Manchester United Football Club

Comments

  • Sellish
    9398 posts League Winner
    Do we know how long Martial should be gone?

    Hate it because it felt like he really embraced this season.

    Greenwood need to takes his spot meanwhile.
  • Apollo
    15700 posts World Class
    Sellish wrote: »
    Do we know how long Martial should be gone?

    Hate it because it felt like he really embraced this season.

    Greenwood need to takes his spot meanwhile.

    No announced timeframe yet, waiting for the press conference and hoping Ole gives us an idea of how long he's out.

    The international break has come at the perfect time for us regarding Martial.
  • Ahmer50x
    19086 posts World Class
    edited August 29
    Fellaini, Herrera, Lukaku, Valencia, Sanchez, Smalling, and Darmian offloaded would be an absolutely fantastic start from an outgoing perspective by Ole.
  • TakeItSlow
    7542 posts League Winner
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Fellaini, Herrera, Lukaku, Valencia, Sanchez, Smalling, and Darmian offloaded would be an absolutely fantastic start from an outgoing perspective by Ole.

    Are you counting Alexis and Smalling as offloaded though? If Elneny goes out on loan for us I’d be extremely annoyed. Needs to be permanent. It’ll just be the same scenario next summer.
  • Teh Zombz
    3859 posts National Call-Up
    i really wish herrera stayed, the only 1 i'm genuinely annoyed about selling but getting rid of fellaini is the best thing we've done in a long time regarding transfers
  • Ahmer50x
    19086 posts World Class
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Fellaini, Herrera, Lukaku, Valencia, Sanchez, Smalling, and Darmian offloaded would be an absolutely fantastic start from an outgoing perspective by Ole.

    Are you counting Alexis and Smalling as offloaded though? If Elneny goes out on loan for us I’d be extremely annoyed. Needs to be permanent. It’ll just be the same scenario next summer.

    My goal is them not playing for us. I don’t care why. If it’s a loan, it’s a loan.

    Unlike Arsenal, we don’t need the money.
  • Apollo
    15700 posts World Class
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Fellaini, Herrera, Lukaku, Valencia, Sanchez, Smalling, and Darmian offloaded would be an absolutely fantastic start from an outgoing perspective by Ole.

    Are you counting Alexis and Smalling as offloaded though? If Elneny goes out on loan for us I’d be extremely annoyed. Needs to be permanent. It’ll just be the same scenario next summer.

    Yes. They'd be off the books for a year. In Sanchez's case the club will be paying far less of his wages. If their loan moves go well, we'll hopefully find a permanent club for them next summer, if not, will ship them out on another loan. It's also a statement from Ole and the club. We want them out, we can't find permanent deals because of poor contract decisions in past years, so this is the next best thing. Just get the players out, take it one year at a time for those we can't find permanent moves for.
  • TakeItSlow
    7542 posts League Winner
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Fellaini, Herrera, Lukaku, Valencia, Sanchez, Smalling, and Darmian offloaded would be an absolutely fantastic start from an outgoing perspective by Ole.

    Are you counting Alexis and Smalling as offloaded though? If Elneny goes out on loan for us I’d be extremely annoyed. Needs to be permanent. It’ll just be the same scenario next summer.

    My goal is them not playing for us. I don’t care why. If it’s a loan, it’s a loan.

    Unlike Arsenal, we don’t need the money.

    We don’t need the money. But I’d rather not have Elneny pinging back to us next season.
  • Ahmer50x
    19086 posts World Class
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Fellaini, Herrera, Lukaku, Valencia, Sanchez, Smalling, and Darmian offloaded would be an absolutely fantastic start from an outgoing perspective by Ole.

    Are you counting Alexis and Smalling as offloaded though? If Elneny goes out on loan for us I’d be extremely annoyed. Needs to be permanent. It’ll just be the same scenario next summer.

    My goal is them not playing for us. I don’t care why. If it’s a loan, it’s a loan.

    Unlike Arsenal, we don’t need the money.

    We don’t need the money. But I’d rather not have Elneny pinging back to us next season.

    Surely better than him sticking around taking minutes off the likes of Willock though?
  • Pxul_
    8062 posts League Winner
    Who did you guys get in the draw :trollface: 😏
  • Apollo
    15700 posts World Class
    Thoughts on the draw tomorrow? Any preferences? I don't care who we're drawn against of the teams themselves, my only consideration is distance. Don't want any long distance travel matches, teams based relatively close is the only thing I'd rather.
  • Pxul_
    8062 posts League Winner
    That’s horrible that no wonder he played ****
  • Ahmer50x
    19086 posts World Class
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    That’s horrible that no wonder he played ****

    No party is blameless in this mess.

    "Given the atmosphere a poorly-performing Sanchez carried with him, having the 30-year-old away from the training ground is what Solskjaer wished. Sanchez cut an isolated figure at Carrington. He performed his duties but declined to interact much with team-mates, bar Romelu Lukaku, who moved to Inter earlier this summer. "

    "A source with with close links to the Emirates had a fairly abrupt opinion on Sanchez when asked this week. “Pain in the arse,” was the response."

