Sanchez 30
    Smalling 29
    Darmian 29
    Lukaku 26

Players In:

Maguire 26
    James 21
    Wan-Bissaka 21

Add in the academy promotions and Ole's brought the age of the team down massively.
  • Pxul_
    8206 posts League Winner
    Still baffled that you sold lukaku tbh, at 26 he would just be entering his prime.
  • TakeItSlow
    7824 posts League Winner
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    Still baffled that you sold lukaku tbh, at 26 he would just be entering his prime.

Selling so many goals without replacing them somewhere is pretty dangerous.
  • forearms
    4934 posts Big Money Move
    TakeItSlow wrote: »

Selling so many goals without replacing them somewhere is pretty dangerous.

It's been brought up and discussed many times.
  • Ashy
    9969 posts Has That Special Something
    edited August 29
    Who did Man Utd get in the UCL group anyway?

Jokes on Arsenal
  • Kman
    2951 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited August 29
    Ashy wrote: »
    Who did Man Utd get in the UCL group anyway?

Jokes on Arsenal

We both suck
  • forearms
    4934 posts Big Money Move
    Pointing out what others in here might before they do: Valencia and Herrera weren't sold, they left for free. Herrera was offered an extension, he chose a different team/deal. None of this is really relevant.

Seriously, overall I'm glad the team is finally moving on from many of the players. There needed to be a clear out, and I'm happy it has started. Now we just need to actually bring in the players that fit.
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

Who are Liverpool’s 8!? Seems high off the top of my head.
  • Ahmer50x
    19719 posts World Class
    Couchy wrote: »

Brewster, Kent, Jones, Hoever, Keller, Larouci, TAA

It’s just based on who was registered, not minutes played.
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner

You sure the are all Pool academy? Thought they bought Hoever recently?
  • Ahmer50x
    19719 posts World Class

You sure the are all Pool academy? Thought they bought Hoever recently?

He joined them at 16. Like Andreas for us.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    32136 posts National Team Captain
    That’s horrible that no wonder he played ****

No party is blameless in this mess.

"Given the atmosphere a poorly-performing Sanchez carried with him, having the 30-year-old away from the training ground is what Solskjaer wished. Sanchez cut an isolated figure at Carrington. He performed his duties but declined to interact much with team-mates, bar Romelu Lukaku, who moved to Inter earlier this summer. "

"A source with with close links to the Emirates had a fairly abrupt opinion on Sanchez when asked this week. “Pain in the arse,” was the response."

"In a dressing room fuelled by loathing and resentment under Jose Mourinho, life became uncomfortable for Sanchez. One source close to the player says the manager often referred to Sanchez as merely “Chileno”, rather than by his name. Two sources have also given accounts of Mourinho raising Sanchez’s extortionate wage package — once in front of team-mates — in a bid to provoke a reaction from the player. A spokesperson for Mourinho declined to comment when contacted by The Athletic."

Seems like he wasn't arsed and Mourinho just made it worse for him.

Yeah said that the other day. Lukaku seemed to be the only one he really got onto per a lot of reports. It's no surprise he's following him to Inter. It was never going to work out with him at United with him being a loner the way he was. I read that during the optional team bonding dinner a few weeks ago, apparently the entire team was shocked to see him there because of the loner status

Feel for Sanchez tbh. Hope he finds form at Inter. Shame it didn't work out. Didn't realize all the drama that Mourinho was stirring up himself, but not at all surprised either.
  • Pughy30
    26368 posts Player of the Year
    What do United fans think of De Gea atm, his contract is up next year he’s on crazy money and not exactly playing well so United are gonna have to make a big decision on him eventually
  • Apollo
    16126 posts World Class
    Pughy30 wrote: »
    What do United fans think of De Gea atm, his contract is up next year he’s on crazy money and not exactly playing well so United are gonna have to make a big decision on him eventually

One page back from the current one, here you go ;)
    What are everybody's thoughts on de Gea?

Given his and Henderson's start to the season, if he hasn't signed yet, I'd put that contract on hold.

Let's see how they both do and decide later.

I know we could renew and sell obviously but his salary demands will create another Sanchez situation if he doesn’t improve
    Apollo wrote: »

Given his and Henderson's start to the season, if he hasn't signed yet, I'd put that contract on hold.

I know we could renew and sell obviously but his salary demands will create another Sanchez situation if he doesn’t improve

The longer time passes, the weaker his hand gets in the negotiations imo. While I believe he'll get back to his best this season, he's coming off of his worst season in years, we're about to shift Sanchez out on loan showing that we're not prepared to pay those sorts of wages anymore, we have a goalkeeper that is out getting PL experience and has started the season well, who is utterly determined to be our no.1 long term. De Gea needs to make a decision because his negotiating position is not going to get any better.
    Keano wrote: »
    Apollo wrote: »

The longer time passes, the weaker his hand gets in the negotiations imo. While I believe he'll get back to his best this season, he's coming off of his worst season in years, we're about to shift Sanchez out on loan showing that we're not prepared to pay those sorts of wages anymore, we have a goalkeeper that is out getting PL experience and has started the season well, who is utterly determined to be our no.1 long term. De Gea needs to make a decision because his negotiating position is not going to get any better.

This.

He needs to sort his head/form out, Henderson could easily catch him up this season if De gea doesn't get back to his normal self & put himself in a weak position for a contract or sale next season where i could only see PSG going for him.
    forearms wrote: »

I said that last season, but you gave me a hard time about not backing him. I love that guy. He has the ability to be the best in the world, and arguably was.

Watching him last season, you could see how large an effect the World Cup performances had on his confidence. I was worried about that issue going forward. The first two games, and it looked like Old Dave was back again, then that last goal happened. Now I'm worried that he may never fully escape from his confidence issues.

I soooo want him to be the guy. At this point I think it's best to wait to find out how/if he bounces back this season. And now with Henderson waiting, there really isnt a burning need to finalize any extension yet.
  • Welbeck
    5188 posts Big Money Move

how has he 'fixed' your defensive problems?
  • TakeItSlow
    7824 posts League Winner
    Welbeck wrote: »

I think he’s alluding to the signings made. But that alone doesn’t just fix defensive problems.
  • ChrisLFC
    7144 posts Big Money Move
    no Martial or Lacazette in the French squad, Ikone preferred :D Deschamps is a ****

Why are you mad about that? That's a good thing.
  • TakeItSlow
    7824 posts League Winner
    ChrisLFC wrote: »
    no Martial or Lacazette in the French squad, Ikone preferred :D Deschamps is a ****

Why are you mad about that? That's a good thing.

Yeah this, Laca had a knock anyway.
  • Apollo
    16126 posts World Class

Martial hopefully back for the Leicester game :relieved:
  • Apollo
    16126 posts World Class
  • Ahmer50x
    19719 posts World Class

Hopefully TFM can recover and show something and earn a new deal in the second half of the season, but fully on board with binning the other 3
  • TakeItSlow
    7824 posts League Winner
    By next summer you should have binned all the Woodward which is good stuff. After that you can properly rebuild.
  • Apollo
    16126 posts World Class
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    By next summer you should have binned all the Woodward which is good stuff. After that you can properly rebuild.

I know you meant deadwood but it would be nice if the club binned Woodward off too.
  • Ahmer50x
    19719 posts World Class
    We got **** Astana in Kazakhstan. What a joke :joy:
  • ViVaWhom
    8291 posts League Winner
    first team we get is from Kazakhstan.. great start...