Lingard CAM
    James LW
    Rashford ST

but I'd go:

James RW
    Pereira CAM
    Rashford LW
    Greenwood ST

I personally agree with the decision that Ole has seemingly made to integrate Greenwood into the team at RW first then move him to ST later. I'd absolutely start him at ST in the cups, but I wouldn't start him at ST (even just for this one game) in the league until Ole feels he's ready - it's a tough ask to lead the line in the PL, I don't want to throw him in there too soon.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    33303 posts National Team Captain
    edited August 2019
    Keano wrote: »
    Apollo wrote: »
    The league starters are rubbish though. The above line-up looks more promising than the normal one.

That has to be trolling :D No one could possibly think that genuinely.

Add Maguire, Pogba & Martial for Jones, Matic & Chong.

edit: and De Gea, obviously. Wan Bissaka at LB too.

I give up. Please just go back to the XBOX section.
    De Gea
    Dalot - Tuanzebe - Maguire - Wan Bissaka
    Fred - Pogba
    Greenwood - Mata - Gomes
    Martial

Against terrible teams if Ole insists on a 4231. Gomes played off the left in pre-season so I guess he can play there?

Oh **** off. Had enough of this.

Fred has shown nothing in the league. Wan-Bissaka is a RB and Shaw needs to be playing. Rashford has to be playing at LW and Gomes at 10.

Please stop with this rubbish.

Rashford has been terrible for months! He's only missed one game through injury yet apparently that's the reason his form has been so bad. Wan Bissaka is a fullback so why can't he play LB? Azpilicueta has and that's the style of fullback AWB is. Shaw doesn't need to be playing at all.

Just because you're a fullback it dosnt mean you can play both sides... it's different roles/positioning/needing to be both footed, you don't chuck your best rb into a position that hinders him just to fit someone else who's 2nd choice in... you put that 2nd choice player in the makeshift role at worst. Rashford has been fine this season so far, maybe not world beater performances, but he has goals to his name.

He’s doing that just to force Dalot into the lineup because he wants to do his best to emulate The LFC full backs...regardless of the fact that judging by the first couple of weeks, spamming crosses from the full backs doesn’t seem to be in OGS’s tactics. If he wants Dalot to spam crosses, he’s be better off lining up at RW

I forgot fullbacks that can actually cross and contribute offensively is unique to Liverpool... my bad.

You’re forgiven

Ignored the most important piece of the comment regarding how we play. Well done.

Ole's tactics seem to be pass it sideways until we get a penalty. He could do with some wide players who can put dangerous crosses into the box.

So Dalot should play on the RW so he can cross. Thanks for confirming what I’ve already said.

Or we could have the RW and LW go inside and play the full backs high as we have no creativity in midfield.

What team do you manage again?

What team do you manage?

None. I’m also not here trying to pretend I’m a better manager than OGS either just because I was successful at Football Manager
  • MarkFromNorwich
    3124 posts National Call-Up
    The league starters are rubbish though. The above line-up looks more promising than the normal one.

De Gea
    Fred - Pogba
    Greenwood - Mata - Gomes
    Martial

Against terrible teams if Ole insists on a 4231. Gomes played off the left in pre-season so I guess he can play there?

Fred has shown nothing in the league. Wan-Bissaka is a RB and Shaw needs to be playing. Rashford has to be playing at LW and Gomes at 10.

Rashford has been terrible for months! He's only missed one game through injury yet apparently that's the reason his form has been so bad. Wan Bissaka is a fullback so why can't he play LB? Azpilicueta has and that's the style of fullback AWB is. Shaw doesn't need to be playing at all.

Just because you're a fullback it dosnt mean you can play both sides... it's different roles/positioning/needing to be both footed, you don't chuck your best rb into a position that hinders him just to fit someone else who's 2nd choice in... you put that 2nd choice player in the makeshift role at worst. Rashford has been fine this season so far, maybe not world beater performances, but he has goals to his name.

He’s doing that just to force Dalot into the lineup because he wants to do his best to emulate The LFC full backs...regardless of the fact that judging by the first couple of weeks, spamming crosses from the full backs doesn’t seem to be in OGS’s tactics. If he wants Dalot to spam crosses, he’s be better off lining up at RW

I forgot fullbacks that can actually cross and contribute offensively is unique to Liverpool... my bad.

You’re forgiven

Ignored the most important piece of the comment regarding how we play. Well done.

Ole's tactics seem to be pass it sideways until we get a penalty. He could do with some wide players who can put dangerous crosses into the box.

So Dalot should play on the RW so he can cross. Thanks for confirming what I’ve already said.

