum. But for some reason, they've suddenly piped up again, taking digs and shots at United/Chelsea at any given opportunity and I am not sure where this newfound confidence/arrogance has come from, so it would pleasure me very much to see them fail.

    Edit: The Liverpool fans on here just saw their team win the CL, and we don't seem to make as many digs as Arsenal fans currently appear to be doing. So weird.

    takeitslow has got under your skin that much 😅. why do you even bother replying to him

    No one gets under my skin, I am expressing what I've observed, and it doesn't just include him. Like @Ahmer50x said, there's a couple others as well. I'm virtually an outsider to it, as it is mostly United fans who bare the brunt of it.

    If it's made you want your greatest rival to win a game, clearly it has got under your skin. What other Arsenal fans? Rival fans spend a lot more time in our thread, taking shots at Pepe, Ceballos, Luiz etc, than we do in there's. TakeItSlow is no doubt clouding your judgement.

    Nah, your thread was dead until Arsenal fans got a bit rowdy, which has led to retaliation shots.
  • Pughy30
    25679 posts Player of the Year
    Apart from Takeitslow I don't even know what other Arsenal fans troll or wind people up on here so it's a bit far to call Arsenal fans the worst on here due to one individual
  • Cyodine
    1309 posts Professional
    Hopefully United vs Arsenal is a draw, much better than one of you getting 3 points.
  • Ahmer50x
    17318 posts World Class
    edited September 11
    Pughy30 wrote: »
    Apart from Takeitslow I don't even know what other Arsenal fans troll or wind people up on here so it's a bit far to call Arsenal fans the worst on here due to one individual

    tenor.gif

    TakeItSlow and Tropicaz, visualized.
  • SDoofus
    4745 posts National Call-Up
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Pughy30 wrote: »
    Apart from Takeitslow I don't even know what other Arsenal fans troll or wind people up on here so it's a bit far to call Arsenal fans the worst on here due to one individual

    tenor.gif

    TakeItSlow and Tropicaz, visualized.

    Omg :D
  • RayS
    25318 posts Player of the Year
    does OP ever make any visits here anymore? Can't recall ever seeing him post in this lounge lol

    seems @Ahmer50x is the de facto lounge leader
  • Adrian095
    33917 posts National Team Captain
    RayS wrote: »
    does OP ever make any visits here anymore? Can't recall ever seeing him post in this lounge lol

    seems @Ahmer50x is the de facto lounge leader

    *Checks Profile*

    Last Visit: August 2015

    :D
  • Sellish
    8975 posts League Winner
    The worst fan on this forum isn’t even an actual fan. Womby talks out of his arse, but at least it’s entertaining watching him backtrack and embarrass himself.

    Aren't you too new to know who Womb was/is?
  • Tropicaz XBL
    4265 posts National Call-Up
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Pughy30 wrote: »
    Apart from Takeitslow I don't even know what other Arsenal fans troll or wind people up on here so it's a bit far to call Arsenal fans the worst on here due to one individual

    tenor.gif

    TakeItSlow and Tropicaz, visualized.

    Righty-o
  • Tornado31619
    16491 posts World Class
    Sellish wrote: »
    The worst fan on this forum isn’t even an actual fan. Womby talks out of his arse, but at least it’s entertaining watching him backtrack and embarrass himself.

    Aren't you too new to know who Womb was/is?

    I’m fairly certain that he was around when I first joined the forum, but even if he wasn’t, I’ve caught on :lol:
  • MarkFromNorwich
    2987 posts Fans' Favourite
    xG is a dumb stat, that is all I have to say.
  • Tornado31619
    16491 posts World Class
    Question. Is there actually any point in winning the Nations League? Because I was under the impression that Portugal had already qualified for the Euros next year, but apparently not.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    31690 posts National Team Captain
    xG is a dumb stat, that is all I have to say.

