The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• finsfan85
    13144 posts Has That Special Something
    @MarkFromNorwich No point in debating with the United fans in here. They like to keep things optimistic in here. Any negativity or differing points of view are met with accusations of trolling, being wrong, and not being a real fan.
  • Apollo
    18468 posts World Class
    finsfan85 wrote: »
    @MarkFromNorwich No point in debating with the United fans in here. They like to keep things optimistic in here. Any negativity or differing points of view are met with accusations of trolling, being wrong, and not being a real fan.

Have you not seen the numerous rival fans who agree with us on the matter? It's hardly just United fans. Far from it.
  • MarkFromNorwich
    3124 posts National Call-Up
    edited August 2019
    Apollo wrote: »

Have you not seen the numerous rival fans who agree with us on the matter? It's hardly just United fans. Far from it.

And there's plenty of United fans who share views similar to mine...
  • Ahmer50x
    22010 posts Club Captain
    Apollo wrote: »

And there's plenty of United fans who share views to mine...

Name one.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    32906 posts National Team Captain
    Sellish wrote: »
    The only reason to start Fred is if we play Pogba as #10 with Fred and McT behind him.

It's hardly like McTominay and Pogba is a winning formula, the proof is there. Two midtable teams - one point.

Yeah. But the midfielder who sloppily gives away possession with inconsistent ball control and passes arguably more than any of our other midfielders...is the answer.

Are you talking about Fred or Pogba?

Oh 1000% Fred. Say what you will about Pogba and overdoing the dribbling and giving away possession because of it, but the guy still creates attacks plenty to make up for it. Fred doesn’t.

and what does McTominay do against these crap teams? Clearly doesn't break up counters as Palace broke multiple times and got into dangerous positions.

Personally no idea why Ole insists on a 4231 when it's clear Pogba is a liability in a midfield two. Guess I shouldn't question the manager though...

Oh I agree that McT isn’t anything special and should be the first to be replaced midfield wise next season, but at this current time, McT has certainly offered more than Fred has and proven to be more consistent. Fred will get plenty of chances to show that he’s improved on last season. But currently there’s no reason to throw him into the line up over McT at the moment.

And Pogba’s been just fine this season in a midfield two and even done his defensive duties.

Astounded by the definition of fine - 1 point from last 2 games. Yes... fine. McTominay and Pogba aren't the problem, Rashford, Martial and James aren't the problem. Maguire, Lindelof, Shaw and Wan Bissaka aren't the problem. So what is the problem? Just Lingard? Okay :smile:

Lol. So did you even watch the games? Or are you just looking at the results and just assuming that a line up reshuffle is necessary?

Yes, created virtually nothing against Wolves despite the possession, had a couple of half chances against Palace too but hardly a good performance. Defended Wolves well and defended Palace terribly.

“Created nothing”, fans have criticized one of the major problems there.

We were undoubtedly the better team in both those games ultimately outside of 10 minutes vs Wolves. Palace were incredibly fortunate in so many ways. There’s zero reason yet to hit the panic button and starting a major reshuffle. The only player that’s played poor enough to at least be asking the question of being replaced is Lingard.
  • Ahmer50x
    22010 posts Club Captain

Good piece.

The plan is good but The Glazers need to hold their nerve this time.
  • MarkFromNorwich
    On Marcus Rashford:
    He's been really crap for almost two years now.
    Yep. He's a speed merchant and on his day a good finisher. He lacks link-up play, is a non-entity in the air and isn't particularly skilful.

Rashford gets past defenders with his awesome acceleration. I don't want to say 'kick and run merchant' because lots of fans think this is an insult and I don't intend it to be one. A kick and run merchant can be a terrifying opponent for any defender.