Or we could have the RW and LW go inside and play the full backs high as we have no creativity in midfield.

What team do you manage?

None. I’m also not here trying to pretend I’m a better manager than OGS either just because I was successful at Football Manager

I've never played football manager. Also, I hope you don't suggest any line-up other than what Solskjaer will pick otherwise you're pretending to know more. If Solskjaer picks Lingard you have to agree he's the right choice or you're pretending to know more than Solskjaer.

• XxRichiexRichxX
    edited August 2019

De Gea
    Fred - Pogba
    Greenwood - Mata - Gomes
    Martial

You’re forgiven

What team do you manage?

I've never played football manager. Also, I hope you don't suggest any line-up other than what Solskjaer will pick otherwise you're pretending to know more. If Solskjaer picks Lingard you have to agree he's the right choice or you're pretending to know more than Solskjaer.

Lmao. I love how defensive you’re getting.

But fair enough. Although the way we slate his decisions with Lingard, are entirely different than your coming in here and suggesting we need to play an entirely different system (ultimately you're wanting to replicate LFC/City style of play), suggesting a new formation, players that clearly don't fit how OGS wants to play and are clearly out of favor, etc. You've actually said that you're happy when we lose because it's one step closer to OGS getting sacked. When in reality, his tactics have hardly been wrong or an issue. It’s just simply not appealing to you.
  • Apollo
    20512 posts Club Captain

De Gea
    Fred - Pogba
    Greenwood - Mata - Gomes
    Martial

You’re forgiven

What team do you manage?

There's a difference between questioning a choice of player and constantly lambasting Ole's tactics simply because you don't like his style of play.
  • SDoofus
    6430 posts Big Money Move
    Remember the days when you guys thought doofus was in here trolling 😂

Mark is your comeuppance...😂

:D
  • XxRichiexRichxX

Lmao. Baffling to me that he’s suggesting that we must start 2 guys that struggle to contribute something. He’s mentioned that we should be dominating possession more but then suggest playing Fred In the midfield who gives away possession more than any of our midfielders
  • Apollo
    20512 posts Club Captain

:D

In fairness to @SDoofus, even though he's always been partial to trolling, when he actually wants to talk football he's actually decent to talk to, even if we don't always agree. The stuff Mark comes out with though is blatantly wrong.
  • MarkFromNorwich
    edited August 2019

Lmao. Baffling to me that he’s suggesting that we must start 2 guys that struggle to contribute something. He’s mentioned that we should be dominating possession more but then suggest playing Fred In the midfield who gives away possession more than any of our midfielders

You already start players that struggle to contribute something...

Pogba gives the ball away tons (including for Palace's winning goal) yet still plays every week. Against crap teams that play deep I'd rather start Fred than McTominay, hardly a controversial statement.
  • XxRichiexRichxX

You already start players that struggle to contribute something...

Pogba gives the ball away tons (including for Palace's winning goal) yet still plays every week. Against crap teams that play deep I'd rather start Fred than McTominay, hardly a controversial statement.

We’ve already criticized the largest problem in the category of struggling to contribute in Lingard.

Pogba and McT Have done just fine in the first few games.
  • Sellish
    10196 posts Has That Special Something
    The only reason to start Fred is if we play Pogba as #10 with Fred and McT behind him.
  • MarkFromNorwich
    Sellish wrote: »
    The only reason to start Fred is if we play Pogba as #10 with Fred and McT behind him.

It's hardly like McTominay and Pogba is a winning formula, the proof is there. Two midtable teams - one point.
  • Apollo
    20512 posts Club Captain
    edited August 2019

It's hardly like McTominay and Pogba is a winning formula, the proof is there. Two midtable teams - one point.

Come off it. Wolves are excellent against the top 6 teams, our problem in that game in creating chances was nothing to do with McTominay and Pogba.

Against Palace, again, the problem in creating chances was nothing to do with those two and the goals came from a defensive error, and one when McTominay was off the pitch.
  • MarkFromNorwich

Come off it. Wolves are excellent against the top 6 teams, our problem in that game in creating chances was nothing to do with McTominay and Pogba.

Against Palace, again, the problem in creating chances was nothing to do with those two and the goals came from a defensive error, and one when McTominay was off the pitch.

Problem creating chances is nothing to do with the midfield?

That's your opinion and I respectfully disagree.
  • Apollo
    20512 posts Club Captain
    edited August 2019

Problem creating chances is nothing to do with the midfield?

That's your opinion and I respectfully disagree.

Little to do with defensive midfield. Pogba is our most creative player by far and he contributes a huge amount to our creativity. McTominay, or whoever plays the role next to him for that matter is not responsible for creating chances. It is the responsibility of Pogba and the three players in front of those two to create chances.

