Manchester United Football Club

Comments

  • Apollo
    15700 posts World Class
    edited August 30
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    We got **** Astana in Kazakhstan. What a joke :joy:

    Absolute disaster draw travel wise
  • SDoofus
    5702 posts Big Money Move
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    We got **** Astana in Kazakhstan. What a joke :joy:

    giphy.gif
  • Ahmer50x
    19086 posts World Class
    edited August 30
    I'm hoping for Rosenborg so Ole can go back to Norway and Rangers to face Stevie G now.

    EDIT: Well there goes that fantasy
  • Ahmer50x
    19086 posts World Class
    edited August 30
    **** Partizan Belgrade :lol:
  • ViVaWhom
    8242 posts League Winner
    we better get Rangers to balance this out, or just leave Europa League
  • Ahmer50x
    19086 posts World Class
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    we better get Rangers to balance this out, or just leave Europa League

    Ole needs to just play kids and not even make the first team travel or we'll finish 8th in the league from exhaustion :joy:
  • Ahmer50x
    19086 posts World Class
    AZ Alkmaar not too bad thankfully.
  • Keano
    13769 posts Has That Special Something
    I mean in terms of progressing, it's a great group, just the travelling will screw us come the weekend after.
  • TakeItSlow
    7542 posts League Winner
    Group was definitely kind to us!
  • Sellish
    9398 posts League Winner
    Horrible group. So much traveling plus incredible boring.
  • Apollo
    15700 posts World Class
    Sellish wrote: »
    Horrible group. So much traveling plus incredible boring.

    Of the teams themselves, I'd take boring all day long this season where we're working with a thin squad. The bigger issue is the travel.
  • TakeItSlow
    7542 posts League Winner
    I didn’t realise you were also in group L :lol: so fitting with the places you have to go
  • Ahmer50x
    19086 posts World Class
    Ole confirmed in his presser that Rojo will stay since Smalling is going but I really wish we'd just bin them both off.

    5 CBs is more than enough. I know one is injured, but that's why you have 5 :lol:
  • Ahmer50x
    19086 posts World Class
    "Alexis needed to go. He's been here for 18 months and it's not really worked out for him. For him to restart and get himself playing regularly and scoring goals that will only benefit everyone in the end. He will come good for them.

    For us we had a decision to make. I'm trusting Anthony, Marcus, Mason to be our centre forwards. We've got wingers in Chongy [Tahith Chong], Dan James, [Andreas] Pereira. We've got loads of options. For me it's time for our boys to feel that pressure and responsibility, to be more robust, to know they have to play five games in a row." -OGS

    Ole <3

    Only gripe I've got is I don't think Pereira is a winger personally. Would prefer him at 10 and Lingard or Gomes wide.
  • Ahmer50x
    19086 posts World Class
    Final MUFC Squad Composition:

    ACADEMY (10): TFM, Tuanzebe, Garner, McTominay, Pereira, Gomes, Lingard, Chong, Greenwood, Rashford
    JM (7): Grant, Dalot, Lindelof, Bailly, Matic, Fred, Pogba
    LVG (4): Romero, Rojo, Shaw, Martial
    OGS (3): AWB, Maguire, James
    SAF (3): de Gea, Jones, Young
    DM (1): Mata

    Still 7-8 deadwood knocking around but the large cull has helped in that respect and it was always gonna take multiple windows.
  • Keano
    13769 posts Has That Special Something
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    "Alexis needed to go. He's been here for 18 months and it's not really worked out for him. For him to restart and get himself playing regularly and scoring goals that will only benefit everyone in the end. He will come good for them.

    For us we had a decision to make. I'm trusting Anthony, Marcus, Mason to be our centre forwards. We've got wingers in Chongy [Tahith Chong], Dan James, [Andreas] Pereira. We've got loads of options. For me it's time for our boys to feel that pressure and responsibility, to be more robust, to know they have to play five games in a row." -OGS

    Ole <3

    Only gripe I've got is I don't think Pereira is a winger personally. Would prefer him at 10 and Lingard or Gomes wide.

    Yeah agree on everything, Pereira isn't a winger but did play there for Valencia during his loan & did have a good few months there, but for what we do he just doesn't fit.. Personally Pereira is a cam/cam, but can fit in at cdm in a 2 cdm formation where he's the creative one (like Pogba is at times).

    Hopefully 2 of the three attackers we use will be either; Greenwood, Chong, Gomes & James... think resting Martial/Rashford during the Europa league is key, atleast untill we get further into it so it becomes more serious in potentially securing CL that way (I know it's not ideal, but if we're going into the competition to win as I think Ole will, we have to think about the fact we might be in it the majority of the season).
  • Ahmer50x
    19086 posts World Class
    Keano wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    "Alexis needed to go. He's been here for 18 months and it's not really worked out for him. For him to restart and get himself playing regularly and scoring goals that will only benefit everyone in the end. He will come good for them.