    "In a dressing room fuelled by loathing and resentment under Jose Mourinho, life became uncomfortable for Sanchez. One source close to the player says the manager often referred to Sanchez as merely “Chileno”, rather than by his name. Two sources have also given accounts of Mourinho raising Sanchez’s extortionate wage package — once in front of team-mates — in a bid to provoke a reaction from the player. A spokesperson for Mourinho declined to comment when contacted by The Athletic."

    Seems like he wasn't arsed and Mourinho just made it worse for him.
  • Ahmer50x
    19086 posts World Class
    What are everybody's thoughts on de Gea?

    Given his and Henderson's start to the season, if he hasn't signed yet, I'd put that contract on hold.

    Let's see how they both do and decide later.

    I know we could renew and sell obviously but his salary demands will create another Sanchez situation if he doesn’t improve
  • Apollo
    15700 posts World Class
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    What are everybody's thoughts on de Gea?

    Given his and Henderson's start to the season, if he hasn't signed yet, I'd put that contract on hold.

    Let's see how they both do and decide later.

    I know we could renew and sell obviously but his salary demands will create another Sanchez situation if he doesn’t improve

    The longer time passes, the weaker his hand gets in the negotiations imo. While I believe he'll get back to his best this season, he's coming off of his worst season in years, we're about to shift Sanchez out on loan showing that we're not prepared to pay those sorts of wages anymore, we have a goalkeeper that is out getting PL experience and has started the season well, who is utterly determined to be our no.1 long term. De Gea needs to make a decision because his negotiating position is not going to get any better.
  • Keano
    13769 posts Has That Special Something
    Apollo wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    What are everybody's thoughts on de Gea?

    Given his and Henderson's start to the season, if he hasn't signed yet, I'd put that contract on hold.

    Let's see how they both do and decide later.

    I know we could renew and sell obviously but his salary demands will create another Sanchez situation if he doesn’t improve

    The longer time passes, the weaker his hand gets in the negotiations imo. While I believe he'll get back to his best this season, he's coming off of his worst season in years, we're about to shift Sanchez out on loan showing that we're not prepared to pay those sorts of wages anymore, we have a goalkeeper that is out getting PL experience and has started the season well, who is utterly determined to be our no.1 long term. De Gea needs to make a decision because his negotiating position is not going to get any better.

    This.

    He needs to sort his head/form out, Henderson could easily catch him up this season if De gea doesn't get back to his normal self & put himself in a weak position for a contract or sale next season where i could only see PSG going for him.


    Sanchez also is just gone now, confirmed on SSN.
  • forearms
    4876 posts National Call-Up
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    What are everybody's thoughts on de Gea?

    Given his and Henderson's start to the season, if he hasn't signed yet, I'd put that contract on hold.

    Let's see how they both do and decide later.

    I know we could renew and sell obviously but his salary demands will create another Sanchez situation if he doesn’t improve

    I said that last season, but you gave me a hard time about not backing him. I love that guy. He has the ability to be the best in the world, and arguably was.

    Watching him last season, you could see how large an effect the World Cup performances had on his confidence. I was worried about that issue going forward. The first two games, and it looked like Old Dave was back again, then that last goal happened. Now I'm worried that he may never fully escape from his confidence issues.

    I soooo want him to be the guy. At this point I think it's best to wait to find out how/if he bounces back this season. And now with Henderson waiting, there really isnt a burning need to finalize any extension yet.
  • Sellish
    9398 posts League Winner
    giphy.gif
  • Ahmer50x
    19086 posts World Class
    forearms wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    What are everybody's thoughts on de Gea?

    Given his and Henderson's start to the season, if he hasn't signed yet, I'd put that contract on hold.

    Let's see how they both do and decide later.

    I know we could renew and sell obviously but his salary demands will create another Sanchez situation if he doesn’t improve

    I said that last season, but you gave me a hard time about not backing him. I love that guy. He has the ability to be the best in the world, and arguably was.

    Watching him last season, you could see how large an effect the World Cup performances had on his confidence. I was worried about that issue going forward. The first two games, and it looked like Old Dave was back again, then that last goal happened. Now I'm worried that he may never fully escape from his confidence issues.

    I soooo want him to be the guy. At this point I think it's best to wait to find out how/if he bounces back this season. And now with Henderson waiting, there really isnt a burning need to finalize any extension yet.

    End of last season I was one of the ones saying to hold his contract. You’ve got me confused for someone else
  • Ahmer50x
    19086 posts World Class
    Someone asked earlier if we had any preferences for the Europa draw.

    I want top 5 league sides and close sides basically. Need a challenge for the kids to develop and to minimize travel. Something like: United, Monchengladbach, Espanyol, Rosenborg would be great.
  • Apollo
    15700 posts World Class
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Someone asked earlier if we had any preferences for the Europa draw.

    I want top 5 league sides and close sides basically. Need a challenge for the kids to develop and to minimize travel. Something like: United, Monchengladbach, Espanyol, Rosenborg would be great.

    Yeah it was me who asked. Travel was my main concern as well, don't want any long distance trips. Don't mind too much which teams we're drawn themselves, as long as they don't require a huge amount of travel.
Sign In or Register to comment.