But to claim he's this super-talent is misguided. He isn't, he's a good player who's abilities are essentially all physical.

source: RedCafe, Marcus Rashford performance thread

I could pull endless posts from other forums that agree with me, just like you could do the same...
  • Teh Zombz
    4212 posts National Call-Up
    edited August 2019
    dreadful draw, anyone know if any of the teams we got play on artificial grass? it's rare when we go a season without playing on one

• MarkFromNorwich
    edited August 2019
    Teh Zombz wrote: »
    dreadful draw, anyone know if any of the teams we got play on artificial grass? it's rare when we go a season without playing on one

Astana pitch is artificial.
  • Ahmer50x
    22010 posts Club Captain
    edited August 2019

Happy with it but unexpected. I imagine it’s mostly for experience.

Greenwood starts and Chong on the bench maybe? Bizarre not to use Gomes for that IMO
  • forearms
    5103 posts Big Money Move
    Ignore button doesnt work all that well.
  • Ahmer50x
    22010 posts Club Captain

Chong travels and Gomes doesn’t? Bad Ole!
  • forearms
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

Chong travels and Gomes doesn’t? Bad Ole!

He looked so good in that role in the pre-season. There must be something the coaching staff sees that makes them believe he doesnt deserve game time yet.
  • Apollo
    18468 posts World Class
    edited August 2019
    /
  • Apollo
    18468 posts World Class

Happy with it but unexpected. I imagine it’s mostly for experience.

Greenwood starts and Chong on the bench maybe? Bizarre not to use Gomes for that IMO

Hopefully that does mean Greenwood starts, would be great if he does
  • forearms
    I will be interested to see how Bruno looks with Madrid if the reports are true.
  • Cyodine
    2181 posts Fans' Favourite
    forearms wrote: »
    I will be interested to see how Bruno looks with Madrid if the reports are true.

I'm sure he will do well regardless of where he is at. Seems to be a very well rounded midfielder with a hard working attitude.
  • Apollo
    18468 posts World Class

Getting there now! Sanchez yesterday, Smalling today. Hopefully Darmian done soon
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    32906 posts National Team Captain
    Cyodine wrote: »

I'm sure he will do well regardless of where he is at. Seems to be a very well rounded midfielder with a hard working attitude.

Agreed. Genuinely don’t understand what our scouts were thinking
  • Wyojasond
    13317 posts Has That Special Something

Guy really is the new Eriksen. Constantly linked, but never moves 😂
  • MarkFromNorwich
    Cyodine wrote: »

Agreed. Genuinely don’t understand what our scouts were thinking

Professional scouts probably more knowledgeable than you when it comes to judging players (no offence).
  • MarkFromNorwich

Yeah those saying he's a puppet for that reason are silly imo, I think he's a puppet for saying he's happy with the squad post transfer window.
  • Keano
    15349 posts World Class

Yeah those saying he's a puppet for that reason are silly imo, I think he's a puppet for saying he's happy with the squad post transfer window.

Did we bring enough players in? No.
    Did the players we bring in improve our squad & are good players? Yes.

For me he's saying he's happy with each specific signing, not the window as a whole. Plus, if you go all.. i'm not happy, the squad is awful bla bla bla, you end up like Mourinho.
  • Apollo
    18468 posts World Class
    Keano wrote: »

Did we bring enough players in? No.
    Did the players we bring in improve our squad & are good players? Yes.

For me he's saying he's happy with each specific signing, not the window as a whole. Plus, if you go all.. i'm not happy, the squad is awful bla bla bla, you end up like Mourinho.

Spot on.
  • MarkFromNorwich
    Was looking forward to seeing Gomes tomorrow. Greenwood probably won't even start either.
  • Teh Zombz
    4212 posts National Call-Up
    gomes scored a beauty, he is too good for that level man, i wish ole would feature him more
  • HysxteriA
    3553 posts National Call-Up
    I'm sorry but what is Ole watching week in week out.

Gomes travels with the squad not included on the bench.

Last 2 games have proved lingard has absolutely no creativity which we already knew anyway.

Southampton coming up Gomes not included. Perhaps the only player we have that can offer his qualities at 10.

Poor poor decision making imo. This is precisely why I am worried about the rest of the season.

To have someone who clearly needs to break through, who clearly has the quality and what we lack at that number 10 role consistently not brought on or starting is ridiculous.

Yet another weekend where we get to watch Lingard run around like a headless chicken after a line of Whizz.