    For us we had a decision to make. I'm trusting Anthony, Marcus, Mason to be our centre forwards. We've got wingers in Chongy [Tahith Chong], Dan James, [Andreas] Pereira. We've got loads of options. For me it's time for our boys to feel that pressure and responsibility, to be more robust, to know they have to play five games in a row." -OGS

    Ole <3

    Only gripe I've got is I don't think Pereira is a winger personally. Would prefer him at 10 and Lingard or Gomes wide.

    Yeah agree on everything, Pereira isn't a winger but did play there for Valencia during his loan & did have a good few months there, but for what we do he just doesn't fit.. Personally Pereira is a cam/cam, but can fit in at cdm in a 2 cdm formation where he's the creative one (like Pogba is at times).

    Hopefully 2 of the three attackers we use will be either; Greenwood, Chong, Gomes & James... think resting Martial/Rashford during the Europa league is key, atleast untill we get further into it so it becomes more serious in potentially securing CL that way (I know it's not ideal, but if we're going into the competition to win as I think Ole will, we have to think about the fact we might be in it the majority of the season).

    For Europa group stage, I'd go:
    Romero
    Dalot---Tuanzebe---Jones---Young
    Matic---Fred
    Chong---Mata---Gomes
    Greenwood

    Bench: Grant, Lindelof, Rojo, Garner, Pereira, Lingard, James

    Literally play the kids and reserves and leave the league starters at home as much as we can.
  • MarkFromNorwich
    3095 posts National Call-Up
    The league starters are rubbish though. The above line-up looks more promising than the normal one.
  • Apollo
    15700 posts World Class
    The league starters are rubbish though. The above line-up looks more promising than the normal one.

    That has to be trolling :D No one could possibly think that genuinely.
  • MarkFromNorwich
    3095 posts National Call-Up
    edited August 30
    Apollo wrote: »
    The league starters are rubbish though. The above line-up looks more promising than the normal one.

    That has to be trolling :D No one could possibly think that genuinely.

    Add Maguire, Pogba & Martial for Jones, Matic & Chong.

    edit: and De Gea, obviously. Wan Bissaka at LB too.
  • Apollo
    15700 posts World Class
    Apollo wrote: »
    The league starters are rubbish though. The above line-up looks more promising than the normal one.

    That has to be trolling :D No one could possibly think that genuinely.

    Add Maguire, Pogba & Martial for Jones, Matic & Chong.

    edit: and De Gea, obviously. Wan Bissaka at LB too.

    I give up. Please just go back to the XBOX section.
  • Keano
    13769 posts Has That Special Something
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Keano wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    "Alexis needed to go. He's been here for 18 months and it's not really worked out for him. For him to restart and get himself playing regularly and scoring goals that will only benefit everyone in the end. He will come good for them.

    For us we had a decision to make. I'm trusting Anthony, Marcus, Mason to be our centre forwards. We've got wingers in Chongy [Tahith Chong], Dan James, [Andreas] Pereira. We've got loads of options. For me it's time for our boys to feel that pressure and responsibility, to be more robust, to know they have to play five games in a row." -OGS

    Ole <3

    Only gripe I've got is I don't think Pereira is a winger personally. Would prefer him at 10 and Lingard or Gomes wide.

    Yeah agree on everything, Pereira isn't a winger but did play there for Valencia during his loan & did have a good few months there, but for what we do he just doesn't fit.. Personally Pereira is a cam/cam, but can fit in at cdm in a 2 cdm formation where he's the creative one (like Pogba is at times).

    Hopefully 2 of the three attackers we use will be either; Greenwood, Chong, Gomes & James... think resting Martial/Rashford during the Europa league is key, atleast untill we get further into it so it becomes more serious in potentially securing CL that way (I know it's not ideal, but if we're going into the competition to win as I think Ole will, we have to think about the fact we might be in it the majority of the season).

    For Europa group stage, I'd go:
    Romero
    Dalot---Tuanzebe---Jones---Young
    Matic---Fred
    Chong---Mata---Gomes
    Greenwood

    Bench: Grant, Lindelof, Rojo, Garner, Pereira, Lingard, James

    Literally play the kids and reserves and leave the league starters at home as much as we can.

    Yeah that gives them & a few squad players minutes, looks a decent side with experience & youth.

    Would like to play Gomes cam if he wont get the chance in the prem just yet, but i can see why you've given Mata it (as Jesse seems to be our first chice atm as well as Mata creating for Chong, Gomes & greenwood would be lovely... could also give Fred a boost in confidence as well as Dalot.
  • MarkFromNorwich
    3095 posts National Call-Up
    Apollo wrote: »
    Apollo wrote: »
    The league starters are rubbish though. The above line-up looks more promising than the normal one.