    Of course you think that, It goes against your opinion
  • RayS
    25318 posts Player of the Year
    xG is a dumb stat, that is all I have to say.

    it's easy for people to overvalue or undervalue it imo. but certainly not "dumb"
  • RayS
    25318 posts Player of the Year
    Question. Is there actually any point in winning the Nations League? Because I was under the impression that Portugal had already qualified for the Euros next year, but apparently not.

    it basically gives a second chance for smaller teams to qualify

    "The UEFA Nations League is linked with the UEFA European Championship qualifying, providing teams another chance to qualify for the UEFA European Championship.

    There will be play-offs for each of Leagues A, B, C and D in March 2020. Each group winner earns a spot in the semi-finals. If the group winner is already one of the 20 qualified teams, rankings will be used to give the play-off spot to another team of that league. If fewer than four teams in the entire league remain unqualified, play-off spots for that league are given to teams of the next lower league. This determines the four remaining qualifying spots for the European Championship (out of 24 total)."

    from wiki
  • MarkFromNorwich
    2987 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited September 11
    xG is a dumb stat, that is all I have to say.

    Of course you think that, It goes against your opinion

    Well I think that a 1v1 with the keeper that has a 0.29xG is more valuable than six shots from terrible angles with a 0.05xG.

    xG just seems more about quantity than quality. Not a real reflection of who had good chances to score.

    I also don't know how they valued Vestergaards chance (& subsequent goal) at 0.08xG. It's essentially a free header from about 6 yards out. Is the players height factored into xG? I feel like Vestergaard scores that more often than every 1 in 10 attempts.

    Someone please correct me if there's something I'm misunderstanding.
  • Ahmer50x
    17318 posts World Class


    Giggsy's cross is Daniel James-esque :trollface:
  • RayS
    25318 posts Player of the Year
    edited September 11
    xG is a dumb stat, that is all I have to say.

    Of course you think that, It goes against your opinion

    Well I think that a 1v1 with the keeper that has a 0.29xG is more valuable than six shots from terrible angles with a 0.05xG.

    xG just seems more about quantity than quality. Not a real reflection of who had good chances to score.

    I also don't know how they valued Vestergaards chance (& subsequent goal) at 0.08xG. It's essentially a free header from about 6 yards out. Is the players height factored into xG? I feel like Vestergaard scores that more often than every 1 in 10 attempts.

    Someone please correct me if there's something I'm misunderstanding.

    it's just probability and statistics. if you take 1,000 shots from the .05xG angle, you'd expect 50 goals. If you take 1,000 shots from the .29xG position, you'd expect 290 goals. It's a logical concept that just has a number assigned to it from a ton of simulation data.

    Idk if player height factors into xG. I don't believe it does. As far as I undersatnd it, xG is measured for an "average player." Obviously this means that a very above average player may convert lower xG chances more often than a very below average player (or a very tall player vs a very short player).
  • Adrian095
    33917 posts National Team Captain
    RVP still has the sauce
  • Mike
    9977 posts Has That Special Something
    RayS wrote: »
    does OP ever make any visits here anymore? Can't recall ever seeing him post in this lounge lol

    seems @Ahmer50x is the de facto lounge leader
    He’s here in spirit
  • Cyodine
    1309 posts Professional
    RayS wrote: »
    does OP ever make any visits here anymore? Can't recall ever seeing him post in this lounge lol

    seems @Ahmer50x is the de facto lounge leader

    He became a Manc.
  • ViVaWhom
    7896 posts League Winner
    Teh Zombz wrote: »

    these are the players we are missing now... players who are just effortlessly class

    can you imagine lingard playing in one of these in 20 years time... whats he gonna show lol
  • arsenalap
    4533 posts National Call-Up
    Carrick looked like he could do a job still
  • TakeItSlow
    7182 posts Big Money Move
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    Teh Zombz wrote: »

    these are the players we are missing now... players who are just effortlessly class

    can you imagine lingard playing in one of these in 20 years time... whats he gonna show lol

    How he can dance?
Sign In or Register to comment.