Pogba creates chances, the problem was Lingard contributing nothing creatively and the defence made a couple of defensive errors in conceding.
  • XxRichiexRichxX

Yeah. But the midfielder who sloppily gives away possession with inconsistent ball control and passes arguably more than any of our other midfielders...is the answer.
  • MarkFromNorwich

Yeah. But the midfielder who sloppily gives away possession with inconsistent ball control and passes arguably more than any of our other midfielders...is the answer.

Are you talking about Fred or Pogba?
  • XxRichiexRichxX

Oh 1000% Fred. Say what you will about Pogba and overdoing the dribbling and giving away possession because of it, but the guy still creates attacks plenty to make up for it. Fred doesn’t.
  • MarkFromNorwich

Oh 1000% Fred. Say what you will about Pogba and overdoing the dribbling and giving away possession because of it, but the guy still creates attacks plenty to make up for it. Fred doesn’t.

and what does McTominay do against these crap teams? Clearly doesn't break up counters as Palace broke multiple times and got into dangerous positions.

Personally no idea why Ole insists on a 4231 when it's clear Pogba is a liability in a midfield two. Guess I shouldn't question the manager though...
  • Adrian095
    34071 posts National Team Captain
    Group L , you couldn't make it up. Smfh
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    edited August 2019

and what does McTominay do against these crap teams? Clearly doesn't break up counters as Palace broke multiple times and got into dangerous positions.

Personally no idea why Ole insists on a 4231 when it's clear Pogba is a liability in a midfield two. Guess I shouldn't question the manager though...

Oh I agree that McT isn’t anything special and should be the first to be replaced midfield wise next season, but at this current time, McT has certainly offered more than Fred has and proven to be more consistent. Fred will get plenty of chances to show that he’s improved on last season. But currently there’s no reason to throw him into the line up over McT at the moment.

And Pogba’s been just fine this season in a midfield two and even done his defensive duties.
  • MarkFromNorwich

Oh I agree that McT isn’t anything special and should be the first to be replaced midfield wise next season, but at this current time, McT has certainly offered more than Fred has and proven to be more consistent. Fred will get plenty of chances to show that he’s improved on last season. But currently there’s no reason to throw him into the line up over McT at the moment.

And Pogba’s been just fine this season in a midfield two and even done his defensive duties.

Astounded by the definition of fine - 1 point from last 2 games. Yes... fine. McTominay and Pogba aren't the problem, Rashford, Martial and James aren't the problem. Maguire, Lindelof, Shaw and Wan Bissaka aren't the problem. So what is the problem? Just Lingard? Okay :smile:
  • XxRichiexRichxX

Astounded by the definition of fine - 1 point from last 2 games. Yes... fine. McTominay and Pogba aren't the problem, Rashford, Martial and James aren't the problem. Maguire, Lindelof, Shaw and Wan Bissaka aren't the problem. So what is the problem? Just Lingard? Okay :smile:

Lol. So did you even watch the games? Or are you just looking at the results and just assuming that a line up reshuffle is necessary?
  • Apollo
    20512 posts Club Captain

It's three games into the new season and we're playing with half of a new back line. A defence takes time to gel together. No one is saying that we wouldn't like a new DM next summer, we've pretty much all said we want Ole to sign one.

The only decision that Ole has got wrong regarding his team selection is Lingard. From the players that Ole has to pick from right now, the only problem is Lingard, absolutely. Do we need a new 10 signed? Of course. We all wanted one in the window, Ole did too from the reports in the duration of the window and who we tried to sign. Do we need a new DM? Yes, we don't have enough depth, and McTominay could end up being a squad player for us with a new DM coming in next summer. But Ole can only work with what he has, and he's got his selection spot on other than at 10 so far.
  • Apollo
    20512 posts Club Captain

Lol. So did you even watch the games? Or are you just looking at the results and just assuming that a line up reshuffle is necessary?

I'm not convinced he's ever watched a United game with the stuff he comes out with.
  • MarkFromNorwich

Yes, created virtually nothing against Wolves despite the possession, had a couple of half chances against Palace too but hardly a good performance. Defended Wolves well and defended Palace terribly.
  • MarkFromNorwich

I'm not convinced he's ever watched a United game with the stuff he comes out with.

I can say the same to you...
  • Apollo
    20512 posts Club Captain

I can say the same to you...

You'd be saying the same to virtually every fan in this thread.
  • Ahmer50x
    24991 posts Player of the Year
    Fred isn’t a CDM. As Mourinho said, he’s more of attacking help and Pogba currently plays that role and if he was unavailable I’d prefer Pereira there.