    That has to be trolling :D No one could possibly think that genuinely.

    Add Maguire, Pogba & Martial for Jones, Matic & Chong.

    edit: and De Gea, obviously. Wan Bissaka at LB too.

    I give up. Please just go back to the XBOX section.
    De Gea
    Dalot - Tuanzebe - Maguire - Wan Bissaka
    Fred - Pogba
    Greenwood - Mata - Gomes
    Martial

    Against terrible teams if Ole insists on a 4231. Gomes played off the left in pre-season so I guess he can play there?
  • Pxul_
    8062 posts League Winner
    That attacking trio behind the striker is absolutely woeful
  • Ahmer50x
    19086 posts World Class
    Apollo wrote: »
    Apollo wrote: »
    The league starters are rubbish though. The above line-up looks more promising than the normal one.

    That has to be trolling :D No one could possibly think that genuinely.

    Add Maguire, Pogba & Martial for Jones, Matic & Chong.

    edit: and De Gea, obviously. Wan Bissaka at LB too.

    I give up. Please just go back to the XBOX section.
    De Gea
    Dalot - Tuanzebe - Maguire - Wan Bissaka
    Fred - Pogba
    Greenwood - Mata - Gomes
    Martial

    Against terrible teams if Ole insists on a 4231. Gomes played off the left in pre-season so I guess he can play there?

    If you don't rate Rashford, you need to be involuntarily committed.
  • MarkFromNorwich
    3095 posts National Call-Up
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Apollo wrote: »
    Apollo wrote: »
    The league starters are rubbish though. The above line-up looks more promising than the normal one.

    That has to be trolling :D No one could possibly think that genuinely.

    Add Maguire, Pogba & Martial for Jones, Matic & Chong.

    edit: and De Gea, obviously. Wan Bissaka at LB too.

    I give up. Please just go back to the XBOX section.
    De Gea
    Dalot - Tuanzebe - Maguire - Wan Bissaka
    Fred - Pogba
    Greenwood - Mata - Gomes
    Martial

    Against terrible teams if Ole insists on a 4231. Gomes played off the left in pre-season so I guess he can play there?

    If you don't rate Rashford, you need to be involuntarily committed.

    Yeah, yeah....

    He's a moments player. If he doesn't score his performance is normally 5/10 at best. Tell me what he's good at?
  • Apollo
    15700 posts World Class
    Apollo wrote: »
    Apollo wrote: »
    The league starters are rubbish though. The above line-up looks more promising than the normal one.

    That has to be trolling :D No one could possibly think that genuinely.

    Add Maguire, Pogba & Martial for Jones, Matic & Chong.

    edit: and De Gea, obviously. Wan Bissaka at LB too.

    I give up. Please just go back to the XBOX section.
    De Gea
    Dalot - Tuanzebe - Maguire - Wan Bissaka
    Fred - Pogba
    Greenwood - Mata - Gomes
    Martial

    Against terrible teams if Ole insists on a 4231. Gomes played off the left in pre-season so I guess he can play there?

    Oh **** off. Had enough of this.

    Fred has shown nothing in the league. Wan-Bissaka is a RB and Shaw needs to be playing. Rashford has to be playing at LW and Gomes at 10.

    Please stop with this rubbish.
  • MarkFromNorwich
    3095 posts National Call-Up
    Apollo wrote: »
    Apollo wrote: »
    Apollo wrote: »
    The league starters are rubbish though. The above line-up looks more promising than the normal one.

    That has to be trolling :D No one could possibly think that genuinely.

    Add Maguire, Pogba & Martial for Jones, Matic & Chong.

    edit: and De Gea, obviously. Wan Bissaka at LB too.

    I give up. Please just go back to the XBOX section.
    De Gea
    Dalot - Tuanzebe - Maguire - Wan Bissaka
    Fred - Pogba
    Greenwood - Mata - Gomes
    Martial

    Against terrible teams if Ole insists on a 4231. Gomes played off the left in pre-season so I guess he can play there?

    Oh **** off. Had enough of this.

    Fred has shown nothing in the league. Wan-Bissaka is a RB and Shaw needs to be playing. Rashford has to be playing at LW and Gomes at 10.

    Please stop with this rubbish.

    Rashford has been terrible for months! He's only missed one game through injury yet apparently that's the reason his form has been so bad. Wan Bissaka is a fullback so why can't he play LB? Azpilicueta has and that's the style of fullback AWB is. Shaw doesn't need to be playing at all.
Sign In or Register to comment.